Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

goferchan posted:

Holy poo poo just got Tiger Drop and I feel like I busted this game wide open lol

edit: how many chapters are in this, anyway? or generally how close to the end am I if I'm in Chapter 8? A few of the chapters have felt pretty short and I know the Y0 chapters also got real short near the end. I've heard this game isn't nearly as long as 0 which is honestly fine by me because I spent 80 hours on that one and I'm ready for that new-engine shine of Kiwami 2

There's 13 chapters in Kiwami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I did the postcards story with Majima and oh my God the realization at the end that Youda has been on his knees peeking around the corner the entire time is the loving best :allears:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Carlosologist posted:

I just got started with 0 a little while ago, and man Majima's Bat Fu is the best

Please report here after the end of chapter 4

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Playing YK2. First line of dialogue is Korean.

So is the mom. Interesting to see where this goes.

Edit: oh jeez, the method they use to get you caught up on the previous game’s story is tugging at my heart strings already

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 28, 2018

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

So good, I need it in my veins, but not until morning, I need to let me wife get in good sleep.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

This may be the fastest Zero to Kiryu has to unretire and fix everything in the series.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

projecthalaxy posted:

This may be the fastest Zero to Kiryu has to unretire and fix everything in the series.

Seriously you'd think he'd stop, every TIME he stops, the Tojo clan needs him again

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My favorite part of the game so far is that substory finder is available for purchase immediately and costs functionally nothing.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Digital pre order just unlocked. 10 minutes of cutscene, tutorial battle, 15 more minutes of cutscene, finally reached Kamurocho. That's the Yakuza I know and love. itshappening.gif

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I am very excited to play this but considering I still need to finish up Yakuza 6 soon I probably will wait until like December. It’ll keep. Like aged whiskey.

Watching the PC goons come in and go crazy over Zero has made me almost want to finally NG+ with Zero, too.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Already got lost five minutes into Kamurocho. Wandered into an office building and found a secret mahjong club for office workers on the fourth floor. Not available to play yet though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
My first game was technically 6 but I only got a few hours into it (around when Beat Takeshi's character was introduced?) and it never really hooked me. Finally picked up Zero like a couple weeks ago though and put like 80 hours into in an insanely small amount of real-life time and now I'm onto Kiwami and it's safe to say I'm insanely hooked. I do remember some things about the Y6 engine being really cool (like being able to bring fights inside of stores and poo poo) so i'm super excited for Kiwami 2

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

For people who sucks at mahjong but still want to do every side story in Kiwami 2, if you wait a while you'll get a cheat item that'll let you win the side quest mahjong game instantly, just to save anyone bashing their head against it for ages like I did.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Sakurazuka posted:

For people who sucks at mahjong but still want to do every side story in Kiwami 2, if you wait a while you'll get a cheat item that'll let you win the side quest mahjong game instantly, just to save anyone bashing their head against it for ages like I did.

Nevermind being good at it, I still don't understand the rules and at this point I'd have to watch tutorials on youtube about it or something

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
"You've always tried to punch your problems." -Daigo Dojima

if that isn't kiryu.txt I don't know what is

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Hey if it works why stop

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Wow, combat changed up a lot. Sad to see different styles go, but neat to have this charge up system.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The square button charge attack is insanely good, charges fast, has hyper armour, breaks guards, usually stuns them so you can follow it up with a free combo. You have to be careful against bosses fast enough to dodge it but that's the only downside.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So how do you get the preorder bonuses?

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Only 6 more hours of toiling in a datacenter until I am reunited with my best boi, my sweet Kiryu-chan 😍😍😍.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
loving hell this darts girls is a freaking shark

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Lol the effect of drinking too much is WAY better than previous games

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So is there any word on when Kiwami is going to release on steam, and if we'll get Kiwami 2?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I think I remember hearing Kiwami coming sometime this year but there's no word on Yakuza 6/Kiwami 2 coming out ever. Still might happen eventually but it's a whole new engine so it's a much bigger port job than Kiwami

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I need some help winning at Milky Nose. Anyone got tips? I tried matching my opponent and staying a little stronger, I stacked the deck by buying a bunch of sodas, I keep losing.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

So how do you get the preorder bonuses?

So the answer is at the home bases whenever the story takes you to them.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The new engine games are not confirmed for PC but I think 0 sold pretty well and Sega is like, a collection of PC devs these days so I would not be surprised to see them all come eventually. I might end up getting 6 on PC by the time I get around to it.

Also, Kiwami is really not as good as 0 is it.

I'm enjoying it, it's definitely worth playing, and I'm looking forward to where Kiwami 2 goes. But like, I just keep thinking of all the ways it is not 0, which I now think is better in retrospect than I gave it credit for. I'm not even having fun with the sidequests other than the Majima ones, and I stopped getting new Majima ones.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Huh, Kiryu can jump over the railings on the second story of a building to the street below!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think one of the first things I did in 6 was accidentally throw myself off the top of a six story building and get a trophy for it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Being able to step over railings in 6 was a goddamn revelation.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Haha - if you're playing as Majima during the Ultimate Battle fight on the boat, you can use the "throw someone over the rails" heat move to instantly win.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Steve Yun posted:

loving hell this darts girls is a freaking shark

I know right? Easy my rear end

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
really enjoying the new ragdolls in kiwami 2. a running kick to a dude on the floor and he flys around like ping pong.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Still not a big fan of all the very situational heat moves especially how many are dedicated to the ones you can only do around a specific person you helped in a sub story.
Also unlocking Komaki moves (and other learnable stuff) and then still having to spend exp to actually buy them sucks.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
So after the chapter 3 boss I have discovered, yo weapons are fuckin gross damage in Kiwami 2.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So after playing 0, beating 6 and then just starting up K2 last night I really wish the new engine had more over the top heat moves. Maybe K2 does I'm not too far in yet. Otherwise, I love everything about the new engine. Looks great, load times are a breeze and it's great to walk into a building straight from the street.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kiwami 2 so far has the same problems with heat moves as 6, I'm thinking someone decided the old combat system was too reliant on them and wanted them to be rarer or something. Or it could just be Sega being lazy.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Big ups to Amazon for letting me preorder Kiwami 2 a few weeks ago, while not reminding me that I did so back in March.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I finally went to the Grand to deal with the issue there at the start of Chapter 8. Having unlocked Majima's 4th Combat Style made that fight kinda hilarious.

Nishitani: Rarrrgh I'm crazy and have a knife and move weird!
Majima: Oh honey.... :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Jerusalem posted:

I finally went to the Grand to deal with the issue there at the start of Chapter 8. Having unlocked Majima's 4th Combat Style made that fight kinda hilarious.

Nishitani: Rarrrgh I'm crazy and have a knife and move weird!
Majima: Oh honey.... :allears:

Yeah, unlocking that style based on the Cabaret rather than anything to do with Nishitani was pretty dumb.