Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Infinitum posted:

Is that a Venomized Ghost-Rider Hulk?

You already know the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Phy posted:

Lol it's fuckin' D-FENS from Falling Down

Id actually like to think thats dilbert.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Infinitum posted:

Yes. Yes it is.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Infinitum posted:

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
His fault for getting jughead horny for the burg

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

TwoPair posted:

That's Alejandra,

it's double weird, because I'm pretty sure that's 616/maskless/Non-Ghost-Racers Alejandra on the slightly farther left (directly behind the little guy) (unless someone else wore leather pants and one huge pauldron like that)

something something going to Hell and meeting yourself

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Keeshhound posted:

He's also skirting the uncanny valley pretty hard.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Black panther there really needs a Jason Statham codpiece to complete the mirror-imaging.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lex is wearing the same suit as that salesman from the Monkey Island games.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If I remember correctly that's another classic 2000AD future death sport and the panther has a transplanted human brain because future death sports.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

ecavalli posted:

Is that Mortal Kombat ninja mainstay Scorpion

TwoPair posted:

That's Alejandra,

I'm confused.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yes, they are both Alejandra. Pauldron is 616, Scorpion is Secret Wars.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's... confusing. if blaze brought in the multiversal ghost riders you'd expect it to be a larger crowd.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So is there just one hell for the entire multiverse then?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If there are multihells, is there a hell where it isn't?

:thunk:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Skwirl posted:

Lex is wearing the same suit as that salesman from the Monkey Island games.

He literally is. That's amazing.

(the suit is greener in Curse of Monkey Island but this was the best gif I found with a quick google)

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Perspective incorrect texturing isn't really something that is unique to Stan's jacket. Still, he's the most famous example of it that comes to mind probably.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Rhyno posted:

According to Earth X, yes actually. They make it pretty clear there's only one Mephisto in the multiverse as well.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

TwoPair posted:

That's Alejandra, a woman who had the spirit of vengeance incredibly briefly in a run of GR that was pretty mediocre and no one cared about.* During her actual run she looked pretty much like the Blaze Ghost Rider, but when she showed up in the earlier mentioned Ghost Racers series in Secret Wars they had to give her a different look so that mask look was what they decided on.

*her tenure as GR is pretty much only remembered as being part of a team up story between Red Hulk, X-23, and Venom (as an obvious homage to the New Fantastic Four) that led to this hilarious/awesome panel

vvvv: Yes, he says "we am smash for vengeance!" In like the next panel

There's two Alejandras in that page. The Scorpion mask one and the original one below her and next to Danny Ketch GR.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Oh poo poo, guys, this also exists.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Slashrat posted:

Perspective incorrect texturing isn't really something that is unique to Stan's jacket. Still, he's the most famous example of it that comes to mind probably.
He's also one of the few cases I know of where they made an effort to keep the unmoving plaid in 3d.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STnYDchAn78

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

darthbob88 posted:

He's also one of the few cases I know of where they made an effort to keep the unmoving plaid in 3d.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STnYDchAn78

If I remember right the dev commentary for this was "in 2D this happened by accident and we decided to keep it. In 3D this turned out to be REALLY HARD to do on purpose."

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Ygolonac posted:

Black panther there really needs a Jason Statham codpiece to complete the mirror-imaging.

Virgin Panther VS Judge Chad

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Bruceski posted:

If I remember right the dev commentary for this was "in 2D this happened by accident and we decided to keep it. In 3D this turned out to be REALLY HARD to do on purpose."

Couldn't you basically use green screen technology? Give him a gaudy green suit without any texture whatsoever and replace that color afterwards?
That would be my solution to that incredibly specific, already solved problem.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

cant cook creole bream posted:

Couldn't you basically use green screen technology? Give him a gaudy green suit without any texture whatsoever and replace that color afterwards?
That would be my solution to that incredibly specific, already solved problem.

I'm sure they did something like that, but I wouldn't be shocked if their 3D engine got in the way with no hook for doing that requiring jumping through some hoops specifically so that Stan's jacket came out right.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I think the quote about it was regarding Escape from Monkey Island, the first 3D-game in the series, too rather than Tales of Monkey Island. Escape was made back when fragment shader effects wasn't really a thing yet, so they had to figure out entirely from scratch how to program it rather than it being supported by the hardware rendering calls already.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Sa Sartre said, Hell is other versions of yourself.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I remember vividly there was some episode of Ren and Stimpy where some character was wearing a plaid jacket and it had that same effect. Blew my mind as a kid.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Ygolonac posted:

2000AD is full of totally batshit dead series nobody remembers. That panther has the brain of a human: They play contractually obligated murder-football. Yes, a panther is allowed to play pro-sports, because he's the mascot see.

The series ends with everyone getting shot by the space-cops, no moral.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

No upwards-curling tie.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

CzarChasm posted:

I remember vividly there was some episode of Ren and Stimpy where some character was wearing a plaid jacket and it had that same effect. Blew my mind as a kid.

I like the way they use the same trick (although not with plaid) in the Shade the Changing Man short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqTrdptLRrs

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Gnome de plume posted:

No upwards-curling tie.

I think that just means he's been getting laid recently.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Wapole Languray posted:

The series ends with everyone getting shot by the space-cops, no moral.

The moral is Don't Trust Cops.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Adnor posted:

The moral is Don't Trust Cops.
Police will never help you.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Oh poo poo, guys, this also exists.

They always do the cartoon crossovers in batches. Gail Simone wrote another this week where every single bird and cat themed DC character (like 50 of them) was in a war over Sylvester the Cat trying to eat Tweety Bird.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

They always do the cartoon crossovers in batches. Gail Simone wrote another this week where every single bird and cat themed DC character (like 50 of them) was in a war over Sylvester the Cat trying to eat Tweety Bird.

That sounds a lot more fitting than the Porky Pig one which was just a Lex Luthor story where one of the characters happened to look like a pig

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

That sounds a lot more fitting than the Porky Pig one which was just a Lex Luthor story where one of the characters happened to look like a pig

Daffy Duck as a social media jerk was extremely fitting, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

ImpAtom posted:

Porky Pig is the clueless character who still intends to do something well, him being in charge of an alt-right social network without realizing it while Daffy makes Lex elon all over it is very fitting.