Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Kanos posted:

Prime Evil Diablo in motion, especially crawling around, looks like a sinewy xenomorphic nightmare creature. The thin body frame coupled with the enormous size of the Prime Evil design creates this weird unsettling gangliness that I think really works for a monster that's supposed to be the incarnation of terror in a way that Roid Rage Diablo doesn't for me.

I'm pretty sure they were going for the HR Giger vibe of a feminine thing that moves unnaturally and also eats you

I don't think they could get away with Andariel's design nowadays since she was basically buck naked but the sprites were low res enough that no one noticed. At this point Baal is guaranteed sooner or later and I really do want my boy Duriel with the 9 player game freeze while he goes to act freely. The dream would be if they picked obscure Act 1 monsters that punked people on their first runs through Hell like Bishibosh, Corpsefire or Treehead Woodfist but even Rakanishu and Pindleskin are already stretches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

It would blow my mind if Andariel was added as anything more than a skin for Kerrigan because they both fit the general aesthetic of "extremely dangerous naked lady with weird back things that serve as murder implements". It'd save Blizzard the trouble of have to make up a kit and it'd avoid having to do something about the design (either updating it and incurring the wrath of Diablo II grogs or leaving it and incurring the wrath of... everyone else).

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Getting something like this "right" has got to be extremely hard, because the original material is very open to interpretation.

I played some unranked draft tonight, and was in a 4 v 4 as the 1 filler. During draft someone on my team started shaming me on team chat for most of my HOTS games lately being vs AI games I do in the morning while drinking coffee before work. I told him to eat poo poo, with some more words than that, but it was not a pleasant experience. Won tho, so wasn't all bad.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Alarak rules

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Haven't been playing hots because drat BfA is amazing.

Here's a clip I found.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BoxyAntediluvianSoybeanOSfrog

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

The Butcher!

Im still waiting for a vegetarian skin for him, too. "FRESH BEETS!"

Holding a carrot and a bunch of references to soy and chia

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Two HGC players/streamers are doing pretty big giveaways on their streams over the next two Saturdays. Next Saturday they are giving away SSDs and the following Saturday they are giving away high end graphics cards. I think they are also giving coaching sessions. Def worth checking out imo, I really like Hosty. Don't know how Udall is as a streamer, but you dont even have to sub to enter.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Erdricks posted:

Two HGC players/streamers are doing pretty big giveaways on their streams over the next two Saturdays. Next Saturday they are giving away SSDs and the following Saturday they are giving away high end graphics cards. I think they are also giving coaching sessions. Def worth checking out imo, I really like Hosty. Don't know how Udall is as a streamer, but you dont even have to sub to enter.

Is it weird that I'd rather win an unlock all heroes code or even like 100k gold than expensive hardware?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Yeah

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Blizzard unveils new currency type for HOTS:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Looking forward to the new hero, untextured reference cube.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Kurieg posted:

Looking forward to the new hero, untextured reference cube.

gently caress yes

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I think they oversexualized the cube

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Put some pants on that thing

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Great another hypermobile hero

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
So apparently I'm really bad at Zeratul. Getting a bunch of games against the Butcher sure didn't help. It doesn't seem like you get enough damage for all the hassle of playing him unless the other team groups up; I'd much rather run Greymane or even Valeera.

I'm looking at buying a support next, Deckard or Stukov. I think Deckard is better and easier to play, but I'm way more likely to be able to pick Stukov. Thoughts?

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

I'm looking at buying a support next, Deckard or Stukov. I think Deckard is better and easier to play, but I'm way more likely to be able to pick Stukov. Thoughts?

They have both really fun utility and mechanics, IMO. I'd say buy the one you like better, no point in appeasing the meta too hard if you simply don't have as much fun with the guy you can theoretically play more. I'd say Stukov has a bit more learning curve than Deckard, but they both benefit from a good sense of timing and combos, so just see which one you'd enjoy learning more.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

So apparently I'm really bad at Zeratul. Getting a bunch of games against the Butcher sure didn't help. It doesn't seem like you get enough damage for all the hassle of playing him unless the other team groups up; I'd much rather run Greymane or even Valeera.

Zeratul is the most miserable hero to learn how to play, I hated grinding him to 5 and will probably not play him again for a long rear end time

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Stukov slaps the poo poo out of anyone dumb enough to get near you

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Zera is superfun once you hit 16 and, even more so, after 20. You’re just an unkillable machine that chunks the entire team down with a couple Q’s.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Star posted:

Zera is superfun once you hit 16 and, even more so, after 20. You’re just an unkillable machine that chunks the entire team down with a couple Q’s.

