Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

DoombatINC posted:

Wraith variants of the Grinlok and Kraken - as is my hope for everything at every waking moment

:yeah: One of these days my chunky double shot handcannon will rise up and overthrow our Lex and Marelok overlords!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for the new player advice earlier. I just started the other day and I'm already in love and wishing I had tried it sooner.

I was actually happy enough that I was probably going to buy one of the $20 PS4 packs anyway, so I'll use the 50% off on Mesa and save the rest for slots/potatoes/better things. PS+ gave me a free Akmagnus when I started and I fell in love with twin pistols so I might as well go all the way. The no-melee condition for her though is a bit sad as I also love swinging swords around. Other than Excalibur, are there any relatively early game melee-focused frames I could work towards? Right now that only frames that I have partial blueprints for are Gara, Oberon, and Rhino.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Cinnamon Bear posted:

The no-melee condition for her though is a bit sad as I also love swinging swords around.
You can just ignore that part if you want, you know.

Or you can lean into the melee life with Valkyr instead. Parts drop from the Jupiter boss.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The no melee condition on Mesa gives her 50 extra health, this never scales. It isn't worth it.

Melee frames are frames that can sit in a group of enemies and take the damage, or buff out their melee damage. Rhino is great because of Iron Skin and the damage bonus from Roar. Volt's speed increases attack speed. Loki and Octavia get large bonuses to melee just from being invisible all the time. And as Helter mentioned Valkyr is available fairly early on, her warcry buffs your attack speed and slows enemies, there is an augment to extend it's duration per enemy killed with it active, it's buff can be applied to teammates, and her 4 is essentially 'become a more invincible version of Wolverine.'

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Aug 30, 2018

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I finally tested zephyr on the plains, heres some first impressions:

Is had good as everyone say, and then more. A key element is that the power the send you flying is very cheap, and syngergize with the passive that make you very floaty. You can traverse very long distances without wasting more than 20% of your energy.
It feel natural to move around. More than archwings or titania fly style. Titania is kind of a attack chopper, where Zephy is a fighter bomber.
Zephyr kit is good. Many frames have a kit that don't make all that much sense, or overlap. Zephyr kit is complete.
Is not one of these weak frames that die at the first sneeze. Maybe is not the frame itself, but the fact you are up there shooting fools.

I know everyone say zephyr is the best for the plains, but testing it myself was kind of shocking. Maybe I wanted it to be a tiny bit flawed, to excuse using Titania, but is not the case.

Tei fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Aug 30, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Other than Excalibur, are there any relatively early game melee-focused frames I could work towards? Right now that only frames that I have partial blueprints for are Gara, Oberon, and Rhino.
You could pick up Nezha from the dojo and pair him with Guandao, also from the dojo. Guandao is a polearm that's crazy fun with the Shimmering Blight stance and builds well for crit, and Nezha's abilities are all pretty melee focussed.

1 leaves a trail of fire that burns nearby opponents and sears teammates eyeballs off if you set it to bright pink. 2 is a ranged attack that lets you teleport to melee range and now has a decent augment if you fire it at groups. 3 is temporary invulnerability which works off your armour stat (which is terrible) & ability strength (which you should max out), but is not as good as Rhino's Iron Skin (but still OKish). 4 holds everything in place on ghost spears so you can stab it.

Most importantly though, his passive gives you a faster slide with less friction, so he really benefits from armoured agility - it boosts run speed (on which his slide speed is based), and armour (on which his 3 is based). Slap that on, and delight as the zippy boi goes through levels like a loving rocket.

His major weakness is that you can't refresh his 3, and your health and shields are relatively terrible so you have to watch it like a hawk and run away the second it wears out. Also I think Guandao is a bit expensive to build though, I don't remember.

E: Gallium & Oxium might be a problem, but you don't need a huge amount compared to some other stuff.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Aug 30, 2018

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Malkof posted:

Any of the Red Veil weapons worth getting besides for MR fodder? I have enough to get one but I plan on tanking my rep with them to level up Suda/Harbs.

