Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Like... the pure unbridled grift of arbitrarily deciding you need a second stage to show off.... people making a digital knife and then deciding that necessitates a $100,000 camera crew so “oh well i guess we’ll have to charge people to watch” is loving incredible to me lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

jarlywarly posted:

I subbed here just for this amazing own goal.

Bring cats.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

looks like multiple people already took advantage of this offer!!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lies, there’s the purchasing of avatars.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Hav posted:

Lies, there’s the purchasing of avatars.

why don't you melt your avatar then and buy a new one :smuggo:

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

To all the new faces around here, please enjoy the many different aspects of SomethingAwful.com, like the front page with articles that are funny.

Or maybe you can check out:

-PYF, with cool and bad opinions alike!
-Ask/Tell, where no question is too stupid!
-DIY, where you can show off your creative side!
-Goons with Spoons, how to get fat in 20 easy steps!
-Book Barn, talk about books or some poo poo, I dunno!

Goons are diverse creatures and it would be a shame if you labelled yourself as a "Joined 4 Star Citizen", or ascribed to the same general thought of Reddit, or others spurned by goons, that we are a singularly-minded group hellbent on destroying what people love most. Star Citizen.

I'll add the Terrible Awful Games on Steam thread to that list. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808016

Do not browse at work. May ensue in uncontrollable hilarity and a total loss of faith in humanity. Viewer discretion is advised.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

darkarchon posted:

why don't you melt your avatar then and buy a new one :smuggo:

Don’t make me break out the disposable income.

I mean, i’ll have to hit coinstar first...

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh no! The gaming press are picking up on the bucks to see broadcast thingy.

Quick! To the comments section! Deploy the Blobbers!

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Hobold posted:

I really hope this poo poo gets recorded in full, and rehosted on dozens of different sites.

The world needs to see the unvarnished truth, so they too, can laugh.

Even if nobody restreams the live broadcast, I hope someone with access records it to later post on YouTube, so we can compare it with CIG's edited version to identify all the cockups.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

:golfclap:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Every day I am lolling

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Beet Wagon posted:

Like... the pure unbridled grift of arbitrarily deciding you need a second stage to show off.... people making a digital knife and then deciding that necessitates a $100,000 camera crew so “oh well i guess we’ll have to charge people to watch” is loving incredible to me lol

They should have gone with a "Roberts Carousel Of Parps" revolving stage.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Chris a month ago:

:lol:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

This seems as a good a time as any to get back on following this drama train.

Love the AV my dude

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Neltharak posted:

I'll add the Terrible Awful Games on Steam thread to that list. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808016

Do not browse at work. May ensue in uncontrollable hilarity and a total loss of faith in humanity. Viewer discretion is advised.

Or, if you want to see open development of gaming videos for fun time, check out the Let's Play sub-forum, where people like me play video games that exist and offer wonderful experiences.

Like these:

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Circling the drain.

This is the best drama, but enjoy it while it lasts, it's all be over in two weeks months years or so.
The cherry on the icing will be when it gets discovered that someone bought the IP rights in the firesale of the rubble and it was Derek Smart for :10bux:

biglads fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 31, 2018

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
"Obviously the camera crew will be so blown away by what they see that they will buy spaceships immediately and recoup most, if not all the cost of the event."

-Some Commando, unironically

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Actually it makes more sense from this perspective, I wonder if they actually are thinking of :gasp: *us*?

We're the only ones who taker a critical eye to what's presented and are able to dissect all the problems / inconsistencies with what they show. They don't want to be reminded that they don't have a sandworm 2 years later, that they show things which aren't in the game or even close to being a game.

It's a vertical slice which is manufactured for and only for the presentation - none if it is in the game. They don't like goons pointing this out.

Exactly. And let's face it, there's no new money coming in. Showing their lovely convention to new customers is a low priority. They've been deep into whale milking territory for years now, they've seen the numbers. It's why they came up with the Warbond only LTI racket in the first place. The whales were sitting on armadas of ships and would just melt some old crap they had for new things, so CIG probably made no money off their ship sales.

Looking at the number of people who actually watch Citizencon on Twitch, subtracting the people who are just there for laughs or people casually tuning in and multiplying the remaining audience with 20... the income from this bullshit wouldn't even register on their funding tracker.

