Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Awesome! posted:

its more like 1/3 isnt it?

still going to be viable either way

yeah, people were purposefully sacrificing damage for ehp anyways

level as caustic arrow -> swap to ele hit sounds fun to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

PoB has been updated with some of the changes.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Path of Building has a somewhat updated tree now.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Awesome! posted:

its fine

you are a gladiator right?
Yeah looks like spell block is dead for non-gladiators.

There's 23% Spell Block spread across the entire tree. Stone of Lazwhar +15, Rathpith +18, Rainbowstride +7 = 63 Spell Block. And that's just on the Spell Block side, you need even more drat points for the regular block.

I am not happy about this since it already required shitloads of investment and gave up clearspeed for that.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 29, 2018

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Awesome! posted:

its more like 1/3 isnt it?

still going to be viable either way

If the penalty is always on, and you're doing full fire conversion with a cotb, you're doing 50% less cold to fire damage, 75% less lightning to cold to fire, and 50% less direct lightning to fire. So instead of 2.9x damage you're getting 1.85x damage. 36% less damage. People will probably drop the cotb since it's getting a double penalty.
If it only triggers when it blocks an element, then... well, I'm not sure how to calculate that, but the penalty is definitely less.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I think you will probably not care about the trap throw speed change in any situation besides pure boss DPS because I did not really feel it when I dropped like 12% trap throw speed from my tree on my trapper.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Looks like PP Arc/BL is still on the menu, boys. :banjo:

I'm excited for the new patch! I had fun returning for Incursions and delves seems much more meaty.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Not sure why people are acting like Shimmeron got dumpstered, like Vasudas said at 6 power charges and capped res you're taking just under 300/s damage, which is 5% life regen on a character with 6k life, if you're a saboteur then that's incredibly easy to mitigate, and otherwise 5% is well within attainable for most builds. Dual-wielding will be tougher but still. I look forward to buying mine for 1 alch.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
Without Shimmeron, I'm thinking I'll level as Arc totems but may switch to Glacial Cascade totems at some point for endgame.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

wasnt detonate mines supposed to be instant? i just noticed its not in the notes

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wouldn't run arc this league even if shimmeron weren't nerfed, I'm sick of it.

I'm thinking of making a poo poo spewing pathfinder or necro zombie/skelly summoner anything to get away from arc

Im salivating look at all those minion damage nodes all close together in the witch/templar starting zones. As well as lots of mana/recovery, it'll be way easier to level as pure minions early on.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 29, 2018

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

Awesome! posted:

i dunno i usually dont get my builds from rmt sites

What is an RMT site?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Turd Herder posted:

What is an RMT site?

Real Money Trade

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Hopeshredder now deals 200 Cold damage per second per Frenzy charge (down from 400). It now also has 15-25% increased Attack Speed. Using a Divine Orb on an existing copy of this item will update that item with both of these changes.

This actually seems disgusting. It halves the cold damage you take, making it easier to deal with the degen, and a 25% attack speed increase is massive. I think I might have to give this a shot this league.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
I need an invite back into the guild, please. Character name is Tykero.

Kavaar
Apr 13, 2005
I could also use an invite back in to the guild, character name Kavaar. Thanks!

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
OK, here's a rough skill tree I planned out for my Guardian Dominating Blow Pokemaster: https://pastebin.com/4m8gQJcm

I've always stayed away from pet classes, so I have no idea what I'm aiming for.

Any suggestions regarding tree/path adjustments or certain pieces of gear I should look to incorporate?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Hopefully the guys from this version of dominating blow are a little quicker than they used to be. I tried it in Incursion but while I could easily amass 50+ minions, only 7 or so would actually get to attack anything.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I have also made a rough build for my Caustic Arrow Pathfinder: https://pastebin.com/D49Jtsjf

I really have no idea how to make a build (other than "damage is good, life is good"), so any advice would be appreciated.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Awesome! posted:

wasnt detonate mines supposed to be instant? i just noticed its not in the notes

Presumably because it's only instant when you pick up the Volatile Mines node

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Clarste posted:

I have also made a rough build for my Caustic Arrow Pathfinder: https://pastebin.com/D49Jtsjf

I really have no idea how to make a build (other than "damage is good, life is good"), so any advice would be appreciated.

Way too little life and no jewel sockets. Not sure if vaal pact is going to give you enough sustain even with CA giving a much better hit than before.

Point total is a little high, but much more life and 3 jewels. https://pastebin.com/96s0VGXP

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Bugsy posted:

Way too little life and no jewel sockets. Not sure if vaal pact is going to give you enough sustain even with CA giving a much better hit than before.

Point total is a little high, but much more life and 3 jewels. https://pastebin.com/96s0VGXP

Well, good thing I asked then! As a newbie it's a little tempting to just search for all the damage related stuff and shoot for that.

But with that in mind, wouldn't it be a better idea to start with Evasion+Life nodes coming out of ranger, instead of the Projectile Damage nodes? Frankly those are pretty weak.

