Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

VanSandman posted:

Could someone post the trolly webm on a website that actually works on mobile?

Well as the webm doesn't include the music, here's a youtube of it instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfRkJEtzybQ

Also showing the equally ridiculous animation for stealing props.

e: Should probably have shown getting paid for stealing the props by dumping them out on a stage at the bar, but whatever. It's definitely a multiplayer thing, and is basically a fancy justification for a Steam Workshop Safari and laughing at all the weird/dumb poo poo you find along the way.

Icedude fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Aug 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Wow, that's loving magical, from both a technical and art standpoint.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
You can summon it anywhere, too. And vertically. We've even used it to get to items and stuff.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

holy crap I don't think I've played Garry's Mod in five years, but there's been some fun-lookin stuff on there outta nowhere lately

gonna get to downloadin'

e: anything else I shouldn't miss?

Peanut Butler fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 8, 2018

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Have you ever wanted to be the guy from One Punch Man, but on an island full of dinosaurs? Now you can!

It straight up works on everything in Ark, including the bosses (the reason I downloaded it, I figured this was more stylish than just console command killing them), it's amazing. Also it puts a little Saitama face buff icon in the corner of your screen when the gloves are equipped :allears:

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Recently played Half-Life: Echoes which is a mod sort of in the vein of the official Half-Life expansions, i.e. telling an original story with a new main character and entirely new maps. It owns so loving hard. The amount of detail and effort put into the maps is absolutely staggering and it's basically pushing GoldSrc to its absolute limits when it comes to lighting, NPC and entity count and level of detail in maps. Just look at this poo poo:

The mod author posted:

Hello again everyone!

After 20 years of enjoying everything that the Half-Life community has had to offer, I am incredibly happy to finally release my own contribution to you all.
This Half-Life mod will let you experience the Black Mesa incident from a different perspective, with some insights into mysterious events which Gordon Freeman was not present for.

This is my first real modding effort, which I began around 5 years ago.
I initially had just hoped to make a short and simple campaign that I myself would enjoy, working on it sporadically over the years in my spare time.
I never expected it to be as large an undertaking as it turned out to be, and I also could have never anticipated that I would get married and become a father in the time I worked on this project! It has been a long journey, but very much worth it.

Of course it's still the Half-Life engine so don't expect miracles, but even still I was genuinely surprised by the mapping in the mod. Screenshots can't really do it justice anyway because the real meat is in the gameplay. It's not a revolution or anything, but it utilizes most of the original game's elements and uses them well. Enemies are difficult to deal with but not unfair and experimenting with different tactics pays off well. Plus you start off as a civilian with no weapons, which in itself is very different to HL1 where you become the God of death as soon as you get your crowbar. It's admittedly pretty heavy on the action once you do start getting weapons with the occasional explosive crate puzzle or boss fight enemy thrown in-between, but that's fine since it's not that long, just a couple of hours overall. It's maybe a bit too liberal with the headcrabs admittedly, especially since everything seems to do a bit more damage now. Going in a tight corridor and getting ambushed by four is kind of unfun after the thirtieth time.

I don't know what else to say, really. Play it, it owns. You do obviously need to own Half-Life on Steam for it to work, but it costs like all of eight dollars right now if you seriously somehow don't have it.

Oh yeah and it reuses lines from the original game and the expansions so there's no awful fanmade voice acting either, which is always a bonus.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thanks, Stardew Valley Nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1163

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/840

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

:nexus: posted:

But WHY???!!??!
I looked around on the site and found Futanari creations to be sorely lacking, so here I am to save all you Futanari fans with some Futanari.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
For some reason "Missy's Shirts" is absolutely cracking me up. It's the perfect deadpan punchline.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

Just played through this myself, it was a blast.

A surprising amount of tension in the pre-cascade sections since you know it's coming, but not exactly where or when, and it even pulls a few fakeouts that keep you really on edge. Then post-cascade it's an age and a day before you get a decent selection of weapons, or any for that matter, and it pulls off some survival horror-lite stuff rather well during that stage. One section in particular goes full on in on that game feel, and mostly nailed it.

