Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Trogdos! posted:

Cyclone_Ben_Garrison

:eyepop:

I think I'm going to be a hipster and do this Scion BV build instead of triple herald elementalist. Mostly due to advertised survivability and Uber Elder, which I was just a little too fragile to do last league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So my tree ended up looking like the bastard child of Tarkes and Mathils CAs builds by the looks of it. I'm thinking if I end up changing it it'll look more like Tarkes, it has less damage and more
health/mana nodes than Mathils, if I feel like it synergises better with the pathfinder flask style more. I'll experiment with a tiny bit of mana leech and if its enough to keep my mana up then I'll drop those nodes in favor of more damage on the bottom part of the grid.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 31, 2018

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Ixjuvin posted:

:eyepop:

I think I'm going to be a hipster and do this Scion BV build instead of triple herald elementalist. Mostly due to advertised survivability and Uber Elder, which I was just a little too fragile to do last league.

I saw that build too. I'm pretty set on scion elehit but all the guides are like, "Don't start league with a bow char, don't start league with a scion, and definitely don't do both at once." lol. I'm gonna try to wing it with caustic arrow some poison nodes and the new herald but I suck so we'll see how it goes.

I've seen people mention leveling with molten strike. Hopefully I don't burn out before getting the currency for all the required uniques.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
4.5 GB patch and 2 hours to go :toot:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Mine is 8 GB...wtf

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Steam has to patch the game differently than the standalone so the steam patches are usually bigger

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I did Ice Shot deadeye in the previous league and Arc Inquisitor in the flashback event. I want something different for delve, Necromancer Witch with a bunch of skeletons? Is that viable? I just started playing this game like a month ago.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
I'm going to continue to never ever learn my lesson and go a new skill for league starter: Smite Scion with backup of going static strike or [insert any other attack skill].

Going Elementalist/Slayer with this as my initial tree

Everything should work out perfectly :v:

Edit: Also definitely going to chance an Inpulsa's.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

kzin602 posted:

I did Ice Shot deadeye in the previous league and Arc Inquisitor in the flashback event. I want something different for delve, Necromancer Witch with a bunch of skeletons? Is that viable? I just started playing this game like a month ago.

summon skeletons are super good and do a poo poo ton of damage.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

kzin602 posted:

Caster skeletons do ok clearing and warrior skeletons absolutely chump bosses if you use vaal skeletons. Pure skeletons just isnt very common because most people prefer running specters

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Not sure if i'm still in the guild, can i get an invite on HugeClown when servers are up please

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

DS Champion or Pure Skeleton Necro as a SSF starter?
How would Necro perform as an uber lab farmer? With the new shared minion attack speed for better movement?

nerox
May 20, 2001

kzin602 posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2109541

I did that build in Incursion flashback and it was super fun. I ended up buying To Dust gems for like 1-2c each, which they are usually more expensive though.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
The new league starts at, what, 9:30 pm, and I have to be up at 4 am for work.

Whyyyy :(

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Wuxi posted:

How would Necro perform as an uber lab farmer? With the new shared minion attack speed for better movement?

I did this Necro build last league and uber lab is a breeze with it.

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007

nerox posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2109541

I did that build in Incursion flashback and it was super fun. I ended up buying To Dust gems for like 1-2c each, which they are usually more expensive though.

I did this build during Incursion. It was very solid and shredded bosses but beware: using the staff Femur together with the Vaal Skeleton skill will make the server instance choke for a few seconds. I had a few near-deaths when going into an incursion portal and using the skill at the start.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Gonna do a flavor of the patch build for once

If you have Mirage Archer socketed to a duration-based skill, is there any way to make PoB show you the Archer's duration in the calculator? Mathing it myself is :effort:

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Here is a srs auramancer build I've been working on

https://pastebin.com/gkHMJxLk

200k shaper dps per skull and should be pretty cheap depending on the cost of the new gloves.

Insurrectionist posted:

If you have Mirage Archer socketed to a duration-based skill, is there any way to make PoB show you the Archer's duration in the calculator? Mathing it myself is :effort:

I don't think so, arcane surge has the same problem.

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom
I logged on last night and i was still in the guild. Just in case though can i get an invite for bongquixote?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Someone data mined the challenges for delve:
http://poedb.tw/us/achi.php?c=Delve

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Wow, that's a ton of league-specific challenges.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Depth level 600 is on par with obtaining level 100 it seems.

rath
Apr 25, 2005
I should be learning code instead of posting on the boards.

TheRat posted:

Some updated builds with the new PoB update:

https://pastebin.com/xLS0CbmR - Trickster Caustic Arrow

Anyone figured out if Decay is better than say.. Slower Proj? My PoB game is a bit weak so I'm not sure if it models that.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

That all seems much cooler and not as soul crushing as previous leagues. Maybe THIS is the one I'll get to 36. :v:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

rath posted:

Anyone figured out if Decay is better than say.. Slower Proj? My PoB game is a bit weak so I'm not sure if it models that.

The problem with decay (apart from it being generally a bit underpowered by itself) is that you need to hit monsters to apply it, so suddenly your chance to hit becomes relevant.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
But does Decay still apply to the new CA which is ground targeted, and thus accuracy isn't relevant?

Also, the new lighting and shadows stuff is off by default. I turned it on while I'm waiting in the queue.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Vasudus posted:

But does Decay still apply to the new CA which is ground targeted, and thus accuracy isn't relevant?

Requires a hit so the cloud wouldn't apply it but because it is a long dot itself you should be alright even with low accuracy

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

TheRat posted:

Some updated builds with the new PoB update:

You're awesome. Thanks.

Going to run your ngamahu chieftain as my starter, because I am tired of playing versions of arc.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Wuxi posted:

Necro isnt that great as lab farmer, but add zombies or specters for more punch.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm thinking this time I'll start as Arc Totem again, then switch to Caustic Arrow when I'm bored with it and if by then I have enough thing to twink out, finally do my Viper Strike character. Or not. Why is it so hard.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

silvergoose posted:

That all seems much cooler and not as soul crushing as previous leagues. Maybe THIS is the one I'll get to 36. :v:

I really want that portal skin

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Neat, there is a third lich listed in the challenges.

Kurgal, the Blackblooded

Complete these Encounters IV
Defeat Esh without taking damage from the shock nova

Oh blow me on this.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

That's certainly not going to happen

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I wonder how strict their definition of taking damage is, because you could possibly cheese that with Gluttony of Elements

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Just have a bosskiller setup at some point in the league and murderface her. Elemental Breachlords don't have much health.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
You are probably right since it says "Don't take damage" and not "Don't get hit"

Edit: VV Do the Beeftain version? Not as fast as elementalist, but sure is beefy

rawk cawk fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 31, 2018

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.
22655 people ahead of me in queue. The hype!

Thinking about some BV build, maybe standard Triple Herald. Can't decide :(

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
5 minutes to go and I realized that Caustic Arrow isn't purchasable by Witches. Gonna have to roll a Ranger real quick to get the gem, whoops.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

:stoked:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008