Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Capfalcon posted:

I've never seen this comic before and oh my why is it two hours later.
I'm glad something good came of my carelessness!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

loup what did you do to the website

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Wonder which 'missing' thing Ysengrin is talking about. Coyote gave Reynardine a little bit of his power too, if I remember correctly. The tooth might also count, but maybe not?

Rey always seemed to be the least unhinged of the three of them, wonder what would happen if Loup absorbed him too?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ysengrin might mean that something from the forest slipped into the court. Something bad.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Tupperwarez posted:

Wonder which 'missing' thing Ysengrin is talking about. Coyote gave Reynardine a little bit of his power too, if I remember correctly. The tooth might also count, but maybe not?

Rey always seemed to be the least unhinged of the three of them, wonder what would happen if Loup absorbed him too?

We'd end up with a well adjusted individual no doubt.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I stand by my original thought that since Reynard still has Coyote's mind-take-over power, he's eventually going to have to use it on Ysengrin, or now, Loup.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Both Ysengrin and Coyote thought poorly of Ysengrin and thought highly of Coyote, so it makes perfect sense that Loup would feel the same way.

Where they differ, though, he really does seem to have the worst qualities of both.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
He's Loup Y. Coyote, SUPER genius.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The more Loup talks, the more convinced I become that he's full of poo poo.

"Of course I could destroy the Court's barrier, just like I destroyed this fake barrier which I myself made"

"The forest is in disarray! I only need a couple seconds to fix it! Why haven't I done so? Well I just can't be bothered right now."

I am also convinced that Ys talking to Annie was another lie, and it was just Loup trying to trick her into staying in the forest.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Mikl posted:

The more Loup talks, the more convinced I become that he's full of poo poo.

"Of course I could destroy the Court's barrier, just like I destroyed this fake barrier which I myself made"

"The forest is in disarray! I only need a couple seconds to fix it! Why haven't I done so? Well I just can't be bothered right now."

I am also convinced that Ys talking to Annie was another lie, and it was just Loup trying to trick her into staying in the forest.

Well of course he wants her to stay in the forest, how else is he supposed to introduce her to his uncle who works for Nintendo? Sure, he's not here right now, but he'll be back!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Loup seems very much like someone who coveted what he thought was unlimited power for far too long, before realising upon getting it it's actually pretty limited.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Iceclaw posted:

Loup seems very much like someone who coveted what he thought was unlimited power for far too long, before realising upon getting it it's actually pretty limited.

I think Ysengrin is larger part of his being than he cares to admit, and has gone from "Coyote denigrating Ysengrin" to "protesting too much."

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
has the site been really erratic for anybody else the past few days, a lot of times it fails to load

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

dragon enthusiast posted:

has the site been really erratic for anybody else the past few days, a lot of times it fails to load

It's been working badly for me as well, I've gotten a few error messages trying to load it. I guess Loup's influence goes beyond the forest :v:

Also I can't imagine being zoomed like that is a particularly nice way to travel.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah it's not the site it's just that the zoom is that fast

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

It is really is Loup’s Warudo.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Egads! :monocle: I've never read Traveler! I shall rectify this immediately.

Also, oh no the forest is frozen.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Clearly what Loup has to do is integrate his psyche by resolving Ysengrin's unfinished business!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
why the long face, Annie

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
THE EYE...

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
THE EYE?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

THE EYE!

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Aug 28, 2018

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The mouth!

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

THE ...eyebrow.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Coyote is still playing the long con. Maybe everything is an attempt to see if he's smarter than himself.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh, oh dear.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Theory: the lake water is just ordinary lake water, but coyote made himself forget about it as a red herring to distract Loup. Maybe he also made himself forget about the tooth.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the lake water has the memory of the tooth

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
please end

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Tollymain posted:

the lake water has the memory of the tooth

The bone is the memory of the tooth. The lake water is just lake water, the significance of it is that Loup thinks it's what the memory is about.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

get the impression coyote's set up a prank on the new guy and is chortling in his grave

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Darth TNT posted:

Coyote is still playing the long con. Maybe everything is an attempt to see if he's smarter than himself.

Can Coyote play a prank so great that he even tricks himself?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Well, yes, already did when he pretended to be a lake.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fooling oneself is v easy though

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

The goose bone is from the story of Coyote forgetting he existed and being someone else (and coming back from that state). It's the parable of "I'm Coyote bitch I do what I want". Loup's gonna integrate the bone and remember that jk he's been Coyote the whole time.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I just noticed that Loup's ethereal form doesn't escape the boundaries of the panel the way Coyote's did. At least not all the time; it did in one panel a couple of pages ago.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
Ooo I was wondering if the bone and lake water would come up during this.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Have there been any story arcs where people didn't start posting this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

loving knew those bits would be important again.