Rakta Cernos is the best sortie bow.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

3 is temporary invulnerability which works off your armour stat (which is terrible)

He has literally 15 less armor than base Rhino.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

ElegantFugue posted:

He has literally 15 less armor than base Rhino.
And 100 less than Rhino Prime, which I assume is what most people will be comparing to (whether that's fair or not). Rhino can also boost his own armor to a pretty absurd degree with Ironclad Charge.

Nezha's very good, but not quite Rhino levels of tough.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nezha isn't as tanky as rhino, but when you are slip and sliding back and forth at super speed in a big room he doesn't need to be because nothing can hit him.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Huh. Well colour me surprised then.

Nezha still has huge survivability problems given that his health & shield are so low, and that his halo is not renewable so it can easily run out whole you've hot a nox or bombard on your case.

But on the matter of armour, I stand corrected.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nezha honestly kind of sucks if you try to use him as rhino-lite. either go all in on slippery boi builds or build for his 4.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Last time I used him was as a plains gun platform. With Rush & Armoured Agility I could nearly keep up with Volt.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Other reasons the left side is more popular: iirc there was a long while where the only syndicate weapons were secondaries, and the synoid gammacor kind of blew everything else out of the water (the energy proc was especially valuable before focus was added). Also it had the Vaykor Marelok which is a decent high powered pistol that has a cool animation.

The primaries and melee weapons were added later, which balanced things out a bit more.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Solution to survivability issues: just play Trinity! :sparkles:

Also man I really need to get a Medi-Ray

Just want to throw this out there, I feel like trinity is the most overpowered character in this game and probably one of the most overpowered healer characters I've ever played in a game, her only downside is no offensive ability and her 1 is "just" a 20 second single target stun that's mostly used for easily scanning targets.

If your ever in a situation in this game where never having to worry about anyone's health and energy is good, trinity will fit in, forget about needing to dodge, just stand in the middle of 30 level 100 enemies and casually aim at their heads while you and your team stand still.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Aug 30, 2018

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Just want to throw this out there, I feel like trinity is the most overpowered character in this game and probably one of the most overpowered healer characters I've ever played in a game, her only downside is no offensive ability and her 1 is "just" a 20 second single target stun that's mostly used for easily scanning targets.

If your ever in a situation in this game where never having to worry about anyone's health and energy is good, trinity will fit in, forget about needing to dodge, just stand in the middle of 30 level 100 enemies and casually aim at their heads while you and your team stand still.

funny, the "two games" theory rears it's head again, I got Trinity Prime from the twitch thing for free, and she is terrible for survivability :v:

uh also why would you need a stun for scans? those blue energy things don't move?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Nezha is my frame of choice for sortie rescue missions. 3 gives enough protection to make it to the prison without worrying above taking a few hits, if you do get bogged down 4 can clear a path, 2 can be used for shortcut teleporting, and he's fast enough to be back at extraction in moments.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Eventually you get access to a special scanner and bonus objectives that want you to scan a particular enemy like 4 times on different spots of its body.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
How about that Wukong?

Anyone?

No?

:(

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

funny, the "two games" theory rears it's head again, I got Trinity Prime from the twitch thing for free, and she is terrible for survivability :v:

uh also why would you need a stun for scans? those blue energy things don't move?

He is probably talking about Trinity's 3 and 4. Her 3 takes around 90% of damage and just negates it and also transfer it to any other nearby enemies. Her 4 also can give 75% damage reduction on top of that while also refilling your health and shields. With both active you really have to try to get downed. And you don't really need to care about energy cause her 2 is literally energy at a button press. She was from a time where she was the only support frame, and the future of warframe was uncertain.

