Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

MisterBibs posted:

My Fitbit's inner heart rate monitor has decided, at least a couple times this week, that my heart is racing. I'd be worried that my heart was actually racing, except that each of the times its done this is when I've had the thing off my wrist to shower/etc.

I leave mine in my locker at work since I work with food and we’re not allowed watches etc., and I’ve noticed it sometimes picks up a heart rate somehow while it’s in there. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

The Mighty Moltres posted:

lol just go to any vending machine and get a can of the exact same kind of pop for the same amount of money. Unless you like your drinks watered down and dispensed from a nozzle that hasn't been cleaned in months if you're lucky.

I wanted 2 unsweetened iced teas and it was like 1 am so all the grocery stores were closed and vending machines don’t carry unsweetened iced teas, and also where am I supposed to find a vending machine?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Butt Detective posted:

I leave mine in my locker at work since I work with food and we’re not allowed watches etc., and I’ve noticed it sometimes picks up a heart rate somehow while it’s in there. :tinfoil:

Ghosts.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Thin Privilege posted:

I wanted 2 unsweetened iced teas and it was like 1 am so all the grocery stores were closed and vending machines don’t carry unsweetened iced teas, and also where am I supposed to find a vending machine?

Many gas stations are open 24 hours, and carry a wide variety of beverages.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Nearly at the one month mark after this job posting went down without hearing any updates

If I didnt get the job it would update me, so that's good, but like everyone in HR went on vacation right as the posting closed and it's just been sitting there

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

If you are smart and get "no ice", it's $2.00 plus tax for 64 oz of tea at McDonald's. You'd pay three or four times that a gas station.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Danaru posted:

Nearly at the one month mark after this job posting went down without hearing any updates

If I didnt get the job it would update me, so that's good, but like everyone in HR went on vacation right as the posting closed and it's just been sitting there

I haaaaate that.
I have around 10 jobs in permanent limbo because I made the list but they never closed out the listing.

Maybe they are taking four years to decide?!

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
I cracked my phone screen for the first time in my 8 year history of owning smart phones. :( At least I can get it fixed fairly easily, but I have to wait until Saturday.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Thin Privilege posted:

I'm a loving manager

Thin Privilege posted:

You stuuuupiiiidd bitch.

Thin Privilege posted:

I got out of my car, yelled at her

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Please tell me more about how you totally owned those fast food employees :allears:

Did they cry? They probably cried.

The Mighty Moltres has a new favorite as of 21:54 on Aug 30, 2018

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
I have moved to France.

I was not prepared to move to France.

I do not speak French,

This may have been a mistake.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

I have moved to France.

I do not speak French,

Just tell everyone j'ne parle pas français; je parle anglais until someone nods and starts talking english.
I don't know how to do a c cedilla on this keyboard.
Edit: never mind

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Please tell me more about how you totally owned those fast food employees :allears:

Did they cry? They probably cried.

Did you even read what I posted? I yelled at some moron holding up the line, not the employee, for the rear end in a top hat holding up the line for over 10 minutes complaining about bullshit with people driving off and I told the manager something like “I’m a manager too, sorry man.”

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 23:40 on Aug 30, 2018

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Thin Privilege posted:

Did you even read what I posted? I yelled at some moron holding up the line, not the employee, for the rear end in a top hat holding up the line for over 10 minutes complaining about bullshit with people driving off and I told the manager something like “I’m a manager too, sorry man.”

Thin Privilege posted:

she’s about to cost the store about 10 customers so

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, maybe you've worded it wrong. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you just got out of your car and yelled at some other customer.
So tell me, please, what the gently caress gives you that right? Maybe that person was given a cheeseburger when they specifically told the employees that they are lactose intolerant. Maybe they were given a beef burger, but they cannot eat red meat and that's why they ordered chicken.
What makes your loving dollar drink so much more important than that person's order? So important that you feel the need to yell at that other person?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, maybe you've worded it wrong. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you just got out of your car and yelled at some other customer.
So tell me, please, what the gently caress gives you that right? Maybe that person was given a cheeseburger when they specifically told the employees that they are lactose intolerant. Maybe they were given a beef burger, but they cannot eat red meat and that's why they ordered chicken.
What makes your loving dollar drink so much more important than that person's order? So important that you feel the need to yell at that other person?

