Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Hah he definitely calls Alf a change of pace back here. Sounds like Reddit was just overreacting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/9bb7xd/john_lynchs_interview_from_the_radio_this_morning/

Actual interview. Lynch never says he's going to start or even play.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Eh he's worth a end of the bench flier, especially in deeper leagues. If he doesn't start then cut his rear end.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
lol well poo poo

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Spoeank posted:

Its not like Kyle Shanahan's bloodline has a track record of playing loving games with running back usage or anything

If anything, I'd take this as hope that Morris will be treated the way Tevin Coleman was and it will help McKinnon stay healthy in his first real season as a starter.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Poque posted:

If anything, I'd take this as hope that Morris will be treated the way Tevin Coleman was and it will help McKinnon stay healthy in his first real season as a starter.

Coleman was basically an outside zone runner and split out wide/pass catching threat out of the backfield in Shanny's system. I can't imagine Morris will be San Fran's Coleman.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

I can't imagine Morris will be San Fran's Coleman.

That's because he will be their Jim Brown. :getin:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Poque posted:

Hasnt shanny said that's the role he sees for brieda?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What if McKinnon is Coleman and Morris is Freeman and Groot is still alive?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

weird Asian candy posted:

lol well poo poo

Thankfully I dropped my kicker lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Thankfully I dropped my kicker lol

I dropped my 2nd QB (Alex Smith) so I'm not feeling too bad but still...lol

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What's a fair offer to try and gain another 1st round pick? My 2nd and 3rd for their 1st?

I'm keeping David Johnson (16th round) and Odell Beckham Jr. (15th round). A lot of top tier guys are going to be available in the first round, and I feel like if I can grab two of them my team will be incredibly stacked. Is it worth it to try and trade up? (Who knows if anyone will even entertain trading their first round pick :shrug:)

Top Players available:
RB's: Gurley, Zeke, Barkley, Fournette, Cook, Freeman, McKinnon, Mixon
WR's: Julio, K Allen, AJ Green, Evans, Thielen, Fitz
TE's: Gronk

Basically, what should my offer be to someone for their 1st?

10 team 0.5 ppr standard scoring

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
With those keeper costs, your team is gonna be incredibly stacked regardless.

Do you guys not have an increasing penalty cost for keepers? Those are both like 3 year keepers at a bottom barrel cost

Do you know your draft order?

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 29, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

VietCampo posted:

With those keeper costs, your team is gonna be incredibly stacked regardless.

Do you guys not have an increasing penalty cost for keepers? Those are both like 3 year keepers at a bottom barrel cost

Do you know your draft order?

The current rule is you can keep someone for 2 years (penalty being whatever round they were drafted in), and then if you trade that player, the new owner can keep them for 2 years, and so on. This led to great value keepers constantly being traded around and never going back into the pool (AKA why I have these two guys so late). We are changing that rule going forward now, so that no matter if a player is traded or not, they can only be kept for 2 years maximum, then must go back into the pool, regardless of who owns him.

I won't know my draft order until a half hour or so before the draft (Tonight at 6:30 EST).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

What's a fair offer to try and gain another 1st round pick? My 2nd and 3rd for their 1st?

I'm keeping David Johnson (16th round) and Odell Beckham Jr. (15th round). A lot of top tier guys are going to be available in the first round, and I feel like if I can grab two of them my team will be incredibly stacked. Is it worth it to try and trade up? (Who knows if anyone will even entertain trading their first round pick :shrug:)

Top Players available:
RB's: Gurley, Zeke, Barkley, Fournette, Cook, Freeman, McKinnon, Mixon
WR's: Julio, K Allen, AJ Green, Evans, Thielen, Fitz
TE's: Gronk

Basically, what should my offer be to someone for their 1st?

10 team 0.5 ppr standard scoring

Your team is already stacked. With keepers the value outside the first round plummets. If I could give a 2nd and 3rd for a 1st I would probably do so.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Your team is already stacked. With keepers the value outside the first round plummets. If I could give a 2nd and 3rd for a 1st I would probably do so.

If he is able to trade a 2nd and a 3rd for a 1st then I want to join that league.

Probably have to give up a 2nd, 3rd, & 4th for a 1st and if you need to have even picks you would take 10th & 11th back to even really have a chance.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Anyone have a 10 team standard scoring beer sheet, the OP doesn't mention any and I swear I got them the last two years from here and it worked pretty well? Just found out my draft is in an hour and I just got home from work and watched zero pre-season football, fantasy here I come baby!!!

Thanks dude!
VVVVVVVV

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 29, 2018

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

maniacripper posted:

Anyone have a 10 team standard scoring beer sheet, the OP doesn't mention any and I swear I got them the last two years from here and it worked pretty well? Just found out my draft is in an hour and I just got home from work and watched zero pre-season football, fantasy here I come baby!!!

