Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm really enjoying Okami and it's scratching that Zelda itch I've been having.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Over There posted:

I'm really enjoying Okami and it's scratching that Zelda itch I've been having.

it’s really beautiful, even running around feels enjoyable. it does start very slow which I noticed playing through it recently.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

that part owns because it's really fun and part of the whole "a tour of super mario odyssey, in one level" thing, but the whole time you're like "I don't want to have to go back to the start of the level, please don't let me fuckup" so you don't really appreciate it until you get to the end.

I swear that's the main reason it's challenging. As soon as I finally beat it I started going back to it and replaying it for kicks

If Odyssey ever gets DLC I really hope it includes like 30 more crazy challenge gauntlets as opposed to just like a new kingdom to mess around in. The ones in the Galaxy games + 3D World kept me occupied for loving ages

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got up to the fog section on my second try when I got home from work and then I died as soon as I captured a bird lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

i still have to finish tropical freeze. it's amazing how much having a new baby cuts into one's gaming time.

i cant see how. they dont even do anything.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

it's true - I tried to see if my lazy 13 day old son wanted to play tropical freeze and he chose Funky mode!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

it's true - I tried to see if my lazy 13 day old son wanted to play tropical freeze and he chose Funky mode!!

and which website does he write for?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Imp Zone has like 27 mods that frequent it, might not be a good idea to post about your young child on here.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

American McGay posted:

Imp Zone has like 27 mods that frequent it, might not be a good idea to post about your young child on here.

LOL!!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

and which website does he write for?
Five Reasons It's Time To Revisit Metroid: Other M

1. Mommy is awesome

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

American McGay posted:

Did you just say... :catstare: You have kid?? :siren: Let the buttraep commence!! :siren:

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

Yeah newborn time is sweet for gaming because you are often not really able to go out or whatever but they are just sleeping or eating so you can sit and game with them. In a few weeks it gets worse.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

Did you just say... :catstare: You have kid?? :siren: Let the buttraep commence!! :siren:

Lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Five Reasons It's Time To Revisit Metroid: Other M

1. Mommy is awesome

Ten Things You Might not Have Noticed About Majora's Mask's Milk Bar

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I beat Darker Side... once I got past the fog area I breezed through the rest in one go.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I beat Darker Side... once I got past the fog area I breezed through the rest in one go.

excellent. did you get all 900 moons?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The rest is probably just really easy but this was still a godlike feeling

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The rest is probably just really easy but this was still a godlike feeling

I think the rest of it is easier than the preceding sections, but I was super nervous of loving up and dying

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i finally got past the first world on Tropical Freeze. i end up playing each level like 3-4 times trying to find all the puzzle pieces. the bonus level you get for finding all the KONG letters was cool, feels very DCK2. it's a really good platformer, i hope they keep making these.

the switch controllers are a lot easier to hold than most video game controllers while holding a baby, nintendo is really looking out for us gamer dads.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The puzzle pieces are A LOT more difficult in TF as opposed to Returns. At first I was kinda annoyed by it, since a lot of them seem to be tied to random banana collection, but the levels/music/graphics are so amazing that I don't really feel bad revisiting them. The silhouette levels are some of my favorite ever.

Also the K levels seem to be kicked up a notch too, which I really liked.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1034094600330326016

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/nawafuji/status/1033899748619505665

I can't wait to suck up ghosts in Luigi's Mansion AR on my Nintendo Labo

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Man those steel case things are ugly as hell.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Wtf it’s after midnight in most of the US and I still can’t start MHGU.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I thought that steel case was a Switch skin

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

how about that nindies direct today eh

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I want that cat game

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

how about that nindies direct today eh

Goose game looked cool

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Over There posted:

Goose game looked cool

I was just gonna come to post this lol

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Into the breach on Switch hell yea

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

The iconic Nintendo switch clack sound

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

have you ever tried unlocking the switch by mashing ZR. try it sometime ... and listen well.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

nobody's talking about ninty's hot new RPG app, to be announced at a special direct tonight? ffs

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Nostradingus posted:

nobody's talking about ninty's hot new RPG app, to be announced at a special direct tonight? ffs

did you watch their nindie direct yesterday

they posted a dragon marked for death trailer afterwards and i want it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppeaIi-otzo

the only other game in there that interested me that wasnt a port was a 3 second clip of "the messenger" because it looked like ninja gaiden and i guess that comes out tomorrow even tho i never heard of it and the trailer made it less appealing so thats good marketing by top indie publisher Devolver Digital maybe they shoulda mentioned it at their e3 show but that was busy being wacky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWbIbjsa490

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

the only other game in there that interested me that wasnt a port was a 3 second clip of "the messenger" because it looked like ninja gaiden and i guess that comes out tomorrow even tho i never heard of it and the trailer made it less appealing so thats good marketing by top indie publisher Devolver Digital maybe they shoulda mentioned it at their e3 show but that was busy being wacky

messenger looks awesome

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

elf help book posted:

did you watch their nindie direct yesterday

they posted a dragon marked for death trailer afterwards and i want it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppeaIi-otzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWbIbjsa490

Cool, I didn't see Dragon MFD yesterday. Inti Creates is good people. The goose game looks funny. I'll get it if there's a dedicated honk button

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

theres an older goose game trailer thats even funnier, thatll be cool too

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Dragon Marked For Death looks sick as hell, I have a big soft spot for the GBA aesthetic. Also there's a Japanese trailer out for the mobile game showing some gameplay, I'm sure it's a gacha thing but it's some kind of action RPG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pydURe7DEXU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

messenger looks awesome
Welp, pack it up boys...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

nintendos twitter kindly includes a hashtag for any game they talk about so i can easily mute all f2p phone garbage while still receiving funny pictures of wario