The lady held up the line *e:have to add she was yelling for over ten minutes—and I assume more cause I peeled out at 13 min—and had no receipt or food to prove her order was wrong. And $100, since others were peeling out too, on that type of late-rear end night shift (depending on location but def. here) is a ton of money. It’s not a corporate owned store, so it affects the person who owns the place directly.

You’re right, I definitely worded it wrong. And used too many curse words.

Same edit: at my store (not McDonald’s) I would have have just given her some free food to get her screaming face away but due to what happened it’s pretty much certain to me that the corporate or franchise policy is to not allow giving free food without a receipt or food.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 01:57 on Aug 31, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Actually that is another first world problem related to that: food cost. You’re only allowed to purchased food from certain companies. So while you can get lettuce at 2$/lb across the street you can only buy it at $10/lb from AssholeEnterprisesInc because Corporate said so, even if you’re a franchisee you have no choice except AEI.

Summary: gently caress corporations, and gently caress rear end in a top hat customers who yell at minimum wage employees.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 02:11 on Aug 31, 2018

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

I have moved to France.

I do not speak French,

Burma-Shave!

Is it a first world problem that I am annoyed at having to take the train to work because I locked my keys in my apartment? I work for my landlord, so I can easily get keys, but it's super annoying and inconvenient.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Thin Privilege posted:

The lady held up the line *e:have to add she was yelling for over ten minutes—and I assume more cause I peeled out at 13 min—and had no receipt or food to prove her order was wrong. And $100, since others were peeling out too, on that type of late-rear end night shift (depending on location but def. here) is a ton of money. It’s not a corporate owned store, so it affects the person who owns the place directly.

You’re right, I definitely worded it wrong. And used too many curse words.

Same edit: at my store (not McDonald’s) I would have have just given her some free food to get her screaming face away but due to what happened it’s pretty much certain to me that the corporate or franchise policy is to not allow giving free food without a receipt or food.

When I worked at a carry-out food place, the managers all had their own opinions, but the owner was "you're unhappy? this order is free and so is your next one" that normally calmed people right the gently caress down.

Except that one time a person found a dead mosquito on their food. No coming back from that. It was a fluke and probably not even our fault, but it was disgusting. It ended with a "is there anything I can do that would make up for this and keep you as a return customer?" "Nope" "Well, here's your money back and have a nice day."

Capitalism is the ultimate first world problem.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I didn't have anything to eat until 3 PM and only drank coffee so I was cranky and restless for most of the day. Then I ate fast food for lunch and now I feel bloated and tired.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
My new job is a pretty easy gig, where they basically pay me to stand there and look nice and greet people and drink all of the tea in the break room. Unfortunately it's also really painful to just stand in one spot forever, and nearly every muscle in my body is sore today because I'm a loving goon. I'm also working at a huge nerd convention this weekend that I signed up for while unemployed and depressed and desperate for work. Kill me.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

When I search for "My favorite teacher eats pickles during an eclipse" all of the results are ASMR stuff.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My mom thought it was cute to feed the new kitten bread. Little chunks. So now Koi, an adult cat, leaps on the counter and rips open any bread bags you leave out. And pretty much anything else. And she has trained the other cats to do it too.

Not so cute now, is it, bitch?

edit: I was asked to stay late by an hour at work today, and declined. Now I feel bad because someone else had to stay late instead.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 05:45 on Sep 1, 2018

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

I have moved to France.

I do not speak French,

Don’t worry. I’ve got you covered: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mD9i39GENWU

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

burial posted:

Don’t worry. I’ve got you covered: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mD9i39GENWU

Holy poo poo it's Muzzy!

New FWP: I am overcome with muzzy-related nostalgia

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Holy poo poo it's Muzzy!

We all are, I think. We all are all of the time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bees on Wheat posted:

My new job is a pretty easy gig, where they basically pay me to stand there and look nice and greet people and drink all of the tea in the break room. Unfortunately it's also really painful to just stand in one spot forever, and nearly every muscle in my body is sore today because I'm a loving goon. I'm also working at a huge nerd convention this weekend that I signed up for while unemployed and depressed and desperate for work. Kill me.

