Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

sugar is pretty dense. I'm not sure people realize it but those little bags you buy are 5lbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

You read incorrectly

What did I get wrong? I looked over the article again, they were definitely selling heroin. Tons of non fentanyl related charges listed on the first article

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

sugar is pretty dense. I'm not sure people realize it but those little bags you buy are 5lbs.

Yeah, I've probably got 14 lbs of sugar at home just due to "Am I out of sugar? Better grab a bag to be sure."

OTOH what I don't have is 14 lbs of sugar that is going to be mistaken for anything but sugar, wonder how it was stored

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Proteus Jones posted:

Don't they have simple chemical field kits to detect the presence of drugs like this?

Like a drug dog, a field drug test will just be positive for no reason other than the color of your skin.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Yeah, those dudes also had charges for heroin and marijuana. Only the fentanyl-based charges were dropped.

That said, I can easily see the sugar being innocent. When I was a kid, we used to store sugar in a big tupperware container to use as needed. Possible these dudes kept their sugar in something similar, and the cops just assumed that any white powder must be suspicious.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Jabor posted:

He doesn't actually mix, just sits on top.

...Jesus is oil?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

KingSlime posted:

What did I get wrong? I looked over the article again, they were definitely selling heroin. Tons of non fentanyl related charges listed on the first article

there's no mention of sugar being used for cutting. It's implied they were not otherwise some of the white powder wouldn't have been 100% simple carbs.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The fentanyl was really sugar. The heroin was really brown sugar. The weed was really oregano. Those fuckers at Sarah's Diner beat the system again but we'll get'em next time.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Proteus Jones posted:

Don't they have simple chemical field kits to detect the presence of drugs like this?

Yes, but they also are abysmally unreliable or oversensitive on some substances.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

there's no mention of sugar being used for cutting. It's implied they were not otherwise some of the white powder wouldn't have been 100% simple carbs.

Oh yeah thats my suspicion based on the facts they do give us, never said the article stated that!

People use all sorts of whack poo poo to cut, is sugar never used for that purpose?

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Some local schade-https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/couples-terror-pensioner-neighbours-knife-1955070

quote:

A couple have lifted the lid on what it’s been like living next to an “evil” pensioner who has subjected them to a prolonged period of violent harassment which has included knife threats, dog poo throwing and attempted pet poisonings.

quote:

Gary added: “She’s very clever at turning things around. She claims that she was the victim and went around telling all her neighbours that we were saying things about them.

The schadenfreude is that the newspaper reached to her for comment:

quote:

When approached for comment by Cornwall Live, Minns said: "It is the biggest load of rubbish. I'm in total shock. I'm a 72-year-old who is five foot tall with ME and have had three major ops in 18 months.

"I'm completely shocked to the ground. I don't know why you've (Cornwall Live) had to ring a 72-year-old who lives on her own. I've been bullied. Anybody who knows me knows I'm nothing like that.

"I'll admit the drink driving. I was very stupid. I'm normally very gentle, kind and I've been totally obliterated."

When told that the story was in the West Briton, Minns said, "I want to shoot the editor in the head" before hanging up the phone.

She then called back and told reporter Chris Matthews he was "a pathetic little sh*t".

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Burning_Monk posted:

Who the gently caress has 13 pounds of sugar though? Some shady sweet poo poo is going on in that house.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Krankenstyle posted:

Yeah it's the same instinct that makes them super interested when you're digging a hole in the yard. Something ancestral tells them that rodents and what-not hide in such places.

Try digging a hole with chickens around. Although at least they help dig.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Memento posted:

Did you see earlier in the video where the idiot was knocked down on his rear end? That's sometimes what happens in MMA, you can get a flash knockdown and come back from it.

Here, watch this video and tell me where you would have stopped the fight with the white guy winning. Sorry for the bad quality, the UFC is pretty good about getting things taken down otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwK8oye3WgU

I would've stopped it once the guy fell over the first time, immediately after the first punch of GnP. basically ten seconds in. guy was in autopilot mode and wrestling purely on instinct from the knees. Who knows, the guy probably snapped back into it mid exchange but he was shook big time.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

JackMann posted:

Yeah, those dudes also had charges for heroin and marijuana. Only the fentanyl-based charges were dropped.

