Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

everytime i'm on the verge of punching my monitor something exhilarating happens https://streamable.com/284zr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is this actually worth $30 and hows the performance

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

eonwe posted:

Maybe but its definitely worth 15 bucks: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/...os_tile_index_2

edit: Huh it was 15 bucks looks like its 23 bucks now.

I have heard performance on lower end machines is rough. I play on the highest settings with a high-end PC and get a rock solid 100 FPS.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

It definately runs like poo poo on lower end pcs, the lighting effects are far more advanced than you would ordinarily find it a multiplayer game. They also deliberately made it so you can't turn down most graphics settings so you can't get an unfair advantage by, for example, turning down the detail of bushes or something.

This video from earlier in the thread is a good watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgbccwpSq30

FWIW I have a GTX 970 and play on medium at 1080p and get 45-60fps most of the time, but some lighting conditions and some environments will drop it down as low as 30.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Basticle posted:

It definately runs like poo poo on lower end pcs, the lighting effects are far more advanced than you would ordinarily find it a multiplayer game. They also deliberately made it so you can't turn down most graphics settings so you can't get an unfair advantage by, for example, turning down the detail of bushes or something.

FWIW I have a GTX 970 and play on medium at 1080p and get 45-60fps most of the time, but some lighting conditions and some environments will drop it down as low as 30.

I've got a GTX 1060, run on low at 1080p and get... 45-60fps most of the time, occasionally dipping as low as 30. Occasionally. I can't really say anything about it except sometimes the game "loads wrong" and runs like poo poo, then I restart it and it runs fine. Sometimes the game runs fine until I look at one specific part of the map and it goes to poo poo for a few seconds.

Sometimes there are chunks of the textures just completely gone. This isn't a file thing, I've had it happen just after validating the cache.

People with somewhat similar machines can have wildly different experiences, but the game's getting better over time. The hiccups aren't the norm. I've put 170 hours into this dumb game and I know people with over 700.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I upgraded from a 980 to a 1080TI - and the differences are obviously staggering.

980 ran at 2560x1450 on low settings with everything tanked pretty decently - 40-60 fps in general. One could probably get a good deal more performance by lowering the resolution a bit - but I wasn't really fond of the way that looked on my big monitor.

1080TI runs at the same resolution with everything cranked at a buttery 60 (vsync). I could probably bump it to 4k and tweak some values to make it run as nicely. It's not even stressing the card at those levels.

I don't think the game is as abusive on the CPU end as some (Monster Hunter World is a good example of CPU intensive game).

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
I went from i5 2500k at 4ghz + GTX 1080 and could play at low at around 35-45 fps at 1080p to i5 8600k + GTX 1080 and can hold steady 50-60fps at 1440p, maxed. So the game is also pretty CPU intensive I'd say, though my 2500k was pretty drat old at this point

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

By the power vested in me by random musings in tmt... I proclaim you guilty of crustophilia!
I think the game is both CPU + GPU intensive.

I have a 6700k + 1070. I run medium at 1080p (downscaled on 1440p monitor). I can get average about 80FPS but I lock it at 60FPS max because otherwise I get stuttering despite G-SYNC being activated. This is the only game that seems to stutter with G-SYNC. 1440p or high settings knocks my FPS down to ~45-55, which is unplayable imo, but I'm used to stuff like 144FPS in R6.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

eonwe posted:

Worth checking out on Steam with the no questions asked refunds as long as you are under 2 hours of play time. The game only has 3 premade graphic settings, so its not possible to waste too much of your 2 hours fussing over settings, it will either run well enough or it wont.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Having now used I think every gun in the game (except the scoped Mosin) I can safely say that the worst gun is the Spectre. Seriously its so bad. It barely shoots faster than the Romero but costs like 150x as much and the damage is just dog poo poo.

Also jesus dear god make it so the aperature sights dont blur out everything not in the aperature. I can maybe see the reasoning for doing it on the Nitro but that already has enough disadvantages to it. The Winfield though, holy poo poo is that the mose useless poo poo.

*edit* I forgot the scoped Sharps which is also terrible

unrelated, Concertina is like the most useful item in the entire game

2 dudes with Butcher bounty went down to battle it out with the 2 guys banishing the Spider and my buddy blocked all the exits with concertina, forcing the survivors to use the elevator

https://streamable.com/wfa8x

(if you're wondering why the video is so shaky its because he has literal nerve damage in his wrist so his mouse is very jittery)

Basticle fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 3, 2018

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
My least favorite thing about this game is how it runs fine most of the time, but then sometimes, often during the first couple games of the day, you'll get little pauses and stutters that gently caress you over.