Simaris in the relays has scan targets that are special enemies with 3 to 4 points on their body you need to scan. Obviously it's harder to scan a moving and shooting target.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah Trinity's 2 is infinite energy, her 3 means she takes no damage and her 4 is infinite health and shields which she can always cast because of 2.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

This is nerfed Trin. Used to be a Bless Trinity could give you 99% Damage Resist and it had infinite range and lasted forever.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

Learn how to get kuva / rivens.
Learn about amps / harvesting plains resources.
Get out of using the mote amp as soon as possible.
Level everything that isnt mastered.

Thank you! :angel:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So...I just mercykilled an child so I could throw my shields at people.

And now Nyarlathotep is living in my head.

That uh, about the long and short of Harrow?

BTW am I supposed to have found something to make my Operator Mode attacks not suck by now? Because that last fight was all kinds of annoying.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.
Thanks for the invite last night. I jumped into this about a week ago while Destiny 2 is in limbo before expansion. I'm having fun, but after reading a few things it appears not having a clan pretty much kneecaps you for a lot of things. I am sure once I figure everything in the game out I will be much better off, but for now I am just trying to figure all the different screens and things I can do now. I should have Rhino done in about 2 days and Gara right after. Just waiting on that 50-75% coupon to snag some plat for slots.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Flytrap posted:

So...I just mercykilled an child so I could throw my shields at people.

And now Nyarlathotep is living in my head.

That uh, about the long and short of Harrow?

BTW am I supposed to have found something to make my Operator Mode attacks not suck by now? Because that last fight was all kinds of annoying.

He was in your head before already(see end of TWW), it's just that you killed the one guy who was keeping The Man at bay.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Infected posted:

He was in your head before already(see end of TWW), it's just that you killed the one guy who was keeping The Man at bay.

Oh poo poo, that's right, he called me Kiddo.

gently caress, I just killed the doorman keeping the Elder Gods out of my apartment and away from my snacks.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Get the right mods on her, with just basic intensity her blessing goes to 100% heal on a 0 second cooldown with 72% damage reduction, bump up duration and that damage reduction lasts almost 20 seconds, bump up expertise and that 100 energy bless costs around 23, if you want to feel really immortal run around with a rage mod on so you never, ever run out of energy to bless if your being hit, your 3 also makes you status immune so long as a enemy is nearby to transfer the status to it.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

You can scan moving enemies too, comes in handy for the kavats in the derelict.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Is there any explanation for why there ARE so many Kavats in the derelict?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Broose posted:

He is probably talking about Trinity's 3 and 4. Her 3 takes around 90% of damage and just negates it and also transfer it to any other nearby enemies. Her 4 also can give 75% damage reduction on top of that while also refilling your health and shields. With both active you really have to try to get downed. And you don't really need to care about energy cause her 2 is literally energy at a button press. She was from a time where she was the only support frame, and the future of warframe was uncertain.

Simaris in the relays has scan targets that are special enemies with 3 to 4 points on their body you need to scan. Obviously it's harder to scan a moving and shooting target.

I had a crawler as a target and there were still scan nodes on its non existent legs dangling below ground. It was funny as hell.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Dravs posted:

Is there any explanation for why there ARE so many Kavats in the derelict?

Kavats apparently give 0 fucks about The Infection and can eat that poo poo like kibble. So they're kind of lacking in competition and surrounded with food.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Tei posted:

I finally tested zephyr on the plains, heres some first impressions:

Is had good as everyone say, and then more. A key element is that the power the send you flying is very cheap, and syngergize with the passive that make you very floaty. You can traverse very long distances without wasting more than 20% of your energy.
It feel natural to move around. More than archwings or titania fly style. Titania is kind of a attack chopper, where Zephy is a fighter bomber.
Zephyr kit is good. Many frames have a kit that don't make all that much sense, or overlap. Zephyr kit is complete.
Is not one of these weak frames that die at the first sneeze. Maybe is not the frame itself, but the fact you are up there shooting fools.