That said, I can easily see the sugar being innocent. When I was a kid, we used to store sugar in a big tupperware container to use as needed. Possible these dudes kept their sugar in something similar, and the cops just assumed that any white powder must be suspicious.

I don't know about the US but in the UK sugar comes in paper bags that rip easy or the glue holding the sides together fails or opps you've placed it on a wet surface.

Gotta tub your sugar.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Ak Gara posted:

I don't know about the US but in the UK sugar comes in paper bags that rip easy or the glue holding the sides together fails or opps you've placed it on a wet surface.

In the US, sugar comes in paper bags that are 2 tissue-thin layers, folded over at the top, then sealed with Satan's own glue. You can't open it without destroying the packaging.

Ak Gara posted:

Gotta tub your sugar.

Yep.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Ears back, expect attack

Way better

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Burning_Monk posted:

Who the gently caress has 13 pounds of sugar though? Some shady sweet poo poo is going on in that house.

Americans. They put it in barbeque sauce and then get angry when normal people spit their sickly sweet meat on the ground where it belongs.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

https://twitter.com/Mozzole/status/1035624763983581184/video/1

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:lol:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-says-off-the-record-comments-made-to-bloomberg-about-canada-were-blatantly-violated-2018-08-31

Trump made a bunch of off-the-record comments telling reporters that he was going to be dishonest dealing with Canada on a trade agreement because he wanted Canada to look bad by not making a deal.

They leaked the remarks anyway.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-says-off-the-record-comments-made-to-bloomberg-about-canada-were-blatantly-violated-2018-08-31

Trump made a bunch of off-the-record comments telling reporters that he was going to be dishonest dealing with Canada on a trade agreement because he wanted Canada to look bad by not making a deal.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1035597354395680774
HOW DARE THEY PUBLIS... I MEAN I DIDNT SAY THAT

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Ak Gara posted:

Gotta tub your sugar.

that how you dont get an ant problem.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
https://www.facebook.com/DougWarner.Journalist/videos/1451881858179523/

"''Bout that time, them Duke boys..."

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Jerry Cotton posted:

Americans. They put it in barbeque sauce and then get angry when normal people spit their sickly sweet meat on the ground where it belongs.

First we put HFCS in the catsup, and put that in the the sauce. Then we add sugar.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jerry Cotton posted:

I think 13 pounds of sugar is what they use to make a glass of an alleged beverage known as "sweet tea".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

I think 13 pounds of sugar is what they use to make a glass of an alleged beverage known as "sweet tea".

They could make the drat glass with that, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqPcQT98umU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Samuringa posted:

...Jesus is oil?

*america busts into bible* WOAH PRETTY BIG TERRORIST PROBLEM HERE WE BETTER INVADE

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

A Very Stable Genius posted:

According to the Canadian publication, which said it obtained Trump’s comments, the president said he wasn’t making any compromises in trade discussions and offered that he wouldn’t make that stance public because “it’s going to be so insulting they’re not going to be able to make a deal.”

These are some pre-statutory rape era Woody Allen level shenanigans.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I honestly can't believe powerfully understand how stupid he is

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A man who genuinely believes in "jokes on them, I'm only pretending to be retarded!"
Way to go, idiot americans who voted for him. :cripes:

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Burning_Monk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNstQ6q-kYw

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Malachite_Dragon posted:

A man who genuinely believes in "jokes on them, I'm only pretending to be retarded!"
Way to go, idiot americans who voted for him. :cripes:

Always keep in mind that most Americans voted for his opponent and he only won because of an electoral system that gives higher weight to empty patches of dirt than densely populated cities.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Grandpa still got it, this is pretty impressive, aside from the falling in his face part.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://i.imgur.com/6dZHcmv.gifv

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

"sweet-tea" is an abomination before the eyes of the lord.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kinda wanna see the aftermath of this kiss.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Is that a snapping turtle? Dude is lucky to still have a face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I live like 3000km away from the closest snapping turtle habitat and even I've known you don't gently caress with them my whole life.