Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It's best to take the JTR farm in stages, otherwise you're likely to just walk away from this game.

Get BB8 over and done with. This means farming FO which is a whole thing in and of itself, and most of the good units conflict heavily with vetbros

KRU/Silencer from Cantina (because the ship owns and he's got a great leader skill)
FOO from Cantina currency (one of the low-key better FO units)
Phasma from GW (she sucks, but you need 5 FO and she's easy to get)

+2
FOX from cantina - is a very good unit, but he conflicts with Matt
FOST from hards - is a poo poo gear and a long grind, but he's one of the best FO units.
FOTP from fleet - conflicts with nothing else and is a very good ship to boot.
Kylo from cantina - is a staple on every FO team in every game mode.
FOSFTP from guild - is good? who knows? He's an easy farm if you aren't after anything else in guild store, but you could be farming scav/finn here in preparation for the next stage of JTR.

You could skip all the cantina farms just farm vetbros and go:

Phasma, FOO, FOST, FOTP, FOSFTP. I don't know how this team would perform, because it uses some underwhelming units, but it's the fasted route to JTR if that's all you care about.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Aug 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
A kru lead FO team is great for twars and battles, and Finn and Scav Rey are a good start to a resistance team. The vet farm is really the stretch where you aren't getting anything out of it besides just the rjt event

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

A kru lead FO team is great for twars and battles, and Finn and Scav Rey are a good start to a resistance team. The vet farm is really the stretch where you aren't getting anything out of it besides just the rjt event

Yeah, my advise is to just actually farm a good FO team and then start working on the vetbros for the home stretch

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

So, uh, what the hell is all this mod energy going to be used for? Not slicing, I guess. Or maybe it will be used to farm slice salvage?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Mod energy will be for mod challenges and battles have switched over to mod energy, so you don't use cantina for them anymore, the max level of challenged will give the mats to slice iirc

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
With more scoundrel heroes coming out/becoming farmable any chance the vets find a niche there?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
You're gonna be using mod energy to farm slicing mats for basically ever.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

Looks like my extended campaign to get purple or gold mods on the entire roster...is paying off? I might be a little ahead of the curve in this regard, then.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Chilichimp posted:

If you already have a ton of good mods maybe, otherwise getting better mods to slice will now be an option

Also there's a new store page

!!!

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 30, 2018

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Also there's a new store page

!!!

That's actually pretty huge.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Well too bad I burned through those 2 mil friend bucks.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh snap, glad I kept mine!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

Well too bad I burned through those 2 mil friend bucks.

is it tho? that was alot of shard shop currency

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Rabbi Tupac posted:

With more scoundrel heroes coming out/becoming farmable any chance the vets find a niche there?

No, but there is a legit scoundrel team now of khaleesi, 2 furry bois, a genderfluid droid, and the bitch that never dies

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Yeeeeeeeesssss my lazyness to not spend friend bucks finally pays off.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rabbi Tupac posted:

No but there is a legit scoundrel team now:
Khaleesi
2 furry bois
1 genderfluid droid
The bitch that never dies

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
my jedi are overall pretty lovely but this event is hilarious. when I put my full speed set on GMY he goes to 267 speed, the event skill gives Offense up, speed up, crit chance/dmg up, health steal up, def pen up, potency up, yoda then adds tenacity up and prot (30%) up and gives it all to everyone for 2 turns. With how fast he is he gets to do it all again before it wears off on any of my other jedi
everyone ends up like this the second yoda gets to go

If only my GK was 7* :sigh:

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 31, 2018

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

You have peeked into the world of Bastila Jedi teams. Just wait until that is your standard opening move in arena.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I can't find some advise I was looking for in the thread. Is it almost time for a new OP with all the changes the game has gone through?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

I can't find some advise I was looking for in the thread. Is it almost time for a new OP with all the changes the game has gone through?

nah, OP still good right now. Going after phoenix to get thrawn/EP to get R2 to get CLS is still the thing all new players should be targeting.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The friendbux store isn't up yet or is it just hidden?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

its under the weekly shipments tab, scroll down just a bit

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

twistedmentat posted:

its under the weekly shipments tab, scroll down just a bit

It's just the one item.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
why thank you, mod slicing

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I too have gotten another speed roll on all the mods i have sliced so far.
Also it seems that the slicing materials from level 9 mod battles drop at a rate of nearly 2 per fight. Anecdotal but i have done 2x 14 sims and gotten over 20 materials both times

Honestly was not expecting this.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Yeah. Slicing blue +15’s up to gold is very reasonably grindabke and is going to result in a lot of people getting huge mod improvements.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Is mod slicing completely random? Like on the secondary that gets upgraded?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

UmOk posted:

Completely random as far as I can tell, I've been getting far more trash than juicy speed upgrades.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

