Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Captain Monkey posted:

I think its a thing aussies and brits do, but I could be mistaken.

Hard T in the UK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Josef bugman posted:

"what is it, is it the text or the HOLY gently caress"

I was reading the text because I thought it would be something about the wording "DIE CUT" and didn't look at the picture closely till after.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Platystemon posted:

Or does Canada just have low standards for pizza?

Nah, we just have our own lovely pizza places, like Pizza Pizza.

Also, the Little Caesar's near my place won't loving deliver and that's bad.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Those last five words seem like an odd qualifier.

That's because most nerds are white.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

bitterandtwisted posted:

Hard T in the UK

It's a 'Fill-iT-A-fish' and woe betide and McDonalds worker who tries to correct me.

(which to be fair, they've never actually done)

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

My dad is originally from South Dakota, and he'd pronounce "filet" correctly when talking about chicken, but if we were cutting up fish he'd say it with a hard T, both for the verb for the resulting noun which we would fry up.

Really though, is it going to be the "Fish fil-ay-ing shack" by the boat launch?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Dicty Brojangles posted:

They do all the time on MasterChef Australia.

That's a damned good cooking show, if you like the genre, you'll love MCA.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

spog posted:

It's a 'Fill-iT-A-fish' and woe betide and McDonalds worker who tries to correct me.

(which to be fair, they've never actually done)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csrPT9ClVUc

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

mllaneza posted:

That's a damned good cooking show, if you like the genre, you'll love MCA.

Agreed; the contestants and their dishes are a lot more diverse than the US and UK MasterChefs.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

What the gently caress

I have so many questions about how this came to be made

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

My kids just love that funny little scheming man for some reason, I'll take a dozen

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

sweeperbravo posted:

What the gently caress

I have so many questions about how this came to be made

I'm guessing they took a picture of the products they had in stock, and didn't notice? But now I want to know who's buying hundreds of them, and what they're sticking them to. Stickers seem a weird choice for Neo Nazis, but what do I know.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
It's also possible that whoever posted it didn't know how incredibly racist that image is. How you could not know that in this internet day and age is beyond me but it's possible I guess? Though yeah I'm another one of the people wondering just who in the hell is buying hundreds of those and where are they putting them?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

hyperhazard posted:

I'm guessing they took a picture of the products they had in stock, and didn't notice? But now I want to know who's buying hundreds of them, and what they're sticking them to. Stickers seem a weird choice for Neo Nazis, but what do I know.

Well they wouldn't spray paint like urban youth, would they?

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
It's a thing for white supremacists to put up flyers and stickers everywhere. I'm assuming one of those people just bought like a hundred to stick on everything in town

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
It's cheaper to buy in bulk. Stickers, sheets, tiki torches...

It's simple macroethnostateeconomincs.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

hyperhazard posted:

Election posters apparently. :suicide:

https://twitter.com/swedenfactcheck/status/1035078264727982080

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It's also possible that whoever posted it didn't know how incredibly racist that image is. How you could not know that in this internet day and age is beyond me but it's possible I guess? Though yeah I'm another one of the people wondering just who in the hell is buying hundreds of those and where are they putting them?

Racists. Everywhere.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

word of warning if you see racist flyers or stickers (like that one or the "identity evropa" triangle poo poo) do your duty by putting something anti-racist over the top or remove them with a tool like a scraper, don't try to pull them off with your bare hands. sometimes they have razor blades stuck behind them, because racists.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

word of warning if you see racist flyers or stickers (like that one or the "identity evropa" triangle poo poo) do your duty by putting something anti-racist over the top or remove them with a tool like a scraper, don't try to pull them off with your bare hands. sometimes they have razor blades stuck behind them, because racists.

What the actual gently caress.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RoboRodent posted:

People are awful.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

RoboRodent posted:

:tif:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Jeebus, for a hot second I thought "Is that the nice folks my stickers get done by?" and thank heavens no, we use Sticker Guy, not Sticker Giant.

Sticker Guy is cool and awesome. Sticker Giant can eat a cold bowl of dicks.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Burn them off.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’m partial to Sticker Dude myself

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sticker Chap.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I have a Sticker Fella for all my sticker needs.

Why does it look like she has never ending boobs?

Krispy Wafer has a new favorite as of 17:45 on Aug 30, 2018

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
How do you know she doesn't?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

RoboRodent posted:

this happened in 2016 with Donnie signs.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/avvvvita/status/1035073931776995328?s=21

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Is there any actual, factual, evidence of this happening?

Re: Satanic Cults, razorblades in apples, etc etc

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

sure, when I get home I'll dig some up

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

I heard an ad for ozy on the radio and assumed it was a chud thing because they used the phrase mainstream media in a negative way.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Johnny Aztec posted:

Is there any actual, factual, evidence of this happening?

Re: Satanic Cults, razorblades in apples, etc etc

The college where it was reported came out and said that it was a false report and all the flyers were removed without incident. I haven't seen any later reports.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
How would that even work?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Phanatic posted:

How would that even work?

It wouldn't. It's just more fear mongering scare tactics that we've seen a hundred times.

Hey ChickenofTomorrow, you gonna warn us about how we shouldn't flash our lights at cars that have their headlights off?
Oooh watch out for them scary gangs!

THEY GONNA GETCHA

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Just as a clarification (because this is the internet) gently caress anyone who actually puts those stickers up, and it is perfectly okay and good to punch a Nazi.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've recently seen the same old urban legends about gang initiations (like "Don't get out to remove the red shirt from your windshield because they'll attack you!") rebranded for sex trafficking scares.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It did happen in Germany in 2015. One case (with multiple stickers) confirmed by police press release, and documented on what is basically the German language Snopes:

https://www.mimikama.at/allgemein/rasierklingen-unter-aufklebern/
https://www.mimikama.at/allgemein/versteckte-rasierklingen/

I mean, that's a lot less than sometimes. On the other hand, the idea is out there now, and you don't want to be the guy who confirms the second case. They're probably easier to remove with a tool anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Johnny Aztec posted:

Just as a clarification (because this is the internet) gently caress anyone who actually puts those stickers up, and it is perfectly okay and good to punch a Nazi.

, says the dude who has been probated like a dozen times for racism