Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Enemu posted:

Are the other top tier RBs getting kept or are they all out?

pubic works project posted:

Keep Gurley. I'm sure you'll have a shot at Kamara.

Suave Fedora posted:

There’s no way you didn’t win the championship last year. Gurley + Kamara alone made up a lot of championship teams.

My first reaction was “how is this even a question” then I noticed it is 6pt TD.

You said you are fourth, but is that after considering whether or not the first three even have first round picks available? If they all have picks available, don’t expect Kamara to be available, MAYBE Zeke but that’s a long shot. I would go with your idea of sticking with Gurley because he has no competition in LAR but man it’s hard to pass up the insane value of keeping Kamara.

Ben Nevis posted:

Yeah. They're both great values. I'd agree that the first step is to suss out if all 3 guys in front of you are likely to have picks. I figure there's a chance Kamara or Zeke comes back, but no chance Gurley does.

Unfortunately I missed the playoffs with my winning strategy of drafting Andrew Luck and TY Hilton back to back in the 4th and 5th backfired completely on my and my team ended up being stacked at running back with literally a rotating door and QBs and WRs

We are drafting late so the keeper deadline is this week but if I had to guess each team I would say in a worst case scenario that probably these guys are out

Leonard Fournette
Derrick Henry
Christian McCaffrey
Kareem Hunt
Kenyan Drake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

You just know Todd Haley's getting that job in season.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

89 posted:

So did the Football Absurdity dudes abandon that Slack channel or what?

I got a new phone and forgot to reload slack because I'm dumb as hell

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat
Am I right to think Keelan Cole isn't worth giving up #1 waiver priority before week 1?

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I would definitely keep #1 priority over Cole

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

89 posted:

So did the Football Absurdity dudes abandon that Slack channel or what?

Nah, we are in there. Generally, it's used when we have ideas to talk about. Personally, I'm just terrible at the internet.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wandered into the SAS slack channel and immediately understood how out of my element I was, similar to the first time I wandered into fyad.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So my brother-in-law asked me to join his league with his buddies last minute. 12 team 1PPR auction league. $200 salary. Of course they all took the day off work because it's a big thing of theirs and I had to work. Figured I could still knock this thing out, but then I got pulled into an urgent conference call so the auto-draft took care of a few of my bids.

QB - Brady ($9), Handsome Jimmy ($1)
RB - LVB ($76), Hunt ($60), Rashaad Penny ($2), Ronald Jones ($2), Marlon Mack ($1), Riddick ($1)
WR - Tate ($25), Crabtree ($9), Corey Davis ($7), Cooper Kupp ($3), Keelan Cole ($1)
TE - Ebron ($1)
D/ST - Cardinals - ($1)
K - Butker ($1)

I was in the middle of bidding on Hunt when I had to go. Auto-draft got me Brady, Tate, Crabtree, and Corey Davis.

So how hosed am I?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

89 posted:

Alright, I think you guys will be happy with how I did in this draft. More Beersheets friendly. There's a few picks I cut off at the bottom cause I had to leave early so I'll have to drop those players when the commish inputs them.

I'm #5, Stephan.

Yes, I picked Gordon over Zeke and Kamara again. Because Cowboys suck and I'll take volume over talent.

Check out Deez Nuts team though lolz

I'm sorry to tell you that I'm sharing this photo in a few places but it's too good to ignore. Like when you notice someone passed on Kamara to draft Prescott it's universal laughter.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

So my brother-in-law asked me to join his league with his buddies last minute. 12 team 1PPR auction league. $200 salary. Of course they all took the day off work because it's a big thing of theirs and I had to work. Figured I could still knock this thing out, but then I got pulled into an urgent conference call so the auto-draft took care of a few of my bids.

RB - LVB ($76), Hunt ($60), Rashaad Penny ($2), Ronald Jones ($2), Marlon Mack ($1), Riddick ($1)
WR - Tate ($25), Crabtree ($9), Corey Davis ($7), Cooper Kupp ($3), Keelan Cole ($1)
TE - Ebron ($1)
D/ST - Cardinals - ($1)
K - Butker ($1)

I was in the middle of bidding on Hunt when I had to go. Auto-draft got me Brady, Tate, Crabtree, and Corey Davis.

