Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

No loving way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

antidote posted:

No loving way

What if he's reading this thread? :tinfoil:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

TjyvTompa posted:

Grognak's axe of course. Paired with the unique outfit (is there anything else like it in all the other games?) this is a really powerful starter (+2 STR, +20% melee damage), I always go to Hubris Comics as soon as I can pick advanced locks.

id be down for more unstoppables! creation club stuff

the captain cosmos one was actually good for the sole reason it gave us more jangles the moon monkey lore

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

That Gun is great. I love the little "bweeee" sound when reloading.

The Holorifle is really neat, both as a concept, and in damage performance. The idea of shooting solid blocks of light at things in order to kill them is pretty cool.

I prefer my unique weapons to be somewhat different from the standard weapons. Ol' Painless is sweet and all, but it's just a more powerful Hunting Rifle. Same with Eugene and the standard Minigun.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Was it New Vegas or 4 that had the unique baseball bat that sent corpses flying when you killed dudes with it? Because that thing was fun.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Crowetron posted:

Was it New Vegas or 4 that had the unique baseball bat that sent corpses flying when you killed dudes with it? Because that thing was fun.

4, from the treasure

I remain very disappointed that there wasn't a deathclaw in that vault

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Mercy is a hilarious amount of overkill.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

antidote posted:

No loving way

:ughh:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

SwitchbladeKult posted:

They've literally said in every interview that griefing is something they are worried about and they'll have to constantly work on preventing. They announced some ideas they think will be cool and fun that will help but I don't recall anywhere anyone saying "it's not going to be a problem". That's not exactly "smug about how absolutely sure they've nipped griefing in the butt".

Pete Hines has figuratively never not been smug about everything he says and does. In interviews after Quakecon, he seems pretty unconcerned about griefing because, as he described it, Fallout 76 is not exclusively a PvP game and he is under the general impression that a player's first response to seeing another player isn't going to be to kill each other; which anyone who has ever played any online open world game can tell you is the furthest thing from the truth.

antidote posted:

Wait, I'm sorry. In the BUD.

I regret nothing and stand by all butt related typos. :patriot:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

First time it was funny, then it slowly got depressing. Now it's getting funny again.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Seeing people get cream-of-plenty'd is the best part of New Fallout Game Coming Soon.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

Meh. That's like many places irl I've seen. You must be accustomed to living in wealthy places. People scrabbling to survive don't have the extra time to sweep up garbage. Not to mention, why would they give a poo poo? That's such a ridiculous bourgeois sentiment.

Preeetty sure my granny would climb out of her grave to give it a sweep.

Not living with literal piles of trash in your actual house is not an affectation of the bourgeoisie.

Berke Negri posted:

what's the coolest unique weapon in the series

The Miss Launcher.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 27, 2018

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Berke Negri posted:

Mercy, hands down, for those situations when your absolutely sure EVERYTHING needs to die.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Back Hack posted:

Mercy, hands down, for those situations when your absolutely sure EVERYTHING needs to die.

Mercy is Thump-thump on speed but I rarely used it because of ammo concerns.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Tempus Thales posted:

How many have poor money management skills and pre-ordered the game?

I've been resisting so far. I love fallout but I kinda dislike most survival games. I'm really not sold on Fallout 76, I will definitely not pre-order.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

steinrokkan posted:

This is the most idiotic argument ever, yet people keep reusing it. Throughout the years people IRL have gone through numerous apocalyptic events, yet at no point did they stop "sweeping up the garbage". They buried they dead and rebuilt after the 30 year war. They buried their dead and rebuilt after Mongol conquests. They buried their dead and reuilt after the Rwanda genocide. They buried their dead and rebuilt after the Khmer Rouge.

It is against human nature to live in filth, and it's been a fixture of human activity since prehistoric times to clean up one's environment. Bethesda is just lazy and dumb about creating actually lived in places for Fallout.

If anything the most vulnerable people tend to be most festidious, on the aggregate level. As Gandhi said, nobody represents the virtues of cleanliness and purity better than the untouchables, i.e. the people most likely to suffer from such conditions.

Spent much time in third world countries or Asian in general pal?
Rubbish everywhere.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Azhais posted:

4, from the treasure

I remain very disappointed that there wasn't a deathclaw in that vault

You're supposed to be disappointed, kind of? That's how that story works. It's one of my favorite things to get companion reax on, that and the Natesicle/Norasicle.

I like the Broadsider, even though the projectile drop makes it an extremely VATS weapon.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

fist4jesus posted:

Spent much time in third world countries or Asian in general pal?
Rubbish everywhere.