I know everyone say zephyr is the best for the plains, but testing it myself was kind of shocking. Maybe I wanted it to be a tiny bit flawed, to excuse using Titania, but is not the case.

I'll second (third?) this. Duration zephyr makes Plains bounties actually fun.

Best part, your superman-style flight ability is discounted 50% if cast while airborne, so you can chain cast dirt cheap.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Alright, I could use a little help with Kavat breeding - here's my issue.

I've got one baller Adarza kavat - good color, ball ears, leaf tail, looks awesome. Thanks to the donation of an extremely generous goon, I bred a second kavat tonight, which turned out to be an ugly-rear end smeeta. So, I've got a great-looking adarza, and a pug-fugly smeeta - How can I go about getting a smeeta that doesn't have the smushed-in persian face?

I could imprint both of them, and breed a new kavat by combining the two, but there's basically a 50/50 chance that it'll still be fugly, and a 50/50 chance that it won't be a smeeta, so am I better off just rolling the dice on a fresh kavat? Worst case scenario is I get an ugly Adarza out of it. Should I scour the market for another smeeta imprint, and hope that the better head wins out?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

McKilligan posted:

'Sup, Astilla Riven buddy? One thing I've found that makes the Astilla really shine is punch-through. It's splash damage can be partially blocked by whatever it hits, so if you shoot the first target in a column of enemies, that first enemy is the only one that will take damage. Now, if you put a hole in him and make the slug explode on his friend BEHIND him, well! Now you're in business. Plus, if you've got that extra crit (cirt chance or crit damage?), go ahead and slap Hunter Munitions in there any anything that isn't killed by the initial volley will bleed out shortly after.

It's crit chance. I'm probably going to follow your advice and get some punch through on it. It seems pretty nice.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

McKilligan posted:

Alright, I could use a little help with Kavat breeding - here's my issue.

I've got one baller Adarza kavat - good color, ball ears, leaf tail, looks awesome. Thanks to the donation of an extremely generous goon, I bred a second kavat tonight, which turned out to be an ugly-rear end smeeta. So, I've got a great-looking adarza, and a pug-fugly smeeta - How can I go about getting a smeeta that doesn't have the smushed-in persian face?

I could imprint both of them, and breed a new kavat by combining the two, but there's basically a 50/50 chance that it'll still be fugly, and a 50/50 chance that it won't be a smeeta, so am I better off just rolling the dice on a fresh kavat? Worst case scenario is I get an ugly Adarza out of it. Should I scour the market for another smeeta imprint, and hope that the better head wins out?

The only sure way to get what you want is buy a pair of imprints from a good looking Smeeta kavat and guarantee the outcome you want.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
:rip: Revenant, DE has got no clue.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
what'd they do

I assume a patch came out and you aren't just throwing that out there without any context

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Psion posted:

what'd they do

I assume a patch came out and you aren't just throwing that out there without any context

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/9bl070/mask_of_the_revenant_update_2360/?st=jlgt51b8&sh=025c051e

quote:

Enthrall cap for thralled enemies increased from 4 to 7.
Developer Note: We listened to the feedback that 4 was too few, so we’ve buffed the number to match Nekros’ max Shadows.

Danse Macabre energy cost increased from 12.5 to 20 energy per second.
Developer Note: In keeping with changes we've made to Warframes in the past to deter from the "set it and forget" approach, we have increased the energy per second on Danse Macabre. We are hoping that with Enthrall's cap increase you can benefit from more overshield pickups with Danse Macabre. We’re always looking to iterate on your feedback, please leave yours in the dedicated Revenant feedback megathread!

So they gave him 3 more killable minions and significantly upped the drain on his nuke. But it's okay, you'll get more shields now! :v:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that's literally not even a problem unless you're a dunce and using blind rage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I wish they'd raised damage a little alongside it. Being able to turn on danse and spin2win through an entire Onslaught wave was dumb, but the lack of scaling at higher levels also felt dumb. this doesn't really fix both.