Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

You know, they say that all TE's are created equal after the Top 5 TEs, but you look at Jordan Reed and Delanie Walker and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you plug in Delanie Walker, you have a 50/50 chance of winning. But, Jordan Reed is a genetic freak, and he's not normal. So, Walker has 25% AT BEST, at beat Reed. Then, you add Vernon Davis into the mix, Delanie's chances of scoring more drastic go down. Add both of Vernon & Reed's points together and that's a Top 10 TE. Alex Smith has the highest QB career percentage thrown to TEs. See, in fantasy in 2018, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning with just any TE, but Reed & Vernon got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning your week, because Alex Smith KNOWS Redskins WRs can't catch and he's not even gonna try!

So, drafting Delanie Walker over Jordan Reed, take your 33 1/3 chance, minus Reed & Vernon's 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning with Delanie. But, then you take Jordan Vernon Davis Reed's 75% chance of winning, if they could go one on one in fantasy and then add 66 2/3 per cents, Vernon Jordan Reed Davis has a 141 2/3 chance of winning your league this year.

The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for drafting Delanie Walker over Jordan Reed.

my head hurts just reading your silly numbers to justify taking an injury riddled Reed and also having to spend a bench spot on his now nearly 35 year old backup instead of just taking Walker and grabbing a high value lotto ticket instead.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

89 posted:

You know, they say that all TE's are created equal after the Top 5 TEs, but you look at Jordan Reed and Delanie Walker and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you plug in Delanie Walker, you have a 50/50 chance of winning. But, Jordan Reed is a genetic freak, and he's not normal. So, Walker has 25% AT BEST, at beat Reed. Then, you add Vernon Davis into the mix, Delanie's chances of scoring more drastic go down. Add both of Vernon & Reed's points together and that's a Top 10 TE. Alex Smith has the highest QB career percentage thrown to TEs. See, in fantasy in 2018, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning with just any TE, but Reed & Vernon got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning your week, because Alex Smith KNOWS Redskins WRs can't catch and he's not even gonna try!

So, drafting Delanie Walker over Jordan Reed, take your 33 1/3 chance, minus Reed & Vernon's 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning with Delanie. But, then you take Jordan Vernon Davis Reed's 75% chance of winning, if they could go one on one in fantasy and then add 66 2/3 per cents, Vernon Jordan Reed Davis has a 141 2/3 chance of winning your league this year.

The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for drafting Delanie Walker over Jordan Reed.

I'm sorry. Where did you include Walker playing 16 games and Reed playing 2 and being replaced by old man Davis?

Reed had one good game in 2017 while Walker had 7.

In 2016 Reed had 4 good fantasy games while Walker had 5.

Adding in the 2 good games VD had in 2017 and the 3 good games he had in 2016 means Walker has still out played them.

12 relevant fantasy games to 10.

Walker all day with his high floor especially with new coaching staff.

You can't say Washington's new QB is going to boost Reed (for 6 quarters)/VD but fail to mention the Titan's new offense.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Vargo posted:

Well, now I'm ashamed of my terrible league and afraid to ask advice but here goes,

I drafted pretty well last night, I think, except that I didn't mean to go 0RB but did so accidentally. This is .5 PPR. I drafted 7th and I'm pretty happy with my first three rounds (DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Aaron Rodgers) but in round four I probably should have grabbed an RB but took Stefon Diggs instead, a move I'm now questioning as my RB depth is ugly. (Starting Dion Lewis and Duke Johnson).

Other RBs that went in the 4th/5th round in my league: Ajayi, Henry, Marshawn, Ingram, Royce. Should I see if I can spin one of these guys (or an equivalent) out of a WR-hungry team for Diggs or just go with what I drafted?

Don't be ashamed lol. Having people (especially a minority percentage vetoing trades just isn't a good setting).

Who are the rest of your RB's, and technically isn't Zeke on the WW?

Duke & Lewis are above average starters in a .5 ppr league.

I went 0rb last night in a .5ppr 10 team (not by choice) and this is how mine ended up.

1.7 Antonio Brown, PIT
2.4 Julio Jones, ATL
3.7 Rob Gronkowski, NE
4.4 Jerick McKinnon, SF
5.7 Adam Thielen, MIN
6.4 Kerryon Johnson, DET
7.7 Marvin Jones, DET
8.4 Kirk Cousins, MIN
9.7 Rex Burkhead, NE
10.4 Chris Carson, SEA
11.7 Sony Michel, NE
12.4 Rashaad Penny, SEA
13.7 Duke Johnson, CLE
14.4 Los Angeles Chargers, LAC
15.7 Mason Crosby, GB

15 of the top 20 picks (not including mine) were going RB so I went other way. Freaking Mixon & Collins went in the 2nd round of this 10 team draft lol.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

89 posted:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

So this is fun. I tried to trick my other owners into spending high on Mahomes in our dynasty league initial draft. It's an auction. It's the most important draft we will ever have because it establishes our team and everything moving forward is rookies and free agents.

Well I tried to get cute and as soon as Mahomes came up I typed in $50 thinking some idiot (7 out of 10 owners are from KC) would bid one more dollar.

