Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sillyloquy
Dec 4, 2008
A ton of volunteers. I bet Beto will get his pop-up offices. Releasing the campaign plan so publicly is the kind of stuff that draws volunteers into doing it. I think it's an exciting way to organize, and a good look at the talk-to-everyone strategy at any rate. Plus he has money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
How is Lyin Ted taking the one percent difference?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Crowsbeak posted:

How is Lyin Ted taking the one percent difference?

By ensuring the voters of Texas know that he stands for the anthem at the oblong sports all game which he totally is a big fan of.

Thursday Night Light towers were defining for his upbringing

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lyin Ted to make a campaign appearance at the A&M home opener, will talk about the magic of stepping onto the football lawn

e: football course

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Aug 29, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TexasGOP/status/1034591481892405249

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

LOL, what is this the 1990s?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1034803256466309120

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1034804966395928576

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

He looks like Mac from Always Sunny.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
He's cultivating votes

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
https://mobile.twitter.com/TexasGOP/status/1034580157707759621

Fuckin got him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Rschooley/status/1034809662812479490

e: lol
https://twitter.com/eramshaw/status/1034814070191546368

quote:

While the paucity of Cruz signs does not appear to reflect a lack of enthusiasm on the Republican side of the race, the decision has nonetheless begun to have a psychological impact in some communities, energizing O'Rourke backers and, at the very least, unnerving some Cruz voters.

The topic has come up repeatedly at Republican gatherings in recent weeks. On a telephone town hall Cruz held with supporters earlier this month, one caller introduced himself as an Uber driver from Keller who said he travels "all over the Mid-Cities and Tarrant County and whatnot, and Beto signs are everywhere." The man told Cruz he has "not seen one sign for you other than the one that's on my back patio." He asked whether the lack of signs was due to the Cruz campaign taking Republican-leaning Tarrant County for granted, or whether the campaign simply lacked the money to offer its supporters signs.

Yard signs are good to me now

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 29, 2018

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
https://twitter.com/TherealCharvey/status/1034598583922765831?s=20

Lol

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
yard signs dont vote. but i am seeing a lot of them in lawns that are not regular voting households. maybe there is a there there. find out next time on dragonball z

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

Lyin Ted to make a campaign appearance at the A&M home opener, will talk about the magic of stepping onto the football lawn

e: football course

lol of course he is. And he's going to make a big show of standing during the anthem and whatnot. And it's the only place he won't be booed because for some dumb reason Ags insist on hissing to show disapproval.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They're mimicking the sound of sawing Bevos horns off

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is Beto not taking the debate offer?

Cruz is all hat no cattle on the debates. Why dodge a guy who got pushed around by Donald Trump?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Because Cruz doesn't get to unilaterally decide the debate schedule and locations. Beto's trying to get at least two in spanish, too.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

They're mimicking the sound of sawing Bevos horns off

Is that what it actually is? I'm a "2%'er" and know nothing about the traditions of the school I both attended as a student and where I currently work.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Is Beto not taking the debate offer?

Cruz is all hat no cattle on the debates. Why dodge a guy who got pushed around by Donald Trump?

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/08/27/beto-orourke-ted-cruz-debate-friday-texas/

ReidRansom posted:

Is that what it actually is? I'm a "2%'er" and know nothing about the traditions of the school I both attended as a student and where I currently work.

Yeah they push their palms together and make a back and forth sawing motion as well. Also they DON'T CARE ABOUT UT ANYMORE OK

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

That is real dumb. This is often a very embarrassing place to be associated with. I keep hoping it will change, and it doesn't. Oh well, I have a cool job.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hmm upon further research

quote:

Rather than "booing", Aggies "hiss" to express disapproval. Aggies are not supposed to boo as a "sign of class", and are not supposed to hiss a fellow Ag.[5][9][11] Hissing is a part of a yell called a horse laugh, and usually is accompanied with a hand signal that consists of one's fingers open and palms clasped together, shaken backward and forward.[18]
vs

quote:

After the second verse is sung twice, Aggie fans link their arms and legs, and sway left and right to replicate the motion of a saw blade; this is called "sawing Varsity's horns off" (before the Texas football team adopting the Longhorn as the official mascot, the team was simply known as "Varsity"). When this happens during football games at Kyle Field, this causes the entire west upper deck, including the press box, to sway. This often unnerves sportswriters who haven't covered an Aggie game before
I've been to a lot of games at Kyle Field and it is insanely cool looking.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
A&M is a cult that has ritualized every part of existence there and I am grateful every day for deciding at the last second to not go there.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Yeah the second thing there is cool, though I don't think it sways anymore since the rebuild.

But hissing is dumb. Just boo and yell gently caress off like a normal person.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

quote:

In April, O'Rourke's campaign kicked off the debate negotiations by proposing six debates, including two in Spanish.

Sí, hazlo!

zoux posted:

Hmm upon further research

Hiss is way lower-class than booing. It's like feral.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Hissing is lower class? I thought it was a bourgie thing.

Working joes boo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2R01k4SXI

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I was saying Boo-urgie.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I'm gonna boo Ted if they put him on the screen tomorrow.
I'll be in the student section so this may be my last post

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i just made up that hes going to an a&m game because i wanted to make a basketball ring joke. i dunno if he would do it. but putting lyin ted on the screen to assholishly say "please stand for the anthem :smug:" like the smarmy gently caress he is would be a very aggie thing to do.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

a live mic picks up lyin ted interspersing words to o canada in the anthem

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
They do that stupid saw the horns thing off at their own graduations, and I always find it incredibly sad that A&M is so obsessed with UT that they would be doing that poo poo at their graduations. They're like a spurned lover

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Texas Fight. Texas Fight. And it's goodbye to....(finish this line)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

aggies were ahead of the curve vis a vis other conservatives in making their entire raison d'etre triggering the libs

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TexasGOP/status/1034843827088093184

Gah it is we whomst are owned

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
What the hell do they have against the word 'rad'?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is there anyone who still uses the word "rad"?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Man it’s like the Texas GOP hasn’t had to run an actual senate campaign in awhile and are caught with their pants down a lot.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

PostNouveau posted:

Yes, I started using it ironically but it slipped into unironic use.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sardonik posted:

Yes, I started using it ironically but it slipped into unironic use.

That's pretty gnarly dude

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

aggies were ahead of the curve vis a vis other conservatives in making their entire raison d'etre triggering the libs

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

PostNouveau posted: