Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm half done with octopath after ~40 hrs and I don't know that I'll ever finish it. The gameplay loop wore itself out. Now the question is: should I keep it and hope that I get the bug again in a few months or trade it toward MHGU tomorrow?

You can always just buy it again if you get the bug. For the record the gameplay gets better, though the chapter formula never really changes. Some chapters get better, others worse, so if you do think about playing later expect more of the same except with more interesting battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Mega64 posted:

You can always just buy it again if you get the bug. For the record the gameplay gets better, though the chapter formula never really changes. Some chapters get better, others worse, so if you do think about playing later expect more of the same except with more interesting battles.

Ya the later battles are what's causing me to just hock it. I want to do them but I don't feel like switching around party members and equipment on a regular interval. I feel obligated to do this to go thru all chapters 1s, then 2s, and so on.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Protocol7 posted:

There's still some hilarious poo poo like a giant knocking me 400 meters into the sky, but nothing like quests breaking or anything like that.

I’m pretty sure Bethesda have a policy of considering funny bugs like that a feature and not changing them.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Anime_Otaku posted:

I’m pretty sure Bethesda have a policy of considering funny bugs like that a feature and not changing them.
There were apparently intense arguments about whether or not to keep the "putting a bucket over someone's head prevents them from being able to see you so you can steal all their poo poo freely" bug. Thankfully, the good guys won that round.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

The Kins posted:

There were apparently intense arguments about whether or not to keep the "putting a bucket over someone's head prevents them from being able to see you so you can steal all their poo poo freely" bug. Thankfully, the good guys won that round.

As an added bonus, it makes the default Bethesda faces look better.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I love that you can just pick something up right in front of someone, then walk around a corner and put it in your pocket

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I love that you can just pick something up right in front of someone, then walk around a corner and put it in your pocket

That's how it works at Wal*Mart too

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

drat Dirty Ape posted:

As an added bonus, it makes the default Bethesda faces look better.

They could make so much money if they made a clean faces mod.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/nawafuji/status/1033899748619505665

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

wow

:krad:

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

X Box One X One lookin dope

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I want to grab Hollow Knight while it's still on sale but the store is down :(

What time do sales end?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

Ya the later battles are what's causing me to just hock it. I want to do them but I don't feel like switching around party members and equipment on a regular interval. I feel obligated to do this to go thru all chapters 1s, then 2s, and so on.

I'm not very far (just got my fifth traveler) but I'm planning on picking the four i like most after finding everyone and doing their quests first, level scaling permitting. hopefully that'll help alleviate burnout for the characters i like at least

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Look what got confirmed for Switch.

https://twitter.com/ChasmGame/status/1034161060352282625

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

I would so buy one of those keyboards of it was backlit.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Is that Metroid?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dan Adelman betrayed and left Nintendo to publish a PS4 game. He is not to be trusted.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Looper posted:

I'm not very far (just got my fifth traveler) but I'm planning on picking the four i like most after finding everyone and doing their quests first, level scaling permitting. hopefully that'll help alleviate burnout for the characters i like at least

You'll totally be able to do that. Doing one set of 4 2nd chapters, 3rds, and then 4ths may be a challenge (since there are the advanced job bosses to consider as well) but is totally doable level-scaling-wise.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I thought @Chasm was my ex-wife's account.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

^burtle posted:

I thought @Chasm was my ex-wife's account.

:golfclap:

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
Got tired of Octopath so I sold it. Should I get dead cells?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

Sounds like you already have some

in your brain

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
My left controller was drifting upwards, so I blew some compressed air under the stick flap and it's now working correctly again. But I'm just living in fear of the moment where it's going to drift upwards again, I'm literally playing hollow knight rn and each time the little bug makes the slightest head movement I'm just "IS IT BACK"

this is an anxiety post.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Monster Hunter is tomorrow

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Tayter Swift posted:

I want to grab Hollow Knight while it's still on sale but the store is down :(

What time do sales end?

And it went off sale before the shop reopened :/

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Those are pretty dissimilar games.

Similarly, thanks Switch thread for saying Horizon Zero Dawn was on sale. It's pretty cool though I don't think its that comparable to BoTW (Horizon is pretty story focused while BoTW is more of a weird systemic sandbox).

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

VladimirLeninpest posted:

I've seen so many of those with dark brown sludge in all of the crevices, like so:

This looks like literally every controller we accepted into GameStop while I worked there, and I was the one that had to try to get them clean.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
How do people get them so dirty? I think after a several years, mine had some gunk in the seam but that was about it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Wow, overpriced cardboard that isn't cool or fun.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Eating stuff like sandwiches and snacks while gaming is definitely the fast track to grime town

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I mean sometimes it was just peanut butter or whatever from kids who would eat while they played, or cheetos dust from literally any age group, but some people literally never wash their hands and hardly bathe so they have incredible hand cheese. Be wary shaking hands out there folks. It's way more common than you think, that was most controllers, people do NOT take care of their poo poo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cojawfee posted:

How do people get them so dirty? I think after a several years, mine had some gunk in the seam but that was about it.

A lot of guys don’t wash their hands ever. I’ve noticed this being in public bathrooms.:barf:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Always wear a condom before handling a used JoyCon.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

How many cigarette ash-clogged or insect-infested consoles did you see?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

SeANMcBAY posted:

A lot of guys don’t wash their hands ever. I’ve noticed this being in public bathrooms.:barf:

Yeah, i have kinda a thing about using urinals, so i always chill in a stall, and the number of people who enter the bathroom, piss, and leave without even approaching the sink is just loving terrifying.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

jivjov posted:

Yeah, i have kinda a thing about using urinals, so i always chill in a stall, and the number of people who enter the bathroom, piss, and leave without even approaching the sink is just loving terrifying.

Jeeze come on people at least wave your hand and make the sensor come on and pretend

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

jackhunter64 posted:

How many cigarette ash-clogged or insect-infested consoles did you see?

Well we didn't open them up but a lot of them REEKED so I would assume some were full of tar on the inside. I just assume every console is full of cockroaches, even my own.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just didn't accept consoles if it smelled like an ashtray.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They arent remotely similar so this question is just confusing.

Dead Cells is an action roguelite which means despite demanding some real time skill still requires you to get the appropriate drops for a good run. A progress system exists but its not particularly deep so if “repeat the beginning of the game dozens of times but ever faster” doesnt sound fun thay system wont change your mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The Lobster posted:

This looks like literally every controller we accepted into GameStop while I worked there, and I was the one that had to try to get them clean.

And now you collect each species of joycon, two by two, that they may survive the coming of the great brown flood.

• Locked thread