Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Where's Morty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
God that skin is awful. It looks like it was designed by a brony

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I feel like the latest patch snuck in two undocumented changes:

• Brigitte's shield is much less transparent
  • Symmetra's turrets have a much stronger damage indicator

Am I crazy?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rand Brittain posted:

Endorsements have made things better, and I strongly look forward to the day when they introduce special skins you can only buy by getting 5,000 endorsements, at which point niceness will go through the roof.

Aw man what if people were nice to each other and rewarded for it what a dystopian hellscape hello-scape

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
It doesn't make sense to me to disable all communications in a team based video game. Do you play comp? Are you content to just bumble around in silence and hope your agenda matches up with that of the remaining members of your team? Or do you stay away from comp in more relaxed game modes?

Anytime I'm playing and my team gets someone who doesn't communicate, that person gets booted immediately after the match concludes. Especially people who join LFG and say hi in voice and leave chat when the match starts. gently caress those people. I'm not serious about this game, but I find coordinating with your team to be a fun and integral part of this team centric game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dunno how I managed it but I got a card for 50% of my kills being melee as hammond lmao

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm having trouble with Hammond, it's hard to think in angles and remember you need to get height when you're engaging as well, not just grab a wall or piece of cover and whip around (cause you can't slam)

I feel like there are maps he's definitely not suited for

i love his mechanics and kit tho

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ShriekingMarxist posted:

i'm having trouble with Hammond, it's hard to think in angles and remember you need to get height when you're engaging as well, not just grab a wall or piece of cover and whip around (cause you can't slam)

I feel like there are maps he's definitely not suited for

i love his mechanics and kit tho

It seems like the number one priority for Hammond is knowing where your health packs are. His mobility is crazy good, so it's trivial to dive in, cause some disruption, go to a health pack, and then return while the fight is still going on. Hammond is perhaps better at health pack whoring than any other hero.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Manatee Cannon posted:

dunno how I managed it but I got a card for 50% of my kills being melee as hammond lmao

Dat ground pound might count as melee. Isn't it bugged with no falloff on the damage right now?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think I got any kills with that and the card would only count final blows, wouldn't it?

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Dunno, the way Overwatch categorizes kills is pretty nebulous

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
so the way the card counts the kill is both final blows and most contributing damage. if that is the same person you get most of the number shown it is %of their health per kill. so 100 means you did damage from the start of their health to the end even if someone else kicks in damage as long as you keep damaging them till they drop you initiated sustained and killed that person.

If you do the most damage but dont get the kill you get that amount like 60% of a kill and someone else does 40 you get 60 assist credit or objective kill credit if it was on the point/payload or if they escaped you in the above example but your teammate caught them about 3 seconds later. it takes about 2 seconds for you to "lose" the kill credit

If you just get the finishing blow you get whatever health they had left as your credit down to a minimum of 10% credit I believe. if someone escapes with less than 10% I dont remember if I have gotten lower than 10% credit on a kill.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

I feel like the latest patch snuck in two undocumented changes:

• Brigitte's shield is much less transparent
  • Symmetra's turrets have a much stronger damage indicator

Am I crazy?

I'm also noticing that Roadhog hooks are breaking even when I cleanly catch them out in the open. The break looks very similar to when you hook someone that's just about to go around a corner or something, but there's no cover near these targets. It happens most often with small characters. I've never experienced issues with hooking people out in the open before until the last couple days.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
Speaking of weird-rear end incidental poo poo, has anyone else noticed that Ana's grenades randomly have non-existent AOE post summer games patch?

Maybe it's just a weird mish-mash of latency issues. Just curious and putting it out there.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

World Famous W posted:

My biggest complaint about the endorsement system now is the speed you drop levels is to high. I've yet to stay 4 rank for more than a few matches. You can't sit at it unless you get three or so endorsement every time and I'm sticking with the same players and they can't hand me anymore.

Still yet to see a five.

I've seen two. One was a random guy I played with on the Lucioball Cup placements never to see again, the other was a good Zennyata I've grouped up some times who's also a good shootcaller and that for some reason has been stuck in Gold forever but plays at a much higher level than that.

The endorsement system is a step in the right direction but it's still broken in more ways than not. You know those stupid backfilling games where you just see the defeat screen pop up? You can't get endorsements but you will still be penalized for not getting them and I've been dropped twice from 4 to 3 after those games. The same thing has happenned in games that have been stopped because people have dropped out, I'm just not sure if it's because they count as me leaving the game or me not getting endorsements on a match that actually never finished.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

That sucks but you have an odd way of defining "more ways than not." Those are first world problems compared to level of toxicity reduction it is achieving

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Max Awfuls posted:

the other was a good Zennyata I've grouped up some times who's also a good shootcaller and that for some reason has been stuck in Gold forever but plays at a much higher level than that.