So how hosed am I?

Like your RB depth is bad, but LVB, Hunt and Brady cover a multitude of sins. Considering that, the WR corps isn't bad.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
If Theo has his wrists back, I expect him to he a huge value, especially for a $1. He's got RB 3 value for sure.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Yeah I figure RB is my glaring weakness, unless Penny, Jones, and Mack pan out. Tried to snag AP, but my brother-in-law got him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TE - Ebron ($1)
D/ST - Cardinals - ($1)
K - Butker ($1)

So how hosed am I?

QB: Don't bother with two. Is there a high upside flyer like Jordan Wilkins or Courtland Sutton available?

RB: Studs and duds is fine. Sucks that you have both Penny and RoJo given how far their stock has fallen.

WR: I don't like the risk here. Upside with Cole is good but I am personally underwhelmed by your starters.

TE: You paid a dollar. Good job. Maybe see if Eifert is on the WW as an upside flyer.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

QB: Don't bother with two. Is there a high upside flyer like Jordan Wilkins or Courtland Sutton available?

RB: Studs and duds is fine. Sucks that you have both Penny and RoJo given how far their stock has fallen.

WR: I don't like the risk here. Upside with Cole is good but I am personally underwhelmed by your starters.

TE: You paid a dollar. Good job. Maybe see if Eifert is on the WW as an upside flyer.

I think both Wilkins and Sutton are available, so I'll drop Handsome Jimmy for one. I'm pretty high on Ebron as a Colts fan, especially after his 15 yard TD catch last weekend. I know Eifert is gone, but I'm sure there are a couple of other flyers there.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
Any of you all have a preferred app/site for doing keeper leagues? We've been using ESPN and doing an offline draft but need to make it online this year. When doing offline draft we can set keepers to whatever round they were drafted the previous season but ESPN restricts keepers as the first few rounds of the draft. Is this true? any alternative recomendations?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Tank44 posted:

Any of you all have a preferred app/site for doing keeper leagues? We've been using ESPN and doing an offline draft but need to make it online this year. When doing offline draft we can set keepers to whatever round they were drafted the previous season but ESPN restricts keepers as the first few rounds of the draft. Is this true? any alternative recomendations?

Use clickydraft

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
In a 1PPR league i'm most likely looking at my first round pick coming down to Beckham or Hopkins, as i'm already keeping Dalvin Cook and Alex Collins for my RB spots.

Do i go with Hopkins or Beckham? There's a chance DJ falls to me at #4 also (Gurley and Kamara are being kept). Zeke most likely will be available but i'm iffy on that dallas situation. We start 2RB 2WR and a flex

I'm anticipating it going in some order these 3 first Bell, DJ, AB84 and then me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I think both Wilkins and Sutton are available, so I'll drop Handsome Jimmy for one. I'm pretty high on Ebron as a Colts fan, especially after his 15 yard TD catch last weekend. I know Eifert is gone, but I'm sure there are a couple of other flyers there.

Is there any reason to think that Mack is starting?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Here's what I know:

If Luck doesn't return to form there are a poo poo load of fantasy players and owners that are royally screwed. Man we are all betting on Indianapolis not sucking this year. Chicago, too. If those teams go belly up I'm hosed.

How did I get to this place.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Use clickydraft

This, ClickyDraft is fantastic.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

kiimo posted:

Here's what I know:

If Luck doesn't return to form there are a poo poo load of fantasy players and owners that are royally screwed. Man we are all betting on Indianapolis not sucking this year. Chicago, too. If those teams go belly up I'm hosed.

How did I get to this place.

Dunno man, the only Colt I've drafted so far this year is Ebron as a TE2 because I have no faith in Luck's deep ball.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grant, Wilkins, Hines, Mack, Ebron, Hilton I feel like all appear on somebody's sleeper list in one fashion or another because the whole team is undervalued if Luck is healthy.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

kiimo posted:

Grant, Wilkins, Hines, Mack, Ebron, Hilton I feel like all appear on somebody's sleeper list in one fashion or another because the whole team is undervalued if Luck is healthy.

Those first 3 guys should be undrafted, man.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

pmchem posted:

Those first 3 guys should be undrafted, man.

I mean, if you play in a shallow league, sure.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
In a 12 teamer i'd consider taking Wilkins currently as a late rounder

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I just did a google search for NFL fantasy sleepers and brought up the first one I saw and it had Wilkins, Ebron and Grant on it.

edit: all I'm trying to prove is I fell for it with Grant, thinking oh man other than TY Luck has to pass to someone

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I know I'm just scrambling to invest in a backfield where we can't decide between Jordan Wilkins, Nyheim Hines and Christine Michael to fill in before Robert Turbin comes back in week five and turns it into a full-blown rear end committee (if Marlon Mack is too hurt to go week one).

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I mean, you think if they were any good we'd know it by now. It's not like CMike and Turbin haven't had chances.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ben Nevis posted:

I mean, if you play in a shallow league, sure.

I'm in a 14-team PPR money league that auction drafts where you start 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, and 2 FLEX among other spots. Grant and Hines went undrafted. Wilkins went for $1. None of those guys will win you a league this year unless like 4 other Colts die on the field.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
There somewhere where I can enter my Startup Dynasty league's scoring settings, team size, and budget and get a fair amount to pay for each player?

Anybody have any spreadsheets?

I'm going into my own Scott Fish Bowl inspired auction league on Wednesday without any clear idea on player values (other than don't spend more than 25% of your budget on one player).

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is there any reason to think that Mack is starting?

Just a gut feeling I have since he's a 2nd year player. I'm probably wrong though.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

pmchem posted:

I'm in a 14-team PPR money league that auction drafts where you start 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, and 2 FLEX among other spots. Grant and Hines went undrafted. Wilkins went for $1. None of those guys will win you a league this year unless like 4 other Colts die on the field.

Yeah, $1 is the right price. They're end of the draft guys in an unsettled backfield who may win some share of the job. As a bonus the presumed starter is injured.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Just a gut feeling I have since he's a 2nd year player. I'm probably wrong though.

Fun fact; when flying for work I ended up sitting next to a guy wearing a Colt's jacket. Turns out he was a team doctor. We chatted a bit and I mentioned Marlon Mack; his eyes lit up and said the guy was something special. Not sure he'd feel the same way now.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
So is the CBS site just poo poo or is it me? Anybody have any Ideas about the following.

1. I have been trying to change my logo but when I hit "save" it just reverts to the default....

2. Just finished the draft and had the Packers auto drafted. The Texans are on wavers I want to select them but I hit the "submit" button and nothing happens.

Is it just busy draft times lag?

ScottyJSno fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 28, 2018

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Fun fact; when flying for work I ended up sitting next to a guy wearing a Colt's jacket. Turns out he was a team doctor. We chatted a bit and I mentioned Marlon Mack; his eyes lit up and said the guy was something special. Not sure he'd feel the same way now.

is it really a good thing if the team doctor knows him that well

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Tank44 posted:

I run a funky dynasty league that allows 15 keepers on NFL.com , and it's been pretty good so far. I also use a linear draft instead of a snake and it has been able to handle all that plus draft pick trades. So that's my 2 cents.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Just had another draft, I feel pretty good about this one I think? I had the last pick.

12 team .5 PPR yahoo scoring

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 28, 2018

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Every aspect of media associated with CBS is poo poo. It's a good rule to remember in general.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Just had another draft, I feel pretty good about this one I think? I had the last pick.

12 team .5 PPR yahoo scoring

for 12 team that looks pretty good if cooks can transiton well into the Rams offense. I also think James white is going to eat this year in ppr. If you're unsure about him, sell him after a couple good games before Edelman gets back, but I think White has a great year this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
What type of waiver should I use for my 12-team, standard ESPN scoring, $20 entry league? We've always used the default 'reset each week' but a new guy last year made a fuss about switching to 'move to end'. I wonder if FAAB is too much for a $20 league.