Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

cytoc posted:

Streamers / youtubers can provide a good set of build guides, but IMO the best place to find written build guides is the pathofexile.com forums. The classes / builds section is segregated by base class and can be filtered by ascendancy.

Obvious not all builds here are good, but most people update their build guides for the new leagues and you can generally trust anything with more than a few pages of comments (or at least look through some comments to see how many people trash it).

Then there's http://timtips.com/buildbrowser/#/list which basically sorts all the forum threads by skill/items/class and lets you pick what you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001
Making a Melee/Minion Hybrid is harder than it looks.

I can't really add skills yet, since POB is not updated, but I am thinking a dominating blow build with chance to bleed using that new fated great mallet. I will use the new herald of purity as well.

Thinking minion life is not a huge deal for this build, since they should cycle through so often, but I fit 185% life on the tree for me. Anyway, how does this look to start?

https://pastebin.com/CXg1cnFm

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

cytoc posted:

Streamers / youtubers can provide a good set of build guides, but IMO the best place to find written build guides is the pathofexile.com forums. The classes / builds section is segregated by base class and can be filtered by ascendancy.

Obvious not all builds here are good, but most people update their build guides for the new leagues and you can generally trust anything with more than a few pages of comments (or at least look through some comments to see how many people trash it).

I will try that thanks.

On a side note I also found a Mathil build in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGpbmM4TrME

At the bottom he has paste bin links for each build. I installed paste bin but I've never used the extension. What am I suppose to do with the code?

nerox
May 20, 2001

Turd Herder posted:

At the bottom he has paste bin links for each build. I installed paste bin but I've never used the extension. What am I suppose to do with the code?

Download path of building and import them there. https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

nerox posted:

Download path of building and import them there. https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases

Note that as of last night, the latest version of PoB seemed to be broken for old pastebin links, it imports a blank tree.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

Valle posted:

Then there's http://timtips.com/buildbrowser/#/list which basically sorts all the forum threads by skill/items/class and lets you pick what you want.

That's brilliant, I've never used this tool before. Usually if I'm looking for inspiration for a specific skill / item I filter through poe.ninja builds and see how other have done it, but being able to quickly access full build guides by filtering here would really help with understanding the why of the decisions that have been made.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've mentioned it before but if you're ever looking at poe.ninja builds, stick to people around 90-92. Anything beyond like, level 95 and it becomes mostly people with mirror-tier gear, IIQ gear, and headhunters.

At level 90 your build should be able to do everything in the game if you so choose to.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

UPDATE: I've decided to do ehit. Thanks for supporting me and my family during this difficult and challenging time.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Always wanted to try a pure summoner and the tree changes seem to make this the right time. Though it's also competing with going back to flicker right now.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I always get bored doing summoners but they really want people to do it this league, it seems.

Arc totems are still probably the best starter but I did those in flashback.

I have no idea what to start with.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm going to have to run the numbers later but I'm going to try to use that minion damage hub they just added to stay on the left side of the tree and center-ish for a CA Occultist. There might be enough damage there to make it viable.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

MMF Freeway posted:

Trying to plot out a CA pathfinder that also invests in poison and I'm really not sure what bow would be best here. Maybe death's opus for the big crit multi?

I like that PoB lets you sort weapons/gloves/helm etc sorted by DPS based off your current tree and gem layout.

I dislike that it favors physical damage over poison damage though.

Ie, +200 Dps with 50 poison vs 100 dps with 300 poison

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I feel like I have to roll SRS this league to justify buying that bee MTX and its bumming me out

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I've decided to be my usual dumb self and do the melee witch. I think I'm set on molten strike occultist, but since I'm new and this game is complicated here's a couple questions:

Dual wielding apparently increases the speed at which I can spam attack skills. I think I want to use a shield since there's a lot of energy shield to be had on there, but since claws have life drain on them using two of those might be better? I only managed to get to level 36 with my test char and she never died as long as I kept swinging with two claws, but level 36 is still noob zones so :shrug:

Chaos Inoculation is probably a bitch to build right? Especially at league start?

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

I have not played since the fall of oriath xpac what would be a good leveling build? I lack the iq needed to understand how to buy or sell things so preferably nothing with specific uniques.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
OK, I made some tweaks to my Guardian Pokemaster build: https://pastebin.com/LgaPDMBL

I figured it was a good idea to travel down the middle of the tree, as it opens up some other possibilities like increased skill duration, and I can get another cluster of minion steroid skills. I also still have open MoM, if I want to go in that direction.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

How does your own personal damage affect minion damage? Is minion damage only affected by your minion damage nodes and gear? Like that node that says minion damage now affects your own damage, that wont make my SRS hit harder in some sort of double dipping right?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

EQ got buffed so I will prob do Jebquake, but I might try chieftan this time and do full fire conversion.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Inverse posted:

I have not played since the fall of oriath xpac what would be a good leveling build? I lack the iq needed to understand how to buy or sell things so preferably nothing with specific uniques.

For anyone else, uniques are really easy

http://www.pathofexile.com/trade

Go to that link, choose the right league (Delve once the league is up on Friday)

Type the name of the unique you want in the search box, it'll autocomplete unique names if you start typing one.

Hit search - by default, it will list them in cheapest first. Also by default it will be 'online only' - so you only see listings for folks who are on right now.

Click Whisper next to one of the listings if you like the price, this puts a custom-generated message for the seller onto your computer clipboard - then go into the game and paste (ctrl-v) into a message and send it.

