Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

How! posted:

What’s the lore reason for my guardian not picking up a fuckn shotgun for a year

resource management

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fuckin bungie messing with the director so the tower destination isn't under your cursor by default. I keep selecting earth. :negative:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Grew too fat from strength to be strong

Look it happens to the best of us

How!
Oct 29, 2009

I’ve been using the FWC kinetic sidearm to pretty good effect lately. Connection issues still mean a lot of trades, but crits give good damage.

Also Sweet Bidnis is amazing.

I thought Sweet Ride would be the new Hawksaw, but no

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got some Forsaken gauntlets that upgrade void resistance instead of masterwork and can't be reacquired through Collections, that's interesting. I also got Hardy's Helmet which I can't infuse anymore so it's just level 10 forever I guess. :v:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

Fuckin bungie messing with the director so the tower destination isn't under your cursor by default. I keep selecting earth. :negative:

It's so insanely bad and it's just another example of how weird their decision making is. 4 years of The Tower being in the middle but let's change it to the worst planet

Unless for some reason the EDZ is the core destination for the new expansion about the reef and the dreaming city. Then I take it all back

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bungie Problem: The Farm is completely non-utilized

Bungie Solution: The Farm is selected by default

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Roman posted:

Probably the best takedown of SBMM I've heard. And it even applies if you're not good at PVP

https://twitter.com/SayNoToRage/status/1025144534227931142

Mods please change thread title to Saucy Sharpshooter Steve

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

xzzy posted:

yeah and when you select a planet it doesn't default the cursor to center of the screen anymore either

like if you pick Titan or Mercury its waaaaaay off to the side away from all the fast travel points you actually, you know, need to select

I mean wtf.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

This is extremely helpful my PVP friends:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/9b9mpm/massive_breakdown_weapon_stats_spreadsheet_has/?st=JLG4VEFF&sh=43c526e5

Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_6zsM7kzvg0aUT8YtM_-Wg_5K1gKDOlrwfVzutEjq-s/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

The tl:dr in the Reddit post is helpful but I’ve found that good guns are:
Kinetic - multimach ccx smg, allied demand sidearm, sweet business, VW.
Energy: telesto is the best but inaugural address will be v good. Graviton lance now sucks.
Heavy: sins of the past still good, prospector, whatever.

There’s a lot to unpack in there but the spreadsheet is super easy to use and cross ref with your available inventories to get some good PvP weapons going. I think a kinetic smg with telesto or pulse rifle energy slot may be a good good option. A kinetic smg or sidearm with kill clip helps against the shotgun runners as you can counter them before they get in range.

Also sounds like suros regime may have a very fast ttk now. Which is weird because I hate that gun.

Also they make comment that resilience matters again. So pick some PvP armor and stack the poo poo out of resilience.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
also extremely helpful: that spreadsheet will mean mostly bupkis in 5 days

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

also extremely helpful: that spreadsheet will mean mostly bupkis in 5 days

Universe brain helpful: There are no new weapon archetypes save for the bow and there don't appear to be any new perks that meaningfully impact ttk or weapon impact

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Universe brain helpful: There are no new weapon archetypes save for the bow and there don't appear to be any new perks that meaningfully impact ttk or weapon impact

indeed but we're also getting all sorts of mods that the guns on that list won't take, so

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Legs Benedict posted:

indeed but we're also getting all sorts of mods that the guns on that list won't take, so

I'll finish your post for ya

"so it'll still be good to know which archetypes are strongest"

You're absolutely right about a big ol expansion coming out Tuesday tho

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

pvp is good and fun again

SBMM is poo poo, was poo poo, will always be poo poo, is eternally and forever the dumbest loving poo poo

Getting matched against players from Japan, good job Bungie.

CBMM only, ever

Some games you're a monster, some games you get poo poo on. Sometimes you're up against team stacks, sometimes you're up against lemmings with controllers. But your shots register. And you can have a good time while relaxing or tryharding.

I'm fine with SBMM in explicitly sweaty playlists, gently caress I'll even take it in IB, but keep it the gently caress out of my quickplay when I just want to dick off with stupid builds and play with my friends, not quaff a fine flagon of loving mountain redmonster spiked with adderall Every loving Match.

