Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I saw this post and the whole time I was thinking "no you didn't". It doesn't even make sense. She saved herself because she held her keys in her hand and this enabled her to knee the guy in the balls to get away? What?

He later went on to clarify that he made a specially sharpened set of keys for her to do the wolverine hand key punch people who have never been in a fight think works. Just stop, you're making it look worse. But I'm sure soon a ton of people will be sucking him off virtually and thanking him for saving the poor defenseless Female.

This reads like a polite way of saying he became their pimp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

from twitter. At least they remembered to fold the fake letter.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Lol I can’t believe people still make those

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
I'm enjoying the deeply personalised letter addressed to "Applicant". Also, the bit at the end suggesting Liberal Arts courses shows that the author has no idea what the gently caress they are talking about, since that just... isn't really a thing here. (Having looked it up, there are places offering Liberal Arts degrees in the UK but if you asked anyone about it you'd get at best a "Huh?")

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
A Liberal Arts degree in English might help the person who made that fix their grammar errors,

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I thought the post script comes after the valediction

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Hoshi posted:

I thought the post script comes after the valediction

The p stands for "pre" in this case

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

https://twitter.com/pidgers28/status/1033619284130455552?s=21

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/euflagmafia/status/1033394718166708225?s=21

They keep on about that poo poo in the replies, ugh

e: at least it gave us gems like this:
https://twitter.com/sportive_tricks/status/1033790157865054208?s=21

System Metternich has a new favorite as of 06:13 on Aug 28, 2018

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Just gave my name as "methodological individualism" in Starbucks. As the (Hegelian) barista screamed out my "name" repeatedly, the whole place erupted in to applause. Result. Try it.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Ah, so that's why I've been getting a bunch of dumb Starbucks name joke tweets lately. Always strange when you miss out on the reference, but glad I didn't bother going looking for it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

uvar posted:

Ah, so that's why I've been getting a bunch of dumb Starbucks name joke tweets lately. Always strange when you miss out on the reference, but glad I didn't bother going looking for it.

I gave my name as dumb starbucks name joke and no-one bothered shouting it out! Result, try it!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/thunt59/status/1029530308713033728?s=19

I'm the person who keeps the same phone for five years

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
While it's very much stdh it's quite easy to have a gCal event carry over from phone to phone.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I have definitely been using Google calendar for more than 5 years, and my partner is still using her iPhone 5 from 2012.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I've had my phone for at least 4 years now and will probably have it for more unless I find a specific reason to upgrade.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

As others have said, 5 years is reasonable for a phone. I'm only starting to look at changing mine at the 5 year point.

That said, a 20 year plan is pretty crazy.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

My friend had the same flip phone from 2008 to 2016

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
At least you're posting in right thread. Goons having friends is stdh.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Must just be me then. I lose, damage or otherwise upgrade my phone every 18 months or so.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Also you can sync calendars between phones when you switch?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Has there ever been a "my kid said X" tweet that really happened?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

bike tory posted:

I guess that's possible, if punched up for Twitter. I put a View-Master reel in the VCR once because I wanted to look at it on the TV.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I definitely tried to put lunchmeat in a view master when I was a kid, but i didnt have a thought out reason for it. I was just like "yo this is round" and went for it

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

bike tory posted:

I can honestly believe that one except it's about five years off :v:

What five year old deals with physical media in 2018? Everyone just gives their kids tablets and streaming services or if they're really ritzy, digital copies of stuff.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
I mean, I have a six-year-old who's basically the Wikipedia article for ADHD and that's exactly the kind of poo poo that comes out of his brain, I could see it (except yeah, who has physical media anymore)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Some ten years ago one January I penned in "YEARLY SHOWER" in my sister's work calendar at just before Christmas welp that's my calendar prank story and also :lol: who the gently caress doesn't use Outlook calendar anyway in loving 2018 it's not tied to your loving phone :laffo:

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

ishikabibble posted:

I can honestly believe that one except it's about five years off :v:

What five year old deals with physical media in 2018? Everyone just gives their kids tablets and streaming services or if they're really ritzy, digital copies of stuff.

It's a repost, so it may well be five years old.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Some ten years ago one January I penned in "YEARLY SHOWER" in my sister's work calendar at just before Christmas welp that's my calendar prank story and also :lol: who the gently caress doesn't use Outlook calendar anyway in loving 2018 it's not tied to your loving phone :laffo:

Presumably people who don't have Outlook.

But who doesn't have some form of cloud based calendar? Like you have an Android device? Congrats you have Google calendar. Everything is there now.

I assume iOS has a similar thing but that's a good smart design decision so it probably doesn't

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I prefer to forget that I have responsibilities and obligations so me using a calendar app is stdh.txt.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

sebmojo posted:

I gave my name as dumb starbucks name joke and no-one bothered shouting it out! Result, try it!

One time I gave my name as "Frodo" because I thought it would make my girlfriend laugh and I felt like a huge dork doing it and then she went to the bathroom before they called me and also we broke up like 3 months later. Result, try it!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

bike tory posted:

I have definitely been using Google calendar for more than 5 years, and my partner is still using her iPhone 5 from 2012.

Up until a couple weeks ago I was using a phone from 2010

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Punching somebody with your keys in your fist seems like a great way to lose your drat keys.

Why not just carry around a baseball bat engraved with your name, address, phone and social security numbers.

Its also a really good way to gently caress up your hand

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Jerry Cotton posted:

I just got this joke. I was thinking "oh, like a baby shower" and now I realize that wasn't what you meant at all.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
This dude's entire account is STDH_with_my_kids.txt
https://twitter.com/XplodingUnicorn?s=09

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

Yeah this dude has turned stdh into a book and a career

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

bike tory posted:

Yeah this dude has turned stdh into a book and a career

As soon as they turn 18 his kids should sue the poo poo out of him for profiting off their material.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zipperelli. posted:

Wow those are some lazy MSpaint comics.

Like if you're gonna half-rear end it that bad turn it into a fake text conversation instead? Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Dentist offices, well known for having on site security.