Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Truga posted:

Also, I'm noticing the prices have gone way up (I used to buy tempests at ~80m and hacs at 100m, now they're 2-3 times the price), is money just easier to make now or is the game dying and nobody is bothering to make anything for jita anymore? :v:

The scale of money making has gone up. Right now in Delve, nerds are ratting in supercarriers and making 100m ticks, sometimes more. (According to a CCP guy, somebody got a 260m tick once.) They also revamped the rorqual and made it a crok-sucking monster that can tank five dreads and has a literal divine shield button. We lead the game in mining and mined so much that we are the dominant supercap power now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ynglaur posted:

Counterpoint: I lost a travelceptor carrying BPOs because wasn't paying attention.

:thunk:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The scale of money making has gone up. Right now in Delve, nerds are ratting in supercarriers and making 100m ticks, sometimes more. (According to a CCP guy, somebody got a 260m tick once.) They also revamped the rorqual and made it a crok-sucking monster that can tank five dreads and has a literal divine shield button. We lead the game in mining and mined so much that we are the dominant supercap power now.

Jesus christ, yeah, that'll do the trick. When I was ratting (mostly to fix my sec so a lot of system cycling, but still...) I was getting 8-12m ticks lmao. Looks like relatively poo poo might even be cheaper now.

Thanks for all the infos guys, I'll definitely check it out later this year.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Truth. First I noticed the camp is when my shield alarm went off. That 30 second invuln on jump goes fast when you're multitasking. (Human beings are bad at multitasking.)

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

is FruitNYogurtParfait deadtear?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Well, he lost a titan to smash. What's that tell ya?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

(yes)

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
is it still impossible to find small fleet fights in this game because everyone's either a pissypants coward and/or cyno bait?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Note: Flying around for 4 hours for a single fun fight doesn't count

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If you fly a Rorqual a small fleet will come by shortly.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Junkiebev posted:

is FruitNYogurtParfait deadtear?

did the avtext not give a hint

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

evilweasel posted:

the problem is just that the new generation is poo poo

this is pretty much true to eve in general

Pomp posted:

'consensual pvp'

just lol

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It's also important to remember that creating Pandemic Horde was pretty much a last resort for them. They tried for years to get various alliances to meatshield for them -- TEST and Brave -- and failed in pretty much every way other than converting mid-level FCs to stave off their rot. The ideal situation for them back then would have been an autonomous pet alliance that required no management at all.

Test would have worked out fine, but PL didn't want TEST doing their own thing ever, which is funny because we were viewed as the abusive authoritarian step dad. Just goes to show, if you have a dreddit tag, you are probably stupid as gently caress.

Actually the better way of phrasing this: TEST thought they were the senior partner in that relationship and were very wrong.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
wtf they changed auras voice this game sucks

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

this is pretty much true to eve in general

just lol

lol i don't care about that poo poo, I just want to not spend an eternity looking for a fight to end up with either nothing or a server melter

Pomp fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 31, 2018

Beccara
Feb 3, 2005
So I'm not going to be getting my Nyx anytime soon, I play AU/NZ timezone and am looking to move out to the front. With these skills

https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/ToshikoSato

What would be something I can jump into quickly that would be useful on the front lines? I changed my eve password and gf.com is freaking out so i'm asking here till I can see the forums again

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Beccara posted:

So I'm not going to be getting my Nyx anytime soon, I play AU/NZ timezone and am looking to move out to the front. With these skills

What would be something I can jump into quickly that would be useful on the front lines? I changed my eve password and gf.com is freaking out so i'm asking here till I can see the forums again

you change your PW then you have to change your ESI apparently, and risk getting kicked from GF.com so just fyi

Beccara
Feb 3, 2005
Yeah thats what happened over 24 hour window :/ :ccp:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CCP is such a loving dumpster fire.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

:siren: CCP, trying to unfuck itself since 2003 A.D. :siren:

Directly from INN:

I repeat:

quote:

Courier pilots could deliver contracts to structures they do not have permission to dock at.

All hands on dick!!

