Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

NightfallGemini posted:

Speaking of traps, how bad did the nerfs really hurt Arc Traps? The throwspeed one seems like the biggest but I'm not an expert, I just played the thing last league.

Base throw speed got increased from 0.5 to 0.6 (i think) but the biggest gently caress you was cluster traps throw 1 less traps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

Tai posted:

Totems. I'm torn atm.

At level 90 with normal gear and heiro, how long will a totem live for when being attacked by regular map mobs? Do totems get hit by boss AE's? Could they/will they out DPS arc trap with the cluster trap changes?

Never played totems so curious plus I'm too lazy to try it on standard and get to lvl 90 a day before Delve.

My best Arc-totems build with dual Void Batteries and Soul Mantle plus 2x Kikazaru and Self-Flagellation does something like ~750k Shaper DPS. My best Arc-traps build with dual Void Batteries and Tinkerskin does a little short of ~2 million Shaper DPS from just spamming arc traps, and that includes the cluster traps nerf. There's no mana concerns there either, because Tinkerskin + Eldritch Battery = infinite traps.

That being said, the trap build has like 2/3 the effective HP of the totem build. If you go for Dark Pact totems instead, you can get the damage up to 2-3 million.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The thing about Arc traps is that you can use Multitrap instead. Unlike AoE traps like explosive/fire trap, your damage is less dependent on the mob being within both the trap trigger and the damage radius, so as long as one trap triggers, others distal to the triggered trap will also fire its Arc bolt.

The CT trap nerf will hurt those less popular traps hard.

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
But isn't Multitrap also 2, while having worse damage?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Heiro with jacked up placement speed is fast as gently caress. They're like basically instant.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Does warcry duration still affect the duration of poison inflicted by a warcry AKA abyssal cry, or did they change that?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

NightfallGemini posted:

Speaking of traps, how bad did the nerfs really hurt Arc Traps? The throwspeed one seems like the biggest but I'm not an expert, I just played the thing last league.

I did the math for traps a couple days ago:

Count Uvula posted:

Spells and attacks supported by the trap support: 40% less damage
Trap skills: 16% less damage
Trap skills with "+1 traps thrown" Elder gloves: 11% less damage
Cooldown Trap Skills: Negligible difference.

It's worth noting that the relative damage increase from the trap support is based on the cast/attack speed of the skill. Since Arc has a base cast time of 0.8 seconds, the dps difference between self cast arc and trap arc is honestly pretty narrow now but still in the favor of traps--the "penalty" being you can't leech from the traps, but both Saboteur and Tinkerskin are extremely strong sources of life gain.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

How far could I expect to get with an Arc Totems Heiro without using Soul Mantle? Odds are that I'll just be using him to get currency for a CA Trickster/Pathfinder or whatever FOTM build shows up anyway.

Cheap Trick fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 31, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can kill uber elder without a soul mantle. i prefer a loreweave or good shaper rare

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

Cheap Trick posted:

How far could I expect to get with an Arc Totems Heiro without using Soul Mantle? Odds are that I'll just be using him to get currency for a CA Trickster/Pathfinder anyway.

You'll be fine. The 5th totem from Soul Mantle is a 25% damage boost, but you have to get some sort of curse immunity set-up going that uses up your off-hand or both rings to support it, and you could use those slots for damage. It's worth noting though that Soul Mantle also gives you a potential 7-Link on your primary totem, so that's usually another 20-30% more damage.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I opened bestiary with an arc totems hiero and took it to late red maps before I'd saved enough for a 6L Inpulsa which took me to... late red maps before I got bored of the league. You can kill Uber elder (with difficulty) without Soul Mantle, and red elder and shaper fairly easily.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

And doing a curse immunity set up isn't that hard to be honest. I just used a diamond flask with anti-curse without using those curse rings.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
I found a viper strike pathfinder build here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201450 and was wondering if it looked reasonable? The level 90 pastebin is here https://pastebin.com/hDYqqn0Y.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Thanks y'all. I just got annoyed at having to deal with the curse mechanic after having tried Totems with Soul Mantle in Bestiary league.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah if you dont want to deal with it dont feel like you have to at all.

Xeras posted:

I found a viper strike pathfinder build here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201450 and was wondering if it looked reasonable? The level 90 pastebin is here https://pastebin.com/hDYqqn0Y.
maybe melee splash and the crawler will make it not godawful for mapping? i dunno though. tough sell

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

Vanguard Warden posted:

You'll be fine. The 5th totem from Soul Mantle is a 25% damage boost, but you have to get some sort of curse immunity set-up going that uses up your off-hand or both rings to support it, and you could use those slots for damage.

You can just use a warding flask as long as you don't mind hitting it every few seconds. It's annoying to deal with but totally doable.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Wait how does Inpulsa and totems interact? I thought totems won't trigger the "you kill" to make the mobs pop.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
So hows budget KB wanders in delve, any point in trying?
Raging spirits?
Will any of that stay alive for any amount of time?

e: cause delve looks like youre getting swarmed from all sides, and i dont know if the above will do any good in that scenario. Sounds like BV would be perfect, or RF, things that kill by being near me or something.
wanders are fun and have insane clear but delve will be more into survivability i suppose?

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 31, 2018

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Phobophilia posted:

Wait how does Inpulsa and totems interact? I thought totems won't trigger the "you kill" to make the mobs pop.
They won't.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Xeras posted:

I haven't updated Path of Building so I can't look at the tree, but there's a whole lot of weird as hell choices here-- 4 vaal skills??? No area clear outside of herald of agony, if you don't slot melee splash. Calling the Embalmer BIS gloves (it's very good as an early source of a 5link but far from best in slot). Flasks are fine choices, and Wasp's Nest is great for any VS build.

A lot of it will come down to whether the Herald of Agony mook clears efficiently enough to be your main clear skill, but even if it is I'd probably do a Cyclone + Decay set up so you don't have to actually stop and shank some fuckers to keep your virulence up, while the decay thins crowds.

Really the main issue with the linked build is the guy seems obsessed with just getting the highest raw damage numbers possible but there's a lot of concessions to be made to make the build actually clear fast and not feel like you're wasting a lot of time as you go. Like sure getting a million poison stacks is cool but if it takes 30 seconds to get there the build is absolute garbage against anything but red tier bosses.

Count Uvula fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Aug 31, 2018

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

They won't.

Much to my dismay after getting a berek's respite and a inpulsa on my arc totem character

Felt real dumb I tell ya, doubly dumb when i found out berek's respite and inpulsa also dont work

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQy4JQxniLk

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

stack beams then cyclone perhaps?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Also mentions a white socket fossil.

and per ziggy on crawler speed:

quote:

Yeah, I was not able to outrun the crawler with adrenaline quicksilver, rigwalds, phase run, 20% ms boots and onslaught. Seems like it'll keep up no matter what.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Cool. Do we know much about the new holy relic spell? Sounds like it's just perma life regen if you're attacking, which is kinda nice?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Got my sword and board build set up. If you ever want to try your hand at just making a build from scratch, this is a good starting point because its dead simple to figure out passives

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

stanislaus posted:

Would appreciate a ginvite if there's still room in the guild, character name: dockam. thanks!

Invited. Also accidentally sent you a friend invite instead of a guild invite, ignore that one :>

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Can loving GGG get with the times and implement larger guilds for fucks sake

There's plenty of room right now

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Seems like fun, but the visuals are really anemic. Shame, I need constant explosions or light shows to keep me interested.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Cool. Do we know much about the new holy relic spell? Sounds like it's just perma life regen if you're attacking, which is kinda nice?

There's a cooldown, so it's not permanent. And there's always the chance it'll get destroyed, since it's a minion.

TheRat posted:

I'll take an invite, then. NoperQuill should work.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Interesting interaction with Phase Run, but it sounds like he was implying phase run gave a damage boost for the entire duration of the buff. That's not right at all. This just means static strike doesn't interrupt the movement boost, unlike most other ways of attacking things. Static Strike really is closely aligned with hooves and RF.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

TheRat posted:

Has there been a purge? I haven't logged in in a few days as I always lose interest at the end of a league but I'll be straight in when delve goes live. Once my lovely internet connection downloads it anyway.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I feel like you're underestimating totems here a bit. Mathils old shimmeron arc totem build had something along the lines of 500k dps per totem. Thats with the stuff he had in bestiary, so good 3-stat jewels and a 21/0 arc, but without Soul Mantle. He has claimed that a good shaped staff would out damage that in 3.4, which I would find pretty crazy since shimmeron is one hell of a lot of damage, but if its anywhere close to those numbers it definitely doesn't have to hide from traps.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Has there been a purge? I haven't logged in in a few days as I always lose interest at the end of a league but I'll be straight in when delve goes live. Once my lovely internet connection downloads it anyway.

Was a purge last night. Servers are still up with the old previous client if you want to check.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

TheRat posted:

Was a purge last night. Servers are still up with the old previous client if you want to check.

drat, won't have a chance until tonight. If you kicked ZappMannigan, a re-add would be ace until I can get a new character up because solo sucks.

Edit: also I got so many free maps last league when trying to fill out my atlas I really need to return some favours.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

drat, won't have a chance until tonight. If you kicked ZappMannigan, a re-add would be ace until I can get a new character up because solo sucks.

Edit: also I got so many free maps last league when trying to fill out my atlas I really need to return some favours.

you were still in the guild

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

My hero. Finally I'll be in the guild early enough for my dumped in poo poo tier uniques to be useful!

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
How exactly does increasing base crit% work with things that have no base crit, like secondary damage from explosions? I read that 5% is the minimum a skill can have, but do the increased crit strike mods work off that 5% as a base, or the actual amount being given to it (in my own situation, adding 0.5% base crit to abyssal cry via Pure Talent)

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Could I get a guild invite? Character name is spinawon

Bugsy posted:

https://pastebin.com/cGmeEuQp

Improved your pathing a bit, and picked up some more jewel sockets. Got to take those 1 and 2 pointers. 4% less life and a little less regen. My guess would be Radiant Faith and Unwavering Faith as well for the last 4. I think you will need to play around with the area stuff to make sure, but those could be easy cuts.

I think you want to go full conversion with phys to lightning and then use a stat stick in your off hand as smite uses main hand only. Wrath and then herald of purity to get your minions then?

Nice, thanks. For whatever reason I never tend to think about jewel sockets and that pathing seems much more efficient

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran
Early league guild? Don't mind if I do. DelpED if I may.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I think Ive caught every invite request so far, but there are still 54 guild slots open so if you want to be in the guild early league now is definitely the time to ask. Experience says it will be full tomorrow and Ill have a 30 name waiting list in a few days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osci
Oct 11, 2016
I wouldn't mind an invite: Elehitzzz