Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I know MLS is like shooting fish in a barrel, but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Crazy Ted posted:

Christ. What is wrong with these people and graphic designers

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

Twitter was making GBS threads on this too but it's better than like every single other logo in American soccer (it's a low bar)

wicka fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Aug 23, 2018

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

that school of design where everything looks like the logo of a coffee shop should gently caress off asap, imo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Nothing will ever be better (worse) than the old Crew logo:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Nothing will ever be better (worse) than the old Crew logo:

wow good thing they trademarked it

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Lifting this from Mediawatch, but it's so loving cringeworthy:

Ed Woodward, the man who holds José Mourinho’s fate in his hands

‘Woodward brokered the deal for JP Morgan that bought the Glazers United in 2005. He has a physics degree from Bristol University and a power base as formidable as Sir Alex Ferguson’s once was.’

‘Ferguson was the greatest manager in United’s history, not the top executive. Yet when he walked away the Ferguson era gave way to the Woodward era.’

'Before, the Glazers were content for United to be the Ferguson show. But when he – and the chief executive, David Gill – left in spring 2013 Woodward took charge and, under the Glazers’ command, began a United reboot that can be characterised as a near-revolution in financial and football terms.’

‘In 2013 United’s count of sponsors stood at no more than 10. Cut to 2018 and under Woodward the number has rocketed. Despite a recent reduction to achieve quality not quantity the tally stands at around 80: the latest, announced this month, is Chivas as the club’s official spirits partner.’

‘As an astute people‑reader, Mourinho will be conscious that Woodward’s mix of affability and ruthlessness (when required) makes him an operator to be reckoned with.’

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh, one more I forgot to add:

'Woodward’s razor sharp business acumen is used against him by the large constituency of fans who believe the club is a mere cash cow for the Glazers.’

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

TheBigAristotle posted:

Lifting this from Mediawatch, but it's so loving cringeworthy:

Ed Woodward, the man who holds José Mourinho’s fate in his hands

‘Woodward brokered the deal for JP Morgan that bought the Glazers United in 2005. He has a physics degree from Bristol University and a power base as formidable as Sir Alex Ferguson’s once was.’

‘Ferguson was the greatest manager in United’s history, not the top executive. Yet when he walked away the Ferguson era gave way to the Woodward era.’

'Before, the Glazers were content for United to be the Ferguson show. But when he – and the chief executive, David Gill – left in spring 2013 Woodward took charge and, under the Glazers’ command, began a United reboot that can be characterised as a near-revolution in financial and football terms.’

‘In 2013 United’s count of sponsors stood at no more than 10. Cut to 2018 and under Woodward the number has rocketed. Despite a recent reduction to achieve quality not quantity the tally stands at around 80: the latest, announced this month, is Chivas as the club’s official spirits partner.’

‘As an astute people‑reader, Mourinho will be conscious that Woodward’s mix of affability and ruthlessness (when required) makes him an operator to be reckoned with.’

Jamie Jackson is a retard and spent most of last season writing articles about how City were about to crash and burn any minute clearing the way for a glorious title win for United

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ed Woodward: Tier 1 Operator

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

fat gay nonce posted:

Jamie Jackson is a retard and spent most of last season writing articles about how City were about to crash and burn any minute clearing the way for a glorious title win for United

Lets all take a moment to remember his first and only appearance on Football Weekly...

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Go on (I don't remember/didn't listen)

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
He was just really annoying and started singing some poo poo song, but lost confidence half way through and then he got lots of abuse in the comments and never came on again. I remember some of the regulars scolding the listeners for it. They have a point, but he was really poo poo.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Poor little Jamie :(

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So he's the gooner song kid?

ARTETA ARTETA ARTETA

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/j15royals/status/1034181288054464513

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1034612092253470721

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Quoting trump is cheating

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1034557353365065733

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

What a boot in the balls for the fans.

Season tickets upped, an additional CL qualifier to pay for and three new kits. We do our bit year in, year out and we get effing shafted with poo poo like this. I’m scunnered beyond belief with the club, that fat waste of space bastard Lawwell and the other money grabbing and obsessed, Tory cunts that sit on the board.

Given the two seasons we’ve had, this is totally unacceptable and unnecessary.

a representative sample of reaction to moussa dembele possibly getting sold

edit:

Getting loving sick of this cycle of penny pinching
It shows they don’t really give a gently caress what the fans want, it’s all about the money
I was ready for chucking my ST towards the end of the Strachan era but this is pissing me off even more than that
We gently caress this up and I think it’ll be all over for me

Reminder Celtic have won the last 7 league titles in a row and back to back trebles

jre fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 29, 2018

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I know it's cheating to post Billy Haisley articles here, but jfc

https://deadspin.com/javier-pastore-escaped-his-gilded-cage-and-is-back-doin-1828689826

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You gotta do a little legwork and post his longest run-on sentence

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TheBigAristotle posted:

Can't, it's still going on

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

Did he break his record in this article or is still that 335-word masterpiece he opened different article with

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

jre posted:

Reminder Celtic have won the last 7 league titles in a row and back to back trebles

In a tinpot 4th tier league tbf

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TheBigAristotle posted:

His sentence structure has actually gotten a little better recently, so you really have to rely on his awful content these days.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I'm still 99% positive he's never actually been to Europe to see a game.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

What's that 1% holding out for?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The Kimoa Kid posted:

What's that 1% holding out for?
He met Sid Lowe and Barney Ronay one time and has decided to dedicate the rest of his life to poorly imitating their writing with a monk-like fervor.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

This is like Ray Hudson breaking down crying when he went to the Camp Nou for the first time like two years ago and they were playing his pants on head retarded English commentary over a Messi goal in the club museum or something.

Fucks sake.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

This is like Ray Hudson breaking down crying when he went to the Camp Nou for the first time like two years ago and they were playing his pants on head retarded English commentary over a Messi goal in the club museum or something.

Fucks sake.

This is the maddest I've ever been

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Kimoa Kid posted:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2403765-bein-sports-ray-hudson-is-brought-to-tears-after-first-camp-nou-visit

Sorry, it was three years ago.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I find this hard to believe, wicka

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
putting this in here for now

https://twitter.com/johnbcrist/status/1013602082421698567?s=21

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
That's a sensible chuckle (or the appropriate :golfclap: smiley).

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It was sort of bad until the last 4 seconds which were good

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Not football related but you'll probably want to read the first couple paragraphs of what our friend Billy just wrote: https://deadspin.com/theres-nothing-candid-about-lebrons-the-shop-1828725498

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Not football related but you'll probably want to read the first couple paragraphs of what our friend Billy just wrote: https://deadspin.com/theres-nothing-candid-about-lebrons-the-shop-1828725498

The never ending Weekend Web thread for bad posts about football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

The never ending Weekend Web thread for bad posts about football

LeBron owns part of Liverpool