Then they'll just release edited versions for maximum viewing pleasure a few days later. It's an ACTUAL cult.

Awesome Fidelity
Aug 16, 2017

The path i walk lights up in
fidelity
I think you guys are misinformed once again. They don't need an expensive camera team. I've heard a few devs slapped together a high end camera from some plywood and old binoculars in their free time

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Mangoose posted:

It's an ACTUAL cult.

Posted before, some relevant attributes with respect to this latest fiasco highlighted.

quote:

Concerted efforts at influence and control lie at the core of cultic groups, programs, and relationships. Many members, former members, and supporters of cults are not fully aware of the extent to which members may have been manipulated, exploited, even abused. The following list of social-structural, social-psychological, and interpersonal behavioral patterns commonly found in cultic environments may be helpful in assessing a particular group or relationship.

Compare these patterns to the situation you were in (or in which you, a family member, or friend is currently involved). This list may help you determine if there is cause for concern. Bear in mind that this list is not meant to be a �cult scale� or a definitive checklist to determine if a specific group is a cult. This is not so much a diagnostic instrument as it is an analytical tool.

• The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.

• Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.

• Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).

• The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry�or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).

• The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).

• The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.

• The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).

• The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members' participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).

• The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt iin order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.

• Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.

• The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.

• The group is preoccupied with making money.

• Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.

• Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.

• The most loyal members (the 'true believers') feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
basically the corpus from warframe are what happens to star citizens in 15,000 years

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

basically the corpus from warframe are what happens to star citizens in 15,000 years

The corpus are a cult based on profits? fascinating.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
THEY COULD HAVE AT LEAST CLONED SOMETHING LESS UGLY

HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW! TENNO!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
So I just need to buy a ticket them re stream it? How easy is this to do? I am more than happy to throw the thumb $20 just to laugh in his face

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
*cue Crobbear over comms*

I hate, eh, when things are locked behind a paywall, Tenno.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

peter gabriel posted:

So I just need to buy a ticket them re stream it? How easy is this to do? I am more than happy to throw the thumb $20 just to laugh in his face

Make sure you post the NDA in the same post which you link to the re-hosted stream and / or the screenshots of their lies and fuckups

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I think we might already have a restream set up. You might not have to part with any more cash

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

peter gabriel posted:

It is illegal to restream, dont illegally restream it. ESPECIALLY on 3rd party sites.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

if you do, please just PM us cool people because if you post it in the thread it'll probably get taken down

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
even dolvak is going after the crobbears now

goddamn I love this fuckin game

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

*cue Crobbear over comms*

I hate, eh, when things are locked behind a paywall, Tenno.

ARE YOU READY TO MAKE A SACRIFICE, TENNO?!

That'll be 20$ US

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
lmao at everything

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The corpus are a cult based on profits? fascinating.

You've not seen Nef Anyo much, have you?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Jobbo_Fett posted:

ARE YOU READY TO MAKE A SACRIFICE, TENNO?!

That'll be 20$ US

I feel another Believer about to put their faith into the Void. Step forth, so that my Bursa shall know you.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Posted before, some relevant attributes with respect to this latest fiasco highlighted.

Burying the lede, 'Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.'

Throwing their poo poo behind a paywall pre-selects the audience, which is a way to remove dissent.

Hobold posted:

I've played Warframe a couple of times, but the thread and fans appear to be speaking arabic. Can we get warframe subtitles?

I'm vaguely serious, the game is in my wheelhouse, but I'm drowning in stuff.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If these broke brained fuckers like being hurt for money and pain for pleasure this much stop paying into star citizen and buy a local dominatrix off of craigslist or something

At least then you'll get something for your money

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hobold posted:

poo poo I think the line was greed, whatever. I never remember what they say. Also gently caress Glast Gambit.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

And at the end you'll be left feeling just as empty

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Jobbo_Fett posted:

poo poo I think the line was greed, whatever. I never remember what they say. Also gently caress Glast Gambit.

I fully agree with you.

Nef sounds just like Crobears. The hell man.

"I don't need your creditsmoney, I'm a rich man. But the VoidVerse, the VoidVerse needs to know you have faith!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

I think we might already have a restream set up. You might not have to part with any more cash

Ahhh no worries.
I am happy to forfeit my twitch account, game account, whatever - going out in style could be funny