Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I went to the school of hard knocks and tuition was an arm and a leg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Cash, grass, or rear end nobody rides for free.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Vos dabitis mihi pecunia, gramen aut vestra blandeque coruscant

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I paid some money for college. Some people paid more than me, other people paid less than me.

I just wanted to share that.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Is this now the personal anecdote thread?

I paid 6 figures for art school, got a job in IT and now 8 years later i'm super close to having it paid off.

That's my story. Clearly everyone should do what I did. Or not because gently caress having to pay 800 a month for loans right out of school.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
BWM i-Series

For a limited time

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

BWM i-Series

For a limited time

This made me check thier site, the i3 looks so ugly it was GWM because it stopped me from looking at it more.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Vox Nihili posted:

Refinancing loans is oftentimes quite GWM? Don't need to be rich, either, but as always it helps.

I was honestly just being lovely but IME unless you have decent collateral, refinancing just means shackling yourself to higher interest for the sake of getting some more time before you go under.

Obviously refinancing for better terms is GWM but I don't think it's what the dude with the truck would be doing.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

hi i went to a university and now i'm out and working in a job thanks for reading my story and thanks for caring

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
If you're too dumb to get a scholarship at a state school you should go to community college.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

OctaviusBeaver posted:

If you're too dumb to get a scholarship at a state school you should go to community college.

I was too dumb to get admitted to any universities I applied to, so I just worked instead

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I went to a VERY prestigious college you've CERTAINLY heard of where I majored in and graduated with honors from something awfully STEMMY before attending medical school in the IVY LEAGUE and that's how I became the insufferable prick you love to hate, EAT FASTER!!!!!!

At the time my yearly tuition probably actually was $42,069.69

howdoesishotweb
Nov 21, 2002

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I went to a VERY prestigious college you've CERTAINLY heard of where I majored in and graduated with honors from something awfully STEMMY before attending medical school in the IVY LEAGUE and that's how I became the insufferable prick you love to hate, EAT FASTER!!!!!!

BWM. A prestigious/expensive undergrad and prestigious/expensive medical school don’t mean poo poo when it comes to grinding out those sweet RVUs.

Also lol that my undergrad “only” raised tuition 4% but is a 2k jump these days!

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Great name change lol,

also 1) because we are paid monthly and 2) the Labor Day holiday ends the month the payroll office stated that paychecks won't be deposited until Tuesday, 9/4 and people are losing their drat minds.

How? Aren’t you an anesthesiologist? How are people who make that much going nuts over a 3 day pause in their pay?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Cacafuego posted:

How? Aren’t you an anesthesiologist? How are people who make that much going nuts over a 3 day pause in their pay?

people spend their salary. Not having EOM money for rent etc is going to gently caress quite a few

howdoesishotweb
Nov 21, 2002

Cacafuego posted:

I would imagine he means ancillary staff. Lot of techs, nurses, clerical staff

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Cacafuego posted:

people who aren't anesthesiologists work at hospitals too

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

med school is the last educational institution where that poo poo dont matter

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Cacafuego posted:

As we've seen a billion times in this thread, making a lot of money absolutely does not mean that you aren't terribly in debt and living paycheck to paycheck.

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

I stopped following this thread because I thought I'd accidentally clicked on a college thread that somebody made. Why have we been forsaken of good content?

Also thanks Moneyball for the gangtag change a few days ago.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

how are you so dumb that you don't understand an extremely normal, easy to explain blue collar job
She claims she has both a bachelors and masters, too. Amazing. I kind of believe this - online diploma mills are a thing.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Just lol if your horse didn’t go to college

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
a guy from vanguard called yesterday to ask me how i was voting for stuff
i told him to vote for the interests of communism, like an edgelord, and he was like, "ok", as if he heard it every day

i did "imagine how bernie sanders would vote" last year and "for the apocalypse on every count" year before that, so maybe they have a note on file

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I went to college for STEM

it came with my $40 1/8ths of weed

wait

I smoked stems during college when i ran out of weed nvm

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

OctaviusBeaver posted:

I graduated high school back in 2002 when FL had proper funding for bright futures scholarships and being a fuckup and losing it was probably the most BWM decision I've made in my entire life.

In my defense, I went into the computer engineering program at UCF and bounced off so hard I started mixing midazolam and bacardi. In their defense, there wasn't a such thing as a stemlord quite yet at the time and it was still a program for weird dorks who fuckin' loved math.

e: like the intro to programming teacher was this rad black lady who always reminded me of the chief from carmen sandiego: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pck19C7GkC4. These days the average stemlord would be trying to get her fired for white genocide or whatever they're on a tear about these days.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 31, 2018

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

bob dobbs is dead posted:

"Begrudgingly, at this point"

feller
Jul 5, 2006

i told him to vote for the interests of communism, like an edgelord, and he was like, "ok", as if he heard it every day

i did "imagine how bernie sanders would vote" last year and "for the apocalypse on every count" year before that, so maybe they have a note on file

this got a lol from me

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

“Against management on every proxy statement.”

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

crazypeltast52 posted:

that was 5 years ago

howdoesishotweb
Nov 21, 2002

Yessssss come to meee

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Dude don’t doxx :zaurg:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Hoo boy this one is something. Make sure to check the user's post submission history.

https://old.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/9bw9gu/in_serious_debt_and_3_months_behind_on_my/

In serious debt and 3 months behind on my mortgage. Is Bankruptcy my best option? (self.personalfinance)

submitted 6 hours ago by Psans88

This board has helped me before, so helpfully you can again. In the last few months, I switched jobs and lost several hundreds of dollars in take-home pay in doing so. The new job has its perks (Fine Dining restaurant, Close to Home, etc...) but I am now 4 months behind on my mortgage and have maxed my credit cards. My fiance and I don't know what to do. I have picked up an additional job in the mornings but don't foresee how to dig myself out of this hole. I feel that Bankruptcy may be my best option, but the thought of it is terrifying. I have consulted family and legal advice and they seem to be split about what is best for me. Any advice would be very helpful.

Debts: Mortgage - 1800 a month (currently behind by 7700) Credit Card debt - roughly 8000 (both cards have been turned off) Pay - 760 a week take home Car payment - 350 a month Timeshare maintenance - 90 a month (my finance pays the monthly i just pay the maintenance)

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

I graduated high school back in 2002 when FL had proper funding for bright futures scholarships and being a fuckup and losing it was probably the most BWM decision I've made in my entire life.

In my defense, I went into the computer engineering program at UCF and bounced off so hard I started mixing midazolam and bacardi. In their defense, there wasn't a such thing as a stemlord quite yet at the time and it was still a program for weird dorks who fuckin' loved math.

Howdy fellow former UCF student. From what I’ve heard, their engineering programs are quite good.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cacafuego posted:

Howdy fellow former UCF student. From what I’ve heard, their engineering programs are quite good.

yeah they were good back then, they're reportedly even better now but :hfive:

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.

Paul ReiserFS posted:

My tuition is $69420

Trevor Bauer account spotted

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I love to gently caress and cum in my college diploma.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Midjack posted:

I love to gently caress and cum in my college diploma.

Same. But got mine laminated first

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

I went to college and I’m gay

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

crazypeltast52 posted:

"With gusto!"

Also did nobody else post 'If it wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Wolfy posted:

I went to college and I’m gay

Congrats!