That's my Reddit post for the day. Bring on Forsaken, new perks on weapons and guns are awesome, hunting perfect guns is awesome, building broken pvp setups is awesome.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Insane Totoro posted:

Wrong canoe, pal.

Discord DM me your Bungie account link later so I can do the mod things that make the wayfinding happen.

This is me as well, I am also in Bigger Dumber Space Mans.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Score base matchmaking is doable with a queue system where you queue for it, and you continue whatever you are doing, and the game warm you when they have a Ok battle. Is not a perfect system, but on Destiny you would queue, then be collecting planetary materials or whatever.

Maybe include a warm-up mode, to allow add more people if somebody quits while loading the map.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You're absolutely right about a big ol expansion coming out Tuesday tho

Wait hold on a sec - there's an expansion coming out??

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Wait hold on a sec - there's an expansion coming out??

Yeah man! And get this, it might even be good! :monocle:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Maybe what they are going to release tuestday is only 1/4 of what they have show in videos. Maybe.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

victrix posted:

SBMM is poo poo, was poo poo, will always be poo poo, is eternally and forever the dumbest loving poo poo

Getting matched against players from Japan, good job Bungie.

CBMM only, ever

:yeah:

I don't care if I lose, I care if I lose because I threw a grenade and sudden it's five feet to my left, the guy I threw it at is two seconds behind where he was, and I'm already dead.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Are the daily play numbers still verboten? Would love to see how badly they have pooch screwed pvp

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Haven't played since the new weapons changes so I assume it's shotgun bullshit all the time again.

*sighs as he draws his katana Rifled Matador 64*

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Decided to play some comp. Whole team got DDOSed or something similar, on our very first game.

Check their game history and they had done this 15 games in a row. Great. Just great.

3rd time this has happened in D2, in a very obvious fashion (not just 1 person dropping from bad connection or whatever).

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

CheeseFactory posted:

Decided to play some comp. Whole team got DDOSed or something similar, on our very first game.

Check their game history and they had done this 15 games in a row. Great. Just great.

3rd time this has happened in D2, in a very obvious fashion (not just 1 person dropping from bad connection or whatever).

This has been going on for well over a month now. The fact that you just encountered it is pretty funny.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They really want to be sure they win that fabulous reward for being the best in a destiny playlist. Gonna set them up for life.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

xzzy posted:

They really want to be sure they win that fabulous reward for being the best in a destiny playlist.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

They really want to be sure they win that fabulous reward for being the best in a destiny playlist. Gonna set them up for life.

Uh, didn't you hear, D2 is all about esports. Cheating and p2p connections are just part and parcel of playing destiny cru cru

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

PathAsc posted:

This has been going on for well over a month now. The fact that you just encountered it is pretty funny.

I haven't been playing comp!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Pretty cool that sniper body damage was changed to be almost nothing in connection with the move out of the power slot, what with snipers being unable to crit shielded enemies like in D1.

Love that theres a green ammo weapon that's useless against stronger enemies.

Just release an expansion for D1 lol

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Destiny getting the best developers in Seattle that $40k can buy

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Roman posted:

Probably the best takedown of SBMM I've heard. And it even applies if you're not good at PVP

https://twitter.com/SayNoToRage/status/1025144534227931142

In the parlance of old: I need n00bs to pwn.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I don't care if I own or get owned, I just don't want people to be teleporting all the place because of bad connections

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

I don't care if I own or get owned, I just don't want people to be teleporting all the place because of bad connections

I shield bashed through several people last night

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The Playstation exclusive stuff. PS4 gets the void trace rifle.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08/30/destiny-2-forsaken-playstation-exclusive-content-detailed/

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Ohh snap lol

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

They should stop doing this, imo. Time to work togueter.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Can't wait to turn my titan into the guy from Appleseed

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Insane Totoro posted:

Wrong canoe, pal.

Discord DM me your Bungie account link later so I can do the mod things that make the wayfinding happen.

I'm probably the last person alive in KINK or Big Diehard Sax Machines and would love a new active place to do space things in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Loving that hunter vagina helmet. Holy poo poo