They didn't bite and guess who became the idiot. I got Mahomes for 50 goddam dollars and had to switch strategy significantly.

Well now that I've seen some preseason games this might be a happy accident as I've ranted and raved in the AFCW thread. The Chiefs defense is horrible and Mahomes looks great. He might have to pass for 400 yards a game just to keep up with teams which is exactly what happened at Texas Tech. This led to Mahomes passing for 734 yards and 5 touchdowns in one game. Just a little insider tip if you're taking a flier on a backup QB.

$50 for Mahomes is still a huge overpay, but if you're happy with it then :shrug:.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oh I'm not happy and I'm embarrassed. But my trick that I attempted ends up with Mahomes on another team and I ended up having a pretty good draft anyway so at least some of the damage is mitigated.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You mentioned mahomes is $50 but I must have missed where you mentioned what the total cap space or bid dollars was. $200?

VietCampo posted:

my head hurts just reading your silly numbers to justify taking an injury riddled Reed and also having to spend a bench spot on his now nearly 35 year old backup instead of just taking Walker and grabbing a high value lotto ticket instead.

Alfalfa posted:

<replied as though that post was serious>

Guyssss, he ended that post by saying there was a 141 and 2/3% chance of winning your league, and you still took it seriously?

:thejoke:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
^ Jordan Reed is an auto-trigger for many of us

89 posted:

If you draft Jordan Reed, that’s cool but don’t set yourself up for disappointment by not also picking up a Burton, Kittle or Njoku.

Outside of Gronkelce, the chance of drafting even a top 10 TE is not good versus what you can pick up on waivers.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 31, 2018

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Guyssss, he ended that post by saying there was a 141 and 2/3% chance of winning your league, and you still took it seriously?

:thejoke:

It was 89 talking so jokes on you...

He was serious.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

If you draft Jordan Reed, that’s cool but don’t set yourself up for disappointment by not also picking up a Burton, Kittle or Njoku.

Outside of Gronkelce, the chance of drafting even a top 10 TE is not good versus what you can pick up on waivers.

Gronkelcertz you mean

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

Gronkelcertz you mean

He wasn’t mentioned specifically in the podcast I did a terrible job of paraphrasing off of but don’t begrudge taking him. Jimmy Graham is enticing. Olsen I don’t expect good things. Rudolph less.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
RIP Joe Williams & fantasy football's summer 2017 mass delusion

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

RIP Joe Williams & fantasy football's summer 2017 mass delusion

Glad to see AlfMo is a clear starter now.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Does anyone have any opinion on Chris Warren III (who?). He was my last pick as a super sleeper. Should i drop him in favor of Alfred Morris?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

TommyGun85 posted:

Does anyone have any opinion on Chris Warren III (who?). He was my last pick as a super sleeper. Should i drop him in favor of Alfred Morris?

In redraft yes you should drop him for Alf.

In dynasty I’m grabbing as many shares of him as possible for cheap.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there a single Greg Olsen fan here that can make me feel better about owning him as my only TE?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Is there a single Greg Olsen fan here that can make me feel better about owning him as my only TE?

He’s going to be a top 5 TE if healthy.

That’s pretty much common sense especially with Norv calling plays.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RCarr posted:

Well I'm not a fan per say buuuuuttt....he's healthy....

....he's also a year older....

....but the Panthers WR corps still sucks....

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I had my main draft tonight. It's a weird setup (which I posted about before): 2QB, 3RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF, 1 Flex. 8 team league, I drafted 6th overall.

QBs: Brees, Luck (I know I drafted him before...)
RBs: McKinnon, Hyde, Henry, Carson, Lewis, Barber, Bernard
WRs: Brown, Thielen, Beckham, Agholor, Crabtree, Crowder, Ginn
TE: Ertz
Kicker: empty
Def: Broncos

Obviously I am stacked at WR. I got the best out of the whole league, not bad at all. AB fell to me at 1.06, from there I went fairly WR heavy. I'm already getting some trade offers for RBs which is great.

I'm not happy at RB though. Nobody strikes me with much confidence. Hyde is probably a starter but beyond that I'm stumped. If I could get say, Thielen + (something) for an obvious RB#1 somewhere would anyone take it?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

anyone wanna draft at 8 pm central tonight? looking to fill a .5 PPR league.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1348540/invitation

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RCarr posted:

He's not gronk. But nobody should worry too much about tight ends anyway, and he's fine. He's also definitely healthy (he was healthy by the playoffs last year, check his stats for that game) and I doubt cam newton suddenly hates his guts.

The only question is whether you overdrafted him; he's a fine and good TE to own.

