Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Arcturas posted:

Yeah, I have played a bunch of both Jinx and old Ashe and honestly would only ever R from downtown to steal kills (actually to miss by half a screen and lol while telling my team I tried to help). New ashe is confusing because I have to learn new things and my champion knowledge is stuck in season 3 so gently caress new people like Lucian.

silver scrublord here but I can at least give you tips on Ashe if you just wanna right click on mans because that's her lategame.

Ashe's W works how it's always worked, her new Q basically means after autoattacking four times you can burn mana to have an attack speed steroid and, with Q rank-ups, increased damage. This is very good when picked up with press the attack. There's usually an audio or visual cue (besides looking at your skills) that tells you it's time to just fire All The Arrows. They also slow a little more than Ashe's basic attack too, I think? So if you have it up due to shooting minions and some dummies try to come trade with you without CCing you via pyke or some apeshit balls to the wall leona you can target them, hit q, and then just keep shooting the gently caress at them.

Also don't try to go for the downtown hero play snipes with r, you still get a pretty long stun if you can just hit them from across the lane, 90% of the time this is enough to win you the trade if you start attacking them while they're stunned by arrow (see: having Q up)

Lucian is an interesting and cool fun champ because he autoattacks a lot (his passive is literally he gets two autos after he casts an ability) while still being an 'ad caster' type so you have to tread a fine line with him. An important thing about Lucian is 90% of the time in lane if he's dashing into you he's apparently made the call that he's not going to get punished so if you have any sort of CC in lane either as ADC or support now's the time to dunk on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Me, a cool and good-looking Leona player: cool well when Ashe hits six we have an insane all-in

Ashe: *stands totally still for five seconds before firing toward top lane*

Me: ah. Well, nevertheless,

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Wow I can't believe I missed all the poo poo with Enigma. Lmao dude the game is not trapping you in silver. Get better at the game and you won't be stuck.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the nunubot skin makes the biggest snowball ever look bad rear end. the ult looks pretty whatever, im not even sure what its supposed to be doing.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

How Rude posted:

Wow I can't believe I missed all the poo poo with Enigma. Lmao dude the game is not trapping you in silver. Get better at the game and you won't be stuck.

His account is marked for losses.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Dancer posted:

His account is marked for losses.

Flagged for losses.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

When is the show on, I need to plan my night yall

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

kingcobweb posted:

Me, a cool and good-looking Leona player: cool well when Ashe hits six we have an insane all-in

Ashe: *stands totally still for five seconds before firing toward top lane*

Me: ah. Well, nevertheless,

that's why you go precision/domination and grab ultimate hunter :devil:

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Enigma89 posted:

I will stream most likely in 1-2 hours time.

I haven't been this excited for a League Viewing Experience since CLG fell out of playoffs.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Rygar201 posted:

When is the show on, I need to plan my night yall

Post the twitch enigma! Over under 2.5 games being streamed tonight?

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Going live now

https://www.twitch.tv/enigma89

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Sexpansion posted:

save the video

How ?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Mikujin posted:

Flagged for losses.

I live in eternal shame, how could I get that wrong

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
hell yes

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
thank you for not indulging methanar, as he sucks very, very badly.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

enigma i have to say, you definitely belong at that MMR, but i did not realize how bad silver actually was. i feel for you as that was truly something to watch. stop stuttering your last hits, it does nothing, put wards down, and your ADC positioning is complete rear end. practice in a custom game to learn how to CS. godspeed.

E: for a very clear example, in a fight near the end you died because you moved forward when a fiddlesticks showed up, separating yourself in an island away from your team closer to the enemy base.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

pog boyfriend posted:

enigma i have to say, you definitely belong at that MMR, but i did not realize how bad silver actually was. i feel for you as that was truly something to watch. stop stuttering your last hits, it does nothing, put wards down, and your ADC positioning is complete rear end. practice in a custom game to learn how to CS. godspeed.

E: for a very clear example, in a fight near the end you died because you moved forward when a fiddlesticks showed up, separating yourself in an island away from your team closer to the enemy base.

I am not a very good ADC player. I was never good with it in dota either but you are right in terms of positioning. I think this is why I like vlad so much because you can just get in the middle of everyone and pop people.

In dota I usually played initiation heroes that started a fight and jumped in it all.

I am really out of practice from John and only played him because draven was banned. Think my vlad game showed I can cs when I am familiar with the attack speed. Jhin hits so slow it took me a a while to get it down again.