Imagine confusing countries with poor sanitation with the notion that people are ok with mounds of trash in their house, or sleeping next to 200 year old, irradiated, skeletons.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

The railway rifle was criminally underrated, too. You could pin heads to walls with it, ffs.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

I live in Jacksonville and that's a pretty hosed up joke if you are implying what I think you are.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I live in Jacksonville and that's a pretty hosed up joke if you are implying what I think you are.

I don’t believe Todd Howard is implying the things you think he is.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I fell for it, and I liked it.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

NofrikinfuN posted:

The railway rifle was criminally underrated, too. You could pin heads to walls with it, ffs.

It was great. I got a neverending railway rifle that was a lot of fun. Too bad the spikes were a pound for five so it's almost entirely a not-Survival gun.

Super Rad posted:

Imagine confusing countries with poor sanitation with the notion that people are ok with mounds of trash in their house, or sleeping next to 200 year old, irradiated, skeletons.

Where are these mounts of trash inside people's houses in Fallout 4?

Also, there is this great console command, Disable.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

F4 seemed better about the trash thing. It only really bothers me in NV, a game which is all about the rise of sophisticated new societies which apparently can't scrub the drat floors or fix their shattered windows. Even then, I sympathize with obsidian given that F3 asset reuse wasn't really a choice with nine months of dev time.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
To be fair, have you ever looked at those areas *without* the trash? The art is obviously meant to be amply covered with clutter. Without the trash, a lot of places just look sorta... empty.

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear

Berke Negri posted:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/YCS/186

Sadly, that entire gun/texture is a Paywall exclusive for FO4.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Omar_Comin posted:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/YCS/186

Sadly, that entire gun/texture is a Paywall exclusive for FO4.

This is the one that doesn't spawn if you take Wild Wasteland, right? Like, it's either this or the Alien Blaster?

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear

NofrikinfuN posted:

This is the one that doesn't spawn if you take Wild Wasteland, right? Like, it's either this or the Alien Blaster?

Correct, I never took that perk just for that reason.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

A Light Shining in the Darkness.

the series went on too long without royalty, was good to see the king back on his throne.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Ring a ding ding, baby.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

The Zombie Guy posted:

That Gun is great. I love the little "bweeee" sound when reloading.

The Holorifle is really neat, both as a concept, and in damage performance. The idea of shooting solid blocks of light at things in order to kill them is pretty cool.

I prefer my unique weapons to be somewhat different from the standard weapons. Ol' Painless is sweet and all, but it's just a more powerful Hunting Rifle. Same with Eugene and the standard Minigun.

I'm a big fan of Energy Weapons in general. The Holorifle was "take it back to the Mojave" good. I do like the look of the LAER though. Very retro chic.

The Red Glare was fun too. New Vegas was diligent about making sure to add a bit more diversity to otherwise static weapon sets like explosives and fists.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
smdh if you dont hoard every unique weapon in your room like some sort of post apocalyptic dragon

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

smdh if you dont hoard every unique weapon in your room like some sort of post apocalyptic dragon

This post made me want to load New Vegas for the first time in years just to open my toy box in the Lucky 38. :allears:

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I had a few that I kept at Home Plate as trophies, like Kellogg's pistol, but I give a lot of the good guns to settlers and provisioners.

Heck, I put the Broadsider as a showpiece in the gun shop that I set up at The Castle.

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 28, 2018

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Finally finished McCready's quest line, and got his perk. He was pretty good backup in a fire fight, but he was just kinda boring otherwise.

Now I'm rolling with Cait, and that accent... :swoon:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
God I forgot about the Holorifle... classic weapon

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

It's a shame the Dinner Bell comes so late.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

The Zombie Guy posted:

Finally finished McCready's quest line, and got his perk. He was pretty good backup in a fire fight, but he was just kinda boring otherwise.

Now I'm rolling with Cait, and that accent... :swoon:

How do you feel about Fiona Glenanne from Burn Notice?

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

NofrikinfuN posted:

How do you feel about Fiona Glenanne from Burn Notice?

I haven't watched it, but if she sounds Irish, sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
Both of these were already mentioned, but This Machine and Thump Thump got me through the Battle for Hoover Dam in my first New Vegas run, so I always think of them fondly.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Survivalist's Rifle, so I'll do it. I like that gun, despite (or maybe because of) the wonky sight. Plus, you know, it was Randall Clark's, and he has the best story in Honest Hearts.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Aug 28, 2018