Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Z ? /
  /help
\ | lns

all in the convenience of one easy key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

i super fuckin love the idea of a halfboard, but the actual implementation involves shifting sides so many goddamn times it just gets too unwieldy, might as well be chording at that point

some text prediction software to avoid shifting all the goddamn time would be fuckin boss

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I can sort of see its use as a dedicated WASD gaming controller to bring to lan parties, but you'd have to be insane to want to do office work on that thing

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
when I had my apple adjustable I would use the separate numpad/function key unit with a mouse for fps, it ruled

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

r u ready to WALK posted:

I can sort of see its use as a dedicated WASD gaming controller to bring to lan parties, but you'd have to be insane to want to do office work on that thing

Or have one hand.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

r u ready to WALK posted:

get a kinesis freestyle pro/edge and tuck away the right half when you don’t need it

Salt Fish posted:

Or have one hand.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

what do you use the other hand for?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

what

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

BONGHITZ posted:

enjoying a cold, refreshing diet coke

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yg3s77nAMQ

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPUsTM4zfGU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

what a dweeb lord

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

he is a powerful genious, actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0tEgpMQn4I

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

akadajet posted:

what a dweeb lord

:getout:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i will not

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

BONGHITZ posted:

another half keyboard so you can hack twice as fast

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sniep posted:

get a leopold fc660c

this is a p. good selection for workplace use

Good small keyboards:

Leopold FC660C (not cheap)
vortex poker 3 (with MX clears from wasdkeyboards)
Vortex race 3 (my son, another keyboard... you will never need....)

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
This is the first truly nice keyboard I've ever purchased and I love it a lot. The keys change to aquamarine when you press them and fade back to purple. It's completely over the top in every way and it owns.

Corsair K70 w/ Cherry blue switches

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Terrible Robot posted:

This is the first truly nice keyboard I've ever purchased and I love it a lot. The keys change to aquamarine when you press them and fade back to purple. It's completely over the top in every way and it owns.

im glad you like your keybaord but also on the other hand lmao at that gaudy rear end keyboard

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Terrible Robot posted:

how're the third street saints doing these days anyways?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Terrible Robot posted:

if someone I worked with had this I'd report them to hr

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

if someone I worked with had this I'd report them to hr

Who the gently caress would bring this ridiculous thing to their job?

The entire point of this board was to be as over the top as possible.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its a good keyboard because it has all the keys instead of one of those garbage 10keyless or worse layouts. Are those e-elements caps cause I have those too and they're gr8.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Shaggar posted:

its a good keyboard because it has all the keys instead of one of those garbage 10keyless or worse layouts. Are those e-elements caps cause I have those too and they're gr8.

They're Redragon caps from Amazon, probably a copy of the E-elements or something. For the price I'm super happy with them.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B076Q1DC4Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Terrible Robot posted:

this whips rear end, gently caress the haters

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Terrible Robot posted:

They're Redragon caps from Amazon, probably a copy of the E-elements or something. For the price I'm super happy with them.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B076Q1DC4Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

yeah its all the same factory

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

if im just starting out what would you guys recommend for a keyboard and switches? im a naturally heavy typer

pram
Jun 10, 2001
cant go wrong with blues or browns

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

lol if you don't type with extreme prejudice

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

if you're a heavy typer you'll bottom out blues or browns, try a wasd v2 or code with clears

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

I'm a heavy typer but type lightly and much faster on blues. something about the feel

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

yeah in the end i went with a ducky one two w/ blues and i like the feel of the keys clicking even if i bottom out on them because i bottom out on normal keyboards anyway

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The concept of "bottoming out" and being a bad typing technique is completely invented by redditors and has no basis. I'm pretty sure that it makes gently caress all difference how hard you press the keys re if you get tendinitis or carpal tunnel.

I'm going to take it one step further and also assert that the concept was probably invented to blame victims of poo poo ergonomic layouts which are nearly universal in the mechanical keyboard world.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
isn’t “bottoming out” in ref: typing what happens when you Press The Keys? as is common in the activity of typing?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

brown or topre

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Sniep posted:

isn’t “bottoming out” in ref: typing what happens when you Press The Keys? as is common in the activity of typing?

from kinesis:

The Freestyle Pro utilizes the Cherry MX low-force tactile switch (brown stem). It is a semi-custom low force tactile design created in 1992 to Kinesis’ specifications. “Tactility” is a slightly elevated force around the midpoint of the key stroke which signals when the switch is about to be activated. A tactile response is preferred by many ergonomists because it can reduce the frequency of “bottoming out” the switch and reduce unnecessary impacts to your fingertips. The peak (tactile) force is ~55gm, following by an activation force of ~45 gm.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sniep posted:

yeah. some people can probably type to the activation point but idk if theres any benefit.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Silver Alicorn posted:

from kinesis:

The Freestyle Pro utilizes the Cherry MX low-force tactile switch (brown stem). It is a semi-custom low force tactile design created in 1992 to Kinesis’ specifications. “Tactility” is a slightly elevated force around the midpoint of the key stroke which signals when the switch is about to be activated. A tactile response is preferred by many ergonomists because it can reduce the frequency of “bottoming out” the switch and reduce unnecessary impacts to your fingertips. The peak (tactile) force is ~55gm, following by an activation force of ~45 gm.

In order to keep you fit and slim, we have developed a microcomputer controlled weight-reducing belt. It is a healthcare product, which has been sold both at home, and abroad for more than 6 years. Using strong permanent magnets and 8 kinks of vibrating modes it stimulates the desired part and helps in increasing muscle tone & weight reduction.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Sniep posted:

Well no, that’s just how you have to type to use most rubber dome keyboards. Most switches allow you to type more lightly.
Some switches increase the resistance towards the end of the way so it becomes very difficult to push the switch all the way while typing (mx clears for example).
Nobody knows if it’s more ergonomic or not, it’s just personal preference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
more like spergonomic