Anyways thanks for watching everyone, hope it was fun. That last game was actually pretty exciting, ended with a nice base race.

E:
I know I have quirky habits from not wanting to break my dota muscle memory. Either way, I hope me talking through the game gave some light on my thinking. As you can tell, I do not know much from the game. I literally play a few heroes and just grind games. I also try to be the cheer leader for the team so people do not tilt.

Anyways I am done for the night. Good night

Enigma89 fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 30, 2018

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I hope I see some gifs from that. Buy and use active items enigma89

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Enigma89 posted:

I am not a very good ADC player. I was never good with it in dota either but you are right in terms of positioning. I think this is why I like vlad so much because you can just get in the middle of everyone and pop people.

In dota I usually played initiation heroes that started a fight and jumped in it all.

I am really out of practice from John and only played him because draven was banned. Think my vlad game showed I can cs when I am familiar with the attack speed. Jhin hits so slow it took me a a while to get it down again.

Anyways thanks for watching everyone, hope it was fun. That last game was actually pretty exciting, ended with a nice base race.

E:
I know I have quirky habits from not wanting to break my dota muscle memory. Either way, I hope me talking through the game gave some light on my thinking. As you can tell, I do not know much from the game. I literally play a few heroes and just grind games. I also try to be the cheer leader for the team so people do not tilt.

Anyways I am done for the night. Good night

it was entertaining that is for sure. your biggest issue as a player is that your plays are not forcing, you play too passively and never take opportunities that exist. you do not take free damage where it presents itself, and you do not leverage your kills into anything. you have some weird fundamentals that could be addressed, but your biggest issue and probably the reason you are stuck in silver is because you play passively, the two wins we saw were largely irrelevant from you and the result of other players making calls and forcing plays that you occasionally showed up to be involved with. that is definitely going to get you stuck in silver. learn to leverage your advantages and you will improve significantly. (also improve your positioning, just because it is mandatory to play adc does not mean it does not translate to other classes)

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

For instance, lack of empowered q harass, letting malz slowly walk back into lane unmolested. You could have done a lot more damage if you were more aggressive and could have pushed malz out of lane before he bought

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I hope I see some gifs from that. Buy and use active items enigma89

https://clips.twitch.tv/KitschyHealthyBunnyVoteNay

My favourite moment from the stream.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

that was my favorite play too

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Also buy CDR in Vlad as it’s by far his most important stat, and move your minimap to the right because you didn’t see two ganks that game because it was blocking your vision of the lane

In fact just shrink your whole UI to minimum, there’s no reason not to

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Please turn on quick-cast too, as someone coming from DotA myself I will never advocate Quick-Cast in DotA but it feels so much better in League.

Like, when I turned it on the difference in flow and feel was night and day. DotA is slower in general so you can take the time to manually cast things, League is all twitch reactions and speed so quick-cast is so necessary.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

i recorded vods but they weren't that interesting so i'm just going to post a few notes instead

VLAD
* your laning seemed fine on vlad. that's a heavily advantageous matchup for him - he can sit on the wave, has the push constantly until 9, and it's even after that - but you solokilled him like twice so beat expectations on that front. i'm not an expert on laning minutiae in mid so i don't really know if you could have harassed more. the gank was pretty bad and kindred could have been clearer on her intentions but you should be screaming at her to come at that point so you could at worst get a free back off, force him to take a fairly bad back and miss CS, and buy revolver from it, so eh.

* your build is dogshit, deathcap rush is a noob trap because it gives you a relatively small amount of AP on completion, get Hextech Protobelt or Spellbinder (which builds out of one NLR) depending on your first buy and don't get Deathcap until 3rd item at the earliest

* vlad's roams are pretty unreliable so lack of activity was a positive overall. you can't roam to a CC-less lane re: yorick

* if you're in that sort of matchup where you don't have roam pressure and you're waiting for sidelanes to do what they do to get the game going, you have to pay attention to the push in those sidelanes and sync up with them. if yorick is free-hitting top and your bot lane is getting ganked, don't stand next to raptors wall (you can assume that nobody is top side, and if they are, they can only attack one of you) so just play towards there), and don't keep pushing when yorick clearly has the tower and you've already seen that they're bringing numbers towards you and not yorick

JHIN
* you took a ton of harass in that lane because you showed up way too late (step away from red buff as you leash and take the short route to lane, you or your support should be sitting on the tribush for level 1 anyway) and then positioned in such a manner that they both got to unload on you for free over and over. the entire objective of most lanes with x ad carry and an ap mage like fiddle is to pincer you and take advantage of the fact that, for one reason or another, you can't move back before they unload a bunch of abilities on you. you want to position towards wherever the most open space is, most likely towards the southern wall.

