Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Premier Sports pro14 coverage is fine so far.

Some folks will be mad to hear that they've just launched a "first month free" promotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Tyma posted:

Some folks will be mad to hear that they've just launched a "first month free" promotion.

I'm watching on the Blues-Leinster game on TG4 stream in Irish. No idea what the commentators are saying :)
Have they released which games will be on s4C yet?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Aramoro posted:

Eh? I hope that gets overturned on appeal.

Fortunately it was.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Tyma posted:

Virgin gave customers 2 months free Premier sports after they removed the UKTV channels, their coverage is pretty decent so far and I'll probably end up subscribing ffs.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
As it turns out, passing the ball to George North is a really good idea?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Well back to blaming Nigel for the Blues fans.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Bath are getting pumped ta hosed by our boys

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Looke posted:

Bath are getting pumped ta hosed by our boys

I am glad I was out drinking and didn't have to watch it.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

tarbrush posted:

I am glad I was out drinking and didn't have to watch it.
here's a quick highlight reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZyt45QdYKk

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I see. It’s going to be one of those seasons then...

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

I'll probably end up subscribing ffs.

I take it back, gently caress watching Leinster win at the death on their way to another title. Unlucky blues :smith:

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

This game is boring, but Andrew Trimble dropping the loving knowledge bomb about the Ulster mascot Sparky being played by random members of the squad is worth the price of rugby.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

I take it back, gently caress watching Leinster win at the death on their way to another title. Unlucky blues :smith:

And with an almost total younger second team side too. That was a good game.

I'm loving the season opener weekend for NH clubs. I subscribed to RugbyPass with a VPN and am enjoying watching Exeter beat up on Leicester.

Edit: and as I post, Slade had a beauty run and offload for a try. He may not translate to international level but he is fantastic at club level.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Terrible from the Dragons. If this doesn't improve and Jackman isn't gone by Christmas he has to have some dirt on someone.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Spicy hot take of the weekend - Israel Folau is, as a player, just whelming and is nowhere near as good as the Aussie hype machine that surrounds him would want you to believe. If he were on this side of the Tasman, he'd maybe play a couple of tests or midweek fixtures for the All Blacks, maybe. Anyone that thinks Folau is better than, say, Ben Smith or Liam Williams has no idea what the gently caress they're talking about.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Spicy hot take of the weekend - Israel Folau is, as a player, just whelming and is nowhere near as good as the Aussie hype machine that surrounds him would want you to believe. If he were on this side of the Tasman, he'd maybe play a couple of tests or midweek fixtures for the All Blacks, maybe. Anyone that thinks Folau is better than, say, Ben Smith or Liam Williams has no idea what the gently caress they're talking about.

Bit of a Quade Cooper situation. When he’s on he’s untouchable, but that’s only once or twice a season. Otherwise pedestrian to bad.

ElectroMagneticJosh posted:

They had a massive boost of interest during the 2003 RWC and completely squandered it. People were turning up to watch games who had never seen Rugby Union before (I remember some Aussie family friends ask us to email them some basic rules/things to watch for because they were seeing their first match). The ARU thought "great, now lets keep rugby being run exactly the way it always was and not look to expand the game at the grass-roots level - a new super rugby team will be sufficient".

This is what happens when you allow a bunch of old boys who took to many blows to the head in the 70s run the game. They’ve had everything handed to them throughout life so they’ve never had to stop and think that they might have to put some effort to grow the game. They just assumed that it’d happen like they just so happened to get a job in dad’s friends firm straight out of undergrad.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

He has been really loving good in the past. Agree that he's not all that right now.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Leicester have just sacked Matt O'Connor. Two days after their first game of the season.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Lost the dressing room apparently. They looked appalling on Saturday so I can believe it.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Cornell Du Preez broke his larynx in his Worcester debut in a freak accident. Apparently he just walked off the pitch knowing he was in trouble according to Duncan Weir. :stonk:

quote:

"There was no big scene about it," he told BBC Hereford & Worcester. "But then he's just a very hard guy. Probably the hardest man I've ever played with, or against.

"I had no idea what had happened. It was only post-match I'd heard he'd gone to hospital. I didn't know that he'd got injured - or the level of it.

"If I'd been struggling to breathe, I'd have been in a right kerfuffle. But he was calm and collected. He just walked off knowing he needed help. And that shows the character and hardness of the man.

"If that had been me, I'd have been in sheer panic. My toys would would not only have been out of the pram, they'd have been all over the car park."

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Holy poo poo, if I broke my larynx I'd have pissed myself on the pitch.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status/1035887099143221248?s=20

Cips with a dirty one to start the season.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kurtley Beale is starting at 10 for the Wallabies. I hope it all comes down to a potentially match-winning kick from him. Again.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
This ought to be an interesting test. Lots of AB’s with something to prove.

E: wow lots of early injuries :ohdear:

slothrop fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Sep 8, 2018

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

3 knock ons prior to that try.... But gently caress that was a good run.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Argentina woke up!

reac
Jul 15, 2000

nada corre como un zorro
GG Argentina.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

reac posted:

GG Argentina.

Very good.

How about that last pass from TTT? goddamn

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

slothrop posted:

Very good.

How about that last pass from TTT? goddamn

Certainly a better debut than Moan.... Muang.... Dude at number 10.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Moana wasn't bad but wasn't better than Barrett, or DMac. I think ALB also showed how good he really is. Great running but goddamn his defence is huge. I swear I saw him scramble and make three tackles in a row in the second half.

Frizell is interesting, clearly made a HUGE impact. Whatever happened to Vaea Fifita? I feel like a read something where he feels like he got screwed over by the AB's selectors due to us not having enough depth at whatever position.

Looking forward to watching this Aus - SA game. Have they got a camera set up in Cheika's booth or are they just using canned reaction shots from every other game?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
:lol: that SA lineout. Straight to the Aussie in front of the posts.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Hard to believe watching this game that Australia and South Africa are 5 and 7 in the rankings. Looks more like 15 and 17. Two bad teams.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Mo'unga. It's not that difficult.

slothrop posted:

Whatever happened to Vaea Fifita? I feel like a read something where he feels like he got screwed over by the AB's selectors due to us not having enough depth at whatever position.

Fifita was used as a lock all season by the Hurricanes, and was fairly pedestrian compared to Squires and Frizell. He'll probably be there at the end of the year.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fanatic posted:

:lol: that SA lineout. Straight to the Aussie in front of the posts.

Like goddamn. I went to piss when Australia got bundled into touch and was so confused when I came back. Nice to see Toomua back though

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Michael Jones' son coming through: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/106944034/michael-jones-son-niko-leads-st-peters-to-first-xv-title

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

Mo'unga. It's not that difficult.

I'm aware. I was taking the piss.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Bastareaud gets a red for this nasty cheap shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBfWcmGX_ZQ

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bessantj posted:

Bastareaud gets a red for this nasty cheap shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBfWcmGX_ZQ

Oh, that's a red card offence now, is it?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Red card and wag of the finger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Recently we've had the question "Where were you on 11/09/2001" but more rugby related, where were you when Scotland put 50+ points on Australia?