Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I'm in favor of every game giving female characters an incredibly minor advantage you'd never notice in-game, like an eighth of a second longer sprint, just to get the :biotruths: retards mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
If they don't adjust any of the multipliers then I will exclusively play female huntresses for the slight bonus of not having as much high value surface area.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If female hunters don't have as many models wearing doofy hats then I'll hire women over a male hunter everytime.

Part of the reason I hate so many of the lower cost hunters is because of their dumb hats and not their load outs or traits.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

AndyElusive posted:

If female hunters don't have as many models wearing doofy hats then I'll hire women over a male hunter everytime.

Part of the reason I hate so many of the lower cost hunters is because of their dumb hats and not their load outs or traits.

Whats it like living a life so wrong?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

If they don't adjust any of the multipliers then I will exclusively play female huntresses for the slight bonus of not having as much high value surface area.

there's actually no engine semantic that demands the hittable surface area and the shown surface area need be the same, so even if women are half as broad as men they could use the same hit skeleton and be hit in the 'arm' on what appears to be a clean miss. online hitboxes being what they are people would just blame lag or other quirkiness and basically say git gud.

see also: source hitboxes and TF2.

revolther
May 27, 2008
Female characters will have both goofy hats and bustles added to their hit boxes and earn 3/4 the cash.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Me reading the last page and a half: :chloe:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I demand more hats and no killcams!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Basticle posted:

Me reading the last page and a half: :chloe:

Honestly wanted to comment something similar, but forgot that the smiley you used existed. That box comment was really tasteless.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

Whats it like living a life so wrong?

Feels good not having my head shot off as often as hunters with their dumb farmer hats, I'd imagine.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I still say dank weed should be a part of the game.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

AndyElusive posted:

Feels good not having my head shot off as often as hunters with their dumb farmer hats, I'd imagine.

Hats are not part of the hitbox lol what

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

Hats are not part of the hitbox lol what

Why are you talking about hitboxes? I'm just talking about doofy hunters in dumb farmer hats getting shot because they stand out when they're up to their stupid heads in foliage.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

my view: https://streamable.com/6z253

my buddy's view: https://streamable.com/wj10m

how the gently caress is there that much a difference in brightness

Basticle fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 25, 2018

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Basticle posted:

my view: https://streamable.com/6z253

my buddy's view: https://streamable.com/wj10m

how the gently caress is there that much a difference in brightness

Yeah, your settings seem abnormally dark. My game looks more like your buddy's.

For solo play, I've embraced cheap Winfield / Machete builds and have had pretty good results when pushing distracted duos at a boss.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Why are you talking about hitboxes? I'm just talking about doofy hunters in dumb farmer hats getting shot because they stand out when they're up to their stupid heads in foliage.

Now I just want to be able to change outfits and be the fanciest dandy in the bayou.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Varkas posted:

Yeah, your settings seem abnormally dark. My game looks more like your buddy's.

For solo play, I've embraced cheap Winfield / Machete builds and have had pretty good results when pushing distracted duos at a boss.

there are no brightness settings though

*edit* I'm seeing posts about a "contrast bug", is that still a thing? sure would explain what happened

unrelated https://streamable.com/f71jd

Basticle fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 25, 2018

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

A word of warning if you haven't already discovered this for yourself:

Tossing Dynamite into concertina or a destructible lantern will explode it instantly.
This can yield a very quick and surprising self-murder.
It will also count as a team kill if your buddy placed said concertina, for example.

I've also noticed that sometimes hitting a boss with an explosive (dynamite and frag bomb) will set them off instantly rather than waiting for the fuse.
Not sure if this is intended? It might make killing bosses with the bigger bundles more viable at least.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

So me and my buddy just killed 6 hunters including 4 tier 3s (3 of them by me :smuggo: ) and the first 2 were using Iron Sharpshooter (keep looking down sights while using a bolt action) for the first time and :stare: https://streamable.com/6qo5g

After that we had an insane loving fight at the butcher that ended in double tragedy. Am uploading a 8 minute long video right now

*edit*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4MNrYb9COU

Basticle fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 26, 2018

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Basticle posted:

So me and my buddy just killed 6 hunters including 4 tier 3s (3 of them by me :smuggo: ) and the first 2 were using Iron Sharpshooter (keep looking down sights while using a bolt action) for the first time and :stare: https://streamable.com/6qo5g

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Two hunters with two chain pistols and fanning is the funniest poo poo

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Commoners posted:

Two hunters with two chain pistols and fanning is the funniest poo poo

Intentionally miss, then when they think it's time to make their move pull out your Auto Mosin.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Basticle posted:

After that we had an insane loving fight at the butcher that ended in double tragedy. Am uploading a 8 minute long video right now

*edit*

Holy poo poo :laffo:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Basticle posted:

*edit*

Ahaha the full video is amazing

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I ended up with 4800XP and thats without the xp for leaving with the bounty and all that :negative:

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
I love the fights you can get in this game. My teammate got knocked down, and I got knocked down to 1 bar from a Sparks shot. I had less than a full Winny of ammo remaining, no consumables. Ran like a bitch, evading fire, made it into a barn and grabbed up some health.

