Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

maffew buildings posted:

Is the road to recovery a playable track?

It's part of the THC DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
As much as I would like to see the All-Star race moved to Bristol or Martinsville, there's a lot of logistical reasons to keep it at Charlotte. If NASCAR were smart they would FINALLY find a way to improve the racing at the 1.5 mile tracks- that's the key.

That said, we've been saying the same thing for close to a decade and there's still no permanent fix in sight.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
Pretty big shakeup for the mod fans in here:

http://racedayct.com/2018/08/exclusive-rowanpennink-retiring-from-modified-competition/

It's a smart decision if he's having back problems at 33, but I'm pretty bummed. Rowan was an exciting, agressive driver to watch when he had a fast car. It was cool seeing him put the Boehler #3 back in victory lane in last years Icebreaker.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/status/1035251870485422080

Also I really hope I'm misreading this and Mad Max isn't making excuses for this guy, but goddamn:
https://twitter.com/maxpapis/status/1035348467646955528

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

SwampYankee posted:

Pretty big shakeup for the mod fans in here:

http://racedayct.com/2018/08/exclusive-rowanpennink-retiring-from-modified-competition/

It's a smart decision if he's having back problems at 33, but I'm pretty bummed. Rowan was an exciting, agressive driver to watch when he had a fast car. It was cool seeing him put the Boehler #3 back in victory lane in last years Icebreaker.

drat that sucks. He was always a favorite to win not matter which track he was at, at least in the Northeast. That is the only region I've watched mod racing live and you would know pretty drat early when he had a fast car. Fun to watch.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
ryan truex jr doing an amazing throwback to martin truex doing a throwback

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I love this weekend for the creativity but drat, if there isn't something depressing about seeing Ryan Reed's 16 Biffle/National Guard car and immediately thinking of 2004-06 when he ran that car in the days before Brian France drunkenly drove the sport off a cliff.

Also, :lol: the 60 car. This year is atoning for all those races Mark Martin ruined in the '90s.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Livepost of Darlington attendance from the top of pearson tower: lol

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

gently caress Kevin Harvick.

shame on an IGA posted:

Livepost of Darlington attendance from the top of pearson tower: lol

To be fair, it's an Xfinity race. They had half full crowds even when times were good.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lmao holy gently caress the post-race fanfare is literally the Microsoft Flight Simulator X menu music

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Harvick is such a dick. I'd throw beer cans at him after a win, and his little kid too.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/AlexBowman88/status/1036012706124455938?s=19

I like Alex Bowman too much to remind him he didn't do poo poo in Xfinity against Buschwackers and made it to a quality Cup ride because he was in the right place at the right time.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Harvick is such a dick. I'd throw beer cans at him after a win, and his little kid too.

The cheering when he spun out made that place sound full for one fleeting moment.

Can't believe it took me this long to finally get down there when I've lived half an hour away my entire life and remember setting chairs out by the highway in front of our house to watch all the haulers go home

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Sep 2, 2018

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/AlexBowman88/status/1036012706124455938?s=19

I like Alex Bowman too much to remind him he didn't do poo poo in Xfinity against Buschwackers and made it to a quality Cup ride because he was in the right place at the right time.

He probably would have just blocked you anyway.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/NASCARonReddit/status/1036097676427837440

I...kinda find Rianna Blaney hot?

Elitist Bitch posted:

He probably would have just blocked you anyway.

And that's why I held off.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/NASCARonReddit/status/1036097676427837440

I...kinda find Rianna Blaney hot?

And that's why I held off.

Ryan Blaney is hot so fuckin duh

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

He's a good looking dude.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/1036295187868332034?s=19

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Brad K with the speak to a manager haircut :lol:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Hoping Harvick gets wrecked, and also punched in the mouth

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Allgaier looks like a five year old

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

MRN has gotten in on the retro theme by using their 90s theme music during their intro and it owns.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I really wish Indycar and the NHRA would do the full on throwback weekend stuff. The latter in particular would be loving amazing with the old paint schemes and Diamond P graphics.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

LOOK AT THE STANDS. ARE YOU LOOKING?? LOOK AT THEM!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I really want to know what art gods Miller, Quaker State, Skoal, and Pennzoil sacrified goats to to make every car they ever sponsored in any series so drat memorable

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

I really want to know what art gods Miller, Quaker State, Skoal, and Pennzoil sacrified goats to to make every car they ever sponsored in any series so drat memorable

False, Logano's normal scheme exists and I loathe it

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the Skoal funny cars with the lightning bolt liveries from the 2000s were pretty fugly, but other than that I can't think of a single car of theirs anywhere that didn't look phenomenal

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

False, Logano's normal scheme exists and I loathe it

The Pennzoil one is fine, the normal one is more a Shell scheme than anything.

And IndyCar should totally make the Indy GP road course race the throwback round.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

Hoping Harvick gets wrecked, and also punched in the mouth

Why does the goonhive hate Harvick?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Because we've mostly accepted that KyBu actually is a good enough driver to justify his ego

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

Because we've mostly accepted that KyBu actually is a good enough driver to justify his ego

He is potentially not egotistical enough

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'll keep saying it.. gently caress Kyle

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

tater_salad posted:

I... gently caress Kyle

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

They should bring back IROC except all the cars and helmets and race suits are all black and you don't know who anyone is until the end.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

holy poo poo Larson is running away with this thing

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

shame on an IGA posted:

holy poo poo Larson is running away with this thing

He always blows it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this race is fun and good

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

That has to be the most interesting battle between a race leader and a dude in 15th place ever

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

poo poo! That looked like it hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

this is fantastically douchy bowyer interview