Of the four games I played last night, I had one where I felt effective, and got less so as the game went on (yes, I went Q build). I was getting locked down so hard I wasn't able to use Wormhole a lot, which......leads to a lot of deaths. Also if the red team isn't grouping up it doesn't feel like you're accomplishing much.

It's possible he's just not for me - Greymane is the only melee assassin I've tried that hasn't caused me a ton of problems. I'm much more comfortable doing anything else (maybe not MT but it's been a loooooong time since I played Muradin or Diabro).

e: I learned his escape and what he is and is not capable of, which is half the point of this exercise. It's hard to be good at the game when you don't know what most of the heroes do.

Corsair Pool Boy fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Aug 27, 2018

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Hey, if you think Deckard is better and easier, go with that. When you say "way more likely to be able to pick Stukov", do you mean in draft? Because I've seen him get banned pretty regularly, lots of people fed up with that silence. (But then, I'm wood league.)

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I'm not even a good kind of wood. I'm like, poplar league.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

<3 McIntyre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8vJtlb1FEk

Alizee
Mar 2, 2006

"Heaven"
What is necessary to carry yourself out of gold.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
Diablo and Garrosh? Weird draft

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Star posted:

Diablo and Garrosh? Weird draft
Yeah, that Alizee's team doesn't have any good solo laners is glaring. It would have been way better if Diablo or garrosh was thrall, yrel, etc. Diablo probably should have been in the solo lane but it looks like Valla was.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It looks like Jaina and Valla were both solo laning with Diablo, Garrosh and Malf in the main lane? Only way I can parse Malf leading the charge in hero damage.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Hey, if you think Deckard is better and easier, go with that. When you say "way more likely to be able to pick Stukov", do you mean in draft? Because I've seen him get banned pretty regularly, lots of people fed up with that silence. (But then, I'm wood league.)

Yeah, wood league here too. I feel like I see Deckard get banned/picked way more than Stuky, but I haven't done a ton of draft mode lately.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Gobbeldygook posted:

Yeah, that Alizee's team doesn't have any good solo laners is glaring. It would have been way better if Diablo or garrosh was thrall, yrel, etc. Diablo probably should have been in the solo lane but it looks like Valla was.

I mean, gold and below (at least) almost no one differentiates between warriors; they're all 'tanks'. I had a dude that was showing Diablo pick Kael instead at the last minute because I already picked a 'tank' (Blaze).

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

I kinda love that Mephisto and Alarak are bros

Alizee
Mar 2, 2006

"Heaven"

Kurieg posted:

It looks like Jaina and Valla were both solo laning with Diablo, Garrosh and Malf in the main lane? Only way I can parse Malf leading the charge in hero damage.

I'm "leading the charge" in hero damage because Gold 2 is trash and everyone stands still and gets rooted and no one punishes aggressive auto attack weaving.

I've been master and diamond all TL seasons and diamond a few HL seasons. Most games since I decided to build malf for damage and spam him, I out damage at least 1 or 2 assassins.

It's worth trying for those good at malfurion!

13-4 and counting

Alizee fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 29, 2018

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Battle Malf got even stronger now that you don't have to pick movement speed at 1 or ice block at 13. Get at me celestial attunement.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Isn’t battle Malf just gettho Whitemane?

Saves you 10k gold I guess.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Better CC I guess?

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
So having not played for 2 years, I had about 10 quick matches this week. 9 of them were on Cursed Hollow - what happened to the other maps? Also no one types in the chat anymore, not a single line was typed in 10 games. Is everyone using the voice chat now?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Mephisto: Such hatred burns within your heart. An infernal, that will consume ALL OF HUMANITY.

Murky: * murloc noises*

Edit: Upon killing Diablo II heroes.
Mephisto: I'll have to kill you again. And again. AND AGAIN.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Aug 29, 2018

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

kaesarsosei posted:

So having not played for 2 years, I had about 10 quick matches this week. 9 of them were on Cursed Hollow - what happened to the other maps? Also no one types in the chat anymore, not a single line was typed in 10 games. Is everyone using the voice chat now?

New / returning players will get cursed hollow a lot. Give it time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alizee
Mar 2, 2006

"Heaven"

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Nope, and WM is banned still most games.