Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Snack Bitch posted:

I really want more west coast ipas like Pliny, someone needs to think of "new" name for them so people will get hyped up.

CrisPAs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Snack Bitch posted:

I really want more west coast ipas like Pliny, someone needs to think of "new" name for them so people will get hyped up.

'Merican Pale Ales. Ride that #MAGA train.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

danbanana posted:

'Merican Pale Ales. Ride that #MAGA train.

MAPA aka Make America Pale Again...

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Snack Bitch posted:

MAPA aka Make America Pale Again...

that's actually a little too on the nose

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Nice, dude. Congrats!

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

It straight-up pisses me off that brewers can be so sloppy and incompetent as to either not realize that they just packaged a time bomb, or absolutely know it but not give a gently caress if they can make some cash from it. Have some respect for your trade, dicknuts.

Zero surprise that Jeppe did that poo poo.

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

funkybottoms posted:

that's actually a little too on the nose

LIKE THIS?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BebLwXNl-py/

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

i was referring to MAGA already expressing a preference for paler things. also, weak that they stole the Run DMC logo for that bullshit

RocketMermaid posted:

It straight-up pisses me off that brewers can be so sloppy and incompetent as to either not realize that they just packaged a time bomb, or absolutely know it but not give a gently caress if they can make some cash from it. Have some respect for your trade, dicknuts.

he also put fried chicken in a beer #neverforget

but, seriously, isn't putting an all-caps warning in a facebook post to KEEP COLD WE MEAN IT good en-<explodes>

funkybottoms fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 26, 2018

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

[californishly] We must secure an existence for clear beers and a future for pale ales lmao. Alexa post to instagram

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Control Volume posted:

[californishly] We must secure an existence for clear beers and a future for pale ales lmao. Alexa post to instagram

#maltright

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

RocketMermaid posted:

Of all the awful poo poo that this industry does, this is by far the most offensive I've seen.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

According to Google translate the original Chinese text means "spirit", so I used Google translate to translate "beer". I don't know Chinese.

Also, on I side note, I was drinking The Veil Benner Pass Grand Cru as I quickly made that image. It is really quite good.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 27, 2018

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Holy loving poo poo

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm in Buenos Aires right now and drat, the craft beer scene is exploding here. Tons of breweries. Lot of IPAs but a solid variety overall.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Does anyone have the original posting of when tape blasting came up in this thread? It feels like it has been a...very very long time ago.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Fat Lou posted:

Does anyone have the original posting of when tape blasting came up in this thread? It feels like it has been a...very very long time ago.

Krustster, where you at? I also could use a case of Allagash House!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Lucky enough to get this from a friend. Boozy as hell. But not too bad.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Fat Lou posted:

Can we do a group buy on this tshirt? Please

gently caress im in too

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

:kiss:

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

everythingWasBees posted:

gently caress im in too

Yes

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yeah sure why the hell not I'm in

Kosher man
May 8, 2002

Spuckuk posted:

That's the one! It's really good, whereas most of the veer I've had from Hawkshead has been okay-ish at best.

See Hawshead was one of my fav cask producers when I live in the UK. ITI particularly was a goto at my local. Them and Magic rock never let me down for the american style British ales. I just would go for landlord otherwise.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I really hope this Half Acre Far & Away fest is solid because holy hell it was expensive.
I went for the evening session, what about the rest of you goons?

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

I picked up morning session tickets. I can’t believe it hasn’t sold out yet but I guess it is pretty pricey.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

LeafHouse posted:

I picked up morning session tickets. I can’t believe it hasn’t sold out yet but I guess it is pretty pricey.

Also in the morning!

I understand that the numbers are starting to look skewed with some of these fests, but for 3.5 hours of drinking some good drat beer, I don't think <$100 is outrageous. If you're at a nice bar, I'm expecting to pay that much for 5-6 good beers PLUS TIP over a similar time period.

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003
OK, I WILL, IN A MINUTE...

danbanana posted:

Also in the morning!

I understand that the numbers are starting to look skewed with some of these fests, but for 3.5 hours of drinking some good drat beer, I don't think <$100 is outrageous. If you're at a nice bar, I'm expecting to pay that much for 5-6 good beers PLUS TIP over a similar time period.

Where are you that you’re paying $15-18 with tax and tip per beer at a bar?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Compusaurus posted:

In Iceland~!

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

It takes a lot for me to go to a beer fest nowadays, but I got morning session tickets.

Tonde Mo Nai
Jul 9, 2005
my symbolism was stripped away long ago
The wife & I are doing the morning session as well. Couldn't pass up that brewery list.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Compusaurus posted:

I TIP WELL UNLIKE YOU loving PRICKS.

$8-$12 per beer for BA'd/wild stuff at most places in the area so let's call it $10 per, with tax. A beer every half hour for 3.5 hours means 7 beers. Add 20% tip because I'm not an rear end in a top hat if I've been sitting at a bar for 3.5 hours, and we're at $84. After fees, this thing was like $94. So it's not completely outrageous compared to an entire afternoon at a good bar.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

Looking forward to seeing you guys, it’s been a while. Leave it to Eddie to get the wrong session.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

LeafHouse posted:

Looking forward to seeing you guys, it’s been a while. Leave it to Eddie to get the wrong session.

Sigh.

At least you all can tell me what to hit up! :haw:

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

LeafHouse posted:

Leave it to Eddie to get the wrong session.

I have met him in person so he definitely does exist. Or rather, I've met someone claiming to be him.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Kosher man posted:

See Hawshead was one of my fav cask producers when I live in the UK. ITI particularly was a goto at my local. Them and Magic rock never let me down for the american style British ales. I just would go for landlord otherwise.

I'm sort of spoiled for choice up here with cask ale, magic rock are fantastic in general though.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Spuckuk posted:

I'm sort of spoiled for choice up here with cask ale, magic rock are fantastic in general though.

Their sour game is pretty much russian roulette though, it's either amazing or drainpour.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I'll be Denver the weekend of Far & Away or I was debating about making a mini beercation. To make myself feel better I will make a beer run to Vermont at some point end of summer or early fall.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Lyon posted:

I'll be Denver the weekend of Far & Away or I was debating about making a mini beercation. To make myself feel better I will make a beer run to Vermont at some point end of summer or early fall.

That’s my plan at some point here. I did a trip up to Boston and got Trillium e z . Treehouse sold out as I was pulling up. Prison city on the way was a good stop.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Treehouse got it's new brewhouse online so most days limits are a case of 3-4 different beers.

Bissel though, they sell out every morning. Meanwhile, Coolship Cerise and Coolship Resurgam are just shelf beer at Allagash, plus a cooler full of Hoppy Table Beer, House Beer and Tiny House.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Shabadu posted:

Bissel though, they sell out every morning. Meanwhile, Coolship Cerise and Coolship Resurgam are just shelf beer at Allagash, plus a cooler full of Hoppy Table Beer, House Beer and Tiny House.

all of this still blows my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Shabadu posted:

a cooler full of... House Beer

Actually, that's all mine. Just send it to me. Thanks.