Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The idea of barricades giving map gold early if you have pressure that the enemy team can't possibly get themselves after 10m is something I like.

Other stuff is more about making it easier to close out games late, so melee and cannon minions will get more scaling health so they can tank towers for longer and a team way behind at their inhib towers can't just waveclear forever. Also minions spawning earlier, which will almost certainly push the jungle meta into champs who don't need leashes as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

wow, I hate this person so much

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

The idea of barricades giving map gold early if you have pressure that the enemy team can't possibly get themselves after 10m is something I like.

Other stuff is more about making it easier to close out games late, so melee and cannon minions will get more scaling health so they can tank towers for longer and a team way behind at their inhib towers can't just waveclear forever. Also minions spawning earlier, which will almost certainly push the jungle meta into champs who don't need leashes as much.

Leashing's always been one of those weird, unintuitive mechanics that you'd expect to see more in DotA than League. I think I'd be fine with them just getting rid of it and making early buffs easier to kill for junglers or something.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

The buff camp spawns faster too, so it's really a wash

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They should be yes. Quite frankly they need the game to start sooner cause I hate sitting around for two minutes waiting for minions to show up to the lane.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

curiousCat posted:

wow, I hate this person so much

That entire subreddit worships that guy. He plays hard and fast and people love his builds. AFAIK he was the only top level player playing that max AP Vlad and people follow him like a prophet.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If Reddit 'worships' someone generally the best response is to stay the gently caress away from them and anything they're involved with.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

the chill reddit vlad one trick guy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Are they going to get rid of bottom tower's damage reduction too?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Reality Pisser posted:

Maybe, but I think they're cautious about ever opening up the window for lane swaps to come back. You can just make it only apply to a turret's "real" HP, continue to keep lane swaps out of the game, and impact only an absurdly tiny percentage of solo queue games.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm loathe for them to get rid of tower global gold cause I feel like tower global gold is a great equalizer on most teams, in that if you manage to scrape your way through a teamfight as the losing team you usually have enough time to go take down a tower or maybe two if you've been getting your poo poo pushed in all game. I feel like the removal of tower gold is going to help snowballs and not decrease them.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Monathin posted:

I'm loathe for them to get rid of tower global gold cause I feel like tower global gold is a great equalizer on most teams, in that if you manage to scrape your way through a teamfight as the losing team you usually have enough time to go take down a tower or maybe two if you've been getting your poo poo pushed in all game. I feel like the removal of tower gold is going to help snowballs and not decrease them.

Yeah if you were getting rocked you could still sneak a wave to start slow pushing for you and maybe get the minions to sneak a tower for some gold but maybe they're worried that becomes too easy if melee minions can tank for days.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

njsykora posted:

Yeah if you were getting rocked you could still sneak a wave to start slow pushing for you and maybe get the minions to sneak a tower for some gold but maybe they're worried that becomes too easy if melee minions can tank for days.

I guess I could see that, but between the bounty changes and their other changes to reduce global gold to please the subset of the base looking for that 1v9 Fantasy I think they're going way too overboard with cutting down the global gold. It's a worrying trend for the game state imo.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Global gold is cool because it helps supports (and support-esque champs) and means that you can help the rest of your team instead of just yourself when you’re winning

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Enigma89 posted:

That entire subreddit worships that guy. He plays hard and fast and people love his builds. AFAIK he was the only top level player playing that max AP Vlad and people follow him like a prophet.

I don't care how he plays, he's clearly an rear end in a top hat just from that guide

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

curiousCat posted:

I don't care how he plays, he's clearly an rear end in a top hat just from that guide

Agreed.

Just as important, he's not even a top 5 Vlad NA so gently caress him clearly he's bad.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

nexus blitz kicks rear end.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

Unironically this. If they level out some of the less fun events (snowball) it could be even better.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Reality Pisser posted:

What's this then?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

uguu posted:

What's this then?

bottom turret goes down faster than the others. it's how riot got rid of lane swaps in pro Play.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

milkman dad posted:

Unironically this. If they level out some of the less fun events (snowball) it could be even better.

The best part about snowball is watching everyone blow their flash when it ends.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

uguu posted:

What's this then?

Every turret, except for botlane outer, has 50% pre-armor damage reduction for 5 minutes at the start of the game. Like Sexpansion said, this was done to stop a strategy called lane swapping (where one side's botlane would go top and the other side's toplane would go bot), since it became the dominant professional strategy and completely eliminated the laning phase.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The meta of avoiding bad matchups, and getting vision to read the swap and follow, was cool, and i'm sad there was no way to keep it without removing it

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

its curtains for Kevin posted:

The meta of avoiding bad matchups, and getting vision to read the swap and follow, was cool, and i'm sad there was no way to keep it without removing it

Ok Montecristo.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I like Monte a lot but his claim that laneswaps are like a fine aged whiskey whereas normal lanes were like a plain ol' beer nearly permanently injured my brain

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Watching 4 players slowly push an empty lane was boring as hell

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Prior decisions having future ramifications and making a decisive advantage seem as easy as walking to lane and taking a tower was good for the game, it just needed to be a once every 10 games kind of twist, not a ubiquitous trade that ended up stealing the meta a lot.

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 1, 2018

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Monathin posted:

This is what I was thinking. You can be getting your poo poo kicked in but if you manage to take 6 towers then all of a sudden you have nice swing.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

It was interesting when it was an actual 1v2 lane, once they figured out that it would devolve into the 4v0 push thing it ruined it forever

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I agree; that implementation sucked, especially with the fact that the only seeking counter was to mirror the 4/0 tower push which was pretty dull

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
And unfortunately I don't recall it being a result of any particular balance change, at some point people just realised you could totally run roughshod over your strong side of the map when you're 3v2 and one of those 2 are still level 1

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Riot's taking steps to try and right their wrongs with regards to the sexism issues recently by....Closing their PAX West panels off only allowing women and non-binary fans only until 3:00 PM which is the biggest chunk of their entire day:

Uh good idea, bad execution probably since most of their panels are part of this which only leaves Riot Q&A.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Since those panels are mostly how to get into the industry stuff I'm saying that's actually a drat good thing. Also the usual bunch of garbage people are getting really loving mad about it.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

njsykora posted:

Also the usual bunch of garbage people are getting really loving mad about it.

This is the part we want to seeeeee.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Dancer posted:

This is the part we want to seeeeee.
https://twitter.com/Yamazuya/status/1035582083274604550
WHY ARE YOU BANNING MEN?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

njsykora posted:

Also the usual bunch of garbage people are getting really loving mad about it.

this makes it extremely good

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
actually, it's about ethics in game journa-- lol

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Erdricks posted:

I'm loving horrible at CS, even when I practice in bot games and don't have to seriously worry about trading at the same time. Besides the fact that I probably need to spend many hours just practicing CS, are there any good tips/tricks /habits to learn?

edit: seriously, I have a friend who wants to do duo queue with me starting in two weeks when he gets back from a work trip and I really need help learning to CS. He's only silver 2 and I haven't done a single ranked game yet, but I'd really like not to be that bad.

Check out CS like a Challenger. It was made with the old rune system in mind but it's still pretty viable

https://m.imgur.com/orWUCKH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Sexpansion posted:

this makes it extremely good

no it doesn't?