* your laning being passive on jhin is generally a very bad thing for solo queue in particular - jhin's entire thing is that he has the damage and CC to make kill lanes. however, jhin-rakan is one of the lanes where the jhin is expected to do the least in terms of setting things up, and your duo support was generally the one loving up in terms of not being able to execute the thing that your lane does best (engage on them immediately when one of them crosses the halfway point of the lane) by "being at 55% health to start the fight" and "just kinda holding his dick in his hand while kog'maw free-hits 40% of the way up the lane" so whatever. there were a couple of times where you just don't pick up on the nocturne/fiddle bait but i also kinda think that fiddle in particular shouldn't be allowed to get into position for those ults? so whatever

* you don't really get how jhin works with regards to his ult, his lane assignment, and fights. in this game in particular, you have an ultra-aggressive 1-3-1 composition. both urgot and zed can jump on someone in a sidelane at any time. so what you need to be doing for pretty much 99% of the mid and late-game is pushing mid as far as is safe, identifying which sidelane is going to imminently be able to produce a productive fight and/or siege, moving through safe jungle/river, and frantically pinging your sidelaner to engage or push so you can swing the fight/siege with your ult. jhin CAN fit your tendency to chase and to be late to fights in mid and late-game (not early), but you still have to have some direction in doing so.

GENERAL
* if you're going to missing ping, missing ping where you think your wayward laner could be rather than just on the lane itself

* get quick cast, buy items with actives and use them (you really cannot play Vlad if you aren't going to make use of Protobelt or Spellbinder)

* you seem very passive, but passivity was the order of the day for you in both of those games, so i don't know how consistent that is. what i do know is that you are not making any sort of identification of what you should be doing next in terms of objective play. everything you do is reactive to what basically your teammates are in the process of doing; you're not even at the stage where you're automatically doing x thing that is wrong in this situation, you wait on everything. you should probably just start simple with this: "what does my team want to get next, and who is the person most responsible for getting it?", where the rules are like this:

what we want next = T1 > dragon/herald > T2 > baron > T3/inhib. there are a ton of rules for how this priority works out practically, but if in doubt, pick the objective closest to other objectives you might want afterwards.

who is the person most responsible for getting it = the person with the most DPS on towers/neutrals = usually the jungler on neutrals and usually the champion with the most AS/AD (i.e. usually the ADC) on towers

if it's you you need to be gunning for that objective and asking for help, if it's not you then you need to figure out how you can make your own pressure and then preferably get to that objective and person to help when they're in a position to attack it

* play anivia and karthus probably

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I missed the stream because thing I had to attend.

People are saying your builds are terribad. I understand you come from DOTA where builds are provided in client. I would suggest getting lolwiz or overwolf overlay or one of the multiple malware bitcoin mining programs that scrapes information from OP.GG and puts it on your screem. Alternatively, just grab a build from op.gg on your browser while the game is loading and just do whatever that says for the mastery and first two items.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Holy poo poo

If only there was some way... of seeing that bush you just walked through........ some sort of map hack? But that’s cheating. No idea

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

oh actually on the quick-cast thing, i don't remember how dota does it, but you can set it up in league so you essentially have a modifier button that enables normal cast or vice-versa. and you do want the option to normal-cast on most abilities on most champions you play. so you should probably do that specifically rather than just going to full quick-cast

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8o5fxnDUjs

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

KirbyKhan posted:

People are saying your builds are terribad. I understand you come from DOTA where builds are provided in client. I would suggest getting lolwiz or overwolf overlay or one of the multiple malware bitcoin mining programs that scrapes information from OP.GG and puts it on your screem. Alternatively, just grab a build from op.gg on your browser while the game is loading and just do whatever that says for the mastery and first two items.

im pretty sure that the blitz client isnt scammy and its unobtrusive

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

pog boyfriend posted:

it was entertaining that is for sure. your biggest issue as a player is that your plays are not forcing, you play too passively and never take opportunities that exist. you do not take free damage where it presents itself, and you do not leverage your kills into anything. you have some weird fundamentals that could be addressed, but your biggest issue and probably the reason you are stuck in silver is because you play passively, the two wins we saw were largely irrelevant from you and the result of other players making calls and forcing plays that you occasionally showed up to be involved with. that is definitely going to get you stuck in silver. learn to leverage your advantages and you will improve significantly. (also improve your positioning, just because it is mandatory to play adc does not mean it does not translate to other classes)