Reddit post along with links to donate to Beer's good cause:
https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/9b16z6/beersheets_20180828_beers_mia_edition/

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
JUST IN CASE I need someone if somebody doesn't show, can someone stand in for a team on MyFantasyLeague in half a hour and dynasty draft for them, auction draft?

Worst case scenario.

I'm not sure if there's an auto draft on MFL

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

89 posted:

JUST IN CASE I need someone if somebody doesn't show, can someone stand in for a team on MyFantasyLeague in half a hour and dynasty draft for them, auction draft?

Worst case scenario.

I'm not sure if there's an auto draft on MFL

You can queue up picks to auto draft from. My draft list, iirc.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

You can queue up picks to auto draft from. My draft list, iirc.

My draft list is dumb and won't strictly draft in the order you set. But there is an auto draft, and PREDRAFT is better than my draft list (which tries to determine need and fill accordingly, leading to early QBs)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Everybody has a lot of their budget blown but this team has alllll of their budget.

Can anybody fill innnn

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Just finished up my keeper league draft. Think i did okay, hitched myself up to the Vikings offense, so hopefully that doesn't bite me in the rear end. Also waited to grab a TE with plans to stream most likely, unfortunately most of my league likes to carry 2 TE's.

1 PPR

QB Kirk Cousins
RB Saquon Barkley
RB Dalvin Cook
WR Adam Thielan
WR Ty Hilton
TE Eric Ebron
WRT Brandin Cooks
BN Tevin Coleman
BN Pierre Garcon
BN Jamison Crowder
BN Alex Collins
BN Chris Thompson
K Gould
D Baltimore

Cook and Collins were keepers

Hoping Baltimore is decent enough again but will be streaming Kickers. Other TE's available are Clay, ASJ, Eifert, Mcdonald if any of those are better options to grab?

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 30, 2018

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

89 posted:

Everybody has a lot of their budget blown but this team has alllll of their budget.

Can anybody fill innnn

I can but I don't have any experience in auctions

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Keelan Cole is on the waiver wire and I'm wondering if I should drop Michael Gallup for him. The rest of my receivers are Julio jones, Josh Gordon, alshon, and Robby anderson. Standard scoring.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Crunkjuice posted:

Keelan Cole is on the waiver wire and I'm wondering if I should drop Michael Gallup for him. The rest of my receivers are Julio jones, Josh Gordon, alshon, and Robby anderson. Standard scoring.

yes

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Crunkjuice posted:

I’d drop Alshon honestly. Or can you shove him on IR?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Crunkjuice posted:

Same question here and my bench WRs are Sammy Watkins, Chris Godwin, Josh Doctson and Allen Robinson. Is he an upgrade over any of those guys? Yahoo standard scoring

My WR situation is dire. WR1 and WR2 are Doug Baldwin and Demaryius Thomas

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Had two drafts tonight. Happy with the first. It's a work league and there's a cap on positions otherwise I wouldn't have two QBs or TEs.

0 PPR, 12 teams, QB-2RB-2WR-RB/WR-TE, 4pt pa TDs, drafting 3rd

QB: Brees (7), Prescott (13)
RB: Johnson (1), Howard (2), Collins (3), Ingram (5), Ware (11)
WR: D. Thomas (4), Goodwin (6), Kupp (8), Anderson (9), D, Jackson (12)
TE: Kittle (10), Seals-Jones (14)

The second team is worrisome. Its a keeper league and I kept Johnson in the first round. Some people had much better keepers like Gurley in the fourth or Melvin Gordon in the fifth. Last year my team was bad and I was really burned by RB injuries. Now I went too hard on RBs early. And I really need Wilson to throw a bunch of TDs to make that early pick worth it.

0 PPR, 12 teams, QB-RB-1RB/WR/TE-3WR/TE, 6pt pa TDs, drafting 4th

QB: Wilson (3)
RB: Johnson (1-K), Collins (2), Ingram (5), Cohen (9), Ware (11)
WR: Hogan (4), Kupp (6), R. Anderson (7), Stills (8)
TE: Burton (10)

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Keith Atherton posted:

Same question here and my bench WRs are Sammy Watkins, Chris Godwin, Josh Doctson and Allen Robinson. Is he an upgrade over any of those guys? Yahoo standard scoring

My WR situation is dire. WR1 and WR2 are Doug Baldwin and Demaryius Thomas
I would cut Doctson for Keelan Cole.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Doobie Keebler posted:

Had two drafts tonight. Happy with the first. It's a work league and there's a cap on positions otherwise I wouldn't have two QBs or TEs.

