Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaxine
Apr 3, 2005
I loving hate anti-vaxers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Vaxine posted:

Sure, but I'm not convinced you're an unbiased source here. Have you any pamphlets

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Vaxine posted:

Me too, i really want to stab them repeatedly in the upper arm.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Haifisch posted:

he asked, "what's a vaccine insert?" I told him, he said his wife was pregnant, & after the information I've given him tonight he might reconsider.

I like the way this is written, it's as if the doctor was so disillusioned after the encounter that he didn't want to have children anymore.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darling, I don't consider you pregnant anymore because now I know what a vaccine insert is. I guess you're just fat. Also put this cotton swab in your mouth. Oh it's just the bubonic plague.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Me too, i really want to stab them repeatedly in the upper arm.

That would be pointless, as their loving parents gave them the required shots as children. Stabbing antivaxxer's children in the upper arm, however, with the shots required, that would make their idiot parents' head explode with rage. I hope.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Starts out believable but gets progressively less so, with the bystanders clapping to seal the deal at the end.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

How can you spell “inappropriate“ correctly but not manage to know principle vs principal

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

life is killing me posted:

How can you spell “inappropriate“ correctly but not manage to know principle vs principal

Autocorrect. Mine fills in "inappropriate" once I type "inap".

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

Autocorrect. Mine fills in "inappropriate" once I type "inap".

Fair enough, but it happens twice and you can’t proofread? I proofread harder in autocorrect situations but maybe I’m being too anal

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

🙄

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Wouldn’t it be nice if that’s what the world was like? If you’re mean to people YOU CAN NEVER BUY FOOD AGAIN AND THEY PUT YOUR PICTURE UP.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Ah yes, the aggressive customer database

eddoghetto
Mar 27, 2007
612 Wharf Avenue
I may have spent some time on the AggCustDat back in my younger days, but I'm clean now

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Ah yes, the aggressive customer database

Utopia

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

This story is super sparse compared to other revenge fantasies - baby's first STDH or an :effort: attempt at a parody?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

eddoghetto posted:

I may have spent some time on the AggCustDat back in my younger days, but I'm clean now

NO. YOU MAY NEVER PURCHASE GROCERIES AGAIN. EVERY EMPLOYEE AT EVERY STORE KNOWS YOU NOW.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

burial posted:

Wouldn’t it be nice if that’s what the world was like? If you’re mean to people YOU CAN NEVER BUY FOOD AGAIN AND THEY PUT YOUR PICTURE UP.

I always shop at Einstein's gently caress-off and Marriage Store.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

burial posted:

NO. YOU MAY NEVER PURCHASE GROCERIES AGAIN. EVERY EMPLOYEE AT EVERY STORE KNOWS YOU NOW.
Being banned from buying groceries because you got put in the wrong database sounds like something out of a lovely cyberpunk story.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The bar I very rarely go to has a Hall of Shame of banned patrons' photos.

(That's not why I rarely go, though. I am just cheap and married to a teetotaler, so I drink at home.)

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

life is killing me posted:

Fair enough, but it happens twice and you can’t proofread? I proofread harder in autocorrect situations but maybe I’m being too anal

It's not a typo, a disturbing amount of people think principal is spelled principle. After irregardless became a word it's only a matter of time before principle becomes an acceptable spelling, along with peak as a substitute for peek and pique.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Principle is definitely a word, and has been a word essentially forever.

It's just not the word you use to refer to the person in charge of a school.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I don't think anybody is arguing that principle is not a word. It's definitely a word. It's just not the right word.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Haifisch posted:

Being banned from buying groceries because you got put in the wrong database sounds like something out of a lovely cyberpunk story.

But it wasn't the WRONG database, now was it?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Desk Lamp posted:

It's not a typo, a disturbing amount of people think principal is spelled principle. After irregardless became a word it's only a matter of time before principle becomes an acceptable spelling, along with peak as a substitute for peek and pique.

You've peaked my curiosity

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I literally balled my eyes out.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Haifisch posted:

Once Amazon buys out Twitter and their food delivery takes the place of actual supermarkets this will most definitely become the case.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Jayme posted:

This story is super sparse compared to other revenge fantasies - baby's first STDH or an :effort: attempt at a parody?

Maybe it was translated from Mandarin, and is a damning indictment of the Social Credit system... Lucky your country has such strong free speech principals.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

You've peaked my curiosity

walrusman posted:

unphased by your lovely linguistics. ama.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
For all intensive purposes, this joke has gone on far too long

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Jerry Cotton posted:

I always shop at Einstein's gently caress-off and Marriage Store.

Doesn’t everyone?

Haifisch posted:

Like the other fine poster said, this is happening. And it’s happening soon! I was really hoping for a non-lovely cyberpunk future, but here we are.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Hey, why do you think you have to show your ID when you buy groceries?

It's for real, man!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

burial posted:

Doesn’t everyone?

Well they did start clapping so yes.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Pththya-lyi posted:

For all intensive purposes, this joke has gone on far too long

I knew that from the gecko though. What can I say? It's a doggy dog world out there.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I don't think anybody is arguing that principle is not a word. It's definitely a word. It's just not the right word.

There’s no red underline, so it’s fine.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

walrusman posted:

That is quite the mental image.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

burial posted:

Like the other fine poster said, this is happening. And it’s happening soon! I was really hoping for a non-lovely cyberpunk future, but here we are.

In Australia they're finally developing a database of people who steal petrol and it's linked to licence plate reading cameras.

So, if you steal petrol in one place you may very well find yourself banned from getting fuel again.

NB, this obviously excludes people who get a new car, new plates, steal new plates, or just go to the majority of sites with no plate reading cameras.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Splicer posted:

That is quite the mental image.

A little something like this?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

jobson groeth posted:

A little something like this?

Not the kind of balling I was picturing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Splicer posted:

Not the kind of balling I was picturing.

:quagmire: