Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Plus, if you're like me, it's just fun to take out your weird sub-optimal toys you don't usually use, like Cloud's BSBs or some weird niche underutilized character to chip in against something that with your normal teams would just be a yawnfest tank and spank like any other high-end content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
The Daily Draw rate change might have been stealth-implemented with today's maintenance...

Not sure why they wouldn't announce it unless it's being saved for the video, but it's worth pulling today if you don't normally.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what was the change again? it's like a 1/5 chance to get a 5* now?

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

what was the change again? it's like a 1/5 chance to get a 5* now?

JP rates:

Old Rates
6*: 0.001%
5*: 0.010%
4*: 0.100%
3*: 6.000%
2*: 19.999%
1*: 73.888%

New Rates
6*: 3.000%
5*: 11.200%
4*: 25.200%
3*: 30.200%
2*: 20.200%
1*: 10.200%

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
You must be joking ri....

:stare:

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Ripley posted:

The Daily Draw rate change might have been stealth-implemented with today's maintenance...

Not sure why they wouldn't announce it unless it's being saved for the video, but it's worth pulling today if you don't normally.

Ummm... yeah maybe. Just did this based on your advice and got Rinoa OSB.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Congrats you lot! Just another 2* here. :(

Generalissimo
Jun 13, 2003

saltylopez posted:

Ummm... yeah maybe. Just did this based on your advice and got Rinoa OSB.
My opinion of the daily draw will now shift from "Get rid of it" to "Move it to the top of the list".

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
What you get from the 5/6* pool is everything released to date, so what pops out of the rainbow/disco ball could be anything from a generic stat stick to a top tier USB.

The pools do get updated, I believe, after an event ends. Correct me if I’m wrong, of course.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

first new daily draw is a 6* dupe. lmao.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Ripley posted:

Dammit. I got a 5* and was about to post about how awesome it was and now I find out it wasn't that great. :sigh:

(it was just Laguna's SSB.)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I got a 2* :(

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean the thing with the people getting duds (myself included) is there's another pull in 24 hours, from now on. you'll get that first generation super soul break 5* soon enough!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Pulled expecting greatness; received a 4*, thread lies, voted 1

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Getting the improved daily draw several months ahead of JP relatively speaking is extremely cool.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
These are by far the best free daily draw rates I've ever seen in a gacha.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah, at these rates you can expect a free 5* every 9 days and a 6* once a month on average.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

this is the only gacha game i've ever played (unless you count overwatch) so by definition they are the worst draw rates i've ever seen in a gacha game

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I forgot that clearning out Book V opened up Dives for me. Time to spend the rest of today pouring over who needs what, and then not doing anything do to decision paralysis! :v:

Cowcaster posted:

this is the only gacha game i've ever played (unless you count overwatch) so by definition they are the worst draw rates i've ever seen in a gacha game

They are then also the best you have ever seen.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I got Kelgar’s LMR! I have nothing else for him, but hey, it was free.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Kheldarn posted:

I forgot that clearning out Book V opened up Dives for me. Time to spend the rest of today pouring over who needs what, and then not doing anything do to decision paralysis! :v:

They are then also the best you have ever seen.

3* dive people you have good relics for and don't stress much. High priority 4* dives are anyone you use who gets good new ability access, especially Cloud, Lightning, Red XIII, and Quistis, whose potential is greatly reliant on their dives (at least for now).

Essential Functionality:
Cloud: Spellblade 5
Lightning: Spellblade 5
Red XIII: Black 5
Quistis: Black 5, White 4

Expanded roles:
Maria: White 4
Luneth: Darkness 5, Spellblade 5, Support 4
Krile: Bard 4 (bard protectga/shellga, uses 3* motes because of an old bug)
Faris: Dancer 5
Celes: White 4
Strago: White 4
Eiko: Bard 5
Kimahri: Support 4
Shantotto: Darkness 4
Curilla: White 5
Noel: Thief 5
Alphinaud: White 5, Black 5 too but Hastega is the real get
Iris: Dancer 5

Other 4* Dives of Note:
Galuf: Equip Sword
Vaan: Equip Gun
Mustadio: A single 4* node gives him +12% machinist damage, +15% with a gun. (And +3 DEF.)
Other Machinists: Nodes like Mustadio's, but not as good.