0 PPR, 12 teams, QB-2RB-2WR-RB/WR-TE, 4pt pa TDs, drafting 3rd

QB: Brees (7), Prescott (13)
RB: Johnson (1), Howard (2), Collins (3), Ingram (5), Ware (11)
WR: D. Thomas (4), Goodwin (6), Kupp (8), Anderson (9), D, Jackson (12)
TE: Kittle (10), Seals-Jones (14)

The second team is worrisome. Its a keeper league and I kept Johnson in the first round. Some people had much better keepers like Gurley in the fourth or Melvin Gordon in the fifth. Last year my team was bad and I was really burned by RB injuries. Now I went too hard on RBs early. And I really need Wilson to throw a bunch of TDs to make that early pick worth it.

0 PPR, 12 teams, QB-RB-1RB/WR/TE-3WR/TE, 6pt pa TDs, drafting 4th

QB: Wilson (3)
RB: Johnson (1-K), Collins (2), Ingram (5), Cohen (9), Ware (11)
WR: Hogan (4), Kupp (6), R. Anderson (7), Stills (8)
TE: Burton (10)

On 2nd I’m dropping ware and probably Cohen (or trading him) for any and every we possible. You can only play 2 RB’s max but min 2 WR’s but you drafted more RB’s than WR’s...

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Part 1 of my wacky auction dynasty draft ended tonight. Took too long so we gotta do the next half next Wednesday.

$1000 budget, Scott Fish Bowl settings mostly...so far...

1. Carr, Derek OAK QB 7 $48.00
2. Rivers, Philip LAC QB 8 $40.00
3. Wentz, Carson PHI QB 9 $156.00
4. Barber, Peyton TBB RB 5 $13.00
5. Cohen, Tarik CHI RB 5 $32.00
6. Gordon, Melvin LAC RB 8 $159.00
7. Howard, Jordan CHI RB 5 $125.00
8. Evans, Mike TBB WR 5 $108.00
9. Landry, Jarvis CLE WR 11 $144.00
10. Ertz, Zach PHI TE 9 $122.00

1 QB
3 WR
2 RB
1 TE
2 FLEX
1 Super FLEX

TE's get 1 PPR + 1 First Down, RB/WR is 0.5 PPR + 0.5 First Down. QBs are 6 pt TDs with -4 INT.

Hope I haven't screwed my team up too bad. I got a max bid left of $36 and we are doing 25 Roster Spots. Most everybody is down to under $100.

Notable player auction values that went:

$205 - David Johnson
$207 - LeVeon Bell
$220 - Antonio Brown
$188 - Aaron Rodgers
$200 - Barkley

and then on down.

I skipped a lot of guys I wanted for the sake of value....except Wentz and Ertz. Ertz Wentz & Fire still ride!!

89 fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 30, 2018

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

8th pick out of 10, standard yahoo scoring.

pretty happy with it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Need 1 person to take over this team in Year 1 of Dynasty. There's $160 of $1000 left. Part 2 of the auction startup draft (we couldn't finish it in one night) is next Wednesday. I basically picked for this team and I think I like it better than my own in some ways :(

1. Newton, Cam CAR QB 4 $135.00
2. Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB 7 $90.00
3. Burkhead, Rex NEP RB 11 $35.00
4. Coleman, Tevin ATL RB 8 $52.00
5. Collins, Alex BAL RB 10 $120.00
6. Johnson, Kerryon DET RB 6 $70.00
7. Michel, Sony NEP RB 11 $71.00
8. Cooper, Amari OAK WR 7 $86.00
9. Jones, Marvin DET WR 6 $62.00
10. Thielen, Adam MIN WR 10 $105.00

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Okay, first time acution drafter 0.5 ppr how'd I do?

QB: Matt Ryan $1

RB: Alvin Kamara $68
RB: Duke Johnson $13

WR: Keenan Allen $41
WR: Larry Fitzgerald $23

TE: Greg Olsen $12

Flex: D. Henry $16

K: S Gostkowski $2

D?ST: ARI $1

Bench

QB A. Smith $1
WR: P. Garcon $6
RB: L. Murray $1
RB: Chris Carson $6
RB: James White $6
WR: Mike Wallace $1
WR: John Brwn $6

How many teams?

LesBeardly
Jul 4, 2010

BEST BALLS ON SA AWARD
Oops I misread something, ignore me.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

8th pick out of 10, standard yahoo scoring.

pretty happy with it.

Having Marvin and Golladay might drive you crazy. On the other hand, if one or the other gets hurt, you're golden.

Seattle's defense will be a shell of what it was before. Lose it and stream defenses.

All the rest of that is very good. I love Tyreek in no-PPR, and you might have 3 RB1s!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Dynasty radar: Seahawks just extended Tyler Lockett for 3 years. Deal has $20 million guaranteed and with incentives tops out at ~$12.5 mil per year. Part of that value is his ability to take returns on special team but it's a big contract for team in the middle of overhauling their defense that's not known for being too pass-happy.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Drunk Nerds posted:

How many teams?

12 teams. 0.5 ppr too, forgot to mention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Alfalfa posted:

I’d drop Alshon honestly. Or can you shove him on IR?

The bench in our league is 7 deep, so I can keep him stashed no problem.