As said, level design is top-notch stuff, some of the best I've seen in engine, though it does start to fall off towards the end, but I don't think there was a single wholly bad section in the thing. A middle part of the very last combat section kinda sucked? A boss partway through just felt kinda weird and out of place? DK Zombie was kinda dumb, in that you had to get owned by it when you could see it coming miles off? Headcrab placement. But there is just so much detail and love put into the thing that shines through in every part, I'm kinda enamored by it.

Really, ya'll should check this out if you've got HL1 on steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppaqGnVfzk8

Jawnycat fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Aug 15, 2018

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Gave the mod a runthrough last night and I gotta echo (hah) those complaints. It was interesting that it pushed the horror aspect of headcrabs, like trying to make a black mesa version of ravenholm, but zombies are just such a non-threat in HL1. On the other hand, it decided to throw multiple alien grunts and vortigaunts at you when your only weapons were the pistol and a shotgun. There was also something of a plot with Eli Vance narration and a giant friendly alien that I did not understand.

Just really weird design choices. At least the times you interact with the security and science teams are fun.

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is Jazztronauts supposed to show a model of a scientist carrying a prop to the ceiling every time I whack something with the prop stealer?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

AGGGGH BEES posted:

Is Jazztronauts supposed to show a model of a scientist carrying a prop to the ceiling every time I whack something with the prop stealer?

This is working as intended

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Is there a tale of two wastelands specific thread? I’m thinking about getting started with it and wanna know what cool mods are out there for it

(I know there’s the TTW forum but you know)

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Furia posted:

Is there a tale of two wastelands specific thread? I’m thinking about getting started with it and wanna know what cool mods are out there for it

(I know there’s the TTW forum but you know)

No TTW specific thread, but the New Vegas modding thread tends to start talking about TTW every few pages or so. Thread's kinda slow these days, but I wouldn't call it dead yet.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3376713

The general Fallout thread on the other hand, has plenty of activity. Just have to avoid getting drowned out in 76 chatter.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847773

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ruflux posted:

Recently played Half-Life: Echoes which is a mod sort of in the vein of the official Half-Life expansions, i.e. telling an original story with a new main character and entirely new maps. It owns so loving hard. The amount of detail and effort put into the maps is absolutely staggering and it's basically pushing GoldSrc to its absolute limits when it comes to lighting, NPC and entity count and level of detail in maps. Just look at this poo poo:

Of course it's still the Half-Life engine so don't expect miracles, but even still I was genuinely surprised by the mapping in the mod. Screenshots can't really do it justice anyway because the real meat is in the gameplay. It's not a revolution or anything, but it utilizes most of the original game's elements and uses them well. Enemies are difficult to deal with but not unfair and experimenting with different tactics pays off well. Plus you start off as a civilian with no weapons, which in itself is very different to HL1 where you become the God of death as soon as you get your crowbar. It's admittedly pretty heavy on the action once you do start getting weapons with the occasional explosive crate puzzle or boss fight enemy thrown in-between, but that's fine since it's not that long, just a couple of hours overall. It's maybe a bit too liberal with the headcrabs admittedly, especially since everything seems to do a bit more damage now. Going in a tight corridor and getting ambushed by four is kind of unfun after the thirtieth time.

I don't know what else to say, really. Play it, it owns. You do obviously need to own Half-Life on Steam for it to work, but it costs like all of eight dollars right now if you seriously somehow don't have it.

Oh yeah and it reuses lines from the original game and the expansions so there's no awful fanmade voice acting either, which is always a bonus.

I can't currently think of a better thing to use my brand spanking coffelake gtx1060 PC on than running a goldsrc mod. Gonna give that a go, cheers.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Downloaded the .zip, installed as instructed, game does not show up in my Steam library. Please help. :confused:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Did you restart it?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Buried alive posted:

Downloaded the .zip, installed as instructed, game does not show up in my Steam library. Please help. :confused:

OwlFancier posted:

Did you restart it?

This. Restarting Steam will add a new game in your games list. Make sure you have Half-Life installed, this mod will not work with Half-Life source.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

This. Restarting Steam will add a new game in your games list. Make sure you have Half-Life installed, this mod will not work with Half-Life source.