I'm glad I don't have to tweak the graphics to look poo poo in order to not be handicapped like some other pretty games, but drat I wish it would run more consistently.

Also all scopes are terrible with the exception of the deadeye Nagant.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I had a hilarious tier-1 shootout for about three minutes straight. I gotta check if I remembered to save the video. I'm pretty sure we both has the starter pistols.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

A man and I faced off at about 20 yards.
I fumbled my melee and pulled out my flaregun...
He ran at me with a hatchet.
I popped the flare into his mouth and whipped out my sword!
Then.. I fumble and light attack him, pissing him off while sidestepping (and probably making him miss his melee swing)
So I turned around and did it again.
Felt like a matador taunting a flaming bull.

Of course, Nvidia doesn't record Borderless (by default - fixed now) so I don't have a clip.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Game 1: Widdie and a machete, partnered with someone that had an axe and a nagant precision.

I thought I heard someone with an Avtovat in the game, but it was so brief that I wrote it off. We caught a group of guys banishing a boss in the church basement. We blocked one exit off with wire, then tried to get a pick with dynamite.

It didn't work.

As the smoke was clearing, my partner ran in with his axe. I thought we were going to die for sure- but I followed, machete out.

I guess I did hear one.

Game 2: Caught doing the boss by a team with an Avto and a Crown King. Downed by a dynamite bundle I never heard ( those things are quiet as gently caress ), but I shaved a ton of health off one with my dying dynamite stick. Partner downed both. I walked into a beartrap and downed myself again, then we extracted.

Game 3: Caught out of position by two people with Avtovats. Died.

I have never seen so many of them in my loving life.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I've run into a lot more since the money-for-EXP changes at max rank. Maybe one every 4 games or so.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Had a game where we were playing it low and slow. Two bounties on the map and the spider got taken early. We decide to hang towards the butcher instead unfortunately it starts getting banished before we can get to it.

gently caress it, I say as I look at the map and notice the people who took the spider bounty are on a straight line to intercept us, except they didn't know where we are.

A brief fight ensues, and I get a nice headshot on one and my partner takes out the other one with a shotgun blast. We steal the bounties and book.

As we are sprinting away, we take fire, my partner is hit but not down and we manage to take cover in a caravan chock full of health and ammo.

We return fire while my shotgun buddy flanks. Using our dark sight hunter vision when we can. I land a few shots on a guy and notice he disappears, healing I assume.

I charge him with my machete and swipe him down, I hear my partner shout "He's behind you" and I quickly get downed with a machete hit.

My partner shouts hes rushing him and just as I start spectating him I see him deal a critical blow, though he is heavily injured.

I yell "HIVE" as I hear the sounds of the screaming witch but its too late, my buddy has no ammo loaded and is out of stamina.

He dies to the hive. All four of us are dead, there is no one left to claim the bounties.

I love this game.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

Had a game where we were playing it low and slow. Two bounties on the map and the spider got taken early. We decide to hang towards the butcher instead unfortunately it starts getting banished before we can get to it.

gently caress it, I say as I look at the map and notice the people who took the spider bounty are on a straight line to intercept us, except they didn't know where we are.

A brief fight ensues, and I get a nice headshot on one and my partner takes out the other one with a shotgun blast. We steal the bounties and book.

As we are sprinting away, we take fire, my partner is hit but not down and we manage to take cover in a caravan chock full of health and ammo.

We return fire while my shotgun buddy flanks. Using our dark sight hunter vision when we can. I land a few shots on a guy and notice he disappears, healing I assume.

I charge him with my machete and swipe him down, I hear my partner shout "He's behind you" and I quickly get downed with a machete hit.

My partner shouts hes rushing him and just as I start spectating him I see him deal a critical blow, though he is heavily injured.

I yell "HIVE" as I hear the sounds of the screaming witch but its too late, my buddy has no ammo loaded and is out of stamina.

He dies to the hive. All four of us are dead, there is no one left to claim the bounties.

I love this game.

I mean it could have been way more embarassing

Basticle posted:

So me and my buddy just killed 6 hunters including 4 tier 3s (3 of them by me :smuggo: ) and the first 2 were using Iron Sharpshooter (keep looking down sights while using a bolt action) for the first time and :stare: https://streamable.com/6qo5g

After that we had an insane loving fight at the butcher that ended in double tragedy. Am uploading a 8 minute long video right now

*edit*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4MNrYb9COU

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
The most embarrassing death I ever had was when me and a partner got into a tough fight underneath Pitching. Multiple downs for me, one for him, but we took on multiple teams and won. It was a server wipe, but I was down to my last health bar.