Disclaimer: I have him on my dynasty team. I also have Eric Ebron, with a dynasty league you can afford to roster two TEs and so I am insulated from a re-injury.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Redraft?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

yeah

RTM
May 21, 2001

hewwo!
George Kittle or Eric Ebron in a .5 PPR league? I waited on a TE and everyone had drafted their backups by the time I picked so pickins were sliiiiiiiiiiiim

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

RCarr posted:

His booth announcing stint was only kinda above average, so maybe he still has some drive left to actually play football!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

RTM posted:

George Kittle or Eric Ebron in a .5 PPR league? I waited on a TE and everyone had drafted their backups by the time I picked so pickins were sliiiiiiiiiiiim

Kittle probably has more upside, if healthy. Which he often isn't.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

He’s fine for his value (6th rd), which is depressed from 1) his injury-riddled 2017, 2) addition of WR options for Cam and 3) CMC being the most thrown-to RB in the league. Norv Turner makes for productive TEs. Just keep expectations tempered.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RTM posted:

Kittle

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I joined, just one spot left, draft in ~45 mins

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Varg posted:

Claimed it - my work league looks like a no-show so I'm excited to try this one. Never played PPR before so prepare to stomp all over me.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Alfalfa posted:

It was 89 talking so jokes on you...

He was serious.

I wanted to try the Reed/Davis experiment honestly. I've got Walker, Kittle, and Ertz in my other leagues.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Varg posted:

Tom Tucker posted:

Claimed it - my work league looks like a no-show so I'm excited to try this one. Never played PPR before so prepare to stomp all over me.

Nice, glad some goons got in.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Joshua Donna (PIT backup QB) is a pretty slippery fellow.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hmmm... 12 team 1 ppr. I wonder

1. (3) David Johnson (Ari - RB)
2. (22) Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE)
3. (27) Davante Adams (GB - WR)
4. (46) Cam Newton (Car - QB)
5. (51) Josh Gordon (Cle - WR)
6. (70) Dion Lewis (Ten - RB)
7. (75) Marvin Jones Jr. (Det - WR)
8. (94) Rex Burkhead (NE - RB)
9. (99) Will Fuller V (Hou - WR)
10. (118) Tevin Coleman (Atl - RB)
11. (123) Jamaal Williams (GB - RB)
12. (142) Keelan Cole (Jax - WR)
13. (147) New England (NE - DEF)
14. (166) Dan Bailey (Dal - K)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

12 team .5 PPR, had the 9th pick.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

My word. A fine team, although I personally would’ve waited longer on QB to get an RB2 with less of a potential timeshare than Dion Lewis. I don’t doubt his ability or usage, just the fact they he is not quite as durable and has to compete with a power back for snaps.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Fast Luck posted:

That is a balanced and baller team! I don’t like your kicker, don’t think Dallas will be more than average on XP/FG opportunities this year, but otherwise, your picks look smart top to bottom.

Edit: May be biased, gambled on Gronk and Gordon in my main league.

gloom fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 1, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Fast Luck posted:

Good god man

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

12 team .5 PPR, had the 9th pick.

Besides Brady, almost every single guy you drafted is high risk/high reward. Good luck!

My team (10 man, 0.5 PPR, 1 QB/1 TE/2 WR/2 RB/2 Flex, IDP with a DE, DB, LB, 4 bench spots):

Round 1, Pick 7 (7th Overall)
Leonard Fournette Jax - RB
Round 2, Pick 4 (14th Overall)
Christian McCaffrey Car - RB
Round 3, Pick 7 (27th Overall)
Tyreek Hill KC - WR
Round 4, Pick 4 (34th Overall)
Alex Collins Bal - RB
Round 5, Pick 7 (47th Overall)
Lamar Miller Hou - RB
Round 6, Pick 4 (54th Overall)
Marvin Jones Jr. Det - WR
Round 7, Pick 7 (67th Overall)
Emmanuel Sanders Den - WR
Round 8, Pick 4 (74th Overall)
Delanie Walker Ten - TE
Round 9, Pick 7 (87th Overall)
Will Fuller V Hou - WR
Round 10, Pick 4 (94th Overall)
Reshad Jones Mia - S
Round 11, Pick 7 (107th Overall)
Matthew Stafford Det - QB
Round 12, Pick 4 (114th Overall)
Blake Martinez GB - LB
Round 13, Pick 7 (127th Overall)
Marlon Mack Ind - RB
Round 14, Pick 4 (134th Overall)
Cameron Jordan NO - DE
Round 15, Pick 7 (147th Overall)
Kelvin Benjamin Buf - WR
Round 16, Pick 4 (154th Overall)
Los Angeles LAC - DEF
Round 17, Pick 7 (167th Overall)
Chris Boswell Pit - K

Cigar Aficionado fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Sep 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Oh cool, I got roped into a league with some coworkers a couple years back but am pretty half-hearted about following ff so I wasn’t sure how my team was looking. My prep consisted of scanning this thread and stumbling on beersheets.

Suave Fedora posted:

My word. A fine team, although I personally would’ve waited longer on QB to get an RB2 with less of a potential timeshare than Dion Lewis. I don’t doubt his ability or usage, just the fact they he is not quite as durable and has to compete with a power back for snaps.
Yeah, I didn’t like going qb there either but there’d been a bit of a run on them and judging by the sheet there was a way bigger gap between Cam and available QBs than between the pool of remaining RBs. Anyway hopefully I loaded up on enough RBs that I’ll find a good RB2 in there.