Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

<Whew>

Just shipped my SirToys order. This is MASSIVE.

Gonna need a trip report when they arrive

Phy posted:

Just saw him in Alberta today

e: These are Peaugh's hands, not mine

man, it must suck to have your robot mode head scraping against the pavement all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Haha, and I'm playing with MP Hot Rod right now, same problem. (Dragging his face on the road, that is. His transformation is deffo better than "break your ankles and faceplant")

In a fun coincidence, Unique Toys is reissuing Peru Kill.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
That's good news. I came real close to pulling the trigger on Peru Kill but didn't. I'll probably do it this time.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

Found a T30 Brainstorm for $25 today. Then found the last 3 Prime Masters at Target. Jesus Christ, Brainstorm's head master is a ugly son of a bitch in robot mode. The arms, my god, why. Also, can't get his damned landing gear out for the life of me. Spudger, tweezers, nothing works.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fuckin finally.

Zeta's Nonslaught is shipping out to retailers next week.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Phy posted:

Just saw him in Alberta today

e: These are Peaugh's hands, not mine

Eeek, it’s like a horrible coffin you’d find in the depths of some godforsaken crypt.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Haha I'm glad I passed on that when I saw him in stores. His robot mode looks pretty spindly and bad too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sentinel Red posted:

Eeek, it’s like a horrible coffin you’d find in the depths of some godforsaken crypt.

Let people drink the fluid from Lockdown’s ship.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's miles better in both modes than the movie deluxe, and of course it can't compete with a $130 3rd party toy that everts itself to hide nearly any evidence of car kibble, but still lol that transformation.

And the ROTF version of the Animated character design is still the best.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The_Doctor posted:

Let people drink the fluid from Lockdown’s ship.

Have a sip:vomarine:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so those of you who actually like getting movie toys, who are you hoping Studio Series does next?

Personally I'm hoping for toys of Hatchet, Mohawk and Onslaught.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodosaur posted:

so those of you who actually like getting movie toys, who are you hoping Studio Series does next?

All of them except the twins.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

All of them except the twins.

I honestly think Hasbro will never touch the twins again.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

My big want was Barricade and they announced him so.... Devestator?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Fsmhunk posted:

My big want was Barricade and they announced him so.... Devestator?

there's a listing for Scrapmetal and what may be Hightower

wouldn't it be something if they could all combine?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Does anyone else have this weird issue where BBTS will send your package via Fedex, then they will send it via USPS, so even though your package is at a stop that is actually visible from my house, I have to wait for them to send it via another loving carrier?

I want a set of appliance bots, and Oreobot.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
thats a fairly common thing...it's called FedEx Innovations. FedEx ships an item and your post office assumes control of the package when it hits your city. Lots of big retailers ship that way.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

Bonecrusher or DOTM War Rig Megatron

AH-1 Dropkick looks pretty swank

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

is there any improving on DOTM Megatron?

I guess you could make his arms less emaciated, given that didn't pan out in the film

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

I guess you could make his arms less emaciated, given that didn't pan out in the film

Larger, and head less bean-sized

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

Give him his shotgun

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Nodosaur posted:

Hell yeah. Dotm megs sucks hard. He looks almost nothing like his movie self. Plus I want a goddamn laser shotgun.

But yeah I'm really hoping for a SS constructicons (esp rampage and the green one) and maybe a first movie megatron too to go with his brothers

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

Give him his shotgun

there's already Evasion Optimus's gun, who they sculpted to work with him.

banned from Starbucks posted:

Hell yeah. Dotm megs sucks hard. He looks almost nothing like his movie self. Plus I want a goddamn laser shotgun.

But yeah I'm really hoping for a SS constructicons (esp rampage and the green one) and maybe a first movie megatron too.

Okay, but Long Haul is already very accurate to his movie design and really good

The only reason I'd be up for a new one is if it actually combined and served as a premold to Onslaught.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 31, 2018

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Nodosaur posted:

I'd like to see Leaders of the other three Dinobots, a nice Leader Jetfire, and fully licensed and screen accurate Deluxes of Dispensor and Oreobot.

Phy posted:

Bonecrusher or DOTM War Rig Megatron

AH-1 Dropkick looks pretty swank

A Voyager Bonecrusher is coming this year.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Leaders seems kind of unrealistic and I think they're all smaller than Grimlock anyway.

Voyagers would probably be fine and TLK Scorn is close to perfect anyway.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Nodosaur posted:

Leaders seems kind of unrealistic and I think they're all smaller than Grimlock anyway.

Voyagers would probably be fine and TLK Scorn is close to perfect anyway.

Nope, they are all unquestionably Leader sized.

They could get away with doing an upscaled TLK Scorn, though.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I found a wonderful thing of joy.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Okay Leader Scorn should be a thing I guess

But Strafe and Slug both look smaller than Grimlock

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Nodosaur posted:

Okay Leader Scorn should be a thing I guess

But Strafe and Slug both look smaller than Grimlock

Strafe and Slug are slightly shorter than Grimlock and Scorn but still way too big in comparison to the other Autobots to be Voyagers. All four SS Dinobots would have to be Leaders to achieve the stated goal of the SS. Usually that goal focuses on robot modes, but in the case of the Dinobots having the dinosaur modes scale similarly to that scale chart would be preferable.

You're right it's unlikely, but I'd say it gets more likely the longer the line runs. A lot of Bayformers are big enough that they demand Leader size, though. Even DotM Megatron would be a Leader class going by robot mode scale, which will result in a ridiculously large truck, but the SS alt modes are hilariously out of whack already.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Can upscaled Scorn keep the delux's headsculpt instead

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

surely you could achieve Strafe at least with some Animated Lockdown-esque engineering magic? He's definitely at least the thinnest and least massive of the Dinobots so he could work as a Voyager if you found a way to make his robot mode super tall.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Studio Series Ejector as a life-size toaster, plz

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The real gear stuff from the first movie was really neat but I wish that someone had revived the old gimmicks of like that one 80s toy of a realistic looking Pepsi can that transformed into a full playset base, that sort of thing

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Other characters confirmed.

https://twitter.com/tfw2005/status/1035662817074929664

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Excited for new Chromia.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Anora posted:

Does anyone else have this weird issue where BBTS will send your package via Fedex, then they will send it via USPS, so even though your package is at a stop that is actually visible from my house, I have to wait for them to send it via another loving carrier?

I want a set of appliance bots, and Oreobot.

This happens all the time and I don't care what they call it, it's dumb and I hate it >:(

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Pay more for better shipping geez :shepspends:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It's a well known fact that Transform Hunting requires several hours of driving in circles and may even necessitate desperation eating at arby's. As has clear been evidenced here and on other forums, this is simply a component of the Hunt and is completely unavoidable. What you've chosen to do is offload the driving in circles onto a second party, who is in this case then offloading the circles onto the third party, who is bundling all the driving in circles into one combined circle driving. This a cost and time saving mechanism that may result in erratic or perturbulent behavior. So instead of complaining, think of the gallons of petrol you save and the improved colon health.

Godspeed and good luck in your travels goon sir.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Even Flame Toys Starscream is amazed by his own junk.

Or maybe that's just normal for Starscream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Even Flame Toys Starscream is amazed by his own junk.

Or maybe that's just normal for Starscream.

“Knockout, I think it’s been more than 4 hours.”