Lol

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I want to see a Mystery Heroes FFA Deathmatch come up in Arcade please and thank you bilzrad.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Since next comp season doesn't start until tomorrow night I figured I would try and get some trophies in quick play as heroes I rarely use. So far I got a big D.Va bomb and the Hammond shield usage without dying one. It's an objective to keep me from getting bored and also is encouraging me to play QP which I never do!

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

nickhimself posted:

I want to see a Mystery Heroes FFA Deathmatch come up in Arcade please and thank you bilzrad.

I think that was announced

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gun game but it swaps your hero every kill

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Manatee Cannon posted:

gun game but it swaps your hero every kill

:swoon:

This is brilliant

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Cowcaster posted:

also i guess it’s a moot point since i mute voice/text when i’m playing overwatch anyway

Anyone else kinda feel like it removes much of the point of online multiplayer if you aren't going to communicate?

Wildtortilla posted:

It doesn't make sense to me to disable all communications in a team based video game. Do you play comp? Are you content to just bumble around in silence and hope your agenda matches up with that of the remaining members of your team? Or do you stay away from comp in more relaxed game modes?

Anytime I'm playing and my team gets someone who doesn't communicate, that person gets booted immediately after the match concludes. Especially people who join LFG and say hi in voice and leave chat when the match starts. gently caress those people. I'm not serious about this game, but I find coordinating with your team to be a fun and integral part of this team centric game.

Agreed on both counts

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't play comp, i don't use lfg, and i leave the match and requeue for a new team after every game regardless of whether my team won or lost

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

edit: only if i'm not playing with my group of 4-5 real life friends who play overwatch of course

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

i don't play comp, i don't use lfg, and i leave the match and requeue for a new team after every game regardless of whether my team won or lost

:same:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

There seem to be a lot of overwatch content creators who just complain and whine all the time, or at least YouTube sees fit to recommend them to me recently.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

SciFiDownBeat posted:

There seem to be a lot of overwatch content creators who just complain and whine all the time, or at least YouTube sees fit to recommend them to me recently.

As long as they are complaining about why XCQ gets so many chances despite being literal human trash I don't see a problem.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

AkumaHokoru posted:

As long as they are complaining about why XCQ gets so many chances despite being literal human trash I don't see a problem.

Chances to what? His pro career ended in disgrace, he was recently banned for two weeks, and after watching his stream he strikes me as loving miserable most the time.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Dude's been such a consistently awful piece of poo poo, he deserves far more than a two week ban. He should've been permabanned ages ago.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Dick Burglar posted:

Dude's been such a consistently awful piece of poo poo, he deserves far more than a two week ban. He should've been permabanned ages ago.

I guess I'm not aware of a majority of his transgressions then. I know why he was booted out of OWL and that seemed justified, even with the misunderstanding about what Trihard 7 actually meant. I know he's a toxic, miserable poo poo, but that describes like half the Overwatch fanbase.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

What little I've seen of him cemented that people watch him because he is an impending train-wreck. And if you are the person who loves to poo poo on people, even when they are winning, he's your guy.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Chances to what? His pro career ended in disgrace, he was recently banned for two weeks, and after watching his stream he strikes me as loving miserable most the time.

other teams have apparently been asking him to tryout and he's on the canadian world cup team. xqc was released by dallas but he wasn't banned from competition (he already subbed on some contenders trial team) and the only thing keeping him out of next season is if he chooses not to play

xqc has been banned multiple times. this is at least the third since he joined dallas like a year ago. there might be more but I've only payed him any attention because he was in owl and thus people talk about him in conjunction with that

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

AkumaHokoru posted:

I wish. Every opinion on xqc from videos and streamers I've seen has been supportive to neutral.

No, I mean more like "X is loving broken, blizzard are hacks and only morons play X" or "5 things that blizzard STILL HASN'T FIXED!!!!! !!!!" or "Overwatch is a terrible game, and here's why" It's all clickbaity garbage made by angry boys and it's just tiresome.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Isn't xqc the one that doesn't know what condensation is?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Yeah he got really mad about it. He thought the water was coming out of nowhere and it pissed him off.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Kamikaze Raider posted:

He is still on the US team for the big international overwatch thing coming up.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

AkumaHokoru posted:

He is still on the US team for the big international overwatch thing coming up.

he's on the canadian team because he's canadian

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
so you're telling me water just appears? like whatthefuckisthat it just shows up? con-den-sa...tion? condensation whatthefuckisthat? water just creates itself?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

he's on the canadian team because he's canadian

i see he shouldnt be on any team because hes xqc