UmOk posted:

Yes, when you slice up a tier it randomly rolls one of your secondaries to get upgraded, just as if you had bought a mod of that color and levelled it to 12.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
This bastila team in twar is insane. My nightsister team died instantly, the GMY did a 53k crit first turn to one shot my 100% health/prot MT, then gave everyone foresight before MT went so I couldnt even get plague going, went downhill from there. Figured I'd try a CLS/zolo/chaze team since it has decent buff removal and zolo is my go to for clearing a team that already has turn meter. I couldnt even break through the bonus protection bastila gives with my g12+ zolo/cls. Not a loving dent

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Sep 4, 2018

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Auto them with Traya.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

This bastila team in twar is insane. My nightsister team died instantly, the GMY did a 53k crit first turn to one shot my 100% health/prot MT, then gave everyone foresight before MT went so I couldnt even get plague going, went downhill from there. Figured I'd try a CLS/zolo/chaze team since it has decent buff removal and zolo is my go to for clearing a team that already has turn meter. I couldnt even break through the bonus protection bastila gives with my g12+ zolo/cls. Not a loving dent

zzMT leader and an acolyte is an auto-win against zBastilla.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Zetad asajj instead of talzin for str and never unlocked acolyte :(

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hate when I can add a zeta, because I've screwed up too many times so I keep second guessing myself, They are way easier to get now, but still i want to be careful.

I could add it to R2 and double zeta him.

Or put that zeta on FB Luke (probbaly no), Fett (same), Hobo rey (already told bad idea), KRU (probably a good idea) Tarkin, Nihilus, ST Han, Phasma, ANH Leia, BB8, GM yoda, Finn, Old Ben, Maul, Sidious, Vet Han, and Thrawn (though he's only 5*).

I want to expand my teams, and as i mentioned earlier, and I want to finish JTR, CLS and Thrawn missions, so either improve my FO, Resistance or Rebel teams, or throw it on someone needed for those missions.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

twistedmentat posted:

I hate when I can add a zeta, because I've screwed up too many times so I keep second guessing myself, They are way easier to get now, but still i want to be careful.

Or put that zeta on FB Luke (probbaly no), Fett (same), Hobo rey (already told bad idea), KRU (probably a good idea) Tarkin, Nihilus, ST Han, Phasma, ANH Leia, BB8, GM yoda, Finn, Old Ben, Maul, Sidious, Vet Han, and Thrawn (though he's only 5*).

Of that entire list, really only R2, Matt, Finn, Nihilus (unique, not leader) and Thrawn (again, the unique, not the lead) are non-joke options. BB8's zeta is good once you get JTR but that's a long, long way down the road for you, and you definitely don't want to waste one on anyone else.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I want to expand my teams, and as i mentioned earlier, and I want to finish JTR, CLS and Thrawn missions, so either improve my FO, Resistance or Rebel teams, or throw it on someone needed for those missions.

EP (Unique) > Thrawn (Unique) > Nihilus (unique) > zBastilla (Leader) > KRU (Leader) > GMY (BM) > BB8 (roll) > Old Ben (taunt)

zMatt Leader gets you the most from your FO, don't zeta phasma.

If you want to make another good team, start gearing those jedi and zeta Bastilla and GMY. (Bastilla, GMY, Ezra, GK, +1)

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Sep 5, 2018

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Defiance Industries posted:

Of that entire list, really only R2, Matt, Finn, Nihilus (unique, not leader) and Thrawn (again, the unique, not the lead) are non-joke options. BB8's zeta is good once you get JTR but that's a long, long way down the road for you, and you definitely don't want to waste one on anyone else.

Yoda zeta is no joke

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

I want to expand my teams

Focus on team-building zetas. These are almost always leader zetas like finn, bastila, ep, matt, but also veers.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Speaking of Zetas, I have enough for a new one as well and am currently stumped on where to put it.

This is my stuff:https://swgoh.gg/u/agayshark/.

It's a bit out of date but basically I have my EzPz/zzDV/zDs/TFP/Thrawn as my main arena team and then a zBastilla/GMY/Hoda/OldBen/Ezra jedi team. Should I go ahead and zeta Thrawn or shift focus over to my Jedi team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rabbi Tupac posted:

Speaking of Zetas, I have enough for a new one as well and am currently stumped on where to put it.

This is my stuff:https://swgoh.gg/u/agayshark/.

It's a bit out of date but basically I have my EzPz/zzDV/zDs/TFP/Thrawn as my main arena team and then a zBastilla/GMY/Hoda/OldBen/Ezra jedi team. Should I go ahead and zeta Thrawn or shift focus over to my Jedi team?

Zeta thrawn then move on to jedi

also, gear up that loving nihilus you barbarian, and zeta his unique too.