Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Oh hey I set up the room for the PS4 LAN party

Google search for these just went up 100% after this post. Company will be out of stock if you turn the PC bois on to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yes yes no yes yes

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yes yes no yes yes

Wow, didn't know four of those were futa models

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
The PS4 has LAN capabilities?

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

Insane Totoro posted:

The PS4 has LAN capabilities?

Large anus'd nancies? Yup

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It has WAHHHHHN capability too.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Gambit is good

It needs private matches at launch

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Destiny is back!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Invade with sleeper = guaranteed triple/quad kill

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Gambit is fun. Sins of the Past is great for mote farming. Seeing tons of shotgun invaders but not many snipers. Agree this needs a private match feature.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
sleeper sim feels like king for versatility between boss dps and dealing with potential invaders in super

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I think the strat may be assigning two people out of the four to be mote collectors so they collect above ten faster and can quickly send medium blocks over. The other two roll with them and cover them and they all kill ads. If everyone just picks them up willy nilly they are spread too thin to get medium blocks quickly.

I had a lot of luck in another match just now invading with sins of the past and firing rockets at them. Got a triple kill. Also, perfect paradox and shield matching with an energy weapon is real good.

It’s a really cool and fun game mode but I don’t think I totally understand all the mechanics inside the middle and latter game.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

The endgame screen should have the stats of all players though

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

The endgame screen should have the stats of all players though

?

Ours did.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
i've barely played since launch and suck rear end but the sweet business seems good for this mode???

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

If your gonna be the invader or you didn't masterwork it, no.
If you're gonna be the mote collector and it's been masterworked, yes.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Gambit is Good

Running Titan with Skullfort, Paradox, Solemn Hymn (AR w/Grave Robber), and Wardcliff. It's good for add clear if I can remember not to run into the tougher enemies that don't die on shoulder charge.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Blind Rasputin posted:

I think the strat may be assigning two people out of the four to be mote collectors so they collect above ten faster and can quickly send medium blocks over. The other two roll with them and cover them and they all kill ads. If everyone just picks them up willy nilly they are spread too thin to get medium blocks quickly.

I had a lot of luck in another match just now invading with sins of the past and firing rockets at them. Got a triple kill. Also, perfect paradox and shield matching with an energy weapon is real good.

It’s a really cool and fun game mode but I don’t think I totally understand all the mechanics inside the middle and latter game.

I think you're on to something with the dedicated collectors

some other stuff:

-each team has a bar at the top that keeps track of the motes banked. the grey bit is motes collected but not banked; if the enemy team has a lot of grey that's a good time to invade if you can
-the primeval will weaken at least once a bit after it spawns. I'm not sure if it'll continue to weaken, but save your supers/heavy/special for after it weakens once
-invasion portals open at 25/50 motes banked. Once a team has summoned a primeval, the other teams portal will repeatedly open very quickly
-killing an enemy as an invader while the primeval is up will heal the primeval; don't invade an enemy when their primeval is at full health, wait until they've damaged it some in order to waste their efforts
-this healing will apply if you die to an npc while an invader is present, I'm pretty sure. So stay very safe while being invaded

golden gun can be really good while invading, especially if they're distracted by a primeval

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

DIM is getting timeouts, servers are probably getting slammed. So make sure you got stuff you want before going into a match

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Spiv posted:

?

Ours did.

sorry I meant per round

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mazerunner posted:

-the primeval will weaken at least once a bit after it spawns. I'm not sure if it'll continue to weaken, but save your supers/heavy/special for after it weakens once

To clarify on this, you get a buff called Primeval Slayer shortly after your Primeval spawns and it continues to stack the longer your Primeval is up. The higher your stacks, the more damage you do to the Primeval.

I don't think its related to killing the Primeval Envoys, but one of the tooltips said that the Envoys give the Primeval a damage resistance buff while they're up.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

In other words if the warlock on your team isn't wearing Lunafaction Boots for the Primeval stage on round one, yell at them until they do.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The best part of Gambit is definitely when 2 members of your team drop and you can spend the next 15 minutes just jacking off in the spawn.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I wasn't really sold on gambit when they announced it. I won't have the chance to play until tomorrow, but I have been watching some streamers and it looks pretty loving boring.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The new titan supers sound fun as hell. I don't know if I'm going to want to spin to win or superman mode it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

el B posted:

I wasn't really sold on gambit when they announced it. I won't have the chance to play until tomorrow, but I have been watching some streamers and it looks pretty loving boring.

It's outstanding! Something for everyone

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's outstanding! Something for everyone

He's just trying to be cool by having a (wrong) opinion about the newest, greatest game mode.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
I’ve had a lot of fun with my buds in Gambit. It’s too early to know if it will hold up over time but it was a blast this morning.

Pro strat for the pregame emote room: all four of your team turns your back to the enemy and you stand there motionless. Give them nothing.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Post tips to maximize teleporting to the enemy and slaying itt

I want to get my hands dirty not send ai

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

You get 4 sleeper shots with every heavy brick. bring that with you and delete the enemy.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Sleeper and Golden Gun. Become fear.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
If I bought destiny 2 on Xbox when it first came out but never purchased a season pass or any DLC, how much do I need to pay to get caught up with Forsaken?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
$60

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

1stGear posted:

To clarify on this, you get a buff called Primeval Slayer shortly after your Primeval spawns and it continues to stack the longer your Primeval is up. The higher your stacks, the more damage you do to the Primeval.

I don't think its related to killing the Primeval Envoys, but one of the tooltips said that the Envoys give the Primeval a damage resistance buff while they're up.

The envoys and the stacking buff are different things. The buff boosts damage output over time, the envoys increase the boss’s resistance. It’s almost always worth killing the envoys first so that you can burst thru the HP pool of the boss once you have enough stacks.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Gambit is so drat good

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Stupid idea I’m going to try later: invade as a Sentinel, pop a bubble on the enemy’s primeval, emote, peace out.

I expect this to go poorly but it will be hilarious.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I posted my dumb project on reddit, please upboat or whatever it is that people do over there

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/9c7r1s/dinklebot_lives/

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Mikey-San posted:

Stupid idea I’m going to try later: invade as a Sentinel, pop a bubble on the enemy’s primeval, emote, peace out.

I expect this to go poorly but it will be hilarious.

do this on their bank before they summon a primeval, profit

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

+1 to gambit is fun crowd.

Wonder how it plays when people get sweaty and know how to play it but for now it's just a rootin' tootin' shootin' fun time.

(also I got to use hawthorne's+fighting lion some more and this build is legit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah Gambit is insanely fun.

The commentary is perfect. Informative but not irritating.