Onion Knight:
Onion Knight: Have fun! Onion Motes are in the Greens shop for 3000 a piece; you'll eventually need 12. Onion Motes also show up in some FF3 events. BSB or any USB makes him worth the investment.

(This list is not exhaustive.)

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Ripley posted:

I pulled Agrias' OSB so...yea this is okay.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Daily draw ended up being Orlandeau OSB

....which would have been amazing if I didn't already have a +++ of it, but hey

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

It's another End of Month FFV event, which means there's some banners! Famed Mimic Gogo finally gets his USB and legend spheres. Krile moves into Earth! Faris swings into Thievery! Bartz readies his roadmap for four more USBs! Lenna even gets an instant cast USB at long last!
There's new things on both banners! Bartz USB3, Lenna USB3 and Glint, Faris USB4, Glint, and LMR2, Krile USB2, Glint 2, and LMR3 on banner 1. Gogo (V) USB, Glint, and LMR and Kelger AOSB, Glint, and LMR2 on banner 2.

Gogo (V) Legend Materia posted:

Gogo (V) LM1: +10% Water Damage
Gogo (V) LM2: 35% chance to Dualcast Water abilities
Gogo (V) LMR: Water Damage +25% with Rod equipped

Banner 1 posted:

Bartz's Man-Eater [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Wind/Water/Fire/Earth Overflow physical attacks
Krile's Beastmaster Model [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 20 single-target Fire summon magic attacks & single-target Fire Overflow summon magic attack

Bartz's Hammerhead [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, En-Wind & EX "Heart of Wind" to user
EX "Heart of Wind": After using Wind abilities, grants Quick Cast 1 to front-row members & chases with [1>5>15>1>5>15...] single-target Wind/NE physical attacks
Lenna's Holy Rod [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal, Regenga, minor Bar-Water & minor Bar-Ice to party, Instant Cast, Quick Cast to user
Faris's Hunting Bow [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 random Fire/Wind ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, ATK & DEF -50%, Thief Damage +30% & Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Thief abilities
Level 0: Single-target Fire/Wind ranged physical attack, Instant Cast
Level 1: 6 single-target Fire/Wind ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, DEF -30%
Level 2: 6 single-target Fire/Wind ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, DEF -40%
Level 3: 6 single-target Fire/Wind ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, DEF/RES/MND -70%

Krile's Earth Rod [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Earth/NE magic attacks, En-Earth, Quick Cast 1 & Inherited Heart to user
Inherited Heart: After using Earth abilities, Quick Cast 1 & chases with 4 single-target Earth/NE magic attacks, 5 hits if Galuf is in party

Bartz's Armguards [Glint, +10 ATK] - High Quick Spellblade & Spellblade Ability Boost, Instant Cast
Lenna's White Robe [Glint, +10 MND] - h55 heal to party, Instant Cast
Faris's Rune Armlet [Glint, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Wind/Fire ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, ATK & MAG -50%
Krile's Seraphim Mace [Glint, +10 MAG] - En-Earth, En-Earth Stack & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast

Faris's Longinus [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Thief abilities
Krile's Minerva Bustier [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Earth for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Bartz's Golden Shield+ [LMR, +10 ATK] - Spellblade Damage +25% with Sword equipped
Lenna's Laurel Crown [LMR, +10 MND] - When using White Magic abilities, 25% chance to cast h25 heal to party

Banner 2 posted:

Kelger's Organyx [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 20 single-target Earth physical attacks & single-target Earth Overflow physical attack

Galuf's Triton Hammer [CSB, +10 ATK] - Activates Earth Limit Chain (150) & 50% Earth Field, ATK +50% to party
Gilgamesh's Model [CSB, +10 ATK] - Activates Fire Limit Chain (150) & 50% Fire Field, ATK +50% to party