Edit: Like this, maybe? https://pastebin.com/v6Fs077Z

I prioritized chance to poison a little more than DoT damage, since Path of Building says that's worth more.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Aug 29, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol yeah 96% life is definitely a new player's tree. see that all the time

Clarste posted:

But with that in mind, wouldn't it be a better idea to start with Evasion+Life nodes coming out of ranger, instead of the Projectile Damage nodes? Frankly those are pretty weak.

yeah this seem good. thats 195% life with that change. really good for a ranger.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Clarste posted:

Well, good thing I asked then! As a newbie it's a little tempting to just search for all the damage related stuff and shoot for that.

Edit: Like this, maybe? https://pastebin.com/v6Fs077Z

I prioritized chance to poison a little more than DoT damage, since Path of Building says that's worth more.

The build is listing total dps at like 30k which is not realistic for a functional build. I wouldn't compare damage nodes too much aside from ones which are obviously better, since the version of caustic arrow currently on PoB isn't scaling with your bow's physical damage.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

20% chaos res, 20% chaos damage, 4% reduced reserve, 20% aura effect, 20% trap damage, 10% mana

bunch of trap/proj damage, 10% dodge, some poison nonsense

18% allres, 20% duration, 34% melee phys, 40% totem duration, 15% totem placement, 5% attacktotem, 3%cast totem,4% block chance
seems decent for some sort of totem build

20% duration, 28% aoe, 24% melee phys, 5% curse effect, 9% cast speed, .3% regen, 24% mana

45% multi, 8% life, 10 life on kill, 26% spell damage, 3% attacks speed, 9% cast speed, 9% movespeed

42% twohand phys, 5% mana, 3% reduced mana cost, 24% totem damage, 5% totem attack speed, 10% totem life, 10% totem phys mitigation

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Those Scion ones would be slightly better coming in from Harrier (or Sentinel, whatever) if you're planning a build which paths that way.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Did they just significantly buff Inpulsas? This is worded like the Scourge claw which turns all minion damage into global damage which would affect Inpulsa lightning explosions. With Delve infinite scaling of monster HP, that would mean some crazy damage

Combine that with this jewel spot:

TheRat posted:

20% duration, 28% aoe, 24% melee phys, 5% curse effect, 9% cast speed, .3% regen, 24% mana

Elementalist Inpulsa BV just got a whole lot stronger

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

yum posted:

Elementalist Inpulsa BV just got a whole lot stronger

Would you really give up the 25% duration on a BV char though? A lot of the spots that look good at first glance, are pretty bad when you consider what you have to give up.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

TheRat posted:

Would you really give up the 25% duration on a BV char though? A lot of the spots that look good at first glance, are pretty bad when you consider what you have to give up.

Oh, I keep misreading that jewel, you're right.

According to PoB, 20% duration vs 45% duration for a level 20 blade vortex is 6 seconds vs 7.25 seconds. That's a 1 second difference? I forget whether PoE rounds up or down for decimals in the case of duration. If it rounds down then it wouldn't be that bad but if it's a two second difference then it'll be pretty noticeable.

Then I guess that slot isn't useful since you shouldn't be lacking damage as BV and that 1 second duration is way better for mapping speed and QoL. Maybe for harder content, like Delves or bosses?

yum fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Aug 29, 2018

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
There's no rounding I think

Osci
Oct 11, 2016
The one that seems the most interesting is the top right scion one, mostly because the life, multi and attack/cast speed is just good without restricting you to something wierd. You also don't lose out on any amazing notables.
I first thought the spot near acrobatics seemed pretty nice as it also gives 1 pierce. It is pretty awkward that it competes with lioneye's fall, and that it pretty much locks out phase acro.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Top right scion definitely looks the best. Between marauder and templar looks pretty good for a 2h warchief build. Below scion looks pretty good for a facebreaker warchief build.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.
I'm a bit conflicted, 2 leagues ago I did a Slayer Ngamahu Cyclone Build, and it was really good starter and up to T15s and farming currency for next build. But I'm wondering how this will work in Delve as it doesn't kill anything offscreen and you'd have to go into the dark with it. Whereas Arc Totems would be able to kill poo poo all over.

What are people considering as league starters?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Arc totes

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I'm all aboard the poison archer pathfinder :bandwagon:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I can't find any recent totem witch builds, is witch just plain bad for totes?

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Truga posted:

I can't find any recent totem witch builds, is witch just plain bad for totes?
Hierophant is Mr. spell totem now. You'll find plenty for that.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Hierophant&skill=Arc

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Real Money Trade

Oh son of a bitch. Ok i'll stick to popular streamers builds.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Trying to plot out a CA pathfinder that also invests in poison and I'm really not sure what bow would be best here. Maybe death's opus for the big crit multi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

Turd Herder posted:

Oh son of a bitch. Ok i'll stick to popular streamers builds.

Streamers / youtubers can provide a good set of build guides, but IMO the best place to find written build guides is the pathofexile.com forums. The classes / builds section is segregated by base class and can be filtered by ascendancy.

Obvious not all builds here are good, but most people update their build guides for the new leagues and you can generally trust anything with more than a few pages of comments (or at least look through some comments to see how many people trash it).