Enemies defeated, we walked up the main ramp and CLANG! I stepped into a beartrap. I looked at my health, almost gone, draining fast. I looked at my partner, who stopped, and looked at me. I had enough time to say, "You've gotta be loving kidding" and then I bled out and died.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Speaking of embarassing deaths

My 2 buddies were running as a duo and me as a solo, we synced up to the same game and ran as at trio

to set the stage: 1 of them was already dead and burned so he was just spectating. The other killed the spider while I ran overwatch. The 2 guys with the butcher bounty came up to fight him.

https://streamable.com/ruwh9

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Basticle posted:

My 2 buddies were running as a duo and me as a solo, we synced up to the same game and ran as at trio

to set the stage: 1 of them was already dead and burned so he was just spectating. The other killed the spider while I ran overwatch. The 2 guys with the butcher bounty came up to fight him.

Please don't be a dickhead and queue team.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Basticle posted:

That's what you get, you syncing mfer :nexus:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Basticle posted:

Lmao don't ever wonder why I'd like a PvE only element.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Does this game have mouse smoothing?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

Please don't be a dickhead and queue team.

:jerkbag:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I straight hope you get banned.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
The devs have said they'll allow people to make bargains and impromptu pacts and poo poo. 3 mans are so rare that I don't care. Every now and then I get lit by one and it's like "hahaha, gently caress you guys".

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

The devs have said they'll allow people to make bargains and impromptu pacts and poo poo. 3 mans are so rare that I don't care. Every now and then I get lit by one and it's like "hahaha, gently caress you guys".

That is completely different from queue stacking.

jones jabones
Apr 27, 2016
I was just in a game where someone wanted to bargain.
https://clips.twitch.tv/CrunchyComfortableElephantTooSpicy
:siren:volume warning:siren:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

jones jabones posted:

I was just in a game where someone wanted to bargain.
https://clips.twitch.tv/CrunchyComfortableElephantTooSpicy
:siren:volume warning:siren:

This is cool and good.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I don't think you understand the definition of impromptu because how is that in anyway the same as me and a bunch of friends preplanning to roll into a game 3-4 stack deep so we can punk everyone?

Knifegrab posted:

I straight hope you get banned.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lol ok. you do realize the 2 teams cant see each others outlines, help each other up, share any loot or xp and trying to explain where anything is is a pain in the rear end, and accidentally killing each other is a very real possibility (ask me how I know) right? also actually getting into the same game only seems to work about 1/4 of the time

in summation

Basticle fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Sep 4, 2018

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

You loving stink. Stop trying to justify it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Basticle posted:

lol ok. you do realize the 2 teams cant see each others outlines, help each other up, share any loot or xp and trying to explain where anything is is a pain in the rear end, and accidentally killing each other is a very real possibility (ask me how I know) right? also actually getting into the same game only seems to work about 1/4 of the time

in summation

Dude, how do any of these cons you mentioned outweigh the pros of having two less guns pointed at you? Stray shots aside, you don't have to constantly worry that they're going to betray you and that's a real possibility when you negotiate with random hunters. So 1/4 of the time you get to split the bounties, you get the numbers advantage and you have the communication advantage.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Glenn Quebec posted:

You loving stink. Stop trying to justify it.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Probably because he stinks and he's trying to justify it.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Yeah you're right getting 3 v 1 or 4 v 1 in a game like this is just a blast.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Glenn Quebec posted:

Yeah you're right getting 3 v 1 or 4 v 1 in a game like this is just a blast.

Now now, what could possibly be wrong with doing something that is a bannable offense and universally reviled in any other game that also utilizes this style of matchmaking?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Knifegrab posted:

Now now, what could possibly be wrong with doing something that is a bannable offense and universally reviled in any other game that also utilizes this style of matchmaking?

I really flew off the handle there. It's all just fun and games. I enjoy spending thirty five minutes tromping through the Louisiana swamps to hunt the undead and demons only to end up like an escaped slave running for his life with three or four guys armed with lever actions taking shots at me.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Glenn Quebec posted:

I really flew off the handle there. It's all just fun and games. I enjoy spending thirty five minutes tromping through the Louisiana swamps to hunt the undead and demons only to end up like an escaped slave running for his life with three or four guys armed with lever actions taking shots at me.

At least its fitting the theme of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I don't care, I'm usually solo anyway and just hunt monsters and clues for $ and xp.

When I do get a kill, sometimes I jump the gun and forget that not everyone is solo, and run in to loot too soon, giving the dead guy's partner a perfect head shot opportunity from about 20 feet away with his Sharps.

That definitely did not happen last night.