I, for one, am shocked to read this post

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

League of Legends Season 8: I'm going to put this ELO in My Trash

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

there was a nunu in every game i played tonight and it felt like playing against an ap hecarim

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Radical posted:

there was a nunu in every game i played tonight and it felt like playing against an ap hecarim

Turns out his W was bugged and doing way more damage than it was supposed to

https://twitter.com/MarkYetter/status/1034956354744508416?s=19

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Did you clip the base race at the end by any chance?

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

KirbyKhan posted:

My build comes from elite500 and it is called gigalords.

It is dark seal, death cap, sorc boots, morello, Mejia, void staff and last item depending on what is going on the game (generally spell binder).

It's basically max AP and you can reliably 1 to 2 shot people once you get going but it is a bit risky. I generally go this build 90% of the time. If I am losing my lane horribly then I go CDR.

I am surprised by the reaction from the build because all of the vlad spammers on reddit go this build. There are some really high level vlads that run it. In lane, I try to get someone to 400hp and then I can generally just flash e, empowered q and w and they die and they always react with ???.

Just writing this as a note to say I did not come up with the build. It was from a high level player. I will post some links.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

Enigma89 posted:

It is dark seal, death cap, sorc boots, morello, Mejia, void staff and last item depending on what is going on the game (generally spell binder).

It's basically max AP and you can reliably 1 to 2 shot people once you get going but it is a bit risky. I generally go this build 90% of the time. If I am losing my lane horribly then I go CDR.

I am surprised by the reaction from the build because all of the vlad spammers on reddit go this build. There are some really high level vlads that run it. In lane, I try to get someone to 400hp and then I can generally just flash e, empowered q and w and they die and they always react with ???.

Just writing this as a note to say I did not come up with the build. It was from a high level player. I will post some links.

you are not a top level vlad player and you lack the judgement to decide when to abandon CDR for straight AP

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Enigma89 posted:

It is perfectly plausible that some high level Vlads are building it, but it truly is terrible. Like, fine, let's start from a position where we agree that you want to rush as much AP as possible as quickly as possible (you don't actually want to do that as Vlad, but let's start from here). If we assume that items are appropriately costed, it should be a simple conclusion that the item that has a built in "increases your AP by 30%" is over-priced for the amount of AP it gives with zero other items in hand. Its cost is appropriate if you already have 2 other items giving you AP. There will be items which, while having less AP than Deathcap on paper, will increase your damage more, and for less money. Luden's Echo is such an example (note: you really don't actually want to build Luden's, partially because it's overcosted due to its mana component, but I'm just making a point). Rylai's is another example that actually works great on Vlad. It gives more AP than it gives to anyone else, because of your HP -> AP passive, and its passive is actually pretty good on you, because you want extended trades where you can do your rotation multiple times. Spellbinder is another one that works great. That's a lot of AP, with movement speed on top (NB: literally the best stat in the game), and you should know how to use actives from DotA.

BUT

Seriously, it cannot be overstated how amazing CDR is on Vlad. 20% CDR is basically a flat 25% damage increase if you push your buttons on cooldown. 40% CDR is a 66% increase. You have no mana costs, a fact that distinguishes you from a lot of other champions, you need to abuse that poo poo.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I, for one, am shocked to read this post

“and people say i talk about the same old things, the reason why it sound the same is because the truth dont change” -lecrae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Chris de Sperg posted:

i recorded vods but they weren't that interesting so i'm just going to post a few notes instead

VLAD
* your laning seemed fine on vlad. that's a heavily advantageous matchup for him - he can sit on the wave, has the push constantly until 9, and it's even after that - but you solokilled him like twice so beat expectations on that front. i'm not an expert on laning minutiae in mid so i don't really know if you could have harassed more. the gank was pretty bad and kindred could have been clearer on her intentions but you should be screaming at her to come at that point so you could at worst get a free back off, force him to take a fairly bad back and miss CS, and buy revolver from it, so eh.
I generally play ultra aggressive. Because I go dark seal and death cap (slow build up), I feel like I need dark seal charges to really get more AP. I generally try to walk away from lane with 1-2 kills, if I end mid with 0-0 then I feel really behind. Malzahar is sort of tanky with his shield so I was playing a bit defensive around him.

