Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Wang should take over some of what Egg did, and Jack should have some degree of disfigurement after getting jumped by the yeti.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Casimir Radon posted:

Wang should take over some of what Egg did, and Jack should have some degree of disfigurement after getting jumped by the yeti.

They have to get the original tank top from, uh, I think Robert Rodriguez owns it now for references to make an exact duplicate, and just put a huge rip in it where the yeti clawed at him but still have it be the only shirt Jack Burton's worn since the 80s.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

The best way to make a sequel to Big Trouble In Little China is have it be set exactly one year later and Jack Burton has a throwaway line about how he “got married for a little bit, got divorced for a little bit; it’s been a hell of a couple of months, Wang,” and nobody says poo poo otherwise about how everyone has aged.

You gotta keep it in the 80’s.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

If the first names secured for it aren't James Hong and Dennis Dun why even bother?

I remember whenever a sequel was brought up in the late 90s-ish it was to be titled Little Trouble in Big China with most of the action taking place in China itself.

With how scared movie titles are of using numbered sequels these days, I propose the name being Big Trouble in Little China: Little Trouble in Big China.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Detective No. 27 posted:

With how scared movie titles are of using numbered sequels these days, I propose the name being Big Trouble in Little China: Little Trouble in Big China.

But then the next one has to be Medium Trouble in Medium China.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Ghost Leviathan posted:

But then the next one has to be Medium Trouble in Medium China.

I'm down for a movie about talking to ghosts.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I always thought "Big Trouble in Hong Kong" would be a good sequel title.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I watched Big Trouble for the first time in the past year and honestly I feel like anyone trying make a franchise out of it is a loving coward. It's so unique and stands so well on its own that you're a loving moron if you think you could possible make a sequel to it.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Big Trouble in Little China is so good and has such an unusual sensibility it feels like it's from a different, better universe.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Really Big Trouble in Really Small China.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Big Trouble: Little China.

It's a sequel to the Tim Allen film.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

cptn_dr posted:

I'm down for a movie about talking to ghosts.

But then you couldn't show it in China

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Young Freud posted:

Also, Jack Burton was supposed to be a side character in the stillborn Buckaroo Banzai Vs. The World Crime League, so he was always supposed to be part of a cinematic universe.

Hong is something near 100 at this point, so I can understand if he's not getting the call. Of course, hes still acting at his advanced age so if both he and the film survives development hell, I'd gladly would love to see him again as a resurrected Lo Pan.

I saw him at at a convention and he was practically being propped up like a scarecrow

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
It's sad, that people get old.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
So yes put him in more movies in his twilight years

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
In the 1990s Peter David was hired to write a sequel which he titled More Trouble in Little China. Egg Shen would've been the only returning character. His screenplay was later adapted for TV but nothing ever came of it. You can read the TV script here (if you can stand the background):

https://web.archive.org/web/20110914060016/http://www.gaiaselene.com/Scripts/bigtrouble.htm

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Wish we could get a sequel scripted by Larry David.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
King David or bust.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Tars Tarkas posted:

Yeah, he looks amazing now, it would take 4 of him to fit into those giant jorts he used to wear! I also found out that famous tweet by him was written by his wife because Birth.Movies.Death (of all sites) tried to attack him for hating women because of it and his old Weinstein connections.

I could have sworn that, years ago, he said he made a bet with a friend that they each tweet the worst possible thing from each others’ accounts and leave them up.

Young Freud posted:

Also, Jack Burton was supposed to be a side character in the stillborn Buckaroo Banzai Vs. The World Crime League, so he was always supposed to be part of a cinematic universe.

Now I’m even more upset about not getting Buckaroo Banzai vs The World Crime League.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Medium Trouble in Medium China followed by Little Trouble in Big China.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Followed by No Trouble in Maximum China

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Would the prequel be Trouble in the Middle Kingdom?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Prepare For Trouble and Make It Double In Little China

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Nothing But Trouble In Nothing But China

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Escape From Big Trouble In Little China.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Start an international incident, call it Big Trouble in Little Taiwan.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Your Vice is a Little China, and Only I Have the Big Trouble

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Big Trouble In Little China v No Country For Old Men: Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Add a Swedish chemical engineer for Big Showdown in Little Tokyo.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

ynohtna posted:

Add a Swedish chemical engineer for Big Showdown in Little Tokyo.

“Like ol’ Jack Burton says... you’ve got the biggest dick I’ve ever seen on a man.”

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Like a Big Bull In a Little China Shop.

Or, alternatively, Luke a Little Bull In a Big China Shop.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Crouching Trouble Hidden China.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
The Assassination of Big Trouble by the Coward Little China

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Little Big Trouble China

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
If Little China Tires You, What Will Big Trouble Do?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Detective Trouble 2-3: Go To China Bastards!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Dr. Chinesetrouble; or, How I Learned to Stop Trucking and Love the Ancient Wizard

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
China Trouble

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Little China, or the 120 Days of Big Trouble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008