Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

T-man posted:

When you think about it, being a garbage person is a lot like performance art. :thunk:

Transgressive art is a thing I guess

There was that Chinese dude who hosed his "assistant" in public and his wife was just kinda okay with it, like "yeah whatever he's an artist, it's for his work".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Wheaton also never said poo poo his best friend Chris Hardwick, who recently was confirmed to not be losing his job, since he's apparently the only white male comedian capable of talking about zombies.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

trickybiscuits posted:

Kroger announces it will stop using plastic bags

This is a great move, I hated it when it first started in California but I love having bags that don't break when you sneeze on them. Now people in Scottsdale look at me funny when they bring them in but gently caress it, re-usable grocery bags are great.

*Spots a Donald Trump 2020 window sticker* Sigh, I should've stayed in LA.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

Wheaton also never said poo poo his best friend Chris Hardwick, who recently was confirmed to not be losing his job, since he's apparently the only white male comedian capable of talking about zombies.

Recently confirmed to not be losing his job after being cleared by an investigation.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Recently confirmed to not be losing his job after being cleared by an investigation.

And then multiple people including an exec-producer quit immediately.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Shut up, Wesley.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
An 'investigation' run by the finest of folks, such as 'that television executive who has everything to lose if chris is a shithead'. Truly, it was work done with real justice in mind.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
https://twitter.com/UgaritNoosphere/status/1034657108556316672

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

One of the boys works at a huge tech multinational and someone just hit reply-all to roughly 2000+ people. It instantly devolved into people taking the piss posting memes or links to their soundcloud etc. Everyone is getting hundreds of new emails a minute either from people joking or people asked to be taken off the list

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

What the loving what.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk posted:

One of the boys works at a huge tech multinational and someone just hit reply-all to roughly 2000+ people. It instantly devolved into people taking the piss posting memes or links to their soundcloud etc. Everyone is getting hundreds of new emails a minute either from people joking or people asked to be taken off the list

That sort of thing always cracks me up.

At an old job of mine someone sent their baby pics to our parent company mailing list - about 20k people - and crashed our mail servers.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

StrangersInTheNight posted:

An 'investigation' run by the finest of folks, such as 'that television executive who has everything to lose if chris is a shithead'. Truly, it was work done with real justice in mind.

Ugh, who ran the investigation? I’d have guessed it was HR + legal (possibly outside counsel), rather than someone close to Hardwick. Is the exec not credible?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

So i guess there's a Facebook group called "garfield is hot and i want to drink his cum."

The internet was a mistake

And yes I know it's supposed to be ironic!!

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Dixville posted:

And yes I know it's supposed to be ironic!!

I don't assume this anymore.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Ironically wanting to drink Garfield's cum is just as weird as unironically wanting to drink Garfield's cum

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

EmmyOk posted:

This happened once at my old university where the reply-all was for the entire student body distribution list. It was a loving nightmare.

It quickly devolved into most responses being "I, too, would like it known by everyone that I wish to be removed from the list" or somesuch, which was pretty entertaining.

IT made sure that reply-alls to the complete student list were no longer possible after that day.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

EmmyOk posted:

Oh poo poo that drives me bonkers

:byodood::byodame::byodood::byodame:SPAM IS BAD TAKE ME OFF THE LIST

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Subjunctive posted:

Ugh, who ran the investigation? I’d have guessed it was HR + legal (possibly outside counsel), rather than someone close to Hardwick. Is the exec not credible?

It was run by a law firm that also represents Hardwick's current in-laws. And the main reason they concluded the accusation wasn't credible was that Chloe Dykstra declined to involve herself. She said she never intended to ruin his career but only wanted to find closure for herself. Every dude on the internet says this is proof she's a liar out to destroy him.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Byzantine posted:

Sum of All Fears was a bit creepily prescient, given how mad people got in 2002 that it made the main badguys neo-Nazis instead of Arabs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIAhOBJlR0M

The newest comments on that video are Qanon people. I'm phone posting from work so I can't figure out what the connection is.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Dr Christmas posted:

The newest comments on that video are Qanon people. I'm phone posting from work so I can't figure out what the connection is.

Galaxy brain: Movies are based on real events

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1035078100256579584

British people don't wave flags or make eye contact, and apparently that's the Muslims' fault.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

No-one wants to make eye contact with religious people. I pass a church quite often just after service and I'm sure as gently caress not going to engage any of the nutsos.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
who the gently caress goes around just making eye contact with people on the street?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

thatbastardken posted:

who the gently caress goes around just making eye contact with people on the street?

Religious people, American tourists, and other wack-jobs?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Matt Walsh unexpectedly wading into the quagmire that is South American racial identity. Yes Matt, if you moved to South America, had a baby and raised your kid there, he would be latino, as well as white, and of American descent. He would have been culturally raised among other latinx folks and inevitably share their language, culture, and values.

What he's saying is he thinks latino = brown man who speaks Spanish, which is a super white simple-minded way to think of it, and he clearly doesn't grasp the difference between race and ethnicity.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Mind you, there are famously "no black people in Argentina".

TinTower has a new favorite as of 15:55 on Aug 30, 2018

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

TinTower posted:

British people don't wave flags or make eye contact, and apparently that's the Muslims' fault.
Hahaha this guy walks a major London road on a Friday and shakes his fist at an Alcohol Restricted Zone sign yelling "drat you, Islam"

just wait until it's night, mate, you'll be holding on to that sign for dear life

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

TinTower posted:

I’m visiting London and as an American it was kinda surprising at first at how how good people are ignoring others. As crowded as this place is I don’t blame them.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

As I understand it, interacting in any way with a stranger in the UK is considered a war crime

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Libs: "We need more women in power"

Also Libs:
https://twitter.com/kthalps/status/1034961041015406592?s=19

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/1035188300104048644

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Guys I went to London and everyone was wearing flowers on their lapel, my conclusion is that the hippies have taken over.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/1035155663142445056

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

It was run by a law firm that also represents Hardwick's current in-laws.

And the law firm reported to a television exec who had influence over the findings? That seems bad.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Feminists did this

https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1035196579924271105

zoux has a new favorite as of 17:06 on Aug 30, 2018

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
hey you non-racists are dumb if we fall off a cliff we’ll be just like the brown ppl oh no

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Subjunctive posted:

And the law firm reported to a television exec who had influence over the findings? That seems bad.

It's incredibly obvious it wasn't an investigation so much as AMC doing the least possible to cover their rear end PR wise.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Croatoan posted:

hey you non-racists are dumb if we fall off a cliff we’ll be just like the brown ppl oh no

How is this poo poo always artifacted to hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

zoux posted:

How is this poo poo always artifacted to hell

I'll bet there's a study to be done in determining how many times a meme like this gets re-saved as a screenshot in the course of its lifetime vs. how other memes travel through normal sharing mechanisms, and how that correlates to a) people who don't understand how phones work and b) right-wing boomer idiots, and the abstract on page 2 would be the circular venn diagram of the two