Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Who exactly are the people buying brand new pick up trucks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Senor P. posted:

The new Ford Ranger is poo poo and is a mid-size pickup competitor.

Its what Ford sells over seas. Fugly.

I want a mother loving light duty pickup.

Ford was floating the idea of a Focus-based light pickup recently. Basically a pickup version of the Transit Connect

tensac
Jun 9, 2011

is it anything?

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Alot of them become fleet vehicles. Quite a few are "given" out for promotional purposes. Frank sees it a few times and desire takes hold and you make a sale.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I bought a 16 tacoma with 10k miles on it for 10k less than it sold for new. And dude that had it put in leather seats and trim and a nice truck cap thing which the dealership doesn't care about charging you for. Wouldn't buy one new though.

I wish my old truck could have held out three more years so i could consider a used ranger.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Construction workers/contractors?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Rangers are pieces of poo poo and ford ruined the best 1/4 tonne truck after they bought Mazda

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

dkj posted:

Where did it go?

to the store to buy a pack of smokes :(

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

If you want a simple truck Nissan still makes the Frontier which has been sold almost unchanged since....2004?

They're super cheap compared to the brodozers that pass for 'light duty' trucks these days, Nissan probably wants to get rid of then to make room for more gray CUVs on their lots.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

assholes that want to obstruct my vision whenever I need to pull out of a parking spot

murder all truck drivers that don't use them for work imo

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Stevie Lee posted:

assholes that want to obstruct my vision whenever I need to pull out of a parking spot

murder all truck drivers that don't use them for work imo

Please don't cry

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Ford employees, especially management/execs, are overly fond of the absurdly big and dumb special edition F250/350s

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

tsa posted:

Please don't cry

the last time I got into a big truck was when a dude's wife wanted to suck my cock in a shopping plaza

very roomy

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
Why? Did they make too many transmissions and need to get rid of them?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Ford: Fashionably Overpriced and Reliably Defective

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

tsa posted:

Please don't cry

The only crying is done by everyone financing their trucks and accessories when they decimate their credit score, or maybe the creditors with tears of joy?
I daily drive a diesel Land Cruiser so I get all the brodozer dude's respect but my interior isn't made with garbage rattly plastic and my truck is 27 years old :c00l:

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Light trucks are stupid. Can't be used for truck work, too small to make up for a non-construction workers small dick.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Universe Master posted:

Light trucks are stupid. Can't be used for truck work, too small to make up for a non-construction workers small dick.

Truck work is a couple of bags of potting soil and picking up free filing cabinets on the side of the road

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Universe Master posted:

Good if you got a big dick and just need to haul furniture, go camping, be a man etc

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
A Real Man’s Ranking of Denis Leary’s Ford F-150 Commercials

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The best small pickup is the one guerilla fighters mount guns in the back of, the Toyota Hilux.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

KakerMix posted:

Truck work is a couple of bags of potting soil and picking up free filing cabinets on the side of the road

I have a subcompact hatchback that can do those things.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Car Hater posted:

Ford employees, especially management/execs, are overly fond of the absurdly big and dumb special edition F250/350s

Everybody loving loves them, it's insane how many SRW F-350s are driving around nowadays

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Does it come in camo to match my pants?!?

What will become of a beloved F150++Premium?!?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Universe Master posted:

Hey, chances are if you’re towing 12 tons of something it’s probably pretty important to you. That’s your livelihood back there, OK? So you’re gonna want to keep it from swaying back and forth like hippies around a campfire. No sweat. Introducing the all-new 2011 Super Duty. It’s got the most towing power, and now an advanced trailer sway control system. And it’s standard. Yeah, that’ll take the white out of your knuckles. Kumbaya, baby. The all. New. Super Duty.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

big nipples big life posted:

The best small pickup is the one guerilla fighters mount guns in the back of, the Toyota Hilux.

This guys are assholes because they drive up the prices of the Hilux :argh:

Universe Master posted:

So will a van but both of those are suppppppppperrr gay.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Zil posted:

Let me know when the bronco comes back.

2020, by official reports.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A car thread with no pics of said car?

Looks pretty good.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

iddqd posted:

Looks pretty good.

Still looks like a penis extension to me

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
I, too, would like to pay over 30 grand for a 4 cylinder truck (4x4 drive $4,000 extra).

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

iddqd posted:

Looks pretty good.

Is there a way I can buy an 85k King ranch version of this?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Bip Roberts posted:

Is there a way I can buy an 85k King ranch version of this?

Yeah get the raptor

naem
May 29, 2011

big nipples big life posted:

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My work truck is a chevy colorado now, used to have a ram 1500

It's pretty cool, way lower to the ground though, makes jumping curbs a little scary

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Ford thinks the future of automobiles is trucks and bet their whole company on it haha. gently caress ford. They are the sears of automobiles and i will enjoy their next bankruptcy right up until we bail them out again i guess. gently caress.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

DogonCrook posted:

Ford thinks the future of automobiles is trucks and bet their whole company on it haha. gently caress ford. They are the sears of automobiles and i will enjoy their next bankruptcy right up until we bail them out again i guess. gently caress.

Ford wasn’t bailed out though. :confused:

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Kuato posted:

Ford wasn’t bailed out though. :confused:

It sorta was i mean they took the money and pushed for it and its fords own words that they would use that to push for more fuel efficinecy lol. But sure they didnt have to do any of that lol.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
tiny truck for lil bois that cant get up in a Rapter

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ford rapters are the coolest truck mankind ever invented

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
I remember when I watched back to the future thinking that truck he wanted was badass. I rewatched it not too long ago and lol’d at how outdated it was.

Catching old Dallas episodes is good for laughing at our tastes back then. Billionaire JR Ewing driving some old rear end truck. lmbo

I wonder what we’ll have in 20-30 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Kuato posted:

I remember when I watched back to the future thinking that truck he wanted was badass. I rewatched it not too long ago and lol’d at how outdated it was.

Catching old Dallas episodes is good for laughing at our tastes back then. Billionaire JR Ewing driving some old rear end truck. lmbo

I wonder what we’ll have in 20-30 years.

Outdated? Bro those Toyota trucks go for silly money and are the new classic cars. It isn't Barracudas or Chargers or whatever, it's Supras and Toyota Trucks.

In 20-30 years people are going to unironically lust after H2s and Escalades, it's already starting with jellybean Taruses.

• Locked thread