Chris de Sperg posted:

* your build is dogshit, deathcap rush is a noob trap because it gives you a relatively small amount of AP on completion, get Hextech Protobelt or Spellbinder (which builds out of one NLR) depending on your first buy and don't get Deathcap until 3rd item at the earliest
Talked about this already but I will start experimenting with CDR again. The same discussion is going on reddit today. https://www.reddit.com/r/VladimirMains/comments/9b7lnr/elite500_build_vs_protobelt_cdr_build/

Chris de Sperg posted:

* vlad's roams are pretty unreliable so lack of activity was a positive overall. you can't roam to a CC-less lane re: yorick
That cho TP was pretty funny.

Chris de Sperg posted:

JHIN
* your laning being passive on jhin is generally a very bad thing for solo queue in particular - jhin's entire thing is that he has the damage and CC to make kill lanes. however, jhin-rakan is one of the lanes where the jhin is expected to do the least in terms of setting things up, and your duo support was generally the one loving up in terms of not being able to execute the thing that your lane does best (engage on them immediately when one of them crosses the halfway point of the lane) by "being at 55% health to start the fight" and "just kinda holding his dick in his hand while kog'maw free-hits 40% of the way up the lane" so whatever. there were a couple of times where you just don't pick up on the nocturne/fiddle bait but i also kinda think that fiddle in particular shouldn't be allowed to get into position for those ults? so whatever
That duo was platinum so I think he generally plys heroes he doesn't play too much with me. That lane was surprising how much damage they could dish out pretty early.

Chris de Sperg posted:

GENERAL
* if you're going to missing ping, missing ping where you think your wayward laner could be rather than just on the lane itself
Noted..

Chris de Sperg posted:

* get quick cast, buy items with actives and use them (you really cannot play Vlad if you aren't going to make use of Protobelt or Spellbinder)
This got misunderstood on stream. I have no problem using active items, I do have a problem using protobelt. Protobelt is basically a copy from force staff from Dota. In Dotes you have to press the active button twice to have it self cast. If you press it once you can then click on someone and it will apply the move to them. It really throws me off that I press it once and it engages and I have had a few times where I have moved myself forward when I didn't want to. It's just muscle memory and after 5k hours / 10 years of dota it is hard to break.

I know this is annoying to hear but I don't want to lose my dota skills (even though I am dropping MMR hard in dota) because I plan to full time dota at some point so I am trying to not break too many habits. I know this puts me at a disadvantage.

In general, I am solid when using zhonyas or spell binder or zeke's convergence. Protobelt is the one that I do not like using because the casting mechanics are different.

Chris de Sperg posted:

* you seem very passive, but passivity was the order of the day for you in both of those games, so i don't know how consistent that is. what i do know is that you are not making any sort of identification of what you should be doing next in terms of objective play. everything you do is reactive to what basically your teammates are in the process of doing; you're not even at the stage where you're automatically doing x thing that is wrong in this situation, you wait on everything. you should probably just start simple with this: "what does my team want to get next, and who is the person most responsible for getting it?", where the rules are like this:
I mentioned this earlier but I generally play very aggressive to farm up dark seal pacts. I don't really play jhin (draven got banned) anymore so I felt a bit out of my comfort zone. That was the first time of me playing jhin with that hail of blades rune. Those two games were sort of passive in general so I just kind of went with it. Also, I have to say after playing in front of a crowd, I am actually really impressed with how pro streamers can stream and talk to their viewers so fluidly. It is actually really hard to think outloud and to react to chat. I find myself playing, looking at chat, then looking at the map and thinking oh poo poo I missed something and then having to react. It's only a few seconds of looking at chat but it is a weird feeling. It's probably why the streamers all have multiple monitors. I had chat on my phone so I had to lean in and see what was being said.

Thank you for your notes!

Chris de Sperg posted:

oh actually on the quick-cast thing, i don't remember how dota does it, but you can set it up in league so you essentially have a modifier button that enables normal cast or vice-versa. and you do want the option to normal-cast on most abilities on most champions you play. so you should probably do that specifically rather than just going to full quick-cast

I actually like normal cast :negative: One of those ~~dotes~~ things. There is only one spell for one hero in dota (meepo) that I use quick cast on.

Enigma89 fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Aug 30, 2018