Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sinfest is aimed at the author's particular subset of feminism. It's for people to nod and agree with, it's just that unlike most of the many, many, many other similar webcomics and blogs and podcasts out there that do the same thing, it has an extremely specific and narrow set of political views. So you aren't meant to applaud "feminism," you're meant to applaud this one specific branch of radical feminism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

And when I say radical feminism, I'm using the author's own definitions, not just a coded anti-feminist statement.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Hasn't Sinfest been riding it's own brand of radical feminism for five years now? That strip where the girl shaves off the sides of her head as a symbol for her newfound feminism, when was that?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

FactsAreUseless posted:

And when I say radical feminism, I'm using the author's own definitions, not just a coded anti-feminist statement.
I appreciate you, you were a good mod and you're a good admin.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

PMush Perfect posted:

I miss the Dominic Deegan mock thread.

Did anything ever happen in Star Powered Sentinel or was it just a really slow-paced Green Lantern comic?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

PoptartsNinja posted:

Did anything ever happen in Star Powered Sentinel or was it just a really slow-paced Green Lantern comic?

Nah. Still a slow-paced GL 'homage' which hit almost all the same beats as a particular Green Lantern story.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Sinfest may be a bland non-statement about "bigotry bad" but at least he didn't kill any kids in a helicopter accident while making it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

I miss the Dominic Deegan mock thread.

We all do

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I forgot what Sinfest was and thought that short guy was going to wail on the Nazi who obviously was also why the religious guys were just sorta zoned out.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
fart

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
hey avashalom can you do a let's read of sinfest from the beginning?

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Grognan posted:

hey avashalom can you do a let's read of sinfest from the beginning?
i would rather die

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

this broken hill posted:

i would rather die

fair enough

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

It's been a while, but Boulet's finally put up a new strip!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

God, you can just feel the anger and cringe.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Boulet is a national treasure.

(For France, of course.)

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Today in Vattu: :gonk:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Well, [un]Divine got real interesting real quick.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I wanna say that escalated quickly but I did sort of read like two years worth of comics quickly.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Yeah some poo poo is going down.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

iospace posted:

Well, [un]Divine got real interesting real quick.

That reminds me: What the heck is UnDivine's nominal weekly update schedule? Right now my spreadsheet has it updating once a week on Mondays, and I think that was true at one point, but their most recent Patreon goal says they're doing 12 updates a month/3 updates a week.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Inglonias posted:

That reminds me: What the heck is UnDivine's nominal weekly update schedule? Right now my spreadsheet has it updating once a week on Mondays, and I think that was true at one point, but their most recent Patreon goal says they're doing 12 updates a month/3 updates a week.

The updates go up way faster on Patreon than the comic proper.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Parts Kit posted:

Yeah some poo poo is going down.

i haven't kept up with vattu in a long time but i read up to the latest update and ohhh dear, this is all going to get a lot worse before it gets better

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
Finally, I've been waiting ages for things to finally get going in Vattu. It pretty much feels like everything so far (900+ pages!) has only been setting up the story.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
The DEEP STATE (of dog ladies) strikes again!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the fact that vattu is so much more grounded than rice boy and order of tales is making the plot way more inescapably bleak, too

there's no kind of mystic quest that can save you from politics

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I was going to complain about how I still can't tell most of the dog-people apart in Vattu, but then I went and checked the cast page and it looks like that was updated to have pretty much every character so I guess I have to re-read the comic and try to keep track of everyone now! :v:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Stand Still, Stay Silent continues to be shockingly good.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

With how rare it is for a webcomic to actually come to a satisfying conclusion, I'm amazed that The Adventures of Business Cat became one of them.

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Sep 11, 2018

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Tenebrais posted:

With how rare it is for a webcomic to actually come to a satisfying confusion, I'm amazed that The Adventures of Business Cat became one of them.

Congrats, webcomic that is meant to be printed out by your coworkers and taped to their desks framed by funko pop figures.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It actually found a plot somewhere along the way.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

PMush Perfect posted:

Wasn't it just a simple minimalist dialogue strip of a cat in a man suit doing cat things in business, because I went back one strip before the last and there was so much talking and so much implied lore and backstory

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Wasn't it just a simple minimalist dialogue strip of a cat in a man suit doing cat things in business, because I went back one strip before the last and there was so much talking and so much implied lore and backstory

PMush Perfect posted:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yeah idk but I think I tried forgetting about it after the cat headed man hosed his secretary.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Synthbuttrange posted:

yeah idk but I think I tried forgetting about it after the cat headed man hosed his secretary.

:stare: well then.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
at some point were going to see marten and claire get engaged (and later married) in qc and i dont know why but that feels really weird to me to think about

as for the near future i hope she makes him write a will because thats a rich vein of humor imo and i cant wait to see how lukewarm it can be served

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Tollymain posted:

at some point were going to see marten and claire get engaged (and later married) in qc and i dont know why but that feels really weird to me to think about

as for the near future i hope she makes him write a will because thats a rich vein of humor imo and i cant wait to see how lukewarm it can be served
actually they will both be killed, roasted and served up as a banquet to the other characters, who will all find over the course of a few horrifying weeks that everything around them is transforming into flesh and normal people can't see it unless they've tasted of their fellow human

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
huh, i missed the announcement about taking bogleech on as co-writer

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Tollymain posted:

I feel like that'd require the plot to move faster than a tranquilized caterpillar. The plot you're talking about will probably be published shortly after we actually develop talking robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

TwoPair posted:

I feel like that'd require the plot to move faster than a tranquilized caterpillar. The plot you're talking about will probably be published shortly after we actually develop talking robots.

I wouldn't be so sure about "shortly after"...

https://ai.googleblog.com/2018/05/duplex-ai-system-for-natural-conversation.html