Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Bored posted:

TBF, cats are obligate carnivores. Cats can't be vegetarians so I doubt being vegan is an option.

You would be surprised what you can make a cat eat if you don't give them any options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Trig Discipline posted:

You would be surprised what you can make a cat eat if you don't give them any options.

You would be surprised what a cat will eat if you give them multiple options. Hard food, soft food, treats? My cat prefers grass and mystery snacks hidden in the carpet unless it's five AM. Then his food all vanishes just time to harass me when I wake up for more.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I would not be surprised by that at all, that's peak cat performance right there.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Trig Discipline posted:

What I mean is, they actually die without meat in their diet. Yeah, sometimes they think other stuff is cool, but they still need an animal based protein source to live.

https://www.aspca.org/news/why-cant-my-cat-be-vegan

quote:

Taurine: Taurine is an amino acid (the building blocks of protein) essential for cats. Taurine can only be found in animal sources such as meat, milk, etc. It is not found in plant sources. Taurine can be synthesized in humans and dogs, but cats are unable to do this and require a direct source from an animal product. Cats who are fed a vegan diet will often develop a deficiency of taurine because the diet doesn't provide them with this essential amino acid.

Cats with taurine deficiency can develop a heart issue known as dilated cardiomyopathy or DCM. In cats with DCM, the heart muscle becomes very thin and weak, preventing them from pumping blood and supplying oxygen to the body normally. This is a fatal disease if not corrected early on. A lack of adequate taurine can also cause severe eye problems in cats, including blindness.

Protein: Cats require a diet high in protein. Plants simply don't have high enough levels of high-quality, highly digestible protein to meet a cat's dietary requirements.

Carbohydrates: Cats are not good at digesting carbohydrates. They don't get much energy from them, and a carbohydrate-rich diet is not appropriate for cats. They need calorie dense options that meat provides.

The bottom line is that because cats are obligate carnivores, their gastrointestinal tracts and metabolism have adapted to eating meat. They can't digest plant material well, and they require essential nutrients that only meat can provide to them. They aren't adapted to digesting a plant-based diet, and meat absolutely needs to be on the table when you are feeding a cat.

Feeding cats a vegan or vegetarian diet literally kills them.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You're preaching to the choir here, I think it's awful.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

That's so they can't survive if they get off the island

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

My mom feed our cats raw fish and they are all end up pretty healthy.

Like you never had 3 generations in your family talk about balls over social media.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The MSJ posted:

Like you never had 3 generations in your family talk about balls over social media.

The bald eagle's more like a squawker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlq2kcYQcLc&t=13s

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Pakled posted:

The bald eagle's more like a squawker.

And that cockatoo is definitely a screecher.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm very grateful I was too old for Harry Pottah

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

Yeah, I mean, just imagine where you'd be if you had read the cursed tome.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Bored posted:

What I mean is, they actually die without meat in their diet. Yeah, sometimes they think other stuff is cool, but they still need an animal based protein source to live.

https://www.aspca.org/news/why-cant-my-cat-be-vegan

Feeding cats a vegan or vegetarian diet literally kills them.

Clearly you just need to suppliment your kitties ethical vegan diet with doses of Red Bull. Give mittens some wings.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Memento posted:

And that cockatoo is definitely a screecher.

Picnic Princess posted:

This mashed together for me and now I'm picturing Australian Harry Potter where they use cockatoos instead of owls.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This mashed together for me and now I'm picturing Australian Harry Potter where they use cockatoos instead of owls.

"Yer a wizzard ya oval office"

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They can't actually fly on brooms, they're just constantly drunk enough to believe they can

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

How about Scottish Harry Potter?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKNhPpUR0Pg

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE IT'S TRUE.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
terrible

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Actually, that was pretty good.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/LHatKent/status/1034842182073626624

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

"super pact"

God, that's terrible.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

At least he admits he's a living meme :shrug:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Pershing posted:

"super pact"

God, that's terrible.

That's how the Justice League was formed.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Now that's an unfortunate loving name.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Data Graham posted:

Now that's an unfortunate loving name.

“, but call me Sig”

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Subjunctive posted:

“, but call me Sig”

"It's a gun reference, GOD"

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Trig Discipline posted:

I volunteer at a cat adoption place. Our oldest resident is a thirteen year old grumpy cat named Baby. She was given up by an elderly woman who couldn't take care of her anymore, but she'd been feeding her nothing but Special K cereal for years. Poor Baby has like two teeth left and likes to boss everyone around, cats and people alike. So she survived on cereal, but just barely, and now she's toothless and cranky.

LifeLynx has a new favorite as of 14:51 on Aug 31, 2018

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Show me on the gun where the feminists touched you

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

The MSJ posted:

What category is Literally a Bird in?

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
man I hope someone just beats that guy up

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

E: nvm

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Pershing posted:

"super pact"

God, that's terrible.

"..funded by memes" no less

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
Well, that's another kid at Kent State who would've cheered on the National Guard.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

The Bloop posted:

Show me on the gun where the feminists touched you

Lol that you think anything remotely connected to the word would even want to be in the same room as him, let alone touch him.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Show me on the gun where you fantisize about the feminist trying to touch you so that you can shoot xem

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The obvious answer is he stuck the gun up his butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Anti-cultural?

Edit: Oh holy poo poo it's a thing. It's just super duper racism.