Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
*standing in the candy aisle of the supermarket thinking about which candy to take with me to the funeral*

Hmm... I like Swedish fish but they will get stuck to my teeth... lemonheads? So sour... There are lots of people at funerals, I need a candy I can share. Mike & Ike’s! Perfect especially since the guy who died was named Mike. Mike McCain. I wonder if there will be booze there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

jarofpiss posted:

will they deliver to me?

you guys couldve called

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
A ton of uber drivers have trouble even paying for the costs of the job and many make under minimum wage but hey its easy right

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

lol if you've never seen somebody eat out of a church's bucket and throw the bones on the bus floor

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Duscat posted:

holy poo poo that was the butthole surfers???

reminds me that beavis and butthead beat on some early smashing pumpkins stuff too

im mad at whoever uploaded that

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Welcome to the Republican party lmao

Libs get so mad when you get and point out how anti labor uber is, it's the exact same excuse for literally any city no matter what the bus system/taxi density is
"bu but it's convenient :qq:"
https://twitter.com/sojournimages/status/989480632916078594

thats why i use lyft :smugdog:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Regular Nintendo posted:

i see sonic's shoe

i see an american chud farmer doing his patriotic duty

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Sir Tonk posted:

im mad at whoever uploaded that

yah it's sad but it seems this stuff all gets turbo deleted unless it's almost unrecognizable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K4iWKkLuvw

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Libs get so mad when you get and point out how anti labor uber is, it's the exact same excuse for literally any city no matter what the bus system/taxi density is

are you saying i should vote with my dollar?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

A ton of uber drivers have trouble even paying for the costs of the job and many make under minimum wage but hey its easy right

you are speaking liberalism do you understand this?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
dsa should start a rideshare app

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

twoday posted:

*standing in the candy aisle of the supermarket thinking about which candy to take with me to the funeral*

Hmm... I like Swedish fish but they will get stuck to my teeth... lemonheads? So sour... There are lots of people at funerals, I need a candy I can share. Mike & Ike’s! Perfect especially since the guy who died was named Mike. Mike McCain. I wonder if there will be booze there.

*is chris christie*

*just pours my bag of M&M's from one to the other, back and forth, with no regard to the noise it makes during mccain's funeral*

usher: "Why are you doing that? Please stop? Please stop."

"OH IM TRYING TO CARBONATE THE CANDY"

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Spo has anything happened with trump since the convictions

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I mean it's capitalism, no ethical consumption blah blah, like I said, you can take uber, just don't think you're changing anything by cash tipping the driver. That's literally playing right into their hands lol

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Several of one of my kids' friends drive for Favor and when they're not working they enjoy using Favor to get stuff delivered.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

An Apple A Gay posted:

lol if you've never seen somebody eat out of a church's bucket and throw the bones on the bus floor

:thermidor: if you haven't

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

I mean it's capitalism, no ethical consumption blah blah, like I said, you can take uber, just don't think you're changing anything by cash tipping the driver. That's literally playing right into their hands lol

I never tip anyone so I"m way ahead of you

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1036024652722622464

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
chris christie, raising his hand enthusiastically: HI JOHN! JOHN!! ITS ME, CHRIS!

*m&m's spill everywhere, he raised the candy holding hand*

AWWW GEEEZE WILL YOU GUYS HELP ME SCOOP THEM UP? JUST BLOW ON THEM THEYLL BE FINE

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I take Uber just because it brutally oppresses the drivers.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
the most absurd thing about Uber is they'd still make tons of money and improve taxi service just by licensing out their dispatch infrastructure SaaS style

for some weird reason theyre ignoring this rising tide approach in favor of making mondo dollars by crushing workers and establishing a monopoly

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

well she’s pregnant so that number’s goin up

Thanks for this

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

cumshitter posted:

chris christie, raising his hand enthusiastically: HI JOHN! JOHN!! ITS ME, CHRIS!

*m&m's spill everywhere, he raised the candy holding hand*

AWWW GEEEZE WILL YOU GUYS HELP ME SCOOP THEM UP? JUST BLOW ON THEM THEYLL BE FINE

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/713546359287230464

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Elephanthead posted:

I take Uber just because it brutally oppresses the drivers.

I've done Lyft twice and it was really pleasant and fun but I felt like filth afterwards

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i haven't disagreed with anything you said about uber and i didn't argue that using it was good. tipping the driver well is the decent thing to do when you make the decision to use uber or whatever because it matters to that individual. im not diogenes and it's liberalism to argue that there's purity in consumption outside of actual picket line crossing or deliberately breaking a boycott or whatever

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

which school will be the first to rename its team to the Trumps

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Bearjew posted:

the alcoholics anonymous challenge coins are not redeemable for real currency

tell that to my AA crypto coin bank account :smug:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i take uber to an airbnb, and then i have chicken delivered by Favor. for that triple loving

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Australia has a higher minimum wage than the us

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Marx Headroom posted:

the most absurd thing about Uber is they'd still make tons of money and improve taxi service just by licensing out their dispatch infrastructure SaaS style

for some weird reason theyre ignoring this rising tide approach in favor of making mondo dollars by crushing workers and establishing a monopoly

Capitalists just don't care

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Fact, Uber drivers are not allowed to stop driving for Uber.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Inspector Hound posted:

Australia has a higher minimum wage than the us

But they don't get paid in USD so it really is lower.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

twoday posted:

Love Mike, hate Ike

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

Fact, Uber drivers are not allowed to stop driving for Uber.

Uber uber alles

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

also the chicken tastes best when it's factory farmed and then delivered by combustion engine from a completely walkable distance by a single mom for a $1.49 fare

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I've used airbnb and other property rental things and for whatever reason they don't make me feel like poo poo

except when the flat is lovely but that's different

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Of all the hundreds of companies that need to be nationalized so that people can once again have dignified and good lives, uber and Lyft are deffo among them but like at number 100

Unless you live in like one of half a dozen cities, your normie cabs work the same as rideshare apps but they just gently caress then over differently

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

But they don't get paid in USD so it really is lower.

No i just looked on xe, its like 18 and change aud which is 12.95 usd

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
chris christie: I don't understand why I'm here. John McCain was a great guy and all, but I don't understand why we're doing this big thing to celebrate him taking a nap.

*congressional aide whispers into Christie's ear*

Oh. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh..... Wow. Um. I'm really sorry, folks.

*a fruit by the foot pops out of Christie's pocket and rolls into the coffin*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Someone suggested I drive for Uber while I'm on disability and I wanted to kill them

• Locked thread