Wait a few seconds to see if they accept. If not, go back to search and copy another Whisper for another listing, repeat 4-5 times and wait a few seconds, then continue on. It's not so bad once you get used to it. Early on in the league you will get better response rates and won't have to spam much.

Once someone invites you, accept the invitation and then right click their portrait, and Visit Hideout - this warps you to their hideout, then right click their portrait and trade and put your Chaos or whatever in the trade window. You have to mouse over the item you're buying to verify it before you can accept.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

How does your own personal damage affect minion damage? Is minion damage only affected by your minion damage nodes and gear? Like that node that says minion damage now affects your own damage, that wont make my SRS hit harder in some sort of double dipping right?
Your own damage does not affect the damage your minions do. The new node, and the Scourge, make increases to minion damage apply to you, but not vice versa.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Yeah, definitely learn how to do trades. I would suggest not using poe.trade any more either, and sticking to the official site. I like the interface of poe.trade more than the official site, but it was a real shitshow last league, constantly delaying updates.

I just wished there was a way to avoid getting spammed for an hour on items. I am not talking about underpriced items either, but high volume things like tabulas. Post a tabula for 1c over the current average selling price? You get no whispers. Post it at the selling price? You get whispers for hours and need to go /dnd to avoid madness.

I hate selling tabulas. I'll either do it right before I want to log off, or just give them to friends who can use them.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Is there anything that's particularly effective alongside iiq gear or do people generally just throw it in on whatever and compensate with slightly better rares? I'd like to try actually farming this time around, maybe fund some fancier builds later on.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

You can go all out and make a windripper build, then farm shaped burial chambers until you hate life. Poe.ninja has 7% of players doing just that. It is about as magic findy as magic find gets. It is pretty expensive to get started though.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?item=Windripper

For easyish MF on the cheap, at least wear a sadima's and bisco's leash.

I will probably start with lab running for cash, but I am worried about the further dilution of the helmet enchant pool. A bunch of new enchants this league which will probably be of middling value.

J
Jun 10, 2001

This thread has a whole bunch of tips and tricks for minion builds.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Buying tabulas on the other hand is real easy because you just message someone listing for 1c over the lowest price and get an immediate response back

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9abalz/here_are_two_new_fated_uniques_coming_in_delve/

So... here's probably my hammer. In the reddit thread they're talking about holy relics, but I don't understand the mechanics of how this would be beneficial beyond an Elreon encounter.. Is it regarding some new skill that I'm missing?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I should get a 4x size dumptab and put all the rares I find to sell full rare suits. I made most of my chaos' doing that.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Dahbadu posted:

So... here's probably my hammer. In the reddit thread they're talking about holy relics, but I don't understand the mechanics of how this would be beneficial beyond an Elreon encounter.. Is it regarding some new skill that I'm missing?

quote:

Added a new Intelligence/Strength Skill Gem - Summon Holy Relic: Summon a Holy Relic that stays near you. When you hit an enemy with an attack, the Holy Relic triggers a nova spell, with a very short cooldown, that deals physical damage to enemies and grants life regeneration to allies. This life regeneration is more effective to your minions.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What would links be on dominating blow for this hybrid guardian.

Ancestral call, melee splash and then physical supports ?

euphronius fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 29, 2018

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

euphronius posted:

What would links be on dominating blow for this hybrid guardian.

Ancestral call, melee splash and then physical supports ?

I'll probably slot it in the Chaber hammer pictured above. Definitely Ancestral call. Probably multi-strike and faster attacks, because I want to attack hella fast to generate charges and summon dudes.

I don't think I'll run splash.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Filthy Monkey posted:

You can go all out and make a windripper build, then farm shaped burial chambers until you hate life. Poe.ninja has 7% of players doing just that. It is about as magic findy as magic find gets. It is pretty expensive to get started though.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?item=Windripper

For easyish MF on the cheap, at least wear a sadima's and bisco's leash.

I will probably start with lab running for cash, but I am worried about the further dilution of the helmet enchant pool. A bunch of new enchants this league which will probably be of middling value.

Are you gonna do a starter to fund your pp build? Or just go straight to it?

I think I'm doing a standard arc totem build to start until I can afford the 2 pens, at least. I figure arc totems will be fine either for farming lab or maps or delve, whatever catches my attention.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Nice! Thanks for the info. Sounds like I found another skill I'm gonna include.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wonder how usually inexpensive things like victarios and barrons are going to be this league

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
They're common uniques so probably not very expensive at all once the market stabilizes after a few days.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ak Gara posted:

I should get a 4x size dumptab and put all the rares I find to sell full rare suits. I made most of my chaos' doing that.

if you want to do the chaos recipe a quad tab is a good investment. stash tab sale will probably be this week or next week (i forget when the last one was)

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

I feel like I have to roll SRS this league to justify buying that bee MTX and its bumming me out

The +1000 to minion accuracy gloves were enough for me to decide on SRS as my starter for this league (with the goal of getting a +3 staff / empower). The new minion nodes on the tree should make it even better.

They probably won't be the best minions this league, but I reckon SRS will be in a much better place than it has been for the past few leagues.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Will the dominating blow support links apply to the summons?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Plus The Barron isnt that good anymore anyways. Victarios should be cheap aside from day 1/2.

Uberelite was planning SRS as soon as he finished the patch notes, so they should be good this league.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

euphronius posted:

Will the dominating blow support links apply to the summons?

For sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So dominating blow - melee splash - multistrike - minion damage - melee phys - (accuracy maybe ?)