But I found no ammo.

I only had six shots, a machete, and three throwing knives.

Thought for a while about what to do, waiting, listening. Then I saw a fatboy that I had LOS on from the loft. I took out a throwing knife, then flicked it at him, making him wig out and stomp all over.

Minutes passed. I did it again.

They must have thought I was on the other side of the compound, because Mr Sparks came up to grab the clue. I ran at him, he turned just in time to fire and hit me once- not enough. Killed him, ran back down into the barn for a lantern, threw it on him and left, searching for more health. Found it.

Came back around and found his partner near mine, waiting for me by a cart. Tagged him first, twice- then started shooting at the right side of the cart as I approached. The shots hid the sound of my footsteps, and he was healing when I came around the other side with my machete.

Got my partner up. He was pretty stoked about watching the fight.

No teammate left behind. :unsmith:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Sometimes this game throws you three rounds where you get wasted and frustrated to the point where you stop playing. Then you rampage through three rounds solo and rack up money no problem.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

This game can also ruin friendships.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm_JB1Igp5q/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1krpd2lbisani

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Basticle posted:

This game can also ruin friendships.

ProTip: You can't ruin friendships with Hunt: Showdown if you don't have friends to begin with.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Sometimes this game throws you three rounds where you get wasted and frustrated to the point where you stop playing. Then you rampage through three rounds solo and rack up money no problem.

The cure to frustration is playing chain pistol swat team. My 80 dollar cowboy vs your 700 dollar loadout. I have nothing* to lose.

Also bee jars. Always bee jars. They are my favourite thing. The word of our lord and savior Beesus must be spread.

Makes me want to rig up a Wickerman soundboard to play when I get wasped on.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

ProTip: You can't ruin friendships with Hunt: Showdown if you don't have friends to begin with.

Protip: if you can't figure out which of your friends is always triggering dogs and birds, its you

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Basticle posted:

Protip: if you can't figure out which of your friends is always triggering dogs and birds, its you

Uh, you're supposed to scare the birdies away - it ain't safe in these parts!

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Those birds are in danger and they need to get out of there.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
It's pretty fun to run around hitting every noise trigger you can, every now and then. It totally fucks with everyone in the general area, and if you're really fast, you can make it seem like multiple teams are hauling rear end through a wide area.

If you're also throwing chaos bombs everywhere nobody's going to know what's going on and they'll probably just hide for a little while because people are oddly reluctant to fight.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lol https://streamable.com/qgd44

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

decided to pick up the game after reading a lot of the thread even though its early access. Thank you goons, it does not disappoint.

Got my rear end kicked the first 3 rounds by npcs cause I was trying to learn the game and poo poo. Decided to do duo instead of solo and won the first game. This game is on another level and its crazy how tense a match can get. Since duoing, I've had 3 instances where my partner was downed immediately and I had to kill the other 2 hunters before picking them up again. Each time I did this, we were able to go home with a bounty :clint:

My question is, are there only two different bounties atm? Are they planning on adding more or changing the way bounty hunting works? I ask cause it seems like it will get monotonous hunting the same 2 creatures in the same basic layout every time. Obviously, the draw is hunting other players who are hunting bounties, but more variety would be very welcome.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

My question is, are there only two different bounties atm? Are they planning on adding more or changing the way bounty hunting works? I ask cause it seems like it will get monotonous hunting the same 2 creatures in the same basic layout every time. Obviously, the draw is hunting other players who are hunting bounties, but more variety would be very welcome.

Yup, currently there's only the two but they plan to add more of them at some point in the future.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

AndyElusive posted:

Yup, currently there's only the two but they plan to add more of them at some point in the future.

cool cool

can other nearby hunters see when i type to chat with my duo partner or is that only limited to the mics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

cool cool

can other nearby hunters see when i type to chat with my duo partner or is that only limited to the mics?
They can definitely see.