Famed Mimic Gogo's Sky Rod [USB, +10 MAG] - Last Stand & Haste to party, Instant Cast, En-Water & Dualcast Mimic 1 to user
Galuf's Godhand [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Earth/Fire physical attacks, Imperil Earth, ATK & RES +30%, Quick Cast 1 & Unwavering Spirit to user
Unwavering Spirit: Quick Cast 1 after using Earth attacks
Kelger's Sword [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, Ninja Ability Boost, Physical Blink 1 & Lupine Chase to user
Lupine Chase: After using Earth abilities, chases with 4/6/8 single-target Earth/Wind/NE physical attacks, amount of hits is dependent on number of Physical Blinks on user

Famed Mimic Gogo's Coat [Glint, +10 MAG] - En-Water, En-Water Stack & Mimic 1 to user, Instant Cast
Kelger's Hero Shield [Glint, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target Earth/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, En-Earth & En-Earth Stack to user

Galuf's Murasame [BSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Earth/Fire physical attacks, Imperil Earth, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Earth/Fire physical attacks
Defend -> 2 single-target Earth/Fire physical attacks, Critical = 50%

Gilgamesh's Conqueror [BSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, En-Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> Retaliate, activates As One Mode; Instant Cast 3, deactivates As One Mode
Defend -> 4 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, 5 hits under As One Mode

Famed Mimic Gogo's Power Rod [LMR, +10 MAG] - Water Damage +25% with Rod equipped
Kelger's Triton Dagger [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Earth for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Galuf's Lambent Hat [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Earth for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Kelger's Cloak [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Ninja abilities, 25% chance to grant user Physical Blink 1

Hogama fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Aug 30, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

If Bartz gets a full suite if enelement usbs that kind of really devaluates his usb1/2 I feel - especially if they are all going to be this good. I don’t mind, can take him off my list of contenders for the usb select draw. :)

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

What if, in addition to all his other crazy good poo poo, we turned Bartz into Marche, but with a chase?

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

That sure is some power creep, wow.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Might be him a one-off still. IIRC Wind is "his" elemental crystal in the original.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah that USB is hilarious.

I also like the Inherited Heart chase doing more hits if Galuf is in the party. Keep doing stuff like that. The next step will be tandem soul breaks like from Suikoden.

Edit: Didn't notice also that Gogo's USB is basically an improved Edge SSB (though you'd still want Edge for Ixion).

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Aug 30, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Might be him a one-off still. IIRC Wind is "his" elemental crystal in the original.

But also them leaving money on the table.

Overall I like the trend of characters going multyelemental. I expect Terra’s next!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Is it just be or are we in a bit of a content drought right now?

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
It's been a pretty slow week thanks to getting The Boys Are Back instead of a normal event, yeah.

It'll only pick up from here, at least - Type-0 this week, next week there's a new Torment for VI and the start of RoP, and we get another Torment with the much-hyped VIII banner the following week.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Oh the fest is at the end of september! Cool, mildly disappointed it's so close to VI and VIII torment releases, I want to pull so hard for both of those (I haven't looked if the banners are poo poo tho)

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Jp also had kingdom hearts about now, no? That would be the main event had we not gotten it early.

^ VIII is amazing but pretty much all on it repeats on another banner 6 months later.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 30, 2018

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I just like that elements is Bartz' thing. Well, the four main V ones anyway.

Also The Boys Are Back not only got that song stuck in my head, it also had quite a nice stack of 4* motes which was nice. And specific series teams was a neat gimmick.

e: also I broke all the Level 65 caps, hooray

McDragon fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 30, 2018

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

thanks daily draw

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
So from the new daily draw I've gotten 3 stars both times.

The same 3 star both times.

What are the chances of that?

MF_James
May 8, 2008

3* today, thread still lies, voted 1 again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

MarquiseMindfang posted:

So from the new daily draw I've gotten 3 stars both times.

The same 3 star both times.

What are the chances of that?

the chances might be better than you might think, do they ever add new sub-5* equipment to the game?