Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

My question is how does his Walkman play that much of a song in less than one second. Quick Force?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

My question is how does his Walkman play that much of a song in less than one second. Quick Force?

Fast forward.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lobok posted:

Fast forward.

I had a Walkman, if they could fast forward that fast it would have been awesome. Skipping songs on cassette was a chore. Everything on cassette was a chore actually.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
His ears are gateways to the speed dimension

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

His ears are gateways to the speed quick dimension

Ahem.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I mean half the poo poo he does on the mansion rescue wouldn't work if his power is just "goes fast" so he's more of a time manipulator that can extend his field around other poo poo and maybe tweak how fast/slow he reacts to poo poo and obviously all of this is passive so doesn't have to think about it and oh for fucks sake here I am thinking about comics again.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I mean half the poo poo he does on the mansion rescue wouldn't work if his power is just "goes fast" so he's more of a time manipulator that can extend his field around other poo poo and maybe tweak how fast/slow he reacts to poo poo and obviously all of this is passive so doesn't have to think about it and oh for fucks sake here I am thinking about comics again.

The rules for how super speed works are pretty mercurial.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I went to see Ant-Man & the Wasp today. It was entertaining enough but did the FBI guy who was a mole for Boyd Crowder get caught at the end or did they skip over it?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lobok posted:

The rules for how super speed works are pretty max mercurial.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Look there's a simple formula for how superspeed works, and if you recite the formula you get superspeed

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I went to see Ant-Man & the Wasp today. It was entertaining enough but did the FBI guy who was a mole for Boyd Crowder get caught at the end or did they skip over it?

He got deaded by Ghost.

E: I mean we didn't SEE her kill him, but she grabbed him and then the FBI found a body so...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Teenage Fansub posted:

But it's got it's own crusty tie-in song already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB-B6DUY0OY
venimmmm

This really is a 90s movie. I doubt Eminem's lazy modern lyrics can match "MY HAT IS LIKE A SHARKS FIN!" though.

Also Eminem ripping off better albums for his cover. He going to rip off Fear of a Black Planet next?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I think Avengers Quiksilver was just worse at acceleration. He couldn't get fast enough to move Hawkeye and the kid and also dodge the bullets.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

I had a Walkman, if they could fast forward that fast it would have been awesome. Skipping songs on cassette was a chore. Everything on cassette was a chore actually.

well he does have an offscreen presumably magic sister, maybe she made him a special walkman.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

First concert Eminem ever went to was Beastie Boys and Run DMC, so it's a nice tribute.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is Eminem the good version of Kid Rock or is Kid Rock the poo poo version of Eminem? :v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bruceski posted:

He got deaded by Ghost.

E: I mean we didn't SEE her kill him, but she grabbed him and then the FBI found a body so...

The only person she kills in the movie too I think?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Oh I JUST got that the backwards E is an Eminem thing. I thought that V3nom logo was doing some weird "corruption, off-kilter" edgelord thing that, along with not noticing it was Eminem who sent it, made the original announcement tweet really weird why people treated it as significant.

I am hip with the music scene, y'all.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Since we're talking about Ant-Man & The Wasp, I think I missed something in the movie: Boyd talks at the beginning about how Hydra and SHIELD are gone but the people he is working for are very interested in the tech and are looking to invest billions in it but I don't recall a name being dropped, I guess it was AIM or something? Or was he just bullshitting?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There's always another villainous org wanting tech

It'll probably be roxxon or something

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That’s actually part of what I liked about the DoFP scene more than the Apocalypse scene (that and being part of a better movie, but I did actually like Apocalypse. It felt very 90’s comics, tone-wise). In DoFP, quicksilver did stuff like hold up magneto’s head so he wouldn’t break his neck. It all felt a lot more... thought through?

Apocalypse scene still ruled but it just wasn’t as good.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Samuringa posted:

Since we're talking about Ant-Man & The Wasp, I think I missed something in the movie: Boyd talks at the beginning about how Hydra and SHIELD are gone but the people he is working for are very interested in the tech and are looking to invest billions in it but I don't recall a name being dropped, I guess it was AIM or something? Or was he just bullshitting?
It’s never clear who it is

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Batista seems to be burning his bridges with Disney.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Good on him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dave, buddy, you live on that bridge.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well there's always Escape Plan 4.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He was Blade Runner 2049 which is way better than any comic book movie. So I think he’s fine.

Disney can go gently caress themselves anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

He was Blade Runner 2049 which is way better than any comic book movie. So I think he’s fine.

Disney can go gently caress themselves anyway.

Eh, overrated. It also kind of flopped.

And he’s no Rock.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

"Overrated" is a very overrated means of criticism, and lol at pointing at box office as a metric of quality.

e: I honestly hate that phrase, it just says you can't even criticize it without trying to tear it down by filtering it through other people's reactions, that's weird.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
br2049 is a very pretty movie, though fairly misogynist

i wouldve said he was only in it for three minutes as a criticism myself

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It shows that people want this guy in stuff that isn’t a comic book movie or a dtv action flick.

He’ll be fine. Heck I’m sure he’ll be the number one person Gunn calls when he gets his flick.

I’m stoked for whatever that is.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Heh, the "spoiler" he gave is only a spoiler if you haven't read the IMDB page for Infinity +1 War.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arist posted:

"Overrated" is a very overrated means of criticism, and lol at pointing at box office as a metric of quality.

e: I honestly hate that phrase, it just says you can't even criticize it without trying to tear it down by filtering it through other people's reactions, that's weird.

He said way better. I said that's overrating it.

It is a comic book movie.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I like Batista as Drax and he had some underrated matches somewhere in the middle of his career. I don't think he's a mountain shaker of an actor though.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Arist posted:

But this movie made a bazillion dollars, how could it not be better?!!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
They did 3 br2049 prequels by different directors. There’s one that follows his character. He’s seriously so good in it. It blew me away how good he was.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He is utterly fantastic as Drax and based on his performance in that role alone he is going to be just fine once he is done with Disney.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
it's not a comic book movie, but bushwick is on netflix. it's one of bautista's first movies. it's interesting in that it's mostly done in really long shots. you can tell he's green to acting in it, but it's impressive in that he's acting through these long shots and convinces you of his soft-spoken badass character.

definitely worth watching, though i imagine lots of folks might find it a bit much as far as its plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1036985335740289024

That character has an entire beard, the DCCU is doomed

• Locked thread