Get some of those nurse shoes.
Ugly as sin but drat they are comfy.

Or Crocs, if you have no shame whatsoever.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Holy poo poo it's Muzzy!

Yes, that's French they're speaking, but those children aren't French, they're American.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I wanted Muzzy videos growing up because I thought it'd be cool to learn other languages. I guess nobody agreed with me because I never got them. C'est la vie.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I was subjected to the muzzie film upwards of 20 times and I retained absolutely nothing language wise from it. Muzzy being an alien who feeds on clocks and the main plot is actually very, very little to do with Muzzy at all and mostly about a vespa owner searching for love and defeating a clone army is all I remember.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Hold up. I thought the Muzzy movie was a half hallucination/half fever dream I had as a kid. I honestly don't think I've heard of Muzzy before today, but reading the description of it...that's it. And now that I'm dwelling on it, I remember it being in Spanish? I am so weirded out right now. Memory is insane.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

This is the best derail, if derail it be, ever and I am proud. I never actually saw Muzzy, but the commercial is burned into my brain.

It ate clocks? There was a vespa? There were clones? Tell me everything.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

The vespa dude was a gardener at the royal palace, he has a thing going on with the princess between her ballet lessons, the army arrest him on the orders of the platonic ideal of a creepy evil cartoon villain.

In the joint he shares a cell with a giant green alien who crash-landed nearby and who eats clocks. They make a daring escape and save the day.... somehow? I don't remember the end.

On the way there's unnecessary discussion of numbers, the weather, various verbs and their conjugations etc, so you learn [LANGUAGE]. I just watched it in English, which may be partially responsible for my current predicament.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNttGyxChRs

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
All this Muzzy talk reminded me of how we used to watch it in German class in high school, so I went to find the German version. Apparently in the past few years they remade it?

https://youtu.be/y3fzeMKRkzw

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

The vespa dude was a gardener at the royal palace, he has a thing going on with the princess between her ballet lessons, the army arrest him on the orders of the platonic ideal of a creepy evil cartoon villain.

In the joint he shares a cell with a giant green alien who crash-landed nearby and who eats clocks. They make a daring escape and save the day.... somehow? I don't remember the end.

On the way there's unnecessary discussion of numbers, the weather, various verbs and their conjugations etc, so you learn [LANGUAGE]. I just watched it in English, which may be partially responsible for my current predicament.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNttGyxChRs

This is almost too good. What in the living gently caress.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

burial posted:

This is almost too good. What in the living gently caress.

The evil villain builds a cloning machine and uses it to copy the princess because why not and the vespa riding hero finds the real princess in a hedge maze and at the end Muzzy just kind of trundles in to destroy the clones and cloning machine which surely solved the succession crisis but raises a lot of ethical questions. Then he leaves never to return.

The most mindlowing thing to me is it was a BBC production and intended to teach English. The remake is whatever.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

There was also apparently a sequel where the same dude tries to kidnap the child of the gardener and princess some years later

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am an alcoholic but I have been sober for almost two months, which has been great. But the void left behind has become instead taking pain killers or basically anything available such as computer duster, muscle relaxers, abusing my other psychiatric prescriptions like gabapentin, chainsmoking, whatever. I live a very isolated life and these things bring me what little comfort I can find. Getting somewhat high is secondary to the actual act of just doing something.

My other FWP has been also being incredibly thirsty to the point that I drink so much water it makes me puke it all back up, making me again incredibly thirsty. Repeat repeat repeat.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Just get some weed

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Way ahead of you, it goes without speaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
How is my new off-brand Chinese watch know when I’m sleeping and when I’m not? It’s not 100% accurate but it’s creepily 98-99% accurate. The heart rate is also extremely accurate cause I have an expensive blood pressure/heart rate monitor cuff and the watch is only off by like 2 bpm on average. I’m scared you guys.

This doesn’t even include the steps I take throughout the day. I’m on my feet all day, how does it know??? I know it’s gps but I’m scared.

E: my favorite cat came by (yeah I know I shouldn’t have favorites) and the thing told me my heart rate went down :ohdear:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 00:11 on Sep 4, 2018