:vince:

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Beccara posted:

You're pretty close to the minimum required skills for a capswarm Thanatos. You could pick up Jury Rigging and train a few levels of that while you're waiting on forums access.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

froody guy posted:

:siren: CCP, trying to unfuck itself since 2003 A.D. :siren:

Directly from INN:

I repeat:

All hands on dick!!

:vince:

There should be a game mechanism whereas you create a shitass contract like that you get IRL doxxed then all your ISK gets donated to South Africa

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
yet another game mechanic nerfed because of the heroes at CODE

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

One week into GoonWaffe (and EVE itself) and I still haven't got the slightest clue what is going on.

Positive: I've participated in 4 fleets.
Negative: 99% of time has gone to figuring out where the gently caress everyone warped to.

Positive: Properly doing skill training according to the wiki page.
Negative: Can only pilot a lovely Atron, even mining doesn't look feasible currently in nullsec (NPC-s kill me).

Positive: Every exchange I've had with people from GoonWaffe has been nothing but positive.
Negative: nothing.

Positive: Managed to scavenge some PVP wrecks for about 2M ISK of loot.
Negative: Flew to nullsec with 10M, down to 5M in ISK now.

Positive: Almost read through all the basic articles on the Wiki.
Negative: That appears to account for approximately 0.05% of the Wiki content. Still no clue what most of the words and abbreviations on GoonWaffe forums stand for. Should I submit my Atron losses through Affordable care? What the gently caress is an ESI/CREST link? How come everyone manages to align to locations in a second and I need to navigate 30 seconds to find the right spot in place?

Looks fun, guess this is the best time (so many skills to still train) to continue figuring poo poo out, before I am able to fly (and get destroyed) in higher value ships.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

lovely tuna snatch posted:

One week into GoonWaffe (and EVE itself) and I still haven't got the slightest clue what is going on.

Negative: 99% of time has gone to figuring out where the gently caress everyone warped to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k86kx8rR5I

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Your FC will usually tell you where to align when you drop out of warp. Sometimes they'll also tell you a couple seconds before warping. Doubleclicking in space or on the overview will turn your ship towards that, so when "warp now" comes down the mumble you warp instantly.

If the FC doesn't tell, your fleets probably have doctrines you need to read up on (i.e. in my corp we'd always burn towards the sun after jumping, and warp towards one of the inner planets or moons)

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Truga posted:

Your FC will usually tell you where to align when you drop out of warp. Sometimes they'll also tell you a couple seconds before warping. Doubleclicking in space or on the overview will turn your ship towards that, so when "warp now" comes down the mumble you warp instantly.

If the FC doesn't tell, your fleets probably have doctrines you need to read up on (i.e. in my corp we'd always burn towards the sun after jumping, and warp towards one of the inner planets or moons)

The main issue has been figuring out where the things that I need to be aligned to are, should I be keeping my eye on the Overview or somewhere else? So far I've basically resorted to just circling the space around my ship and see if I can spot the location called out, and have zero clue what to do when someone calls out "Node 35" or whatever, which can't be found in the overview.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
You can make an "align" overview tab that contains only planets, gates, stations, and the sun.

e: vvvvv oh right, do that

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

The main issue has been figuring out where the things that I need to be aligned to are, should I be keeping my eye on the Overview or somewhere else? So far I've basically resorted to just circling the space around my ship and see if I can spot the location called out, and have zero clue what to do when someone calls out "Node 35" or whatever, which can't be found in the overview.

Have you installed an overview settings pack? If not, ask in fleet if someone has an overview pack. The overview in Eve has to be configured and it's complicated -- best to steal someone else's settings.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Generally speaking every FC broadcast the point in space where you should align or warp in the fleet broadcast. It's here

An FC can warp a fleet to a certain location but it cannot align it, so you basically start aligning where the FC broadcast and then he warps the fleet all at once. Unless someone is not aligned and then it generally dies because yes.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Thanks for the tips! I do use a custom Overview pack (forget which one, but from the GF wiki). Will try to keep an eye on the Overview window then, right now I think I'm just too slow as well in figuring the poo poo out as everything beside the alignment part is still quite overwhelming.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

froody guy posted:

Generally speaking every FC broadcast the point in space where you should align or warp in the fleet broadcast. It's here

An FC can warp a fleet to a certain location but it cannot align it, so you basically start aligning where the FC broadcast and then he warps the fleet all at once. Unless someone is not aligned and then it generally dies because yes.

This right here. Keep the history tab open on the fleet window. Then the FC says to align, he'll usually broadcast it too. Then you just right-click on the broadcasted align in the fleet window and click 'align' . It's that easy.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Should I submit my Atron losses through Affordable care?

Well, this one is easy, at least. No!

There's no reimbursement for those because you shouldn't be paying for them in the first place.

Join the "GS_Frigates" channel, follow the instructions, receive pile of free frigates.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Also, Atrons are still handy to have about. Tackling things, burning perches so that the FC can warp the fleet away if need be.

As far as your isk goes, you shouldn't be worrying about it. Atrons are free to you. Until you can get the hang of making money at a rate that isn't ball crushingly slow, just fly free poo poo.

Next time you're in a fleet, say in fleet chat that you are new and no idea what to do and what should you be doing? Most people throw money at newbies since getting started is such a slow process. Probably the easiest isk making things to get into for a newbie is going to be salvaging or exploration. But don't worry so much about that yet, focus on learning to do the fleet stuff and how that works. Once you've got that down, and you can start training into the next thing you want to do you can start branching out into sigs and squads.

For example, if you like playing healer, once you're into that you could drop $20 bucks and get like a billion isk. That should tide you over for a long rear end time, with re-imbursment your actual loss is pretty small.

Also what is your character name?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Positive: Properly doing skill training according to the wiki page.
Negative: Can only pilot a lovely Atron, even mining doesn't look feasible currently in nullsec (NPC-s kill me).

Positive: Every exchange I've had with people from GoonWaffe has been nothing but positive.
Negative: nothing.

Positive: Managed to scavenge some PVP wrecks for about 2M ISK of loot.
Negative: Flew to nullsec with 10M, down to 5M in ISK now.

Positive: Almost read through all the basic articles on the Wiki.
Negative: That appears to account for approximately 0.05% of the Wiki content. Still no clue what most of the words and abbreviations on GoonWaffe forums stand for. Should I submit my Atron losses through Affordable care? What the gently caress is an ESI/CREST link? How come everyone manages to align to locations in a second and I need to navigate 30 seconds to find the right spot in place?

Looks fun, guess this is the best time (so many skills to still train) to continue figuring poo poo out, before I am able to fly (and get destroyed) in higher value ships.

please make sure you ask lots of questions in every fleet you go on because one of the few things that warms a bittervet's cold heart is helping a newbee

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug

Beccara posted:

I changed my eve password and gf.com is freaking out so i'm asking here till I can see the forums again

Same thing just happened to me but I'm not really sure why. Haven't changed any passwords, and all my characters are registered on ESI. Returned about a week ago and all I've done so far is read the forums and wiki articles and do some salvaging here and there.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
One of my regrets in EVE, was not being online to participate in that fleet led by a 1 day old newbie.

Genuine starry-eyed newbies are great.

Remember when videogames started playing and posting?

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

R-Type posted:

There should be a game mechanism whereas you create accept a shitass contract like that you get IRL doxxed then all your ISK gets donated to South Africa

FTFY

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
@that new guy - frigate pilots are as valuable as the DPS ships, thanks for holding the kills down and popping drones

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Pomp posted:

is it still impossible to find small fleet fights in this game because everyone's either a pissypants coward and/or cyno bait?

Large swaths of space are still devoid of content, yes, but there are lots of subcap fights that aren't tidi fests (especially if you join SIGs and squads)

Wormhole space has fights with blingy ships all the time, but you've gotta find the right corp(s) to do this in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Pomp posted:

@that new guy - frigate pilots are as valuable as the DPS ships, thanks for holding the kills down and popping drones

EVE has a lot of problems, but CCP completely nailed the balance of being immediately useful but also progressing over time.