I have. Several times. I finally saw it down below all the other half-life things (Blue Shift, Op Force, etc.) Ignore me, I'm just oblivious. :negative:

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
:nws::nws::nws:Uhhhh:nws::nws::nws:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

There's a name for that condition, but I can't think of it right now.

Ah, KDS, or Ken Doll Situation.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNWJ1h0398Y

Kill the Monk.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

That one is dumb but it clued me in to the fact there are two mods adding transmog to MHW, which is a Good ThingTM. gently caress the layered armor system and how limited it is.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Kill the Monk.

Save the G-Min.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Brainamp posted:

Gave the mod a runthrough last night and I gotta echo (hah) those complaints. It was interesting that it pushed the horror aspect of headcrabs, like trying to make a black mesa version of ravenholm, but zombies are just such a non-threat in HL1. On the other hand, it decided to throw multiple alien grunts and vortigaunts at you when your only weapons were the pistol and a shotgun. There was also something of a plot with Eli Vance narration and a giant friendly alien that I did not understand.

Just really weird design choices. At least the times you interact with the security and science teams are fun.

I'm going to chime in with agreement. It's a pretty good fan mod, but the encounter design had me frustrated with the sheer amount of cheap shots the mod throws at you.
I think you're supposed to be playing Eli's wife, and the friendly alien is trying to protect you from the G-man I think? But failing. I was too busy wondering why they combined a hydrolisk with a penis to think more about it, to be honest.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The alien models used are actually I believe, ones included with the original half life, but not used except possibly in the background somewhere.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s01MH6P-ezs

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Maiden posted:

I was too busy wondering why they combined a hydrolisk with a penis to think more about it, to be honest.

OwlFancier posted:

The alien models used are actually I believe, ones included with the original half life, but not used except possibly in the background somewhere.

Oh, Mr. Friendly? Never used. Infamously was meant to basically try and rape Gordon to death.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Maiden posted:

I'm going to chime in with agreement. It's a pretty good fan mod, but the encounter design had me frustrated with the sheer amount of cheap shots the mod throws at you.
I think you're supposed to be playing Eli's wife, and the friendly alien is trying to protect you from the G-man I think? But failing. I was too busy wondering why they combined a hydrolisk with a penis to think more about it, to be honest.

You're just playing as some random dude, actually. The staff refers you as male a couple of times and Eli's wife is the pile of gibs in the closet at the end, as confirmed by the dev.

The two aliens used that weren't in the original Half-Life are Mr. Friendly (the horror movie trope creature) and the Kingpin, another cut enemy. Genitalia and orifices on weird aliens is also kind of a Half-Life thing that they mostly toned down for the final game, but definitely lives on in many of the cut enemies. So yeah, can't even blame the mod author for being weird - that's all Valve.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Things I did not expect to be redone in Doom engine ports: Serious Sam The First Encounter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XGbMGNRi7A

Missed oppourtunity in said mod is including a varient of the weapon from Serious Sam Advance that literally drops objects on the enemies when pushing a button.

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I havn't played HL2 in a while. What are some good single player mods for it? Main story compatibility would be nice but entirely new stuff is okay too.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Minerva metastasis is great

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

AGGGGH BEES posted:

I havn't played HL2 in a while. What are some good single player mods for it? Main story compatibility would be nice but entirely new stuff is okay too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq4G3pKvx4Q

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

AGGGGH BEES posted:

Hunt Down the Freeman is an absolute masterpiece.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

AGGGGH BEES posted:

I miss SMOD tactical, if it still works, it's loving great, all the guns are stupidly OP and killing combines with a PSP is endlessly amusing.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I think Tactical just adds CS:S guns to the game, it's regular SMOD, and SMOD redux that add all the more ridiculous weapons.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

SMOD tactical i think adds both, and bullet time?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Some of the custom maps are great. Strider Mountain was entertaining if unbalanced in a few spots.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

The SMOD thing is confusing because I think most of the versions were completely and utterly broken ever since the 2013 Steampipe update. I think they've probably gotten fixes since then, but I'm not sure. It's a real hassle since in some cases it's super unclear if a mod's been updated or not and a lot of cool mods haven't been and can't be played anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah Smod appears to be as dead as a doornail, or at least none of the stuff from moddb works. :(