Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

schmug posted:

until the end of this one where he nearly cuts his right arm off trying to kill a blow up doll
dull knives are pretty osha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not sure if this will load as it's a Facebook video but...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10217160647992512&id=1359334417

LoL HOLY gently caress.

jonathan fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 31, 2018

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Whatever happened to that random guy in gbs who invaded the DIY thread bitching about birds getting into his house and end up attaching knives to the ceiling fans and all his pictures were in black and white sepia ?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

jonathan posted:

Whatever happened to that random guy in gbs who invaded the DIY thread bitching about birds getting into his house and end up attaching knives to the ceiling fans and all his pictures were in black and white sepia ?

I don’t know but now I really want to see those fans.

schmug
May 20, 2007

jonathan posted:

Not sure if this will load as it's a Facebook video but...

no

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ok try again. FB video sharing is a mess.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

What the hell is he using in place of a wheel? It's too dark for me to make it out and making the picture bigger just makes it too blurry for me to tell as well.

v-- Yeah I just sent the pic to a co-worker and he's seen it before, people go offroading and gently caress their wheel up and the spare is non-working (or non-existant) as well, so they use a log.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 31, 2018

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

MF_James posted:

What the hell is he using in place of a wheel? It's too dark for me to make it out and making the picture bigger just makes it too blurry for me to tell as well.

My guess is a log

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Cthulu Carl posted:

My guess is a log

It does roll down stairs, so down a street should be easy.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Cthulu Carl posted:

My guess is a log

It's big, it's heavy, it's wood - checks out.

^:hf:

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MF_James posted:

v-- Yeah I just sent the pic to a co-worker and he's seen it before, people go offroading and gently caress their wheel up and the spare is non-working (or non-existant) as well, so they use a log.

That's super common and easy to rig up in order to get back to pavement. Driving down the street because you are too cheap for a tow... That's kind of odd.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

I don't know if I should be happy or not that I knew this was a common emergency repair because I've seen it on this thread multiple times.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
My favorite part is the spare tire clearly mounted on the back.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
Think I saw an article about it, the hub or studs were damaged, he couldn't just put on the spare.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

In his defense, every one of his incredibly dangerous inventions has worked perfectly.

every loving idiot's trip to the hospital begins with them telling everyone around them that it's fine and they've done this hundreds of times

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Tristesse posted:

My favorite part is the spare tire clearly mounted on the back.

The spare tire is full of contraband Finnish cheese. (I'm just assuming the picture is from Russia.)

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

The spare tire is full of contraband Finnish cheese. (I'm just assuming the picture is from Russia.)

Asking for a friend but how awesome is contraband Finnish cheese?

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
better than russian cheese

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Finnish cheese isn't particularly noteworthy, but I suppose it's better than Russian cheese.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Asking for a friend but how awesome is contraband Finnish cheese?

I suppose you'd have to ask a Russian person, as it's not contraband here.

spankmeister posted:

Finnish cheese isn't particularly noteworthy, but I suppose it's better than Russian cheese.

Blast of Confetti posted:

better than russian cheese

Well unlike 78% of Russian cheeses (in 2014) it's made of actual milk which I personally would consider a plus.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

What's Russian cheese made out of? Dick cheese?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Mustached Demon posted:

What's Russian cheese made out of? Dick cheese?

Powdered milk, water, and palm oil.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

I suppose you'd have to ask a Russian person, as it's not contraband here.

Well unlike 78% of Russian cheeses (in 2014) it's made of actual milk which I personally would consider a plus.

lmfao Russian cheese smugglers. That's amazing.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are they still banning foreign cheese over shooting down that airliner? or am I misremembering.

Memento posted:

It's big, it's heavy, it's wood - checks out.

^:hf:

Excellent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-9scNP5KWk

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

oohhboy posted:

Are they still banning foreign cheese over shooting down that airliner? or am I misremembering.

They started a war in Europe for the first time since 1999, got sanctioned, and sanctioned back. Shooting down a civilian passenger jet was just collateral damage.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A step or two away from duct tape and bubble gum.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-45364155

quote:

"A micro-fracture was found; most likely it is damage from the outside. The design engineers believe it is the result of a micrometeorite," he said.

Germany's Gerst confirmed the presence of the hole by running his finger over it. An immediate fix was implemented using a sealant and tape to cover the hole, which is said to measure a couple of millimetres in diameter.

Jerry Cotton posted:

They started a war in Europe for the first time since 1999, got sanctioned, and sanctioned back. Shooting down a civilian passenger jet was just collateral damage.

Thanks.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

oohhboy posted:

I think the ban is still on. Two or three months ago I watched a short behind-the-news segment on Dutch television featuring a Russian farmer who had really benefited from the ban. But judging by posts in this thread his positive outlook might not make his cheese any better, lol

Dutch farmers who produced cheese had to up their security, because there were several mass cheese thefts in the year after the sanctions. I imagine the security up to the point was just lock and key, because cheese theft had never really been a thing over here. Although judging by Google search results it happens more often in regions that produce really fancy cheese.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Aug 31, 2018

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Reddit posted:

From an elementary science classroom- becomes feathery when scratched or pinched; semi-translucent.

It’s asbestos.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

every loving idiot's trip to the hospital begins with them telling everyone around them that it's fine and they've done this hundreds of times

As far as I know he's never been hospitalized by any of his gadgets. I'm pretty sure he's actually a mad scientist from a comic book or cartoon universe who accidentally got dropped in our dimension.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Platystemon posted:

It’s asbestos.

*sniff sniff* yep, i'd recognize that smell anywhere - asbestos!

schmug
May 20, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

As far as I know he's never been hospitalized by any of his gadgets.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Jerry Cotton posted:

A tire filled with Oltermanni is basically unbreakable. That tire will be rolling here on its own blown by the winds of the supernova Sun after mankind has been long gone. After the Earth crumbles it will travel to far away galaxies and establish cultures on new worlds. Galactic civilizations will worship Oltermanni as the mild and creamy god that created them.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

As far as I know he's never been hospitalized by any of his gadgets. I'm pretty sure he's actually a mad scientist from a comic book or cartoon universe who accidentally got dropped in our dimension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FYZFAuhFV4

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Platystemon posted:

It’s asbestos.

I saw the picture and thought to myself "Ew, that's a hairy green bean, what why is it relevant to the threa- Oh.. Oh god, it's not a green bean, it looks like a mineral... A fuzzy, fibrous mineral.. Oh no."

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

https://i.imgur.com/7fUvPhu.mp4

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
New Spider-Man villains looking good

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Legitimately said "holy poo poo" out loud.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

No. Even if I could lift it, I wont work with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

You just know he had someone film him so he could brag after work at the bar. :jerkbag: