Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
He punched open those handcuffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Maybe Colleen told Danny that this Parker fellow is exactly as competent and useful as he is?

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Choco1980 posted:

He punched open those handcuffs.

Can the Iron Fist do that? Is this like how people think Cyclops can set fires because his eyebeams are red?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
As it turns out, Iron Fist's powers aren't ki-based, he just opens a portal to the brick dimension in his fist.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mikl posted:

the brick dimension

*Peter shudders* Jésus Christi.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The henchwomen have clearly done this so many times. "Oh look, Suwan is betraying Claw because of Jimmy again. You'd think Claw would stop using her for things..."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

That's nepotism!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe he should just stop trying to kill Woo and go after an FBI agent his niece isn't in love with.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
suwan betraying her granduncle for woo was what something like 95% of her appearances consisted of. her sidekicks know the score.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Scaramouche posted:

And not dementia but a recent study dropped citing air pollution can "effectively remove a year's worth of education" (as measured by testing, not literally forget a year) in males overs 64. With a lede that spicy I'd take it with a grain of salt though.
Don't forget "in China", because the entire population studied was in China, so there's plenty of other environmental factors that people don't automatically think of like, you know, famine.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hate-Senpai posted:

Maybe he should just stop trying to kill Woo and go after an FBI agent his niece isn't in love with.

This is Newspaper FBI, they've only got the one agent.

Although now I realize I really want to see Newspaper Spider-Man's version of Nick Fury :aaa:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The colorists will have a fight

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

I'm sorry, I hope this one satisfies you!

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Greggster posted:

I'm sorry, I hope this one satisfies you!

It leaves a lot to be desired, honestly.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

For one, just the mention of Thomas the Tank Engine promises an appearance of his iconic visage, so disappointment from the reader was inevitable from the start.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Don't be discouraged. There's no possible way to gently caress up NSM, trust me, the writers/colorists have tried.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Golden Claw really is a dick for breaking that oath. This is the Marvel Universe, you can transform him into a frog or sent him to the Dark Dimension. No killing necessary.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

The MSJ posted:

Golden Claw really is a dick for breaking that oath. This is the Marvel Universe, you can transform him into a frog or sent him to the Dark Dimension. No killing necessary.

Wouldn't work. Woo's been studying magic.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Who would've thought that the criminal overlord would break an oath.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

So I assume all of that stuff behind Suwan in the last panel is authentic, 100% accurate Chinese writing.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I like that the villains of the last two arcs would have succeeded in their plans completely, if only they hadn't felt the need to be tremendous dicks to one specific person.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't see how that applies to the lizard

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't see how that applies to the lizard

I meant to type arcs with a villain, but it's late and I am dumb. The Lizard wasn't so much a villain last arc as just a weirdo Florida Man, much like fellow weirdo Florida Man The Hulk.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you could tell the lizard was connors' evil alter ego because the lizard planned to gently caress a bunch of swamp animals without smoking a bunch of meth first.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I like that the villains of the last two arcs would have succeeded in their plans completely, if only they hadn't felt the need to be tremendous dicks to one specific person.

What are you talking about the villain Peter Parker succeeded in his quest to ruin Uncle Moley and Aunt May's wedding/happiness, and it was being a tremendous dick that allowed him to do so!

....Uncle Moley....

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Cabbit posted:

So I assume all of that stuff behind Suwan in the last panel is authentic, 100% accurate Chinese writing.

This time it actually looks like they put some effort into it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The sign certainly looks like attempts at proper characters. Whether they're in a meaningful order or just a first pass attempt at some google translate...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I assume it translates to Drink Your Ovaltine

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Aw, Iron Fist stickin up for Parker.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is... is Fist's '?' speech balloon inside a shop window?!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahaha it totally is

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

oh my god, i didn't even see that. what even happened there.

for sanity's sake i'm just going to assume that iron fist didn't say anything and there's just a standee that says "?" on it in that store.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Probably a printing store. Most of them are run by Chinese people where I live.

I totally thought the "next" blurb said that Iron Fist and Peter will defeat Golden Claw's Asian methods with their "great white way".

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Colleen in panel 5 could really use a week off work.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Christ, that lazy eye

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Aw, Iron Fist stickin up for Parker.

"Is Peter Parker gone?"
Did you not just watch him saunter across the street and leave? Is there a brick epidemic in the Big Apple?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Odonata posted:

"Is Peter Parker gone?"
Did you not just watch him saunter across the street and leave? Is there a brick epidemic in the Big Apple?
When Peter's not in-panel, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Peter?"

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Alright so I've only been keeping up with this for a month or so. I have a feeling I know the answer based on the tone around here, but: does Peter become more intelligent once he has his costume on? It seems almost every dopey decision he's made since I started reading (during some kind of bout of napping on a couch a while back) has involved him not wanting to expose himself as even slightly physically competent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

If anything, he's much worse. The difference between Pete in and out of costume is like the difference between a clumsy drunk trying to walk down the street and sprint.