Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Wilhelm posted:

Ok ok ok fine maoism is awesome and burn capitalism and why don't we just build more nuclear plants

am i part of the sophisticated opinion squad now

Sorry that some people protested your LNG project once and made you feel bad but there's definitely some ground to be made up between building infrastructure that will demand we continue using G&O for another 35 years and actually starting to move towards a more sustainable future. The best part about this all is that it's not even the environmentalists you hate so much that got this project stopped, it was the Liberals own stupid hubris. They thought they could just railroad whatever they wanted through and it backfired because they didn't bother to do a fair assessment or even follow the process for approval that laid out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Our government is borrowing 4.5 billion dollars to build a pipeline that they are telling everyone will obsolete by 2030.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

DariusLikewise posted:

Our government is borrowing 4.5 billion dollars to build a pipeline that they are telling everyone will obsolete by 2030.

I thought we are borrowing $4.5b to buy the existing pipeline. Then, we are going to borrow another $9.3b to build the expansion.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
as timely now as it ever was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnX-D4kkPOQ

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Jan posted:

Don't worry, the Liberals have found a way to cancel Trans Mountain using math:

lmao

I'm still mad at her for that "math is hard, let's go shopping" objection to electoral reform.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Postess with the Mostest posted:

I thought we are borrowing $4.5b to buy the existing pipeline. Then, we are going to borrow another $9.3b to build the expansion.

Yeah, this is true. Here's a map:

https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/energy/resources/19142

What the actual gently caress. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at a politician saying the opposite of what is true but man this is blatant. I hope he gets raked over the coals for this, but everyone will be (rightfully) focusing on JT instead.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Cons are going to win a huge majority in Alberta in their provincial election and the empty threats about shutting off the oil are going to be magical.

Also Im pretty sure the only way the Liberals could gently caress this up any worse is by conceding in the NAFTA talks immediately following this.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
in case you didnt notice were in the era of political leaders just making up poo poo and posting it on twitter for likes

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1035319972715786240

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Piece of poo poo acts like a piece of poo poo, news at 11.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Does Alberta even capture its natural gas produced during oil extraction or does it still flare it all off for $0?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

cowofwar posted:

Does Alberta even capture its natural gas produced during oil extraction or does it still flare it all off for $0?

I know a guy who claims to be involved in a scheme to use the natural gas that would otherwise be burned off to run generators and power bitcoin miners :psyduck:

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
https://twitter.com/andrewscheer/status/1035318873925406720?s=21
I, Andrew Scheer, will guzzle that sweet delicious oil by the gallon to prove its cleanliness, you lying media

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Can we kick Notley out of the NDP

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Can we kick Notley out of the NDP

it's a good thing horgan got elected or there'd be like 0 reason for the NDP to exist

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I thought the pipeline approval was conditional on them signing onto the plan :confused:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Jan posted:

Don't worry, the Liberals have found a way to cancel Trans Mountain using math:

Gold!

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

It'd be cool if ANDP could casually gently caress off forever??

Useless god drat bunch.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

"Albertans are angry. I'm angry." Are these people ever not angry? They have been in a permanent state of either "angry gloating" or "angry crying" since I've been following politics

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 31, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
You'd be angry too if you lived in Alberta

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
They're at ballpark 38 years of solid rage.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

WTF Notley you were supposed to be one of the goodbetter ones.

THC posted:

"Albertans are angry. I'm angry." Are these people ever not angry? They have been in a permanent state of either "angry gloating" or "angry crying" since I've been following politics

Irrational victim complex is the primary Albertan attribute.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Drunk Canuck posted:

It'd be cool if ANDP could casually gently caress off forever??

Useless god drat bunch.

You're probably going to get your wish :smith:

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

No Alberta government was ever going to be against the pipeline. Stop it with the purity tests.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Can we trade Alberta to the USA for like, Minnesota and Vermont? They can just rename themselves North Texas and no one would even notice! Bonus: Ted Cruz would finally be able to go home.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

infernal machines posted:

You'd be angry too if you lived in Alberta
I should clarify. I know many perfectly well adjusted people in Alberta. I'm mostly ripping on these rabid "oil sands uber alles" people

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

THC posted:

I know I'm always angry at least

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Weirdly, "leaving the federal carbon plan" does not actually mean "repealing/cancelling the carbon tax in Alberta" so idk what this actually means.

(And ofc this just keeps underlining why pursuing a decentralised carbon pricing plan was always dumb)

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

EngineerJoe posted:

No Alberta government was ever going to be against the pipeline. Stop it with the purity tests.

Ah yes, stopping pipelines is a purity test. Good good.

Also criticizing is bad as well because it could hurt someones feelings.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Drunk Canuck posted:

Ah yes, stopping pipelines is a purity test. Good good.

Also criticizing is bad as well because it could hurt someones feelings.
so unreasonable of you to have principles upon which you base your beliefs and statements

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Pinterest Mom posted:

Weirdly, "leaving the federal carbon plan" does not actually mean "repealing/cancelling the carbon tax in Alberta" so idk what this actually means.
It means nothing. Alberta will continue doing exactly the same thing they were doing, just 'not as part of the national carbon plan.' It's theatre, not that it will help the ANDP with the oil-soaked masses.

Arivia posted:

I don't want my kids to be commless Breeders in the next Season, that's why.
SMH the commless don't live long enough to be Breeders. Do you even stonelore?

I don't know if Justin Leadership Montreal is gonna survive this court decision, TBH.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
Oh no Alberta crude export rate won't increase. Canada's economy is in free fall. Better negate all climate actions. I am a smart politician.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
Because, what if we vastly reduce our GHG emissions? The horror.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

"We actually like drinking contaminated water!" - Pure Politician

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Is that supposed to be some own? Tommy Douglas isn't given a 5-star rating around these parts.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Drunk Canuck posted:

Is that supposed to be some own? Tommy Douglas isn't given a 5-star rating around these parts.

I just thought it was funny. I'm trying to find some poo poo on the Mackenzie Valley pipeline, because Alberta no doubt threw the same kind of tantrum back then

Also, grow the gently caress up.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Never.

Also
https://twitter.com/AndrewScheer/status/1035318873925406720

Let's bang this drum forever, conservatives. Missed a beat by not mentioning evil carbon tax too.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Andrew Scheer posted:

By every possible metric, our oil is the best in the world.

Do you really think he'd do that, just go on the internet and tell lies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's not a lie, it's an alternative fact, because we live in a post-truth world. :suicide: